Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:17:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What If Bitcoin is banned?  (Read 11373 times)
Vannie12

Activity: 630
Merit: 130

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 06:31:38 AM

I think it will depend if it is banned locally or in general or international and how long or if it is banned temporarily.
If it is banned locally then there will still be hope in getting using it or converting it to fiat. And in our situation today, banning of ICOs is a great example on how it would affect the whole industry. If it is in general, I think that there's nothing you can do about it and just wait if bitcoin will be worth anything again. In short, I would suggest holding what you have. Keep it safe. Bitcoin will not die, if it does, if won't be long.
lucifochrome

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 07:08:31 AM

well in some countries they have legalized bitcoins and with legalization they are making sure they'll control it. though they cant fully control it as it was designed to be not centralized. What they do is they limit using it. not educating people about bitcoin. In a news from where i am at. A so called analyst was asked about bitcoin as there is a hype about it, but this so called analyst don't even know what bitcoin is so instead he said that bitcoin is a scam. Now it's the kind of information that will lead to banning bitcoin. We have seen it in china and experienced what happens when a country bans bitcoin totally. price are down 10% within a night. that's not just the thing, china did not completely ban it, what they did is they just banned the ICO but still prices were affected. So, to answer the question, what i am going to do is to do nothing. i am just going to hold on into that coins as nothing is permanent in this world. The ban may be uplifted within some time. It may be their way of controlling things since they can't fully control bitcoin and when that happens it is business as usual.
Adykingcity

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 07:12:08 AM

What If Bitcoin is banned in your country will you still use it?

If you use it how will you? How will you exchange it and how will you completely use it as you do before.
Although bitcoin is prohibited in my country, I still can use it, just sell bitcoin to USD and use paypal to withdraw money, it is very simple.
StonedWolf

Activity: 308
Merit: 120

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 07:36:48 AM

Fofortunately, my country don't even know about bitcoin !
At most they know his name and his superficial definition.
But let's suppose that this thinhs would happens, i won't stop using bitcoin ever.

Heekcaa

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 07:41:23 AM

Bitcoin is the best currencies. I will use the VPN or sock to buy and sell bitcoin in the international exchanger.
voztata

Activity: 998
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 08:40:56 AM

If you use it how will you? How will you exchange it and how will you completely use it as you do before.
i guess if it was banned in my country, i would find a way to convert my total amount of bitcoins to another coin that is legal in my country. Then i guess this may be one of the ways to make it legal, but if we really think about it, the only thing that stand agains the bitcoins are law hackers and the people that are agains its value and what it could do.
That depends, but I don’t think it’s possible all countries will ban Bitcoin at a time. Even if some bans bitcoin, others won’t do the same. But if my country happens to be on the list of the countries banning Bitcoin, then VPN comes in useful or I might just convert to Fiat immediately.
That’s not really going to happen, but let’s just imagine that we are in a world where it actually happened, then I guess lots of people who invested their money into it will all end up as losers. I wouldn’t like such to happen, because I’m among those that will lose a lot if it happens. I know some people will be lucky to get their money out before anything happens, but some won’t be that lucky.
Ahmedcss28

Activity: 19

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 08:43:04 AM

even if your country ban Bitcoin you can always find a way to continue your work , i am sure Vpn or proxy can help , like Hotspot shield
shawn995

Activity: 350

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 08:45:55 AM

Bitcoin will be never banned. Because bitcoin is a decentralized which is not even control by someone. So it will never banned.
Golerm

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 08:47:47 AM

Although bitcoin is prohibited in my country, I still can use it, just sell bitcoin to USD and use paypal to withdraw money, it is very simple.
True, it's hard to block something in a specific country, that's readliy available on the internet.
Paycoinzzz

Activity: 994
Merit: 503

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 09:12:30 AM

i guess if it was banned in my country, i would find a way to convert my total amount of bitcoins to another coin that is legal in my country. Then i guess this may be one of the ways to make it legal, but if we really think about it, the only thing that stand agains the bitcoins are law hackers and the people that are agains its value and what it could do.
That depends, but I don’t think it’s possible all countries will ban Bitcoin at a time. Even if some bans bitcoin, others won’t do the same. But if my country happens to be on the list of the countries banning Bitcoin, then VPN comes in useful or I might just convert to Fiat immediately.
That’s not really going to happen, but let’s just imagine that we are in a world where it actually happened, then I guess lots of people who invested their money into it will all end up as losers. I wouldn’t like such to happen, because I’m among those that will lose a lot if it happens. I know some people will be lucky to get their money out before anything happens, but some won’t be that lucky.
Lucky or unlucky just is the self-comforting of loser.
The fact, they do not prepare careful before decide invest to buy cryptocurrency, of course, they receive some loss is right.
pugman
Legendary

Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2017, 09:17:08 AM

You make a fair point ,if a country bans bitcoin,even if you use VPN/proxy to hide yourself from using it,when you have to cash out, the country that has banned it will ultimately find out,but there is an exception,if someone trust worthy of yours resides in a country where btc is not illegal or banned,then he can cash it out from your behalf and then he can remit you the money and remittances are not a problem as they are transfer income and they are not counted when national income or GDP is of concern.

neya

Activity: 504

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 09:20:24 AM

i will not use it offcourse. if i use then what for. i will just make an effort for nothing. how i will exchange bitcoin to our currency if its banned. how i can earn also. so i will not waste time. maybe i will find other sideline instead of it.

TRUEPLAY.io
TRANSPARENT AND HONEST GAMBLING PLATFORM ♣ PRE-SALE STARTS 15th APR, 2018 ♠ 30% DISCOUNT
sitebounty ann thread  ♠ wallet
kachimasu

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 09:27:44 AM

Btc can't be "banned"
Rajamuda

Activity: 924
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 09:30:32 AM

I think banning for using bitcoin in my country doesn't seem will be not happening, and even if my country banning.. i think i will still using bitcoin as my financial pushing. I feel i can't be far away from bitcoin, bitcoin is part of my life, bitcoin gives quite a good profit like any other job to me. To my knowledge, my country will not ban to using bitcoin, i'm sure with this since bitcoin is good for the community as a financials booster which can reduce the poverty rate.
saffira

Activity: 700

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 09:30:43 AM

I hope that it will not be banned. However if in case that it would happen, I will sell my coins to other bitcoin earner from other country where bitcoin is still accepted.
andthereyou

Activity: 616
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 09:39:32 AM

We can still use it and convert it to fiat currency even your or ny country banned bitcoin through routing and many more.

I believed that country banning bitcoin will have a big problem in the future maybe CHINA already have problem  Grin it already backfire I think.😁
Austin143

Activity: 242
Merit: 10

XCH4NGE - Connecting Crypto Users Worldwide!

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 09:40:30 AM

What if bitcoin will be ban ? Hoping not to go through that far, and even it's get banned in our country, I'll still use it. And waiting to boom it again.
datodota002

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 09:43:16 AM

when bitcoin banned will be panic sell like china that we have saw couple days ago bitcoin price go down from $4000 to $3000
Mostafiz

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 09:47:23 AM

I think bitcoin is the future.so if it banded there should be another option.like ETH DASH as time & tide wait for none.
Adam

Activity: 224

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 09:48:42 AM

Yes I will. In my country many sites are banned

BattleTitans.io  ▼  Mobile PvP Arena of the Future  ▼  BattleTitans.io
The Most Promising ICO in October    [Join Now!]

▼  [FB]  ▬  [TW]  ▬  [TG]  ▬▬▬  [YU]  ▼
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: