Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 07:54:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 151 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Iridium (IRD) - People are Power - Community build crypto  (Read 149696 times)
SyrioForElle

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 08:18:51 PM

That's all fine and dandy but I doubt anyone would buy this coin at 37380 sats. It's only worth as much as people are prepared to spend on it.

Demand affects price, sure, but so does supply.

If Miners are smart about it, they'll hold onto their coins until prices are bid up to a price commensurate to it's value.

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!

Please only speculate money you can afford to lose
gangnam2016

Activity: 190

GET IN - Smart Ticket Protocol - Live in market!

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 08:21:59 PM

That's all fine and dandy but I doubt anyone would buy this coin at 37380 sats. It's only worth as much as people are prepared to spend on it.

If Miners are smart about it, they'll hold onto their coins until prices are bid up to a price commensurate to it's value.

Miners shouldn't sell lower than their cost, I agree. They are after all having an oppurtunity cost by mining this rather than other currencies like XMR.

I liked this project. Full of either premine shitclones or scam ICOs. I'll check it out with mode details.

GUTS | GET-Protocol ICO
smart-ticket protocol for events | live product with market traction!
BTC ANN | WEBSITE | BLOG | SANDBOX | WHITEPAPER | BOUNTY
DeepTerrfici

Activity: 275

Data Collecting Textile Circuitry

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 08:40:48 PM

anyone gpu mining on this?

zenstrive

Activity: 46
Merit: 4

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 08:52:20 PM

I am currently. Just wanna mine it somehow, looks promising.
Mining on four GPUs and one CPU. 2 RX 460 4GB, 1 RX 570 4GB, 1 RX 580 8GB, 1 R7 1700 @ 3.9 Ghz. Total of ~ 2200 h/s, gaining ~ 5 coins per half an hour.
DeepTerrfici

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 09:09:15 PM

Mining on four GPUs and one CPU. 2 RX 460 4GB, 1 RX 570 4GB, 1 RX 580 8GB, 1 R7 1700 @ 3.9 Ghz. Total of ~ 2200 h/s, gaining ~ 5 coins per half an hour.

which pool is working best for you?

zenstrive

Activity: 46
Merit: 4

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 09:33:43 PM

I tried only http://ird.globalpool.cc/#
It's working nicely so far, so not bothering with others
I do set claymore cryptonight to reset every 30 minutes though, just in case
DeepTerrfici

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 10:01:02 PM

i'm running the ccminer they linked up front on some nvidia gpus. the tk and mine77 pools run for a few minutes before they just stop finding shares, and i cant even get connected on global pool

garytheasshole

Activity: 406
Merit: 105

Chosŏn Minjujuŭi Inmin Konghwaguk

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2017, 10:08:24 PM

i'm running the ccminer they linked up front on some nvidia gpus. the tk and mine77 pools run for a few minutes before they just stop finding shares, and i cant even get connected on global pool
The stratum (pool) difficulty rises as you submit shares faster and faster to prevent share spam, what's your hash rate and the stratum difficulty when it supposedly stops finding shares?

cryptkeeper1979

Activity: 198

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 10:18:14 PM

I made a mining video for Nvidia GPUs for Iridium and for anyone having issues mining, irdpool.tk has worked perfect for me. Miner77 and GlobalPool have had some issues as of late.

Hope you guys enjoy the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-zXnuykots

BTC: 1PP5r4YnGNXo4TFpCX4TKgSjrh9qRmWocn
DeepTerrfici

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 10:30:42 PM

The stratum (pool) difficulty rises as you submit shares faster and faster to prevent share spam, what's your hash rate and the stratum difficulty when it supposedly stops finding shares?

hashrate on site says, 5.9kh/s. diff is varying quite a bit, 200000s to 600000s. getting a share every 2 or 3 min

SyrioForElle

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 11:22:09 PM

Miners shouldn't sell lower than their cost, I agree. They are after all having an oppurtunity cost by mining this rather than other currencies like XMR.

I liked this project. Full of either premine shitclones or scam ICOs. I'll check it out with mode details.

Well, so, yes. Miners absolutely shouldn't want to sell less than their cost.

But I think if miners are smart they shouldn't want to sell less than the coin's value. And typically there's very little relation between a coin's value and the cost of mining it, especially close to launch.

If you go in with the mindset of selling at or close to cost, miners are just leaving the real money for speculators. Speculators will buy it off miners at or close to the cost of mining it, and then sell it at the value of the coin - which can be thousands of time more.

Why leave that kind of money on the table for others to take? Especially for a coin like this that can conservatively be estimated to be worth 20,000 satoshi each?

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!

Please only speculate money you can afford to lose
Trade_BTC

Activity: 785
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 12:08:07 AM

Well, so, yes. Miners absolutely shouldn't want to sell less than their cost.

But I think if miners are smart they shouldn't want to sell less than the coin's value. And typically there's very little relation between a coin's value and the cost of mining it, especially close to launch.

If you go in with the mindset of selling at or close to cost, miners are just leaving the real money for speculators. Speculators will buy it off miners at or close to the cost of mining it, and then sell it at the value of the coin - which can be thousands of time more.

Why leave that kind of money on the table for others to take? Especially for a coin like this that can conservatively be estimated to be worth 20,000 satoshi each?

The prob is exchanges worth being on take a very long time to actually add coins and require enormous amount of community support usually to get there.
fonship

Activity: 893
Merit: 135

Bitcoin is not a currency or asset. Its a MOVEMENT

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2017, 02:25:41 AM

With this much difficulty, how people are finding it mining to be profitable?
Can anyone share some calculation, how you are estimating because my formulas suggest better to mine some other new coin rather then mining at this difficulty

Because the fundamentals of this coin are incredibly strong. See, for example, this analysis:

50 sats?  I think that's a heavy undervalue.

Let's look at the potential of Iridium, with citations to my assumptions:

ANN tells us (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2150442.0):
-No Premine
-Fair launch
-LOW TOTAL SUPPLY: most of supply emitted in year 1 (18,750,000 of 25,000,000).  This means this will not be a dumpmine coin, because mining rewards will get low soon -> early holders will get massive reward.
-CryptoNote coin

On the downside, roadmap is a little unclear, but this lets us implement a strong comparable: ByteCoin (BCN), another cryptonote coin which has little utility right now (their "ecosystem" is all pools/exchanges, which means they have no real functionality yet, see https://bytecoin.org/ecosystem/).  BCN has a nethash of 4 MH/s (https://minergate.com/blockchain/bcn/blocks) and a market cap of $287 million (https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bytecoin-bcn/).

Iridium has a nethash of ~147 KH/s (https://mine77.net/).  Let's discount that to 140 KH/s because it might be volatile right now.  So 140 KH/s out of 4 MH/s is 3.5%.

If we value Iridium at 3.5% of BCN, that's US$10.05 million.  But of course, we must discount for the 3.5 year head-start of BCN.  On March 12 2014, BCN launched (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=512747.0).  Crypto market cap was US$9.167 billion that day (https://coinmarketcap.com/charts/).  Today, crypto market cap is US$144.134 billion (https://coinmarketcap.com/charts/).  So crypto market cap was only 6.36% of today's market cap on the day BCN launched.

If we apply 6.36% to the US$10.05 million potental for Iridium (to discount it back 3.5 years), we get a US$638,860 market cap estimate for Iridium today, right now, based on current hash (as hash and time increase, value will increase).  The US$638,860 is the value of the current supply already emitted.  Also consider that SIGT (a recent no premine coin), a currency with a roadmap and a plan but no product, has a market cap of US$4 million after less than two months (https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/signatum/).  So over $600,000 for a new coin with a fair launch and no premine is not out of the ordinary, and very achievable.

Now, current supply is a little hard to figure out because the block sizes are not uniform.  Users are reporting block rewards ranging from the 40s to about 94 (see https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2150442.msg21584105#msg2158410 and https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2150442.msg21587151#msg21587151).  If you keep an eye on "Last Reward" at a couple of the pools (https://mine77.net/), you will see the same - block rewards fluctuate from 94 to 60 to something in the 40s.

Let's take a buyer-friendly assumption, and assume all blocks are size 95.  This is buyer-friendly because the more I increase the current Iridium supply in this estimate, the lower the price is.  I am giving a maximum possible supply.

Current blockheight is 4283**.  That suggests a current supply MAX of 4283*95 = 406,885.

Price then is simply US$638,860 estimated current cap divided by 406,885 max current supply = US$1.57 per Iridium.  If we conservatively assume $4200 per bitcoin (price as of writing is $4122) then the satoshis value is 1.57/4200 = .00037380 Bitcoin or 37380 satoshis.

If you want to argue that's too high, by all means do so, but I have given a very conservative estimate of value and even my large overestimate of supply illustrates how small the supply of this coin really is.  So please argue against the math, not some generic notion of why this is too high.  I realize the supply is growing, but so is value in terms of hash and time, and given that more than 50% of blocks seem to have rewards in the 40s (unlike my assumption that all are 95), I have probably already estimated the price at nearly half of what it should be.  If you want to apply a further haircut for risk, by all means do so, but this coin is likely worth over 20k satoshis, and possibly as high as 50k.

**Note: I wrote this like 60 mins ago.  There may be a few more blocks since then, but I have already severely overestimated supply (thus underestimating price), and even another 400 blocks will only affect my calculations by 10%.  Some of the other numbers may have varied a little too, but the Iridium hash is up to 150 KH/s, which is 7% higher than the value in my estimate.  So my estimate is still conservative.

TL;DR: good mathematical basis for estimating value at 37380 sats.  If you want to apply a margin of +- 50% for risk, that still means a value over 20000 sats.  People need to really understand how low the supply is.  Don't sell at 50 sats per Iridium.

Edit: some math fixes.

Great explanation and same way i do my calculation. Seems like i will be making thousands of dollars if this repeats what signatum did and considering miner support, it is bound to happen. only difference with signatum is that it was a new algo which created more buzz.

So, when we are planning to come on exchange, we can add to Nova voting and since we have decent community we can get voting done quickly as well.

selling sushistake.com, send offers
IRD-PoolOperator

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 03:18:05 AM

irdpool .tk has dropped the fee to 0.4% (0.1% below the planned fee on mine77) in response to critically low hashrates. This isn't free unlike the other pools. Based on the last several pages I'd like to claim that irdpool .tk has had the greatest uptime record with the least issues of all pools.

The only reason I have to ask miners to mine on irdpool .tk despite the fee is that decentralization is important. The block stoppage we had a few days ago would have been less severe if my pool had enough hashrate to pick up the slack without waiting for a significant difficulty drop. I promoted others to start pools so the hashrate could decentralized, unfortunately this has caused re-centralization somewhere else. Currently more than 51% of the hashrate is on a pool that split onto it's own chain a few days ago.
fonship

Activity: 893
Merit: 135

Bitcoin is not a currency or asset. Its a MOVEMENT

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2017, 03:24:45 AM

Want to start subreddit for IRD, there is already with name Iridium for some browser, suggest some name, will IridiumCrypto or IridiumCoin will work?
If Dev can setup i would recommend dev to create that.

selling sushistake.com, send offers
Alexey Sukharev

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 05:04:03 AM

I made a mining video for Nvidia GPUs for Iridium and for anyone having issues mining, [Suspicious link removed] has worked perfect for me. Miner77 and GlobalPool have had some issues as of late.

Thanks! Everything is good. Voice is so involved in a process of filming. ^_^
Copied your link to Russian forum.
Trade_BTC

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 06:17:00 AM

I made a mining video for Nvidia GPUs for Iridium and for anyone having issues mining, [Suspicious link removed] has worked perfect for me. Miner77 and GlobalPool have had some issues as of late.

Thanks! Everything is good. Voice is so involved in a process of filming. ^_^
Copied your link to Russian forum.

Damn this video is good great job cryptkeeper you're a natural at the tube.
Trade_BTC

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 07:13:58 AM

irdpool .tk has dropped the fee to 0.4% (0.1% below the planned fee on mine77) in response to critically low hashrates. This isn't free unlike the other pools. Based on the last several pages I'd like to claim that irdpool .tk has had the greatest uptime record with the least issues of all pools.

The only reason I have to ask miners to mine on irdpool .tk despite the fee is that decentralization is important. The block stoppage we had a few days ago would have been less severe if my pool had enough hashrate to pick up the slack without waiting for a significant difficulty drop. I promoted others to start pools so the hashrate could decentralized, unfortunately this has caused re-centralization somewhere else. Currently more than 51% of the hashrate is on a pool that split onto it's own chain a few days ago.

Good idea sending some machines your way now.
Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 08:31:41 AM

I really like binary options,

Umm, what? Binary options? Do you think this is a gambling website or something?

it's amazing that you guys are the first BTC based, I'll be watching this project!

First BTC based what? This is a new cryptocurrency not based on BTC or anything else.

You will be watching the project? Not likely considering you don't know the first thing about it when posting such nonsense to begin with.

Can US residents participate in this project?

Why wouldn't they be able to participate? It's a mine-able cryptocurrency, anyone can download the wallet and start mining to accumulate some.

It's a boring but pertinent question, given the facts that have been happening.

What's a boring and pertinent question, the US residents part? Again you seem to not have any idea whatsoever of the thread you are posting in.

You are a text book example of why signature campaigns can bring out the worse type of people and I, and I hope others, report your post to not only your signature campaign manager but also to the moderators.
Windozxpert

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 10:24:52 AM

I really like binary options,

Umm, what? Binary options? Do you think this is a gambling website or something?

it's amazing that you guys are the first BTC based, I'll be watching this project!

First BTC based what? This is a new cryptocurrency not based on BTC or anything else.

You will be watching the project? Not likely considering you don't know the first thing about it when posting such nonsense to begin with.

Can US residents participate in this project?

Why wouldn't they be able to participate? It's a mine-able cryptocurrency, anyone can download the wallet and start mining to accumulate some.

It's a boring but pertinent question, given the facts that have been happening.

What's a boring and pertinent question, the US residents part? Again you seem to not have any idea whatsoever of the thread you are posting in.

You are a text book example of why signature campaigns can bring out the worse type of people and I, and I hope others, report your post to not only your signature campaign manager but also to the moderators.

Just to take up space. Arguing with a drunk idiot.

There's no I in team, but there is a "Me" if you jumble it up. ~ House, M.D.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 151 »
  Print  

Jump to: