Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:55:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Maybe governments can stop bitcoin after all  (Read 11314 times)
notyours

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 03:49:36 AM

If I ask you seem to have a hard time getting the government to stop the bitcoins. Especially now it's a solid one. And many people remain faithful to it. And the only possible thing to do to get it totally illegal is if it's something wrong do. We can do the example is the Fall of the banks. And if this happens they'll probably stop. But it still can not be terminated.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
betlord90

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 05:34:07 AM

Actually the government can do it anytime, but of course they have special analysis and consideration so the government let bitcoin. if one day there is a special regulation about bitcoin, of course, aimed at protecting the regular currency.
I don't think governments can eradicate the usage of bitcoin, because in the past when certain countries banned bitcoin the users still had accessibility to the usage of bitcoin. I don't think that governments will focus much on banning rather than using it for effective functioning same as that used by Russia.
government can not do anything ,they have to take proper notes of different economy,first of all cryptocurrency is decentralised and government cant control over it.yup price dumps we have seen due to recent ban on ico but its only new holder who got impatient of selling it and nothing else,back in 20110-2011 ,bitcoin was consider as illegal still price soar to great height.

We can see the controlling of it in china and look what happen it contribute for the price get down and I think the supply of Crypto aswell with bitcoins on there became lessen since the  government push to unable the used of bitcoin aswell with the other alts in there country. And this one will imply to the other country to if government will see bitcoin as bad E-money.
Ulala-buba

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 06:15:48 AM

This is a serious discussion. I mean, after I've seen how bitcoin (and other cryptos as well) got dumped badly after an irrelevant law that makes ICOs illegal. I can only imagine now what would happen If more countries do the same thing and It could get worst by make itself bitcoin illegal. Whether we like to admit it or not, most of people would sell everything they have once its made illegal, some may continue to fight the central banking but the sad reality is that as soon as people start making profits, they will dump it and move on.
It is quite possible that, as you wrote, but I don't believe it. We can only guess. Let's wait and see.
carllpet

Activity: 83
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 06:21:05 AM

Governments can ban but will chinese people stop doing what they have been doing? Also if they sell their bitcoins then it will be beneficial for some people as they will drop prices.
mozillaspez

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 06:42:07 AM

Governments can't stop Bitcoin because it has no borders. Bitcoin is a decentralized network of computers with an insurmountable has power. Maybe before, but not anymore.
The main thing is that bitcoin is decentralized and people cannot stop bitcoin actually bitcoin is attracting everyone now a days and bitcoin is going viral day by day so it is hard to stop and let down because it is going viral on daily based.
carllpet

Activity: 83

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 07:01:41 AM

Governments can't stop Bitcoin because it has no borders. Bitcoin is a decentralized network of computers with an insurmountable has power. Maybe before, but not anymore.
The main thing is that bitcoin is decentralized and people cannot stop bitcoin actually bitcoin is attracting everyone now a days and bitcoin is going viral day by day so it is hard to stop and let down because it is going viral on daily based.

THat is also what I am saying. Governments can do whatever they like but they can not stop the progress of bitcoin.
Gliassa

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 07:48:30 AM

Government gains funds through taxes, I suggest to just earn taxes from bitcoin. how?, well our government in our country accept bitcoin and now they earning through foreign exchange. People can invest in this establishments where our government permits to operate. And also the unemployment and underemployment rate in our country become lessen as more people in our country uses bitcoin.
supandi wiharja

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

Earn crypto for being contacted

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 07:49:34 AM

I do not think it will happen, because to stop bitcoin, governments around the world will also automatically stop the internet network. Because of the overall dependence of everyone on the internet has become everyday life.
I can not imagine, if the world without internet network and bitcoin.
I am sure the government will consider before its decision to stop bitcoin altogether.

Frostyroar

Activity: 23

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 07:50:26 AM

OF course governments could stop Bitcoin, because they have the power to censor the internet.

Yes i agree governments can stop bitcoin if they work together and ban it at the same time. We saw after the ban of China that bitcoin fell very hard what if the world had banned instead ?

I think that bitcoin would have fallen and that now some other altcoin has taken his place.
yndye

Activity: 616
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2017, 07:55:52 AM

This is a serious discussion. I mean, after I've seen how bitcoin (and other cryptos as well) got dumped badly after an irrelevant law that makes ICOs illegal. I can only imagine now what would happen If more countries do the same thing and It could get worst by make itself bitcoin illegal. Whether we like to admit it or not, most of people would sell everything they have once its made illegal, some may continue to fight the central banking but the sad reality is that as soon as people start making profits, they will dump it and move on.

I agree with this one. Though it is hard to accept it that it may happen but there is a possibility. We know that bitcoin is decentralized and cannot be controlled by government but they will always find a way to get a hold of it or if they can't control it then eventually make a law to ban it. There is also the thing of regulating the exchanges but if it threatens their financial industry then eventually they would ban it. The good thing in where I am residing is that our country is open to using bitcoin and even have regulations and warnings about it. If it may happen that they will ban it then I would eventually sell my coins because I don't want to risk being fined or in jail because of bitcoin. Might as well find another way to earn than being in prison.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄███████████▀▀███████████████▄
██████████▀▀ ▄▄█▀  █████████████
███████████▄▄█▀  ▄███▀   █████████
█████████████  ▄███▀      ██████████
▄████████████████▀        ███████████▄
██████████████▀          ▄████████████
███████████▀             █████████████
████████▀               ██████████████
████████▄              ███  ██████████
▀██████████████        ██  █▀ ███████▀
███████████████      ██▀ ▄█ ▄███████
██████████████     ███  █  ███████
██████████████   ▄██  █▀ ███████
▀████████████▄ ▄█████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

▄████████████████████▄
████████      ████████
██████████████████████
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██████████▀▀██████████
████████▀    ▀████████
████████▄    ▄████████
▀█████████▄▄█████████▀
  Download on the
App Store

GET IT ON
Google Play
  ●  FACEBOOK
●  TWITTER
●  TELEGRAM
amaral1977

Activity: 686

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 08:12:12 AM

The regulatory pressure will be huge, and to a certain point necessary. For our structure of society taxes are still needed, and i don´t see people willingly paying them i there is no obligation.  What i think is huge in crypto is not the fact that states can or can´t stop it is the fact that some states/governments are waiking up to the fact that some form of parallel economy is developing outside their regulations. The fact that an increasing number of people is believing is some form of currency that isn´t issued and back by state/government trust.

Where it will lead us? it is still to be seen...

██████████ 
        ██████████████████ 
      ██████████▌▐██████████ 
    ██████ ████▌  ▐████ ██████ 
   ██████  ▐██▀    ▀██▌  ██████ 
  ██████  ▌ █▄▄█  █▄▄█ ▐  ██████ 
 ██████▌ ▐██████  ██████▌ ▐██████ 
 ██████  ███████  ███████  ██████ 
 █████▌  ██▀▀▀██  ██▀▀▀██  ▐█████ 
 █████                      █████ 
  █████▄▄▄▄▄████  ████▄▄▄▄▄█████ 
   ████████████▌  ▐████████████ 
    ████████████▌▐████████████ 
      ██████████████████████ 
        ██████████████████ 
            ██████████ 

█████████
█████████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
█████████
█████████

EXCHANGES 

CREX24GRAVIEXBITEBTC

█████████
█████████
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
█████████
█████████
jvdp

Activity: 1148
Merit: 523

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 08:33:46 AM

The regulatory pressure will be huge, and to a certain point necessary. For our structure of society taxes are still needed, and i don´t see people willingly paying them i there is no obligation.  What i think is huge in crypto is not the fact that states can or can´t stop it is the fact that some states/governments are waiking up to the fact that some form of parallel economy is developing outside their regulations. The fact that an increasing number of people is believing is some form of currency that isn´t issued and back by state/government trust.

Where it will lead us? it is still to be seen...
But my opinion is the government will not stop the bitcoin in this society.Now bitcoin is slowly get into society. Now Many people in my country also start to  use bitcoin. So Upto now it's not all possible for bitcoin is removed from the society by the government. Soon bitcoin replace the currency.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
kevpantof

Activity: 491

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 08:43:54 AM

They can't stop bitcoin only can stop companys for using them. Thats all don't panic.
I do agree with you that the bitcoin currency is growing very fast and it is being so famous in a lot of areas the process of the bitcoin is making the the people aware of the real profit so people are believing in bitcoin more than before.  Currency of the bitcoin is gaining fame in some backward areas as well people are trying to connect with internet for the sake of the bitcoin so it is impossible to stop the bitcoin now.
A lot of countries are trying to ban bitcoin but they cannot stop the growth of the bitcoin permanently. At the start they will ban bitcoin or may be try to do this but later on they will see that banning bitcoin has no affect on the strength of the bitcoin and they are not capable to stop the Bitcoin River to grow more so government cannot stop bitcoin and the bitcoin will keep on growing more and more.
Very well said! I think Governments may not succeed in stopping the trading of Bitcoin, but they may be successful in supporting and taking positive steps for the promotion of Bitcoin. There is hardly anything about Bitcoin for which the Governments needs to be worried about. I think Governments will never stop it.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 12:17:56 PM

They can't stop bitcoin only can stop companys for using them. Thats all don't panic.
I do agree with you that the bitcoin currency is growing very fast and it is being so famous in a lot of areas the process of the bitcoin is making the the people aware of the real profit so people are believing in bitcoin more than before.  Currency of the bitcoin is gaining fame in some backward areas as well people are trying to connect with internet for the sake of the bitcoin so it is impossible to stop the bitcoin now.
A lot of countries are trying to ban bitcoin but they cannot stop the growth of the bitcoin permanently. At the start they will ban bitcoin or may be try to do this but later on they will see that banning bitcoin has no affect on the strength of the bitcoin and they are not capable to stop the Bitcoin River to grow more so government cannot stop bitcoin and the bitcoin will keep on growing more and more.
Very well said! I think Governments may not succeed in stopping the trading of Bitcoin, but they may be successful in supporting and taking positive steps for the promotion of Bitcoin. There is hardly anything about Bitcoin for which the Governments needs to be worried about. I think Governments will never stop it.
Not all the governments are against bitcoin because if you think that is the mindset of the government then just look at the government of the country of Japan they made bitcoin legalize and they are the proof that bitcoin will never become a threat for a country and bitcoin will become a huge help for them and that is why not all the government will ban bitcoin and some of the government that decided to do that then they will not succeed.
0Pirats0

Activity: 106
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 12:24:22 PM

Bitcoin can not be destroyed by the government as many countries are interested in developing the economy with the help of crypto currency. Those who want to ban it simply do not yet understand all the advantages.
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1208

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 01:55:46 PM

government can not do anything ,they have to take proper notes of different economy,first of all cryptocurrency is decentralised and government cant control over it.yup price dumps we have seen due to recent ban on ico but its only new holder who got impatient of selling it and nothing else,back in 20110-2011 ,bitcoin was consider as illegal still price soar to great height.

Let us just hope that the governments of the rest countries of the world do not tow the line that China has taken against Bitcoin. If they do, Bitcoin and the other cryptos will all be gone no matter what we rationalise. Yes, we believe Bitcoin is decentralized but that has not prevented China outlawing it and succeeding. I really don't want to see Bitcoin made illegal. If that happens, this forum will cease to function too.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Sir Legend

Activity: 1792
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 03:09:40 PM

Sometimes I feel strange with the state that bitcoin banned when bitcoin proven to reduce unemployment. I think we should be realistic that bitcoin banned is not the best solution.
micher143

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 03:16:09 PM

They dont have to completely stop bitcoin to kill it.

Introduce a new law where anyone caught using bitcoin gets 20 years in jail and watch the userbase shrink overnight and the price plumet as the majority dump.

You would always get the few that continue to use but but not enough people to maintain current price point.

Government could easily give and implement a law in regards to bitcoin system regulation or other things , yet for me government can used Bitcoin in a more great thing in regards to its system on transaction or even a time of investments that they could used for them to earn to have sustain the economical state. Hence, if we will continue our support to Bitcoin we can help it to experience development and growth in terms on its price and value on the market.
joromz1226

Activity: 798
Merit: 258

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 03:16:20 PM

Actually government can do that, as we observed now more countries are making this legal and the time will come that government will take controlled with bitcoin. Once it is abuse by the authorities, a big possibilities that it could affect bitcoin investors and crypto changers relationships with the government and war begin, possibilities that will it make crypto world down.
It is sounds good to hear only that bitcoin was being legalized in some other country. But for me it is not good due to once bitcoin become legal in the country from Decentralization of bitcoin it can possibly change into centralization and if that happened it will be a bad news for us to hear that.
Daimon88

Activity: 397
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 01:20:46 PM

The government wants to control bitcoin and soon if several more countries ban it, the price may drop significantly. Bitcoin has grown very well and is a huge competition for the banking system.
I agree , the government  more likely  wants to control bitcoin rather than to kill it or to let it gone in the future. Be asue they also know that bitcoin has a good future ahead. It just depends on how people would support bitcoin in the future for it to attain once again the development  and the innovation it could achieve.
Government can’t just stop a thing just because of its own will. If this will happen investor of every region will be on road and will create a miserable situation. So thinking like that doesn’t work invest and enjoy the blessing of bitcoin so that believe in bitcoin will come into you.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: