Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 10:55:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What If Bitcoin is banned?  (Read 11373 times)
Krispin47

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 09:43:52 PM

What If Bitcoin is banned in your country will you still use it?

If you use it how will you? How will you exchange it and how will you completely use it as you do before.

Don't really think this is possible since there is just no point in banning Bitcoin. The countries that ban bitcoin would just be crippling themselves and their economy. Most countries would just tax Bitcoin instead of taxing it.
Yes i agree. What is the reason for banning bitcoin. Its money so why theyre banning it. And theres no proof that bitcoin is not good and illegal. And many investors are investing here.
youdacapt

Activity: 1820
Merit: 295

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2017, 10:32:30 PM

If you use it how will you? How will you exchange it and how will you completely use it as you do before.

Don't really think this is possible since there is just no point in banning Bitcoin. The countries that ban bitcoin would just be crippling themselves and their economy. Most countries would just tax Bitcoin instead of taxing it.
Yes i agree. What is the reason for banning bitcoin. Its money so why theyre banning it. And theres no proof that bitcoin is not good and illegal. And many investors are investing here.

Usually a bitcoin ban is very strong in countries with high crime rates and high levels of drug transactions outside Europe, and they have not been able to enforce strict regulations so most of their societies allocate bitcoin to illegal businesses.

If bitcoin is prohibited by all countries in the world, then it is certain that all our activities are currently illegal and can be criminalized by criminal law, our assets will be frozen and very difficult to recover, no matter who the investors and officials are involved.

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
knightmairesaint

Activity: 490
Merit: 262

privacy preserving smart contracts and beyond

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 10:51:20 PM

Usually a bitcoin ban is very strong in countries with high crime rates and high levels of drug transactions outside Europe, and they have not been able to enforce strict regulations so most of their societies allocate bitcoin to illegal businesses.

If bitcoin is prohibited by all countries in the world, then it is certain that all our activities are currently illegal and can be criminalized by criminal law, our assets will be frozen and very difficult to recover, no matter who the investors and officials are involved.

I agree with you. Bitcoin banning may seems impossible but it is true and it can be done. And if banning happened, many people will be strongly affected. Not just the country who banned but others as well and we don't like that to happen. It is sad because it is true that some people used bitcoin for illegal transactions. Many people are earning money through it by not doing illegal things but still they will be affected as well if those who uses bitcoins for bad things are busted.

d█████                      d███████  ,o██████
                   d█████[                    ,█████████ d████████
                   d█████[                   ,██████P'' d█████
                   d█████[                   ██████'   d█████
                   d█████[                  ,██████    d█████
  _▄▄▄████████████bd█████Y██████L     ,█████████████████████[,d▄██▄
 ▄████████████████bd█████ Y██████b   d██████████████████████fY██████
██████P"P██████"""'d█████  ` ██████.d█████ PY█████PPPPP█████[ `▀██▀
█████    `█████[   d█████   ` ███████████ ' ]█████    d█████
█████    ,█████[   d█████     Y█████████P   ]█████    d█████
██████ooo█████P    d█████      Y███████P    ]█████    d█████
 Y███████████P     d█████       d█████P     ]█████    d█████
  `"P█████P'       d█████       d█████P     ]█████    d█████
  _oo█████oo_      d█████       d█████P     ]█████    d█████
 d███████████
██████P"Y█████
█████     █████
''''     ,█████
ooooooooo█████
█████████████
█████████▀▀

▬▬▬   is a decentralized internet
   platform delivering anonymous
   asset
transfers and data 
   privacy for smart contracts.

in
OUR SOLUTION : : :

This enables developers to include sensitive data in their
smart-contracts, directly on-chain.

██████████ █▄ 
██████████ ███▄
██████████▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████

█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN GLYFF

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
[
Aveatrex

Activity: 840
Merit: 375

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 11:07:16 PM

Even if my country  'ban' bitcoin (It's shocking to say but bitcoin is still not very known in my country) I don't think it will be hard to bypass that.
I mean technically I don't think it's possible to ban such currency at 100% percent.There will always be ways to go through the system using proxies/VPNs or even going far by asking a friend or a family member who lives in another country which bitcoin is not banned to make a proxy out of his residential IP and be connected through his IP.Simple isn't it?

Anyway I hope we don't have to face that situation someday. Smiley

░░░▄▀█░░░▄░▄▄░▄░░░█▀▄
▄▄▄▀▀██▀░█▐▌█ ▀██▀▀▄▄▄
▐▌░░░▐▀░▄▀░▐▌░▀▄░▀▌░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▄▀▄▐▌▄▀▄░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▀▄░▀▀░▄▀░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░▄░█▄░▀▄▐▌▄▀░▄█░▄░░▐▌
▐▌░█▄█░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░█▄█░▐▌
▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
▐█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░░░░░▄█▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░
░░░░▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░█▀▄▄▀▄▄▀█░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
█▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█░░░░▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄██▀█▌▀▄
░░░██▄██▄▄█▀█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄█░░░░░█▄▄█▄█▄█▄█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀░░░▀▀▄█▄█▄▀▀

░░░██▄▄░░██░██
▄▄░░░░░▀█░█▄▐▌░░░░░▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▐▌▄█▐▌░░░░█░▀▀
░░░░░░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░░░░░█░▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄
░░▀▀░░█▄▀▀▀▀▀█▄▀
░░░░░░░█▐▌▀█░█
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▐▌░█░░▀▀▀▀▀▀█
░░░░░░░░██░░▀▀▀▀▀██░██
FrozenByte

Activity: 48
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 11:12:49 PM

I will continue to use it, it's not a physical object so my country can't completely shut it down.

▄ █ █ HOQU █ █ ▄   MARKETING OF THE FUTURE! (http://www.hoqu.io)
Decentralized affiliate platform (http://www.hoqu.io)  ▌▌▌ICO : 27 NOV ▌▌▌  (http://www.hoqu.io)
◆ Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/HOQUio)   ◆ Twitter (https://twitter.com/HOQU_IO)   ◆ ANN Thread (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2254411)   ◆ White Paper (https://goo.gl/fPFBKT)   ◆ Telegram (https://t.me/hoquio)   ◆ Medium (https://blog.hoqu.io/)
TonixGaming_14

Activity: 329

AGATE

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 11:22:03 PM

Bitcoin will never band because bitcoin is decentralized and it never crack by someone bitcoin will banned by used. No one can banned bitcoin forever but you will use it and cashout it and never loss forever.

AGATE  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ Facebook Telegram Twitter Medium   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   AGATE
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █    PayPal of Cryptocurrencies     █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █
████  Blockchain Protocol + 12 Working Modules - Use Crypto as Cash  ████
udonmez

Activity: 686
Merit: 359

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 11:24:53 PM

Even if my country  'ban' bitcoin (It's shocking to say but bitcoin is still not very known in my country) I don't think it will be hard to bypass that.
I mean technically I don't think it's possible to ban such currency at 100% percent.There will always be ways to go through the system using proxies/VPNs or even going far by asking a friend or a family member who lives in another country which bitcoin is not banned to make a proxy out of his residential IP and be connected through his IP.Simple isn't it?

Anyway I hope we don't have to face that situation someday. Smiley

what is your county? How did your government ban bitcoin?
boyptc

Activity: 3010
Merit: 680

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 12:00:55 AM

It would be really terrible news. Some people have a lot of money invested in bitcoins. It's scary, to lose everything in a second

Very terrible and many will be disappointed with this type of news. But we will not be heading on that scenario, we are on the opposite side and bitcoin will not be banned instead it will be lightly accepted and will be adopted by with different countries so there's no way I can see that bitcoin will banned. It may be banned in some other countries but the whole bitcoin itself won't be.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
btcdevil
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1027

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 12:06:53 AM

It would be really terrible news. Some people have a lot of money invested in bitcoins. It's scary, to lose everything in a second

Very terrible and many will be disappointed with this type of news. But we will not be heading on that scenario, we are on the opposite side and bitcoin will not be banned instead it will be lightly accepted and will be adopted by with different countries so there's no way I can see that bitcoin will banned. It may be banned in some other countries but the whole bitcoin itself won't be.

Any thing can happen latest china started to ban ICO offerings and now they are in the process of shutting down the local exchanges. what if other country also start to follow this and make illegal use of bitcon. So that is why it is not recommended to keep full investment in bitcoin or other cryptocurrency. I keep only 30% of my bitcoin earning in bitcoins and balance i just convert them to fiat currency for safety side.
nicster551

Activity: 896
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 12:08:21 AM

Yes it can cause disappoinment for everyone if the bitcoin become banned in different countries because there are many supporters of bitcoin now that working in bitcoin to spread it's uses to other people and also Bitcoin become helpful for the people who are unemployed in their country.
Anfisman

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 01:26:58 AM

Yes, I will. I will keep looking for bitcoin even though it has been banned in my country. Because I'm sure bitcoin will still exist anytime. If we go back to the beginning of bitcoin, it has gone through many challenged that have gone through even the price has dropped dramatically. But bitcoin persists and keeps floating up to now, so I think even if bitcoin is banned, there is always a solution because bitcoin can not be stopped by the government.
EddieNigma

Activity: 93

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 01:54:00 AM

It would be bad of course but ultimately it cannot stop Bitcoin. And when governments change eventually we would get someone more sympathetic to allowing it. Hopefully it doesn't come to this in most countries.
andaresta

Activity: 112

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 01:54:52 AM

I do not care about the ban, if the state is willing to change the legality of bitcoin?
Choyor

Activity: 672
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 02:34:05 AM

do not always think that way, think positive just better. because even if bitcoin / other crypto currency is banned, chances are we will lose some of our work / income that can be from bitcoin. I hope that does not happen.
Death Angel

Activity: 586
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 03:01:32 AM

I think it does not matter, because until now bitcoin is banned, but everyone is still hunting bitcoin, because this is the hope of a better future than real money.
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 06:02:55 AM

I think the issue of legalization on bitcoin is not just about the government's desire to make a profit by taxing bitcoin users, but is there anything other than a tax problem? my government does not prohibit the use of bitcoin but it does not legalize it, they only give warning to their community that cryptocurrency is a currency that is beyond government control, so when the crime happens the government can not help or catch the villain
Stephencb

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 06:06:42 AM

No. Bitcoin is global. If one jurisdiction outlaws buying, holding and selling, business will simply move elsewhere. It will create a black market in the place where it is outlawed, with prices at a premium.
The issue isn't really about banning or outlawing it. I don't think the conversation is heading in that direction. Instead, the focus of attention seems to be on regulation and what regulation should try to achieve.
Regulation can go both ways. It can provide consumer protections, tighten AML, and positive things like that. That's what the PBOC has done this year to date. Or regulation can be so restrictive it stifles innovation and entrepreneurship.
We are beginning to see government and central banks thinking about sovereign crypto. I think that's where the debate is going to be: essentially a debate over which form of crypto we trust more.
Akash1243

Activity: 392
Merit: 257

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 07:34:59 AM

I don't think so that bitcoin will be banned globally now as many countries have legalised bitcoins.Even if they are banned black markets cab still use it and many people will use as controlling people not to would be hard for governments.Instead governments are trying to make bitcoins usage by legalizing them and some banks are trying to adapt to crypto currencies.
SushGo

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 07:36:39 AM

It doesn't matter as many people are still using the bitcoins despite the ban from their governments.
kamikadze69

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 07:38:12 AM

I think that would be a bad thing for both investors and us, because with the prohibition of bitcoin the volume of transactions that occur will also decrease quickly and will decrease the value of bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: