Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:08:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Avalon mining rig clones thread from bitmine.ch (NOW SHIPPING)  (Read 58554 times)
jeroenn13

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 09:56:06 AM

Some more updates about current progresses:

- Friday morning the first PCBs will leave the factory, I will go to pick them up so that we and our visitor can upload some pictures in the afternoon.

- Monday all the components for the sample batch will come in, I will then bring these along with the PCBs the same day to the factory so that they can set-up all the stencils, pick and place programs, etc. In that moment I will also take a picture of myself in the factory, since somebody here stated that I've taken the pictures from the Internet LOL  Grin

- One single prototype will be hand assembled here in our labs, two will be machine assembled at the factory. Obviously, you'll see first the hand assembled one, btu the factory told me they can give me the machine assembled ones within friday 7th June.

- Case's CAD design is finished and later I'll upload pictures of the final assembly, tomorrow they'll be sent to the factory for first sample batch production, they should land in during next week too.

- Considering that at the end of next week we'll have a lot more to show to visitors, we'll try to make the first visit appointments starting from Monday the 10th of June.

Sounds good,
Do you have any idea when you continue taking pre-orders? I am interested in this project.

EDIT: Read your blog post. I am subscribed to your newsletter now.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kj1

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 10:06:57 AM

Hey, reading up on the avalon user experiences thread, there seems to be some problems:

- the PSU unit is not powerful enough.  In your clone for 4 units, a 750W psu is awfully tight & produces a lot of heat when pushed to 100%.  For cooling and stability purposes, it might be better to consider a stronger PSU.  see the avalon tread for info.

- it sounds like a goddam jet engine. Moving the psu outside (less cable clutter) makes the temp drop considerably (thus also the noise).  This indicates that a bigger casing might just be a good idea.

Thanks for the update!

Just another quick question, did avolon actually already send out asic chips to people/group buys who ordered more then two months ago?  Is the two month delivery time from ordering accurate? 

giorgiomassa (OP)

Activity: 222
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 10:21:24 AM

Hey, reading up on the avalon user experiences thread, there seems to be some problems:

- the PSU unit is not powerful enough.  In your clone for 4 units, a 750W psu is awfully tight & produces a lot of heat when pushed to 100%.  For cooling and stability purposes, it might be better to consider a stronger PSU.  see the avalon tread for info.

- it sounds like a goddam jet engine. Moving the psu outside (less cable clutter) makes the temp drop considerably (thus also the noise).  This indicates that a bigger casing might just be a good idea.

Thanks for the update!

Just another quick question, did avolon actually already send out asic chips to people/group buys who ordered more then two months ago?  Is the two month delivery time from ordering accurate? 

Yep, we are aware of the issues, unfortunately 320 chips draw a LOT of power, our case was already designed with a better airflow as we are using a thermal simulation CAD program to predict the heat transfer. Live tests will be accomplished once Avalon ships the first sample batch of ICs to their customer and that should happen pretty soon.
gotah

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

bitcoin is the future

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2013, 11:18:33 AM

regarding the problem that seems be the power of the PSU is not enough, yes we already know this possibility, in case 750W is not enough we will make an upgrade to 1000W (free of charge for our customers)

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/ 
Free Distribution! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623937
Bwincoin - 100% Free POS. B5LcTXcUmycXsiSPk5qJWDp4ZxMryxjUMx
prawda

Activity: 239
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 01:27:06 PM

This:

[...]
The exact address can't be told because we have a non disclosure agreement with them.
[...]
We can't invite everybody because it's a high security location that produces military parts and visits are really restricted and require prior authorisations.

and this:
our case was already designed with a better airflow as we are using a thermal simulation CAD program to predict the heat transfer.

really made my day. Ridiculous bullshit. Become serious and post real evidence.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 07:10:51 PM

is there a possibility to add cheaper models, in the future, maybe?
giorgiomassa (OP)

Activity: 222

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 08:17:24 PM

Due to big request we are going to give the possibility during the next batch pre-orders to buy units with 2,3 or 4 modules, along with the possibility to separately order the modules when you need them. This will also be a great opportunity for avalon batch #1 buyers that have just 3 modules and want to upgrade to 4.

More on this will be published in the next days  Smiley
GodfatherBond

Activity: 264

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 08:22:19 PM

Great! I will buy one 4 mod unit when available again... It´s funny if I´ll get "Avalon" from you before my Avalon Batch#3 order Smiley
And great if you take wire transfers! ...waiting for!
matt4054
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 09:36:37 PM

Due to big request we are going to give the possibility during the next batch pre-orders to buy units with 2,3 or 4 modules, along with the possibility to separately order the modules when you need them. This will also be a great opportunity for avalon batch #1 buyers that have just 3 modules and want to upgrade to 4.

Thanks for the info, I praise this initiative. We stay tuned!
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 06:49:50 AM

good news, i'll keep watching
dan99

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 09:48:24 AM

very interesting, when do you plan to order next batch of chip?
Kuma

Activity: 107

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 10:08:21 AM

And what are the payment methods?
mem

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 12:27:23 PM
Last edit: May 30, 2013, 03:12:35 PM by mem

Funny how the 2 members involved and the one who's willing to go visit their factory and vouch for them are all registered between 7-9 May and have post counts between 11-13  Cheesy Wink

Its a concern indeed.

i really don't want to tarnish some Reputation because of my Postcount,
i'm not affiliated with them,
usually i visit BFL or Imageboards
i signed up here for a x6500 Offer

But i'm sure there will be someone with more Credibility who will also investigate,  

So Please, not everyone with low Post Count is a Scammer or a Troll

Of course not, but without a real world ID for the operators or the visitors and no prior history in the forums you have no credibility until a product is shown.

Im watching myself with cautious interest, I do have some euro contacts through friends and may be able to organize a visit via proxy.
The proxy visitor would be recording some video of:
* the intial meeting
* whatever areas of the factory you permit
* (this is a must) a working unit on a test bench for my proxy to point at a mining pool that is provided at the time of testing. Ideally the proxy visitor would also be able to *fiddle* with said demo hardware then pay for the unit for me and collect (he would organize post directly to myself).

So there it is, let me know what you think while I see if a friend has anyone in / near switzerland right now.

Kj1

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 01:55:49 PM

reading up on avalon threads, what specific warranty do you guys offer?  And how?

Eg this appears not to be uncommon:
http://www.mysenselesslife.com/avalon/DSCN5212.JPG

NR3000

Activity: 86

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 07:30:43 PM

how many units available in the second batch? When the second batch will be start ship out?

TheSwede75

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 01:28:22 AM

sorry to be an ass, but one Order you can cancel,
we have now a Difficulty increase of +1 per Day,
Today we are at 11 Mill,
Tomorow will be 12,
this add's up to at least 71 Million on  August 1,  at 91 there is no more Profit and no more ROI in Avalon
end of August we are at 121 Million, and that's just my naiv Calculation even when all Gpu Fpga's would leave the Network
we are already awating the next gen Miners, so maybe a Diff over 200 Mill is possible this would screw most uf us badly.

but i would maybe pay up to 1800 USD for a 22Gh/s Device in August if you could sell it for 1600 USD it would be a Bonus.

You do (I hope) realize that diff is not a linear increase and even though the 'Asic rollout' surely is going to ramp up diff, this will likely partially be offset by thousands and thousands of GPU miners folding up their operations or moving to scrypt mining in the next few months.

I am pretty convinced that well built ASIC will have profitability far into the fall and winter, at least for those paying 'non outrageous' kw/h prices.
TheSwede75

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 01:34:15 AM

Seriously...
I mean no disrespect but you just showed up and now you'll be vouching for *potential* scammers. Do you see a problem here?

Seriously!
And who are you to judge?
Come and meet me on Friday, show some commitment, like I do.
Have you even ordered one unit? Probably not ...  Tongue

If you do not understand why the forum shows some concern that a 33 post member just entering the thread claims not only to already have ordered a Miner but also is one of the ones that happen to be showing up in their office I just don't know what to say.
gotah

bitcoin is the future

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2013, 07:13:03 AM

reading up on avalon threads, what specific warranty do you guys offer?  And how?

Eg this appears not to be uncommon:
http://www.mysenselesslife.com/avalon/DSCN5212.JPG

Hi, this is a damage on the control unit board.
regarding the warranty, as Swiss Code Of Obligations say, we are obliged to give 1 year of warranty on products we sell.

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/ 
gotah

bitcoin is the future

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2013, 07:27:02 AM

Giorgio,

All kidding aside.

How can you commit to shipping in August?  You don't even know if the chips will ship by August/September or October or...

Do you have SMT production line setup?  Or you are going to be soldering all batch #1 7200 Avalon chips by hand?

We belive Avalon will respect the time, otherwise we will have some delay, in any case we refund if costumer is not happy.
regarding SMT production line, as say before in this thread we have a partner with a production facility for soldering all the chips and producing the boards.

SwissMiner

Activity: 294

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2013, 09:35:51 AM

Why do you produce in Italy and not in Switzerland at Escatec or Variosystems?

.. bitcoin's make the world go around .. world go around .. world go around ..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: