Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 01:28:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [EAC] EarthCoin (EAC) - AUX-POW merged mining scrypt coin  (Read 41329 times)
nanfeiyan

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 07:04:25 AM

Version 1.5.2 implements the protection against a large block reorganization and marks all coins extracted in the monopoly episode as invalid.
it means that we will lost money on jubi.if jubi and btc38 use the new wallet,the coins from the attacter will be lost.
Sandokaaan (OP)

Activity: 170
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 07:09:43 AM

Nova is still in maintance, right?

NovaExchange opened the EAC market. My test deposit was confirmed!
They runs on wallet 1.5.1, required number of confirmations for deposit is 250.
Make sure you have the upgradeded version of EAC wallet, prior to your transaction from/to NovaExchange.
Transactions from/to wallet version 1.3.x or 1.4.0 may be lost!
nanfeiyan

Activity: 224

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 07:11:25 AM

important changes:
 - Protection against a large block reorganization - matured blocks never become orphans

can you explain this?if I keep my coins in the old wallet 1.3.x,will it become orphans again.
usechain

Activity: 246
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 07:22:39 AM

I remember Earthcoin. I think it should stay in the dirt.
it's a shit coin as I see,don't hold it even 1 coin
Sandokaaan (OP)

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 07:28:12 AM

Version 1.5.2 implements the protection against a large block reorganization and marks all coins extracted in the monopoly episode as invalid.
it means that we will lost money on jubi.if jubi and btc38 use the new wallet,the coins from the attacter will be lost.

First of all, it is a protection against the double spent. There was some time interval of two parralel blockchain for this coin and coins spent in one branch remained unspent in the other one. This does not apply to coins sent to an exchange, those coins were spent and there is no easy way how to censor them. You surely will lost your coins if you were one of the attackers. If you only bought coins on Jubi, I do not know, if they were the coins from attackers or from other earlier miners. Because Jubi runs on an old version of wallet, I recommend to do the withdrawal from Jubi into the old wallet, then make a backup and try to upgrade to the new wallet version. If your coins survive, then they were valid and can be used.
earthcoin

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2017, 07:50:06 AM

Make sure you have the upgradeded version of EAC wallet, prior to your transaction from/to NovaExchange.

I'm on a mac, hence still 1.3, and I just transferred to Nova without a problem as well (not to say others will or won't be smooth, I'm just posting my successful test).

A (real) Grass Roots Revolution :: http://www.GetEarthCoin.com >> Get Involved!
moonswamp

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 08:06:42 AM

First of all, it is a protection against the double spent. There was some time interval of two parralel blockchain for this coin and coins spent in one branch remained unspent in the other one. This does not apply to coins sent to an exchange, those coins were spent and there is no easy way how to censor them. You surely will lost your coins if you were one of the attackers. If you only bought coins on Jubi, I do not know, if they were the coins from attackers or from other earlier miners. Because Jubi runs on an old version of wallet, I recommend to do the withdrawal from Jubi into the old wallet, then make a backup and try to upgrade to the new wallet version. If your coins survive, then they were valid and can be used.

..... Just withdraw the EAC to my new wallet....I bought them on Jubi,  will I lost them ?
Sandokaaan (OP)

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 09:30:47 AM

I'm on a mac, hence still 1.3, and I just transferred to Nova without a problem as well (not to say others will or won't be smooth, I'm just posting my successful test).

Thanks for the test.
Sandokaaan (OP)

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 09:32:34 AM

..... Just withdraw the EAC to my new wallet....I bought them on Jubi,  will I lost them ?

try to make a small test deposit to NovaExchange.
rekaona

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 09:34:45 AM

This old coin brought me a lot of surprises, expect more profits
Sandokaaan (OP)

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 09:55:13 AM

important changes:
 - Protection against a large block reorganization - matured blocks never become orphans

can you explain this?if I keep my coins in the old wallet 1.3.x,will it become orphans again.

A block that get 30 confirmations in the new network will never be orphaned. The old network of 1.3.x nodes is not affected by this protection. I you are a miner and you are mining still on a 1.3.x node, then it is very probable, that your blocks become orphans, because 1.3.x network is still controled by the attackers and they can force to become orphans all blocks mined by someone other. If you have coins in your 1.3.x wallet, you can try to send them to NovaExchange. Do a small deposit as a test. Other choice is to make a full bacup of your old wallet and try to upgrade.
Sandokaaan (OP)

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 10:40:30 AM

Bootstrap file for a faster sync of 1.5.2 wallet: https://mega.nz/#!4S4UnBYL!ra_Tyf3nJwi9YXb-Dgz0OGIBKNJzqzWHJaMabPtp2D8
moonswamp

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 05:11:45 PM

..... Just withdraw the EAC to my new wallet....I bought them on Jubi,  will I lost them ?

I have lost all of them, spent me 5000CNY... it's so sad, where can I get it back ?
hehe...

Activity: 4

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 02:10:37 AM

How have you solved the problem the coin had?
请问1.5.1版本怎么下载,能兼容1.3.1 、1.3.3、 1.3.4的交易吗?
hehe...

Activity: 4

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 02:17:06 AM

EarthCoin (EAC), one of the "classic" altcoins that has been here since 2013, was controled by a group of hackers for several months, who did not let anyone else mining this coin. Any attempt to extract a block of this coin failed up to now - all the blocks found by someone other were promptly orphaned. The original EarthCoin developer team did nothing to stop this mining monopoly, so we have decided to take the initiative and get this coin out of the clutches of those evil miners.

We have made the necessary changes to the source code and created a new network in which anyone can freely extract EarthCoin blocks. The party is now coming to the end. To follow this new, liberated EarthCoin, start using the following wallet.

New version 1.5.2. Upgrade your wallet as soon as possible!
Source code: https://github.com/Sandokaaan/earthcoin
Windows 32/64 bit: https://mega.nz/#!UTQRFY7Q!pl7Z3UBxhTDG-qfCQEUY6P7WBmjo7LAW5V2bSanlQ5I
Linux 64 bit QT: https://mega.nz/#!tDQS3JIQ!1qbSlSuhwNOmh2k8a0yeT-Sezt7VIWjpQ_NQhHIIGnM
Workaround if sync from scratch or from version 1.3.x failed: do the sync with wallet version 1.5.1 and then upgrade to 1.5.2. The code will be fixed in a few moments. Fixed, sync should work now - compare your blockheight with blockexplorer.
Bootstrap file for a faster sync can be downloaded here:
https://mega.nz/#!4S4UnBYL!ra_Tyf3nJwi9YXb-Dgz0OGIBKNJzqzWHJaMabPtp2D8

To see the new blockchain you can use one of these block explorers:
http://explorer.eacpool.com/
http://eacpool.com:3001/
http://80.211.198.20/
*Old block explorers (occasionally can show the old blockchain):
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/eac/
https://prohashing.com/explorer/Earthcoin/

*Mining pools (feel free to add your own):
eac.smarterhash.com
eacpool.com
http://199.168.103.122:8080

http://pool.iphonejh.com

*Exchange:
https://novaexchange.com/market/BTC_EAC/
https://www.coingather.com/exchange/EAC/BTC

For those who have never heard about the EarthCoin, there are some technical parameters:
- algo SCRYPT
- mining type POW
- block time 60 s
- block reward variable - superblocks every 14 and 31 day, seasonal bonuses

Primary announcement of the EarthCoin can be found here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=379236.0
EarthCoin is listed on coinmarketcap https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/earthcoin/

Warning: Do not send your EarthCoins (EAC) in the next few days, the network can be temporarily unstable and you might lose you cions. Once the transaction is secure, a message will appear here.
Make sure your are using wallet version 1.5.1 or 1.5.2 before you send your EarthCoins.

Older versions EarthCoin wallets (1.3.2, 1.3.3, 1.3.4, 1.4.0) are still under the control of attackers and will not be supported after Sept-24, 2017. Upgrade your EarthCoin wallet to the newest version 1.5.2.
Upgrade is mandatory for all miners and mining pool operators.
Version 1.5.1 is compatible but can experience a higher ratio of invalid blocks.

请问1.5.1版本怎么下载,能兼容1.3.1,1.3.3,1.3.4的交易吗?
jerry3k5jamiso1

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 04:53:36 AM

you can speak english
Sandokaaan (OP)

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 06:51:58 AM

..... Just withdraw the EAC to my new wallet....I bought them on Jubi,  will I lost them ?

I have lost all of them, spent me 5000CNY... it's so sad, where can I get it back ?

Describe what did you excactly do. Lost in upgrade or not confirmed deposit?
Sandokaaan (OP)

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 06:58:02 AM

you can speak english

Version 1.5.2 - binaries for windows, linux and the source code - see the frist post in this thread.
Looking for someone capable of compiling for Mac!
dbkeys

Activity: 485
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 02:08:49 PM

I’m glad I checked in. Congratulation Sandokaan, and kudos as well to smarterhash for the support.
I’ve  been running a node (wallet) of EarthCoin for a long time as an early supporter, so of course I’ve now upgraded to v1.5.2 from the latest on Sandokaan’s https://github.com/Sandokaaan/earthcoin

The version number reported is still 1.4 (104000) by the RPC JSON command getinfo (shouldn’t it be 10501000 or some such ?) and there is a warrning error given:
Code:

coins@tesla:/b2/earthcoin-data > eac getinfo;
{   
    "version" : 1040000,
    "protocolversion" : 70002,
    "walletversion" : 60000,
    "balance" : 0.00000000,
    "blocks" : 1589151,
    "timeoffset" : -1,
    "connections" : 4,
    "proxy" : "",
    "difficulty" : 5.36469424,
    "testnet" : false,
    "keypoololdest" : 1444078210,
    "keypoolsize" : 1025,
    "paytxfee" : 0.00000000,
    "mininput" : 0.00001000,
    "errors" : "This is a pre-release test build - use at your own risk - do not use for mining or merchant applications"
}

DNS Seeder / Node Trackers
moonswamp

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 03:58:00 PM

Describe what did you excactly do. Lost in upgrade or not confirmed deposit?

No wallet before, just trade the EAC on Jubi

I installed the newest 1.52 wallet some days ago , then withdraw EAC from Jubi,  it show me that the coin has been transferred to my wallet.    but there is nothing in my wallet now!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: