Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 09:12:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do some government ban bitcoin?  (Read 12574 times)
Genosx

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 11:03:13 AM

I think the government always decide what is  the best from the both parties and make decision neutrally and free from bias.
The government banned bitcoin because they are not yet ready for that opportunity since they are not capable off. In this case they protect also the future of bitcoin from their country.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Phyton76

Activity: 504
Merit: 268

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 11:10:01 AM

Because people need btc and they are very confident in using it so they are having to much demand in it, but it doesnt mean that there is no effect, the effect is the people that use btc for illegal, they earn it much and use it for criminalities and for drugs and other uses, or sometimes it is over use and the currency is nearly replaced
boyptc

Activity: 2996
Merit: 680

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 11:10:51 AM

Some countries have banned bikoyun because it could affect their state income tax, and could also affect economic services.
They believe that banks no longer have the power, and this will be a change in bitcoins

They are banning it because people will boycott banking services and the banks are the ones that will push their authority and rights to be used by the people or else they will not contribute to pay higher tax. But other countries are banning bitcoin as they are only looking on it's bad side.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Estreal

Activity: 57
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 11:19:08 AM

Its quite obvious to all that banks generally charge fees for doing anything with money, even just holding on to it. That's because the banks have created a level of trust that transactions pass smoothly and everything is recorded and accounted for correctly.

But bitcoin as a currency is digital it is open to being copied and spent more than once - something banks stop with physical currency.It enables one digital wallet (that can be stored on a phone) to directly connect with another securely and process a transaction.As such, it removes the need for any kind of traditional bank or regulator.
Hence, banks aren't happy about being made obsolete and with help from governments  they will do all they can to clamp down on cryptocurrency.

blckhawk

Activity: 1498
Merit: 328

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 11:23:12 AM

I See topics about banning and I want to ask.

Is botcoin really that bad? To banned by other countries?
Do the other government in other countries see something bad?
Can bitcoin be used to locate us?and see what we are doing? In short a Spyware.  

I guess some countries banned bitcoin because they see it as a threat and some countries banned bitcoin just because they could not control it. Bitcoin is anonymous and those government cannot manage it. They banned bitcoin because of its anonymity, they think it is being used of bad people in thier evil deeds.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
belalangsembah

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 11:28:41 AM

I think some governments are not banning bitcoins, but the government has not just legalized bitcoin currency to use a legitimate transaction tool in the country, probably because its bitcoin value can not be affected by any country policy
HalfDeck

Activity: 223
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 10:30:33 PM

I guess some countries banned bitcoin because they see it as a threat and some countries banned bitcoin just because they could not control it. Bitcoin is anonymous and those government cannot manage it. They banned bitcoin because of its anonymity, they think it is being used of bad people in thier evil deeds.
In my opinion, it is not the reason to make the government want to ban Bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Look at the volatility of Bitcoin in this month or the volatility of altcoin on the cryptocurrency market. In one week, some altcoins changed the value ~300% - 500%, it is crazy and has speculative nature.
WishMeBad

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 10:31:02 PM

Because they can't control bitcoin in any manner, some govs ban and others do taxes on it.
ArnoldChippy

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 11:20:47 PM

I think the government always decide what is  the best from the both parties and make decision neutrally and free from bias.
The government banned bitcoin because they are not yet ready for that opportunity since they are not capable off. In this case they protect also the future of bitcoin from their country.
government still not sure about the impact of crypto currency on their economy, I think they are worrying about that crypto currencies will have bad effect on their economy therefore they are trying to bane bitcoin and othe rcrypto currencies. but i hope that very soon they will realize te need of crypto currencies and will change their decision about bitcoin and other crypto currenices and hopefully will turn bitcoin as legal currency.

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌      ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀
▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌
▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄
▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀
ivy|..FACILITATING SECURE, TRANSPARENT...........
BUSINESS PAYMENTS ON A GLOBAL SCALE....

..─────────  ❱❱  WHITEPAPER  ❰❰  ─────────..
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|.JOIN US NOW!.|
doomloop

Activity: 2282
Merit: 581

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 03:00:58 PM

Some countries have banned bikoyun because it could affect their state income tax, and could also affect economic services.
They believe that banks no longer have the power, and this will be a change in bitcoins

They are banning it because people will boycott banking services and the banks are the ones that will push their authority and rights to be used by the people or else they will not contribute to pay higher tax. But other countries are banning bitcoin as they are only looking on it's bad side.
Absolutely if bitcoin will get in market and people will be aware of all features of bitcoin they will quit using banks and other investing and will get into bitcoin so it is the main reason for bitcoin banning in countries. In my country bitcoin is best investment right now a most of the people who are making money are trying bitcoin and in future it will get high place as high as real money in my country.

thenameisjay

Activity: 462

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 03:06:37 PM

I think it is because bitcoins are weakening their fiat money like Dollars. Bitcoin costs so much more than dollars. That's why government will ban these bitcoins to further stop the decline od the value of their money. What I also think is that the government hates trading in bitcoins for cash.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
jirene21

Activity: 140

BookiePro.Fun - The World's Betting Exchange

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 03:20:32 PM

Because due to the rise of bitcoin banks are becoming useless.  If a bank lose all its user then the bank would go bankrupt then the government will lose a sponsor for money that's why we are banned

fanita

Activity: 230

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 03:24:05 PM

perhaps the government's fear of citizens using bitcoin for illegal activities once known to the state security authorities, so the government is afraid of its citizens to fall into the wrong path. but for me bitcoin is very good for use by citizens for its economic development, there must be guidance from the authorities in order not to use bitcoin. with the guidance that citizens will be better to organize the future and its economy.

albert11

Activity: 679
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 03:37:07 PM
Last edit: December 26, 2017, 07:38:28 AM by albert11

I think it is because bitcoins are weakening their fiat money like Dollars. Bitcoin costs so much more than dollars. That's why government will ban these bitcoins to further stop the decline od the value of their money. What I also think is that the government hates trading in bitcoins for cash.

Bitcoin involves money. A real huge amount of money. And those things affect every country's economy in a huge way. Since the government can't regulate all of the transactions here, they will ban it. People who earn money in bitcoin don't pay taxes. And also, bitcoin can also be used for money laundering and some other things like scams that is very alarming for all the people who use it.

████████████████████
           ██████████████████████
          ████                ████
         ████   █████   ████   ████
        ████   ███████ ██████   ████
       ████   ████ ████   ████   ████
      ████   ████   ████   ████   ████
     ████   ████  ██ ████   ████ 
    ████   ████   ██  ████
    ████   ████   ███  ████
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███    ███
     ████   ████   ████ ████ ████
      ████   ████   ████ ██ ████  ████
       ████   ████   ████ ████   ████
        ████   ██████ ██████    ████
         ████   ████   ████    ████
          ████                ████
           ██████████████████████
            ████████████████████
I N D X
Rosilito

Activity: 658
Merit: 274

Wish for the rain? Then deal with the mud too.

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 04:21:13 PM

It is because bitcoin could be use for an exchange to something to do some unlawful act. Bitcoin functions as money, and money can be for an exchange to kill, sex or drugs but money cannot buy life but can ensure you to survive. Thus, the same thing goes to bitcoin because it is also definitely a money through a virtual world. That is why government ban bitcoin because it can use to exchange something like that without getting notice by government, specially there are lot of people who uses technology so it is easy for them to do some transaction .
plaintiff77

Activity: 224

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 04:29:57 PM

Some government ban bitcoin because bitcoin has no tax that is the reason why they ban it and also bitcoin is out of control of the central bank.They also say that bitcoin is being use by terrorist and druglords in their illegal transactions and they cant track it but to those people who earn bitcoin in a good way really want bitcoin to stay forever because it really helps the alot with regards to their financial problem.
Rony321

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 04:37:53 PM

The reason it is banned by the government is that all the government wants that any business or capital which means income tax is taxed. If a business does not pay taxes to the government, then the government excludes that business. Since Bitcoin does not pay taxes to the government, it is not normal to give up. Although in some countries Bitcoin is allowing the government but there is no acceptance of Bitcoin in our country.
Goodsamaritan

Activity: 84

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 04:38:44 PM

I believe it is because of the reasons such as they cannot control it which bankers hate, mostly by the government. This makes them team up in finding a way to resolve their threat which is by closing the account of the user.
maynguyen

Activity: 163

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 04:56:49 PM

Some governments forbid bitcoin because they do not want the people of the country they use bitcoin. Bitcoin is digital money, the government can not control the number of users as well as can not tax and bitcoin. Not only that, more people use bitcoin, the benefits of the banks will be low.

jmiro1

Activity: 235
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 05:31:35 PM

The government certainly would not like it if they could not track your incomes and they would hate it so much if the citizens can able to find a way to avoid paying taxes. No wonder they banned Bitcoins or any other crypto currency. Think about a time when the offices start paying their employees through bitcoins. If that start happening in your country, do you think the government in your country would not ban bitcoins?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 »
  Print  

Jump to: