Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 01:51:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What If Bitcoin is banned?  (Read 11373 times)
clickerz

Activity: 1414
Merit: 505

Backed.Finance

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 05:19:50 AM

What If Bitcoin is banned in your country will you still use it?

If you use it how will you? How will you exchange it and how will you completely use it as you do before.

If your country banned using bitcoin that is within your jurisdictions.
You can still buy and sell things online using bitcoin, what difference does that make?
Don't let your country or anyone else stop you from following your dream. You should defy your boundaries.

Exactly, thats why in countries that bitcoin is banned, they still find the means to buy and sell bitcoin and it created the underground movement for cryptocurrency. I think its hard to  banned this new blockchain technology,the demand is growing.

Open for Campaigns

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kelstasy

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

Blocklancer - Freelance on the Blockchain Close

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 05:23:43 AM

Yes of course! I would still bitcoin besides it would be hard for them to detect or know if who's still uses bitcoin and there are other ways on how to use your bitcoin/s just like paypal, shop on foreign websites, buy some in game items & etc. IMHO, it's better for the government to impose tax on bitcoin so all of us can benefit but the leaders that are corrupt would be more happier Grin

★★★★★★★ BLOCKLANCER ★★★★★★★
★ Freelance on the BlockchainVISIT US! JOIN BOUNTY
The first Decentralized Autonomous Job market (DAJ)
skyline247

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 06:10:12 AM

If it's banned, it stays banned. Look at what happened in China two days ago with the government hitting hard on the ICOs and that caused a sudden panic in the crypto world with already existing coins plunging. That wasn't a ban but it sure did send a strong message to us.

However, I don't think any country will place an outright ban on bitcoin. Countries can only regulate its use by way of leveraging on it for its tax. They will find a way to TAX users if it ever becomes expedient. But if by fatal stroke of luck bitcoin is banned in my country, I will relocate to a country where it's allowed.

This isn't true. Just because something gets banned doesn't mean it will stay banned forever. That doesn't even make sense. If Bitcoin got banned there would be huge protests and lots of chaos. People got rich from Bitcoin and are not just going to let the government take their money away!
kelseydustin

Activity: 448
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 06:12:43 AM

We can not do anything about that issue. And it is hard to predict whether the price will be higher or lower. As you can see, drug and cannabis are very to created and growth. But because it is mostly banned over the world, the prices are much more expensive that we expect. I think that maybe the price of bitcoin would become higher if it was banned.
Ewox

Activity: 812
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 06:13:45 AM

If bitcoin will be banned in my country then I don't think it is useful if I'm going to use it here. However if there is a will there is always a way. I can try to convert it to another country's fiat money and withdraw from there. For sure someone will find a way to make it useful and I don't think it is likely to happen too.
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 06:26:30 AM

I think if bitcoin banned it will make the price go down.
But i think it will not happen. I think many country will accept bitcoin because there is good future to bitcoin. I believe it!
it wouldn't just dip; depending on the geopolitical influence(s) of the country (or countries) that ban(s) bitcoin have, the price of bitcoin could very well dip to 10% or less of what it is worth now. the stronger bitcoin as an idea becomes, the stronger the push for regulation and limited forms of control will become for the nations and states that govern the people. some countries could very well choose to openly accept bitcoin into their future, such as what Japan has done, but it only takes one superpower to destroy all that progress. we see that just this week, china, a global superpower, has decided to ban ICO's, which have had a major part in the growth of bitcoin in the past months. however, imagine if they were to ban the use of bitcoin outright. we've just eliminated a good percentage of the world's population that could legally use bitcoin, and at the same time diminished that much progress that bitcoin has made as an idea.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
dificanovi

Activity: 812
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 06:51:07 AM

If you use it how will you? How will you exchange it and how will you completely use it as you do before.

if there is a ban of bitcoin in my country then there will be many people who are losers. Some people lose their money invested in bitcoin.
people will rebel against the government for shutting down their work.
I myself will also stop doing bitcoin because it does not make money for me

romecheo

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 08:15:11 AM

Whenever the government banned Bitcoin for and from any uses, i do believe the government are not capable to monitor each users/people who doing transaction with bitcoin, unless, they place logger/monitoring tools/apps for every ISP, monitor and track every ID's. traces every traffics and inspects every packet.

Bumping head to the wall is much easier than doing that!

▀▀████████████████▄▄         H A V E N      /      HOLD HAVEN. EARN BNB!         ▄▄████████████████▀▀
Community Driven DeFi Project Built on BSC
|    Whitepaper    |      Telegram      |       Twitter       |      [ SafeHaven.Finance ]      |     Instagram     |        Reddit        |      YouTube      |
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 08:20:28 AM

If bitcoin was banned then it will be a huge issue because a lot of people are doing their best in bitcoin and they are all collecting bitcoin and keeping it on a safe place for an expected return which can make them a rich person in the future. Bitcoin is a really great currency but even a simple banning decision from a country for example in China, then it will affect the whole market again just what happened in ICO banning.
RonnyD17

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 08:27:00 AM

Whenever the government banned Bitcoin for and from any uses, i do believe the government are not capable to monitor each users/people who doing transaction with bitcoin, unless, they place logger/monitoring tools/apps for every ISP, monitor and track every ID's. traces every traffics and inspects every packet.

Bumping head to the wall is much easier than doing that!

Yep I agree, it's just too much work for them, they don't have the manpower or the time.
Carlsen

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 08:27:58 AM

Just because there is a ban that does not mean there can not be money made with bitcoin anymore.
So I think that many people still would use bitcoin, even if it got banned.
Of course a few things had to change, and the price would go down as well.
But I am sure a kind of underground market would rise.
Much bigger than the darknet we have at the moment, and completely uncontrollable.
I don't think that is something any government would want.

It's me!!!
ifeoluwa

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 08:28:50 AM

Well with the ban in China, one cant be too sure these days. The question still remains, is bitcoin really fraudulent??
dongosquad

Activity: 588
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 08:34:04 AM

of course I will keep using bitcoin, as long as the government does not restrict internet access to it.

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
Remainder

Activity: 950
Merit: 517

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 03:27:12 PM

Me too! I will still hold and earn bitcoin even if its ban in my place because i can still used it in other place or country and when the time if it is not ban so I have much more bitcoin savings than the other who have affected of the bitcoin ban.
agentx44

Activity: 756
Merit: 268

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 03:46:13 PM

In my own opinion if bitcoin was banned in my country i will cash out all of my bitcoins into cash because it will be pointless if i would still use bitcoin to earn money. But my other opinion is i could hold my bitcoin for a long time in my wallet and wait for the government of my country to unbanned bitcoin.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 03:55:29 PM

If bitcoin was banned here in my country for sure I won't be able to use it of course and there is no way that I can be able to exchange it whether into cash or into another coin as the government will surely monitor the activties of each internet users . But even though it is banned I will secure all that I had until the time has come that I can already be able to access it through a paper wallet or a hardware wallet .
MetalGear

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 04:17:23 PM

Well, if bitcoin was banned in my country I will still use it because it gives me more money and income. In addition to that, if bitcoin qas banned in my country I can still use it in other place where bitcoin was legal. Lastly, I hope it would not happen because bitcoin helps me to sustain all my need.
Aztek

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 04:24:15 PM

Don't really think this is possible since there is just no point in banning Bitcoin. The countries that ban bitcoin would just be crippling themselves and their economy. Most countries would just tax Bitcoin instead of taxing it.

Actually, When government sees that people are earning and using bitcoins without paying tax some people in from the government will think that no money is coming to us, then they will try to ban bitcoin and may put tax on it.
The government would see the opportunity of Bitcoin to develop on the future. So I also believe that instead of banning bitcoin on transaction they may do the reverse of it. And yes the could consider on the legalization of Bitcoin for them to implement fees or higher tax to bitcoin in every transaction. It just a form of corruption that could take place on Bitcoin system if it will happen.
skorupi17

Activity: 490
Merit: 256

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 04:26:01 PM

Local government cannot fully impose the banning of the usage of Bitcoin in their country. I cannot think of a way that they can do to monitor each and every individual that may be have been using Bitcoin. So if it happens here, I will continue earning some Bitcoins. I'll just find a way in order to hide my work from our local ISP. I believe that this ban will eventually be lifted and if the time comes, I'll be rich! ( I do hope so  Roll Eyes)
Maarten91

Activity: 72
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 04:39:01 PM

Local government cannot fully impose the banning of the usage of Bitcoin in their country. I cannot think of a way that they can do to monitor each and every individual that may be have been using Bitcoin. So if it happens here, I will continue earning some Bitcoins. I'll just find a way in order to hide my work from our local ISP. I believe that this ban will eventually be lifted and if the time comes, I'll be rich! ( I do hope so  Roll Eyes)

Well, local governments can impose a restriction for stores/companies to use Bitcoin (which can actually be verified using random sampling). And that is effectively a full restriction: after all, if there is no practical use for it, who would use it?

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: