Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:18:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 76 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do some government ban bitcoin?  (Read 12574 times)
dillpicklechips

Activity: 994
Merit: 507

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 07:37:56 AM

I See topics about banning and I want to ask.

Is botcoin really that bad? To banned by other countries?
Do the other government in other countries see something bad?
Can bitcoin be used to locate us?and see what we are doing? In short a Spyware.  

They can't regulate Bitcoin. Yep. That's the main reason why they ban it. Though some don't since they can somehow regulate it and understands very well that Bitcoin is a great opportunity which can bring economic growth in their country and help their citizens to discover other way of earning and be productive.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 07:40:25 AM

Well, there are a range of reasons. The most obvious is that they think bitcoin is going to become mainstream and therefore want to stop it before it does. They have interest in seeing bitcoin fail, as they currently have control over the monetary supply.

With bitcoin, they have no power to regulate everything.

Obviously they can't ban bitcoin per se but they can definitely ban bitcoin exchanges or add AML or KYC laws that make it unfeasible for anyone to open a new account and trade at exchanges for btc.
SushGo

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 07:43:04 AM

I think few countries government has banned the bitcoins, mainly because it is decentralized currency and they have no control over its transaction.
iyan33

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 07:45:53 AM

Well, there are a range of reasons. The most obvious is that they think bitcoin is going to become mainstream and therefore want to stop it before it does. They have interest in seeing bitcoin fail, as they currently have control over the monetary supply.

With bitcoin, they have no power to regulate everything.

Obviously they can't ban bitcoin per se but they can definitely ban bitcoin exchanges or add AML or KYC laws that make it unfeasible for anyone to open a new account and trade at exchanges for btc.

I do not think that is a fundamental reason to ban the use of bitcoins, and it seems the government needs to review the rules prohibiting the use of bitcoin in the country.
RoadToBTC

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 07:52:05 AM

Difficult to oversee the transactions made by the people tend to lead some countries aren't accepted bitcoin yet. Countries are losing potential taxes in large amounts.
AGD
Legendary

Activity: 2069
Merit: 1164

Keeper of the Private Key

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 07:54:19 AM

- Why do some government ban bitcoin?
Which government is banning Bitcoin?

- Is botcoin really that bad?

I don't know this coin. Is it bad?

- To banned by other countries?
 Huh

- Do the other government in other countries see something bad?
 Huh

- Can bitcoin be used to locate us?
Yes

- and see what we are doing?
No

-  In short a Spyware.
Yes. If you use a compromised wallet it can contain spyware/virus/RAT etc

Bitcoin is not a bubble, it's the pin!
+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
Fundalini

Activity: 644
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 08:28:42 AM

They probably have no means of regulating it and see it as a threat to the stability of their economy.

Btw, what government/countries do you speak of OP? I think there are too little countries that ban bitcoin that won't even bother us - https://coin.dance/poli#legalitybycountry
n4poleon

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 08:31:51 AM

Some countries prohibit its citizens to use it because bitcoin has been use before in illegal activities that was uncovered by the authorities and they are afraid that its citizens will have an idea of using it for the same purpose. Because of its anonymity, some people who do something unlawful prefer to use it instead of payment option that is traceable and that's why some media also emphasize more the negativity of using bitcoin and other crypto that's why others prefer not to be involved with it.

Don't confuse pseudonymous with anonymity. Bitcoin transactions are transparent, it is not anonymous as you put it. If the fed want to analyze a specific transaction and trace who's the person, they can totally do it. Bitcoin is still in the process of improving anonymity once lightning is activated fungibility goes through the roof, and anonymity goes through the roof. There are cryptocurrency projects that focuses on fungibility such as monero and others.
umbara ardian

Activity: 1344
Merit: 259

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 08:40:22 AM

I do not think they like bitcoin just because the bitcoin movement is very active. minutes can be changed bitcoin considered illegitimate as a means of payment. and be aware that bitcoin every country has different reasons for refusing bitcoin so I think the conclusion of all this is that they ban bitcoin in their country just because they are afraid their currency is weak because everyone wants bitcoin.

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
severaldetails

Activity: 959
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 08:41:05 AM

Some governments fear an increase of hard criminality like drugdealing in their countries to come along with crypto currencies.
Other governments are afraid that its citizens become victims of fraud and scam.
The wish to controle the flow of money is another reason for a government to ban crypto currencies, because they fear money is being moved abroad.
I think that most of those fears are largely exaggerated.
kenkoy

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 08:42:05 AM

The mere fact that Bitcoin is decentralized, then no one owns it. It is for everyone. Bitcoin is not bad and its an improvement of the currency of the enxt generation. Other countries banned due to the fact that they have not yet set a laws and regulations for cryptocurrency. Some people are taking the advantage of ICO and create it as a scam. That is the government are afraid of.

DRAFTCOINS ║║█ CRYPTO PORTFOLIO COMPETITIONS █║║ ANN THREAD
1) Create an account   2) Draft your crypto portfolio   3) Win prizes
[Twitter]▬[Facebook]▬▬▬
erickkyut

Activity: 1176
Merit: 509

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 08:43:58 AM

Bitcoin is not bad. It is being banned by other countries because it is decentralized and the government has no control over it. Aside from that, it is very risky and some countries don't want to promote it to their citizens. It is also being used in illegal activities. Maybe the government are afraid that it might be used for terrorism. Bitcoin cannot be used to locate us and see what we are doing.
mothergodness

Activity: 216

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 09:01:05 AM

Governments can not control bitcoins and this destroys profits for the state, especially where many funds go into the pockets of officials. Until they collect taxes from Bitcoin they will not allow it in the country.

Fortress12345

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 09:44:42 AM

I am also curious about it like you. I am thinking why they need to ban it despite that it can help their country to earn more that can also help their economy. But I think it is because bitcoin is decentralized that no one can control and the people choosing it over banks that they can manage. The government can’t touch what other people gain just like adding taxes or anything.

supandi wiharja

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

Earn crypto for being contacted

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 10:08:38 AM

I think the government is afraid of bitcoin, because they think bitcoin will beat paper money from a country.
In addition, many people abuse it like a terrorist, they use bitcoin to buy weapons they will use to disrupt the regime in a country, because bitcoin transactions can not be traced by the government.
Perhaps because of that, the government ban on bitcoin.

Hagmonar

Activity: 406

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 10:12:20 AM

No bitcoin is not bad the reasons why some goverments ban bitcoin its because bitcoin is discentralise and not control by the goverments or a bank crypto currency is fully control by people who own there money
crismass1225

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 10:27:47 AM

bitcoin is not made to be illegal it is just people take advantage of it anonymity and take it to illegal transaction of buying and selling stuffs. Traceable "YES" but government need to check the blockchain with over 200k transaction every day [good luck to the effort and i'll give them A++ if they really trace it]

some government in other country dont see bad on bitcoin but people taking abuse of it function thats why they ban it. but if you are referring to China they only ban ICO and not bitcoin.

Sohailul

Activity: 546

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 10:32:56 AM

No my brother bitcoin is really good coin. We know that bitcoin is worlds best high coin. But many country support it. And many country not support it. So it is big problem. However, we go on our work with bitcoin because this coin can change our life.
Haiduongbg

Activity: 121
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2017, 10:43:10 AM

Because they cannot control it so they ban it. If all money go through banks, the governments can control the inflow and outflow of money of their countries. When Bitcoin appears, they can do nothing with it.
jakoylantern

Activity: 560
Merit: 107

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 11:04:43 AM

For me some government ban bitcoins because they can't really track the other transactions , what are they buying using bitcoins like buying smuggled goods , using it on the black market and other illegal work . Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 76 »
  Print  

Jump to: