Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:32:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What If Bitcoin is banned?  (Read 11373 times)
dasana212

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 04:57:21 PM

If in my country bannedexistence of bitcoin, then i will not use it again, because i can not exchange to fiat as before. Meanwhile, bitcoin is the main source of income for me and my family. Maybe i will turn become forex trader.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
wallstone

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 05:22:03 PM

I would still use it. Not sure how the government can really find out you are using bitcoin unless you walk around screaming about it. They could block the exchanges, but you can use proxy or VPN to go around it.
Actually, I will still use it because I believe to the great lf bitcoin. If bitcoin was banned in my I will probably tranfers to the country where was not banned because I know that it will help to achieve my goals like having a good future and many more. However, I'm sure that it would not banned.
Cindy1983

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 05:28:28 PM

It's normal cause there are some countries that is not allowed to use Bitcoin or have any actions related to bitcoin cause they think Bitcoin can harm to their financial and in these countries, people still live a normal life without bitcoin Smiley) But if it happen to me, it'll be terrible cause all of my bitcoin will become useless Cry
haroldtee

Activity: 644
Merit: 299

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 05:32:33 PM

What If Bitcoin is banned in your country will you still use it?

If you use it how will you? How will you exchange it and how will you completely use it as you do before.
Banning of bitcoin cannot stop me from using it. Worst that could happen is there won't be any exchange operating in my country to enable me convert my bitcoin to fiat which I don't really see as a major issue. I can still keep storing in my wallet for value while I use vpn to do any transaction I want to do. Also,  if I have enough to set me up, I can just decide to leave my country to at least a neighbouring country or any other country that accepts the usage of bitcoin.
pitiflin

Activity: 980
Merit: 507

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 05:41:17 PM

If you use it how will you? How will you exchange it and how will you completely use it as you do before.
First of all bitcoin wont be banned by countries because they will have an indirect loss which they know very well. Even if it does then it depends on which country its banned and accordingly you will have to work it out.And then we will have to wait and watch and just hope that bitcoin doesnt get banned.

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
  B

▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄▄████████████▄▄
   ▄█████▀▀    ▀▀█████▄
  ████▀            ▀████
 ████                ████
▐███                  ███▌
███▌                  ▐███
▐███           ▄▄     ███▌
 ████         ▀███▄  ▐███
  ████▄         ▀███▄███
   ▀█████▄▄     ▄█████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀
T 
.Better. Quick..

.Transparent....

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
███████████████▀       ████
██████████████      ▄▄▄████
██████████████    ▐████████
██████████            ▐████
██████████            █████
▀█████████████    ▐███████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
Harrisonimo

Activity: 490
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 05:42:12 PM

That will be wow! A global loss! Well, I have seen that the currency itself has gained so much strength. Within a short time like a wild fire. The spread is viral too. If banned in my country, it isn't really limited as I will be earning in dollars or other country's currency! Well, if govt is being incorporated in area of taxation it can help curb the fear or its banning.
digitalgame4life

Activity: 378
Merit: 105

Active forum member, A+ poster, PM good sign camp.

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 05:43:49 PM

That is also where I thought of, many people say we will still use bitcoin after its banned and we will not stop using bitcoin, imagine using bitcoin is a big crime and the government is gonna punish you for it, who would still use it ? nobody wants to have problems, think about family, kids, children, its a shame governments and law can control everyone and saying everyone what to do, this is totally not a free world where everyone has the same rights and everyone is free of doing whatever he likes, if its about money and power nobody gives a damn about people, so sad.

ropyu1978

Activity: 1904
Merit: 510

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 05:48:35 PM

bitcoin has been banned in some countries, this has not stopped the pace of those who have embraced the crypto world.
the government can only prohibit, but not process the user.
so, do not be afraid
Oaak

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 05:52:36 PM

It won't get completely banned, only more regulated
Lalafell

Activity: 812

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 05:53:18 PM

I'm not thinking this would happen in the future as bitcoin is very useful for many. And other countries legalized bitcoin and this one of the source of income for many users. But let's say suddenly banned I think we cannot use it and we're having a difficulty to use or to convert btc into cash.
Well, if bitcoin was banned I think the price will go down so that many people will tend to sell their bitcoin than to hold it. If bitcoin was banned in other country I think it has negative effect in bitcoin community and if bitcoin will be banned I think you should convert it into fiat. However, I hope it would not happen.
Cranidos

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 06:00:32 PM

Banning will not stop a person in earning Bitcoin and using it. A person can always find a way to use it even though it is banned or not. Though I cannot use Bitcoin in my country if it gets banned here nor I cannot convert it to fiat since the government will not allow it, I will just store and hold unto my BTC. And I will constantly earn them wishing that in the future the ban will be lifted. Who knows what will the price be after then  Roll Eyes

Btcvilla

Activity: 1078
Merit: 270

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 06:17:52 PM

I am not surprised by the incident in the country of China.

and if in my country follow in china footsteps, i will not worry.
I do not think the government will only prohibit and block access about bitcoin, and even then if it happens.
many ways access openers have been blocked. so i relax and still enjoy bitcoin.
JL421

Activity: 812
Merit: 510

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 09:16:20 PM

It is a really bad thing to happen probably the worst one ever if that happens i will immediately sell my coins and I'm sure many will do that if bitcoin get's banned then holding any would be termed as illegal and i don't want to go to jail just for holding bitcoin it has given me enough profits i wouldn't mind selling it in a situation like this
kleineaap

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 09:17:52 PM

There can't be bans on decentralized systems.

| Minexcoin A new era of payments

LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
4hajs

Activity: 546
Merit: 105

Translation Service: English -> Polish

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2017, 09:24:38 PM

Bitcoin cannot be banned because it is decentralized. China tried to ban bitcoin and see what happened? They have regretted it after, people will always find a way to buy or sell bitcoin. Bitcoin cannot be stopped it has to be accepted

H O L D V E S T     ◥  Your universal gateway to the crypto markets
       Whitepaper     Facebook     Twitter       JOIN ICO > MAY 8th       Slack     Telegram     ANN Thread     
────────────────────────    T R Y   O U R   P L A T F O R M    ────────────────────────
_Dawid_

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 09:27:32 PM

Truly, I have never heared that ultimate solution.

BTC is decentralized system, on whom nobody has an impact. And here we should end our conversation.
But if it happen, i would sell all of my coins. And then I would wait for changes in law when BTC will be again legal and but immediatly Cheesy
That is kinda nice prospect, but feasilbe.
MisterKT

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 09:34:11 PM

The bitcoin is based on a decentralised network, and self regulated.
Even though the bitcoin is banned you just have to avoid to withdraw your existing coin(s) and let it(them) on your digital or physical wallet: in that way you still can use it(them) without being bothered.
soy
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 09:42:55 PM

Yes the bitcoin will never be banned. I think that no state, no bank has the power to regulate anything and therefore to prohibit its use. The blockchain is public, it belongs to nobody and everyone at once ... The only "disappearance" of the bitcoin possible, would be that the 21 million pieces are lost forever on wallets whose passwords have been forgotten. Other than that, I think that nothing will ever stop the bitcoin, as it could be the case with the regulation of ICO in China ...
pinoyden

Activity: 756
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 10:05:40 PM

i think bitcoin will not be banned in our country , in fact many banks now here in our country are approving bitcoins to be soon used as a legal payment methods on some resaturant , stores, establishments. but if bitcoin will be banned i guess ill have to use another  crypto currenciy like etherium, doge, litecoin its also good to use other coins because they tends to be low in transaction fees unlike the bitcoins which costl a lot more fees.
TTMNewsK

Activity: 350

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 10:20:05 PM

If they'll be banned bitcoin then many people still keep using it.
No one can stop them from using it.
All of us, we really value bitcoin so I think we wouldn't let it happen.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: