Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 02:14:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Avalon mining rig clones thread from bitmine.ch (NOW SHIPPING)  (Read 58554 times)
Min€r

Activity: 359
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 01:29:31 PM

any chance to take a look at the pictures?  Cheesy

Lack of pictures is sincerely due to lack of personal time, as stated in my previous post, tomorrow my first priority will be doing more pictures and post them for you here.

Let them little time - I have ordered one and had a nice communication. Too they offered me to visit them plus maybe arrange the date when they have a sample unit ready. I am also not an optimist after that what happend in mining hardware field but maybe we should remember that today is 1st working day - they wrote me that the pics will be posted as soon as possible.

BTC Sticker: German | English  
BTC Promo Sticker Sets: German | English
1P7fvQGyNx2EwUD7zVfY8jvDFjfA5Sq59b

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jeroenn13

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 01:31:48 PM

I would be interested in a unit of batch #1 if someone doesnt pay.
Please keep me updated.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
Gordon Bleu

Activity: 308

verified ✔

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 02:09:38 PM

you can have my Order, if you act fast, you got 1 for sure.
haven't paid yet, will last till  Thursday

but i would like to get  1 BTC ,  Escrow is Ok,  can deliver Email / Teamviewer Session,
or in Escrow i will just send you the pass, Address is changeable,  chosen Payment is Bankwire

GAWMiners http://gawminers.com/ Gridseed ASICS in stock in USA
ONE YEAR FREE HOSTING AND ELECTRICITY WITH PURCHASE!

AROUSR.COM The Adult Chat Community (21+) We now accept BTCitcoins Smiley               |
Connect with hot girls for chat, talk, trade pics and more!➠Visit http://arousr.com (21+)|
ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 02:25:57 PM

I heard lately that the Avalon batches #2 and #3 are being delivered late.

Does that affect you in any way? How "sure" are you about your delivery date of beginning august?

Greets

RayG

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 02:30:59 PM

- I don't think Exion guys are scammers. New enterprises consistently over-promise and under-deliver.
- Exion doesn't have Avalon rig in hand, which makes things a bit, but not that much harder
- Avalon's reference schematics are enough to design circuit boards (and produce them in advance). No rocket science here.
- And here is the main problem. I don't believe the chips have been ordered yet (maybe I'm wrong - still waiting for proof picture). Exion will collect pre-orders money first to pay the chips. Therefore, chips may or rather not arrive at end of July (today + 8 weeks ~ end of July - if Avalon is to be believed). More realistic date is 2nd half of August and machines delivery date in 1st half of September.
giorgiomassa (OP)

Activity: 222
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 02:38:22 PM

- I don't think Exion guys are scammers. New enterprises consistently over-promise and under-deliver.
- Exion doesn't have Avalon rig in hand, which makes things a bit, but not that much harder
- Avalon's reference schematics are enough to design circuit boards (and produce them in advance). No rocket science here.
- And here is the main problem. I don't believe the chips have been ordered yet (maybe I'm wrong - still waiting for proof picture). Exion will collect pre-orders money first to pay the chips. Therefore, chips may or rather not arrive at end of July (today + 8 weeks ~ end of July - if Avalon is to be believed). More realistic date is 2nd half of August and machines delivery date in 1st half of September.

Hi RayG,

Thanks for posting all these positive things about us!  Cheesy Just one thing to make clear, we pre-funded the buying of the 10k avalon chips with our own money and are NOT using the pre-oder money to fund them, this is a very important difference to distinguish between a potential scam and real companies Smiley

In a few hours I will paste a proof of the transaction, the fact is that we had a very big issue with Mt.Gox that lost one of our payments  Angry (will post screenshot of the MT.Gox ticket too) and they funded the remainder of the money to our account only on Sunday, then we immediately placed the order.

I'm finishing the screenshots and photos to upload, will update soon please stay tuned!
Pistachio
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 02:52:08 PM

you can have my Order, if you act fast, you got 1 for sure.
haven't paid yet, will last till  Thursday

but i would like to get  1 BTC ,  Escrow is Ok,  can deliver Email / Teamviewer Session,
or in Escrow i will just send you the pass, Address is changeable,  chosen Payment is Bankwire

I am not sure this is a good idea. Paying with your own account or credit card will afford you some protection if there are any serious problems in the near future. IMO using another person's account is asking for trouble.

Why not pay for what you ordered and start a group buy instead to reimburse yourself? You will likely profit more than 1btc in the process and provide an opportunity for smaller investors.

Otherwise, I hope you cancel your order and let others have a chance. I don't think "reserving" a unit like this will be tolerated anyway.
giorgiomassa (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 04:01:45 PM

Dear all,

Please note that we've posted some new pictures on the news section of our website and that we've uploaded the proof of the 10K ASIC ICs buy from Avalon too, it's in the first post of this thread.

As explained before, the chip buy from Avalon was totally funded with our personal investments (about 100k SFr), but we weren't able to buy them earlier than the 26th because of Mt.Gox loosing one of our funding, here are the relevant screenshots from Mt.Gox's ticketing system:

Today we also talked on the phone and exchanged tons of emails with several buyers, we will receive the first visits this friday the 31st on the afternoon and hopefully we should also have the first PCB prototypes to show them!

We will keep on answering to your questions here and posting our progresses, so for now it's enough and we leave you with a nice picture with me (Giorgio, on the right) and gotah (Christian, on the left) expressing some thoughts about BFL's miners...  Grin

giorgiomassa (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 04:53:58 PM

I heard lately that the Avalon batches #2 and #3 are being delivered late.

Does that affect you in any way? How "sure" are you about your delivery date of beginning august?

Greets

Yes, let's say that Avalon isn't really the most active company in regards of news with their customers, obviously we depend on the delivery of our batch, but there aren't news as far as I know concerning delays in asic chips shipment.
RayG

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 07:12:21 PM

OK guys, I'm in. I'll send money for my order tomorrow.

I don't expect much profit (if any) from this rig, but I'd like to support your enthusiasm. I'm HW/SW industry veteran and my instinct tells me that you are the right team. I expect some great things from you in the future (gen II ASIC miners...)  Wink
KS

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 08:56:56 PM

why oh why? wait was that sarcasm or sth?  Roll Eyes
costapete

Activity: 208
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 09:05:49 PM

"in the meantime we are producing the control unit and the pdu.
the case and the sink are currently under cad drawing."

By the time the chips are sent out in late July..WILL you have allready manufactured the above components? as to expedite the shipping of clone batch 1.

thanks
ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 10:52:47 PM

Nice pic.

Im in too.
cryptograd

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 02:21:19 AM

Will you guys be selling 20 Gh/s individual modules?

Liked something I said ->17ry6rrknqmQ2S1NRArzdrNMmG2Zk449AE
Most important bitcointalk post in history
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=120184.msg1381739#msg1381739
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 03:50:30 AM

Why dont you offer me or some other hero member a free flight plus trip and hotel to your office.

So we could check it and vouch for you

nice try for make a free vacation to Switzerland Smiley
I'm kidding, in any case we are open to any visits, I see you live in germany, maybe is not so far from here.

We have also in plan to send 1 or 2 (not more because the first batch is only 30 elements) avalon clone to some big/trusted/hero reviewers,
we are also open to organize some skype/webcam meeting where we show our faces (Smiley) and the whole project
Actually what you should be doing is sending one to ckolivas, the main developer of cgminer.
It's a simple a reliable proof that you can make these devices.

Avalon have been dragging their heels on sending him any hardware (and today stated they won't send him an Avalon but just some different 6GH/s device) so for the last 4 months Avalons have been pretty unreliable.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=140539.msg2291673#msg2291673

It would be in your best interest also of course.

(Yes, I do not want an Avalon or an Avalon clone Tongue)

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Sitarow
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 03:52:18 AM

Why dont you offer me or some other hero member a free flight plus trip and hotel to your office.

nice try for make a free vacation to Switzerland Smiley
I'm kidding, in any case we are open to any visits, I see you live in germany, maybe is not so far from here.

We have also in plan to send 1 or 2 (not more because the first batch is only 30 elements) avalon clone to some big/trusted/hero reviewers,
we are also open to organize some skype/webcam meeting where we show our faces (Smiley) and the whole project
Actually what you should be doing is sending one to ckolivas, the main developer of cgminer.

It would be in your best interest also of course.

Yes please Smiley He has been hard at work using my Avalon for over a week now in order to make the DYI projects succeed.

If anyone could validate your unit perfectly he can.
RayG

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 05:18:53 AM

http://bitaxe.ca has started selling Avalon compatible PCBs (pricey and without chips, of course).
iammagicmike

Activity: 149

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 12:21:05 PM

Candoo has the right idea!

It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

LTC: LPGSryKuT2BaEcDBg6VWHwusXj5N8ynu3M
gotah

Activity: 63

bitcoin is the future

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2013, 12:37:11 PM

Candoo has the right idea!

Friday 31.05.2013 some buyers/forum members come to visit us in our office, I really hope someone make a review of this event in this thread or in the forum.  Wink

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/ 
Free Distribution! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623937
Bwincoin - 100% Free POS. B5LcTXcUmycXsiSPk5qJWDp4ZxMryxjUMx
costapete

Activity: 208

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 08:34:18 PM

Can the members that are going for the visit please.  Reply below? Thanks
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: