Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:45:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Avalon mining rig clones thread from bitmine.ch (NOW SHIPPING)  (Read 58554 times)
Plazma

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 02:49:56 PM

Why dont you offer me or some other hero member a free flight plus trip and hotel to your office.

So we could check it and vouch for you

+1

BTC: 1A1Mwjfw2mTko4N2UuVQ3RK4hXJunsPA3j
XMP: AcT3PK4wofjCMt6irN4HXENUqPvoBJRWk3

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
systic

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 03:17:49 PM

Ill be eagerly awaiting pics with my $ in hand. Feel free to pm me and ill keep a eye on the thread  Smiley
bclcjunkie

Activity: 833
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 03:22:55 PM

well then you guys should have no problem dealing in escrow right?

i'd definitely get one, however to avoid another BFL like scenario i'd do go for it only if the unit hashes and you guys are ready to do escrow with John... you can look up bitfountain for yourselves: almost zero sales hype but 100% action... Smiley

We are also very angry BFL users, we're waiting since July 2012 for our units to be shipped and reading through all the pathetic delay explanations of Josh we just thought that you can't fool your customers this way, our planning is very accurate and we've been doing similar works already in the past so it's not new stuff for us like it looks it has been for BFL.
[/quote]
giorgiomassa (OP)

Activity: 222

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 04:41:14 PM

Switzerland is often used by Chinese businesses to sneak goods into the EU without paying import duty.  Wink

$6,489 is too risky an investment for me though, I'll stick with $299 graphics cards.

I really hope someone starts building and shipping small cheap ASICs soon or we're gonna lose the network to LiteCoin.  Roll Eyes

Yes you're right, $6489 is quite a lot of money for most people out there, however we don't believe in the need to develop cheaper mining units because in the end when difficulty will rise, these units (like Jalapenos) will become very unproductive, but this of course is just our own opinion Smiley

Litecoin miners is something we are starting to look at, but it's really not a priority right now, might be interesting in the future!

The production is in Italy near Milan in order to keep labour costs low. The exact address can't be told because we have a non disclosure agreement with them.

I really fail to understand why you would first find a production unit when you don't even have a working prototype ?
Guess you messed up with priorities, like about every other ASIC manufacturer, apart maybe from freidcat.

Getting money from us to try and make a working unit won't work anymore.

It's because of the way it works when doing a mass production of a product, you first agree on models and production terms, then you set-up the production chain and produce a couple of samples that are used to "tune" the real production, and finally when everything is in place you start mass production in "batches".

In our case, samples will be produced during the next 2-3 weeks as we've already set-up all the commercial stuff, don't worry you'll see the pictures posted here as soon as the samples will leave the factory.

You dont have any avalon unit?? That means you cant copy it!

Why dont you buy a avalon NOW? It would be much easier for you to clone everything. After that you can ripp off the chips of your avalon and bring them on the new avalon boards.

That means you could have a working copy in about 1 month!

I didn't quite understand where you've been reading that we don't have an Avalon unit, we do have one that was disassembled for reverse engineering. Doesn't really matter anyway, because Avalon released to the public domain all the specifications, schematics, sources and drawings on github about two weeks ago.

Ultraviolet

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 04:49:22 PM

Whoever gives these guys their money will never see a product in hand to mine with.

Worthless thieves.
giorgiomassa (OP)

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 04:54:46 PM

Whoever gives these guys their money will never see a product in hand to mine with.

Worthless thieves.

I'm wondering, how are you determining this? You look pretty sure of what you're saying so you should have done some research right?

Will you keep on saying the same after we'll be visited by some hero member and post our samples' pictures?
Kj1

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 05:45:54 PM

Ill be eagerly awaiting pics with my $ in hand. Feel free to pm me and ill keep a eye on the thread  Smiley
², feel free to pm

also, love the skepticism :d  Right now, you dont have anything to show for and you are just asking money for thin air. even pics of the disassembled avalon would be a positive indication.

although the preorder units went from 20 to 14 in like 10 hours, guess not everybody needs proof.

Kj1

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 05:50:04 PM

also something weird with the PSU price

without: 6489$
PSU: +165$ (=6654)
with PSU: 6739$
?

candoo

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

Vertrau in Gott

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 05:56:12 PM

Thanks for your reply.

Yes iam in Germany. And I would love to visit your office and see the first schematics/designs. I would offer to drive to your office with my car if you pay me at least  some cents per kilometre and one night in a hotel.

I would also do photos for the community here. Why dont you remove the chips from the working avalon unit and put them on your pcbs?

Einer trage des andern Last, so werdet ihr das Gesetz Christi erfüllen.
Pistachio
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 06:05:54 PM

Can you post evidence that you did in fact order enough ASIC chips for 30 units? Thanks,
giorgiomassa (OP)

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 06:07:40 PM
Last edit: May 25, 2013, 06:34:32 PM by giorgiomassa

also something weird with the PSU price

without: 6489$
PSU: +165$ (=6654)
with PSU: 6739$
?

Oh, you're right, thank you for pointing this out, the description is wrong on the item, the PSU is priced at $250, not $165. I have fixed this now, thanks again for reporting this to me.

giorgiomassa (OP)

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 07:32:53 PM

Can you post evidence that you did in fact order enough ASIC chips for 30 units? Thanks,

Yes sure, I can. On Monday, as soon as I'll get back to the office I will publish the transaction ID of the payment made to Avalon, along with a signed message to prove that we own the wallet that sent the payment.

Do you think that this would be enough as an evidence?
matt4054
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 07:44:55 PM

Hello Giorgio,

This new hardware offer seems very interesting. I'm located in Switzerland too (Lausanne), my associate and I would be happy to pay a visit once you have a working protoype (I think he contacted you already).

Just two quick questions: why the pre-order system if you really already have paid for the chips? Would you accept escrow then, if this was not BS and you really don't need the money, or do you need it anyway for R&D purposes? (not trying to imply anything here or being rude, it's just that the ASIC business is like the far west, and BFL you-know-what).

Second question, why the prices in USD and not in BTC? Imagine that USD/BTC doubles: your product value increases while your price tag stays the same, absurd! Imagine that USD/BTC halves: your product value halves, while your price tag stays the same.

As others have mentioned, I wouldn't buy a pre-order at this stage but I'll keep a close eye on your topic and website, and I'll be very interested in buying ASICs from you if you succeed with the prototype and have competitive prices compared to other AVALON chips assemblers.

Cheers,

Matt
qbits

Activity: 219

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 08:06:58 PM

Thanks for your reply.

Yes iam in Germany. And I would love to visit your office and see the first schematics/designs. I would offer to drive to your office with my car if you pay me at least  some cents per kilometre and one night in a hotel.

I would also do photos for the community here. Why dont you remove the chips from the working avalon unit and put them on your pcbs?

I second this motion.

Giorgio, I'm ready to place an order as well. Is it possible for me to visit you? It's a 6h drive one way for me but it's not a problem for me if it it's ok with you.

BR
snowcrashed

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 08:33:14 PM

This has the feeling of legitimacy but so far I've seen no solid proof, just some convincing talk.  If you have a facility, produced a control unit/pdu, made CAD drawings, reverse engineered the Avalon rig, bought $100k worth of chips, etc. why not post evidence of this in the original post?  Surely you realize the climate of suspicion around here, every week there are new scams from people claiming to have the next great ASIC rig.  I realize you say you are going to be posting pictures in a couple days but couldn't you have waited to have pics in hand to make your post?  You would have gained a lot of credibility had you provided this stuff on your own, but instead people had ask for it.  It shouldn't be a big deal to take a screenshot of some CAD drawings, show proof of chip purchases, take your cell phone out and take a pic of your facility and so on - right?
Pistachio
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 08:37:20 PM

Yes sure, I can. On Monday, as soon as I'll get back to the office I will publish the transaction ID of the payment made to Avalon, along with a signed message to prove that we own the wallet that sent the payment.

Yes, that would be great.
systic

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 09:00:21 PM

Yes, that would be great.
Keep in mind that they just started the post and it is a weekend so give them some time.
Pistachio
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 09:58:43 PM

Am I reading correctly, only 6 left in this first batch? Are there plans for future batches or is this it for the next few months?
Kj1

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 10:11:37 PM

Only 6 left, 14 hours ago they had 20 left. by the end of the weekend they will have made 30 times 6600$, about 200K. The capital of the company is about 100K.

their companies purpose as stated in a rev of 27.10.2011:
The supply, construction, sales and consulting products and services in the field of computer science, in particular those related to the Internet such as hosting, housing, co-location, IP telephony and / or traditional, streaming video and all other assets in the field of telecommunications. The company may carry out commercial operations, industrial, financial and banking, mortgage and real estate, including the purchase, sale, exchange of movable property, real estate, vehicles and property rights. The company may acquire stakes in companies and enterprises, as well as own property and participate in consortia and clusters.

more here:
http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fti.powernet.ch%2Fwebservices%2Finet%2FHRG%2FHRG.asmx%2FgetHRGHTML%3Fchnr%3D5143029505%26amt%3D501%26toBeModified%3D0%26validOnly%3D0%26lang%3D3%26sort%3D0&act=url

27.10.2011 is one month after BFL announed their 4.5 ghz miner. (22/09/2011)

Makes sense imo - if you'd have an IT company with chip production connections, and saw the bitcoin hype of 2011 and the ASIC future; it'd be a reasonable future direction right?  Just wait for the right time (ASIC chips & schematics), get the basics going, announce, make "riskless" money as you're just cloning tech...  And hopefully keep up the promises Cheesy

And does seems legit.... Why risk an 8 year old company with 100K capital for only the double?

And why use an escrow when you get the money without?

Still, the lack of proof is discouraging. I think with the right pictures & order proof of the chips, they would have sold out their 30 units in 5 minutes.  

KS

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 11:13:43 PM

Where are you located ? i'm from Switzerland too and i would like to visit you just to make sure it's legit,
is this possible ?

Yes sure we will be very happy of that so that other users will also know we're legit, you can find our address under the contacts, we're in Camorino, Tessin. Please contact us on PM first to arrange the visit!

Che fortuna che nn siete Camorrini Wink
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: