Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 08:40:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do some government ban bitcoin?  (Read 12581 times)
congtuan001122asd

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 09:41:46 PM

Bitcoins are not entirely bad, it has many benefits and it can help someone have a better life but many countries forbid bitcoin because bitcoin is digital money, governments can not control the development of bitcoin, can not control the number of bitcoin transactions and the government can not tax the bitcoin.

● sgamepro ●   ❐ Telegram ❐   ❐ Whitepaper ❐     ● sgamepro ●
███   PLAY MOBILE GAMES MINE   ███
██████      CRYPTO-TOKENS EARN REAL MONEY ██████
MeckaBit
Copper Member

Activity: 93
Merit: 0

meckabit.com

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 09:46:57 PM

Many Countries ban that of which they feel has the potential to have a negative impact on their economy or that of which they do not understand the potential effects of, its also important to understand that some countries are ruled under dictatorship. Certain countries banned both Google and Facebook, and once these companies became further established they unbanned them. It is a typical process that has happened to many different tech related companies.

MECKABIT ║█║█║█║ MAKE A BET, MAKE A BIT! ║█║█║█║ MECKABIT
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬❰❰❰  PLAY FOR FREE  ❱❱❱▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
SUPPORT ▲ INSTANT DEPOSITS ▲ PROMOTIONAL EVENTS
Yo_Seats

Activity: 14
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 09:48:50 PM

Governments regulate currencies to protect their ability to tax profits, control liquidity in their economies, and to be able to control the rate the money supply expands through their central banks.  Some governments, such as China's, also regulate the ability of individuals or organizations to move assets outside the country through imposition of currency controls.  Bitcoin allows individuals to sidestep this regulatory scheme which is why you are seeing more and more interest on the part of regulators worldwide.
divyasdm11

Activity: 27

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 09:56:35 PM

The main reason why the bitcoin is banned in some countries is because governments in some countries that the bitcoin have a disadvantages if they will legalize it. and which they feel has the potential to have a negative impact on their economy or that of which they do not understand the potential effects of, its also important to understand that some countries are ruled under dictatorship.
Trela
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001

The Decentralized TCP/IP Internet Protocol

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 03:54:48 PM

Bitcoins are not entirely bad, it has many benefits and it can help someone have a better life but many countries forbid bitcoin because bitcoin is digital money, governments can not control the development of bitcoin, can not control the number of bitcoin transactions and the government can not tax the bitcoin.
Why not? I heard the Japanese government will take a high taxation fees for Japanese traders soon. I remember it is from 35% to 55% per trader/year (from profit trader earned). It means a trader can spend ~50% total of profit earned from cryptocurrency to the government as a taxation fees, what do you think about this case?

██
           ████ ▄▄▄
          ██  ▄██▄█
         ██ ▄█▀██
        ██▄█▀   ██
       ███▀      ██
     ▄██         ██
   ▄█
██            ██
█▀████    ▄▄▄      ███
▀▀▀██     █▄█▄     ████
  ██        ▀▀██▄▄  ████
 ███████████████▀▀███████
                   █▄█
Protect Your Privacy With Decentralized Internet Protocol
50 Million
Global Users
!     ▐█████▄
     ███████▌
    ▐███████
 ███
████████████▄▄▄
▐██
█████████████████▄
███
██████████████████
 ▀
████████▀▀▀████████
 ▐███████    ████████
 ████████    ███████▀
█████████▄▄████████▀
██████████████████▀
 ██████████████▀▀
  ▀▀███████▀▀▀
LISTED ON               
bithum &
bithum Global
zander09

Activity: 546

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 04:04:33 PM

The general stipulation of the countries that make a ban on Bitcoin is to fight illegal money obtained from criminal activities. But we all know that national currencies are used for illegal money. The most common currency in this area is American dollars.

Not only crypto currency can use in illegal, even fiat can use in criminal activities but they don't ban fiat because fiat is the money we use for everyday ,so for me it is same  in bitcoin, even they ban bitcoin or not criminals are always find ways to do an illegal thing.
Figuran-

Activity: 98

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 04:58:45 PM

Bitcoin or cryptocurrencies in general represent money, and governments hate when they loose control over anything, especially when they loose control over money. So some governments that are scared are choosing to try to ban crypto
DannyHamiltom

Activity: 56
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 05:00:18 PM

I See topics about banning and I want to ask.

Is botcoin really that bad? To banned by other countries?
Do the other government in other countries see something bad?
Can bitcoin be used to locate us?and see what we are doing? In short a Spyware.  

Some countries are so backward that they think bitcoin is a scam. It's anonymous, it's decentralized, it's not controlled by the state, it's likely to have an impact on the country's economy, so it's forbidden to trade bitcoin.
btcCoincart

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 05:00:51 PM

Just simple because they afraid their money will go to value 0!
What can't be controlled then it will be banned for any reason Smiley
Daveeoff

Activity: 611
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 05:18:19 PM

It is out of their control and some people avoid taxes using Bitcoin. The government wants its taxes Smiley
Bous

Activity: 78

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 05:23:22 PM

In my opinion, governments ban Bitcoin because they are afraid of it, as its system is decentralized, so governments have no control on it. And we all know that governments love to control its population.
otandelapaz

Activity: 518
Merit: 115

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 05:25:56 PM

Because they cannot regulate Bitcoin itself, or at least doesn't how to. And because of this, Bitcoin or crypto-currency can be a threat to its economics. Even if Bitcoin have positive influences to its people, these governments will not take risks on something they cannot control.
Bitcoin and any other crypto can be use in illegal actives like money laundering, illegal drugs transactions and many more.
In my tiny knowledge about its technicality, I think you cannot be located by using bitcoin alone. You can be located by your IP address or other information that you provided in the www that connects to bitcoin (email addresses, info you provided to the exchanges etc).
ToddDiaz

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 10:54:14 PM

They do mainly because of legislation issues, but its also because  bitcoin isn't taxed, the argument is that free bitcoin operations weaken the economy
karman383

Activity: 384

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 11:26:15 PM

Point A government's sets bitcoin bann not because they know what bitcoin is and what the bitcoin is, the government is told what it is bitcoin and so on but the government keeps claiming bitcoin as a threat to banking.
Point B government claims bitcoin as a tool to launder money.
Point C government see unstable prices
Just opinion
I agree and support several reasons stated above.Because bitcoin is not controlled by the monetary authority that is central bank, the government must issue or create formal law and regulation relating to bitcoin operation.Under this law
government must be able to controll and try to minimize negative impacts like money laundry, terrorist funding, illegal drug and or weapon purchase, etc. The government also can collect taxe from investment gains which can support the country economy.
Paycoinzzz

Activity: 994
Merit: 503

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 11:28:37 PM

Because they cannot regulate Bitcoin itself, or at least doesn't how to. And because of this, Bitcoin or crypto-currency can be a threat to its economics. Even if Bitcoin have positive influences to its people, these governments will not take risks on something they cannot control.
Bitcoin and any other crypto can be use in illegal actives like money laundering, illegal drugs transactions and many more.
In my tiny knowledge about its technicality, I think you cannot be located by using bitcoin alone. You can be located by your IP address or other information that you provided in the www that connects to bitcoin (email addresses, info you provided to the exchanges etc).

Nothing is anonymous forever, Bitcoin was the best coin for the criminal in few years ago.
But, why do they change to use Monero?
You must to know they have reason to use Monero instead of Bitcoin, because the liquidty of Monero is worse than Bitcoin.
ayeba

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 06:06:50 AM

Claims proves that it's the first decentralized peer-to-peer payment network that is powered by its users with no central authority or middlemen. That lack of central authority is the primary reason governments are afraid of the cryptocurrency. To understand this fear, it is important to know a little bit about governments and...
Snaic

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 06:16:21 AM

Restricting the currency inside the country, the Chinese government indicated that the crypto currency is a threat to the country's economy because it allows uncontrolled withdrawal of funds outside the country. Another motivation was that the crypto currency could be used by criminals. Because it is anonymous for transactions. After the December surge in bitcoin in price, some countries began to restrict the circulation of bitcoin due to the fact that it proved to be a usual financial bubble. It explained its actions by the need to protect the interests of its citizens.

mrayazgul

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 03:35:22 PM

Bitcoins has a feature of anonymous transaction. In simple words you can't reach to that people who is making transaction and paying for some stuff. Since there's no identity required to make transaction so peoples use this fact in illegal activities. So to prevent these illegal things Governments are willing to ban bitcoin and its use.
Itjoker

Activity: 532
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 04:12:41 PM

This is all because states are simply afraid of losing control of the monetary system. I think it is just temporarily. Because they can just make huge profit on it. I think they would not ban it in the future, but they (or conglomerates of banks) would manipulate with it through their big capital.
farukahmed

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 04:18:59 PM

Many countries are not accepted in bitcoin but they are use in bitcoin. bitcoin is one kind of cryptocurrency but govt can't accept in currency but they aren't  smoothly translation. before few days ago i see the news bitcoin is not accept in many countries. actually bitcoin is the better think for product buy and sell. There are many booth in bitcoin they are freely transaction in bitcoin. i said that govt should follow accept the bitcoin.

∎∎∎∎∎∎∎∎   BlockMembers.io   ∎∎∎∎∎∎∎∎
|▌ THE FUTURE OF HOME BUILDING IS HERE ▐|
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 »
  Print  

Jump to: