Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 12:20:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 151 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Iridium (IRD) - People are Power - Community build crypto  (Read 149696 times)
MaskOliver

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 08:19:03 AM

How do I donate with Monero?
Alexey Sukharev

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 08:39:18 AM

Well, as some movements here I've returned my rig to IRD.
I think we need bounties, we need to spread the news about coin all over the world, on any social places, we need multilanguage translation.
Also I think that Dev has no IRD that's the problem. I told few weeks ago that we need fee for the Dev that he can attract new members of our community and pay them with IRD so they would be interest to recieve IRD so they'll spread about IRD alot.
If we have about 1-2 million mined coins and DEvs fee is about 0,5-1% he would have about 5000-10000 IRD that is really enough to pay community members for their work and time.
But if noone is spreading news we cant get much community members. I've made a tread on Russian forum and it have already 43 pages, people are mining, but not much from them spreading about IRD.
Anatoly made Telegram channel, we can add it to the main message of this post - https://web.telegram.org/#/im?p=s1141520471_284952810983143750
We can post more news on the website, but web is not working at the moment if its ird.cash
We need much more, 10 times more movements on IRD so community will groth high! Dev need to be motivated, as someone already wrote it (sorry to forget your name, buddy!).
Fee can be used to Devs salary (future, as much he works, the more he get) and for spreading the IRD around the world.
If IRD will cost much Dev can have his Lambo, as SIGT coin. ^_^
KiparisD

Activity: 323
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 08:41:32 AM

I think IRD take a "normal" coin evolution way and no need to push so hard to exchange for example or other things, this is quite good project last year. About promote - yes, we need more spread in social media  Smiley
Alexey Sukharev

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 08:43:23 AM

By the way. People asking about:

When we doing transactions from one wallet to another, how much IRD can we send? About 500 IRD is hanging a lot of time with no confirmation. 249 is ok to be send.
Are there any problems about it?
Alexey Sukharev

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 09:19:30 AM

And what about decentralisation of the net hashrate? 6KH on IRD.GLOBALPOOL, 26Kh on IRDPOOL, 360Kh on MINE77.
Is it really important to decentralise the net hashrate? I'm on IRDPOOL now. Need to find some soultions to it. Maybe we need masternodes for example?
redsun17

Activity: 266

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 09:21:24 AM

Well, as some movements here I've returned my rig to IRD.
I think we need bounties, we need to spread the news about coin all over the world, on any social places, we need multilanguage translation.
Also I think that Dev has no IRD that's the problem. I told few weeks ago that we need fee for the Dev that he can attract new members of our community and pay them with IRD so they would be interest to recieve IRD so they'll spread about IRD alot.
If we have about 1-2 million mined coins and DEvs fee is about 0,5-1% he would have about 5000-10000 IRD that is really enough to pay community members for their work and time.
But if noone is spreading news we cant get much community members. I've made a tread on Russian forum and it have already 43 pages, people are mining, but not much from them spreading about IRD.
Anatoly made Telegram channel, we can add it to the main message of this post - https://web.telegram.org/#/im?p=s1141520471_284952810983143750
We can post more news on the website, but web is not working at the moment if its ird.cash
We need much more, 10 times more movements on IRD so community will groth high! Dev need to be motivated, as someone already wrote it (sorry to forget your name, buddy!).
Fee can be used to Devs salary (future, as much he works, the more he get) and for spreading the IRD around the world.
If IRD will cost much Dev can have his Lambo, as SIGT coin. ^_^

And what about decentralisation of the net hashrate? 6KH on IRD.GLOBALPOOL, 26Kh on IRDPOOL, 360Kh on MINE77.
Is it really important to decentralise the net hashrate? I'm on IRDPOOL now. Need to find some soultions to it. Maybe we need masternodes for example?

I have fix to both problem.

Increase main pool fee to 1%, 0.5% pool fee and 0.5% dev fee.  Give that IRD to dev.  Dev can give to bounty manager.

Maybe some people will change pool, but that is also good - we need to spread hash.  Maybe even make 1% dev fee 0.5% pool fee (1.5% total).  Some hash will move, some hash will make fund for dev/bounty.

Fix two problems.

Can pool operator do this?  Set 0.5% fee for dev?  See example here: Forknote has Dev donation option (https://masari.superpools.net/).

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
Alexey Sukharev

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 09:28:39 AM

Yeah, I think pool operators can make it. Main pool fee is better, than people move to another pool. Buy every pool should have Dev fee. If community want to move the IRD high, they should accept it.
canonical

Activity: 136

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 09:37:16 AM

Yeah, I think pool operators can make it. Main pool fee is better, than people move to another pool. Buy every pool should have Dev fee. If community want to move the IRD high, they should accept it.

Agree to a dev fee on the pools. Hopefully it's possible.
hmfundInD

Activity: 40

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 09:45:18 AM

Am I wrong or global hash rate is decreased?

ird.globalpool.cc --> 222 KH
mine77              --> 222 KH
[Suspicious link removed]           --> 324 KH  (why is different?Huh)

Seems we are losing interest from miner...

Yeap, moved my rig to another coin. T_T Even that I donated few $$.
A lot of coins with more dynamic development.
Mined from 12 of September till ~28 of Sept, but lost the faith. T_T Maybe I'm wrong, but I cant see any dynamic here.
Just a theory, maybe people are losing interest because it seems like the priority is getting this coin on any exchange regardless of the reputation rather than developing the community that is supposed to "power the coin". Shouldnt our focus be on attracting new people to this coin, do we have any other developers working on this project, is there a way for another dev to be involved? Do we have a subreddit that can attract more people? IMO,we need to have some people dedicated to the project other than the og dev. Maybe instead of  only donating to get the coin on an exchange, we should raise money to compensate the participants for their work on the project. Otherwise, wheres the incentive for people to get involved, how will they be compensated for their work? And what happens when the OG dev decides to move on to another project, who takes over, who will be there if we need a fork or a wallet update? And the whitepaper, is two pages really all that we can say about this coin? if the goal is get this coin to "get on an exchange and the people and money will come" and we dont have any real support, who would want to dedicate their resources when there are many other coins that you can mine that have strong community support and a dev team behind it. NoT criticizing anyone in particular but we as a community should agree to what the priorities should be for this project that has real potential.
Tl_Dr:
Maybe people are losing interest because the priority on this thread is to get on an exchange rather than an active discussion of the long term vison for this coin or at the very least  working to finish the white paper, and the only place to hear of this coin is this thread, slack, and twiter page with little activity. IMO, we should raise money to compensate work and attract talent to this project.

Heya, yeah I do feel the same, but how would we get more people involved and expand our reach? Are there any other methods of publicity that we can use? And where can we find people who would like to help with the project?

Maybe it's soon, but we can speak on all the channels...like twitter , facebook, trying to get some small idea or maybe another dev to help you...

If you want I can try to shill something on twitter keepin the focus on the point of a community driven coin...

It would be great if you should advertise on twitter, I'll be sure to keep the twitter updated.

So, do we have 0.1btc to yobit?

Yes! Smiley
We are also currently in the process of being listed on SouthXChange, so it's full steam ahead!

Am I wrong or global hash rate is decreased?

ird.globalpool.cc --> 222 KH
mine77              --> 222 KH
[Suspicious link removed]           --> 324 KH  (why is different?Huh)

Seems we are losing interest from miner...

Yeap, moved my rig to another coin. T_T Even that I donated few $$.
A lot of coins with more dynamic development.
Mined from 12 of September till ~28 of Sept, but lost the faith. T_T Maybe I'm wrong, but I cant see any dynamic here.
Just a theory, maybe people are losing interest because it seems like the priority is getting this coin on any exchange regardless of the reputation rather than developing the community that is supposed to "power the coin". Shouldnt our focus be on attracting new people to this coin, do we have any other developers working on this project, is there a way for another dev to be involved? Do we have a subreddit that can attract more people? IMO,we need to have some people dedicated to the project other than the og dev. Maybe instead of  only donating to get the coin on an exchange, we should raise money to compensate the participants for their work on the project. Otherwise, wheres the incentive for people to get involved, how will they be compensated for their work? And what happens when the OG dev decides to move on to another project, who takes over, who will be there if we need a fork or a wallet update? And the whitepaper, is two pages really all that we can say about this coin? if the goal is get this coin to "get on an exchange and the people and money will come" and we dont have any real support, who would want to dedicate their resources when there are many other coins that you can mine that have strong community support and a dev team behind it. NoT criticizing anyone in particular but we as a community should agree to what the priorities should be for this project that has real potential.
Tl_Dr:
Maybe people are losing interest because the priority on this thread is to get on an exchange rather than an active discussion of the long term vison for this coin or at the very least  working to finish the white paper, and the only place to hear of this coin is this thread, slack, and twiter page with little activity. IMO, we should raise money to compensate work and attract talent to this project.

Heya, yeah I do feel the same, but how would we get more people involved and expand our reach? Are there any other methods of publicity that we can use? And where can we find people who would like to help with the project?

Maybe it's soon, but we can speak on all the channels...like twitter , facebook, trying to get some small idea or maybe another dev to help you...

If you want I can try to shill something on twitter keepin the focus on the point of a community driven coin...
Any and all social media platform worth being on should have an iridium page and a links to that page should be in the 1st post. At least we have avenues to attract people who may want to spend there time bc they believe in the project. But we should really think about either raising funds either btc, or other crypto in order to compensate work for example making the webpage or monitoring social media sites or devolping to project itself. Or maybe some members of the community who are holding lots of ird may want to consider using their ird to fund the help we will need to make this coin worth real $ instead of pennies/ couple hundread sats. According to the block explorer there are over a million coins out, i'm willing to contribute some crypto to get a working site and a decent looking white paper. But obviously i cant fund everything with the ird that i have. So what a good way to test how much the community really cares about this project, anyone else willing to give up their ird to hire some real help and get this project to the moon instead of the ocean floor? It obviously doesnt have to be ird, but it would be nice to see this coin in transactions other than pool payouts.

I'm completely open to having people set up social media pages for Iridium in my place, I will even give some of my own IRD or BTC to keep them updated. For instance, someone set up a discord server which is now the "official" server.
I have fix to both problem.

Increase main pool fee to 1%, 0.5% pool fee and 0.5% dev fee.  Give that IRD to dev.  Dev can give to bounty manager.

Maybe some people will change pool, but that is also good - we need to spread hash.  Maybe even make 1% dev fee 0.5% pool fee (1.5% total).  Some hash will move, some hash will make fund for dev/bounty.

Fix two problems.

Can pool operator do this?  Set 0.5% fee for dev?  See example here: Forknote has Dev donation option (https://masari.superpools.net/).

I agree with this suggestion , we have the pools increase the fees to give 50% to the dev to fund the project. And by using IRD instead of some other crypto, we get more people using and accepting IRD. If more people are holding IRD and using IRD in transactions even if its small amounts because of the low supply, that should generate more interest in making this project a success because more people have skin in the game. Only question is how can we make pool operators increase their fees such that half is going to the developer to fund the project, I mean we cant force them to do it? They have stake in the project's success as well.
Alexey Sukharev

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 10:00:39 AM

If every pool increase pool fee and will send 50% or any other % to the Dev, it's ok. I don't know why pool operators will be against it.
canonical

Activity: 136

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 10:03:00 AM

If every pool increase pool fee and will send 50% or any other % to the Dev, it's ok. I don't know why pool operators will be against it.

It ideally needs to be automated and enforceable which is difficult.
garytheasshole

Activity: 406
Merit: 105

Chosŏn Minjujuŭi Inmin Konghwaguk

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2017, 10:08:50 AM

It's already implemented in node-cryptonote-pool, the pool code IRD pools run. All they gotta do is set the dev address and the percentage. Monero devs get funded this way for years now.

Code:
"blockUnlocker": {
    "enabled": true,
    "interval": 30, //how often to check block statuses in seconds

/* Block depth required for a block to unlocked/mature. Found in daemon source as
       the variable CRYPTONOTE_MINED_MONEY_UNLOCK_WINDOW */
    "depth": 60,
    "poolFee": 1.8, //1.8% pool fee (2% total fee total including donations)
    "devDonation": 0.1, //0.1% donation to send to pool dev - only works with Monero
    "coreDevDonation": 0.1 //0.1% donation to send to core devs - only works with Monero
},

hmfundInD

Activity: 40

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 10:14:33 AM

Isnt there always an incentive for the pool operator to lower their fees in order to attract miners. We have three pools at the moment, even if we got all of them to agree to the increase in fees with half going to dev to fund the project, nothing is stopping some1 else from starting their own pool with a lower fee. Maybe thats not an issue right now, but it will be if we rely solely on increasing pool fees to support the project.
garytheasshole

Activity: 406
Merit: 105

Chosŏn Minjujuŭi Inmin Konghwaguk

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2017, 10:20:10 AM

Isnt there always an incentive for the pool operator to lower their fees in order to attract miners. We have three pools at the moment, even if we got all of them to agree to the increase in fees with half going to dev to fund the project, nothing is stopping some1 else from starting their own pool with a lower fee. Maybe thats not an issue right now, but it will be if we rely solely on increasing pool fees to support the project.

I can mine monero on a pool with lower fee that does not donate to core devs, but I choose not to, same with this project, more pools are more than welcomed even those that have no fee, means the network is more decentralized and less prone to attacks, people who believe in the project and understand that core devs need funding to make things happen will mine on such pools and gladly donate small part of their hash rate for the project.

Alexey Sukharev

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 10:24:29 AM

Dev fee also will allow to get a new Devs, designers etc. maybe for a salary...
mrWatson

Activity: 24

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 10:42:33 AM

Hashpower and workers amount are increasing after some bearish trend.

For russians we have t.me/vivo_ru  in telegram this chat devoted to IRD too.
ДЛя pyccкoгoвpящиx ecть нoвый чaтик пo aльтaм включaя IRD t.me/vivo_ru
redsun17

Activity: 266

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 10:43:47 AM

Just to echo what others have said: yes, the pool might lose some hash.  But the pool operator should understand its good for the coin long term, which is good for his fee.  Spreading the hash will make the coin network strong.  And having a dev-donation-fee will enable everything we are talking about (bounties and small dev incentive).

Remember, no one is talking about giving dev 0.5% of a pool's returns for free.  Dev will use some of it for bounty, and this dev has shown he works hard on the project.  If the dev stops working on it in future, then we find a new dev to send fee to.  And 0.5% is not enough to cause any dump.  

Those who want to support (like me, Alexey, others) will pay the higher fee.  Those who don't are more than welcome to go to lower-fee pools, it's okay, everyone has their own choice.

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
Windozxpert

Activity: 196

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 10:59:29 AM

Seems this happened at a lot of other pools, algo aside. Ahashpool and zpool both went down on the number of miners last night. Not sure what happened but, it's going back up.

As for IRD, people are pushing for an exchange because some probably have 1000s of them. Dump and run. Happens all the time. A coin will only be worth what others are willing to pay for it. Without having this coin stand out from the others, people won't pay any more for it than the rest. 

Development of IRD- I've been working on a Tor backed node, but had some complications with configuring the exit node. I'll get it completed soon, though. I'm also going to work on the whitepaper and if I have time, I'll create a twitter page.

The problem here is not lack of devotion or motivation, it's a lack of time and a lack of people willing to do anything to help this coin except mining it and dumping it.

There's no I in team, but there is a "Me" if you jumble it up. ~ House, M.D.
mrWatson

Activity: 24

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 11:09:22 AM

Seems this happened at a lot of other pools, algo aside. Ahashpool and zpool both went down on the number of miners last night. Not sure what happened but, it's going back up.

As for IRD, people are pushing for an exchange because some probably have 1000s of them. Dump and run. Happens all the time. A coin will only be worth what others are willing to pay for it. Without having this coin stand out from the others, people won't pay any more for it than the rest. 

Development of IRD- I've been working on a Tor backed node, but had some complications with configuring the exit node. I'll get it completed soon, though. I'm also going to work on the whitepaper and if I have time, I'll create a twitter page.

The problem here is not lack of devotion or motivation, it's a lack of time and a lack of people willing to do anything to help this coin except mining it and dumping it.

all greedy pump and runners had the bitcoin lesson in the past : only long runner get the prize
Alexey Sukharev

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 11:11:02 AM

To prevent dump the coin maybe it should be better to accept masternodes? People who have 1000s of IRD will cooperate to get masternodes and wont dump their coins.
Or are there any other options to prevent people from dump?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 151 »
  Print  

Jump to: