Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 04:00:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: List of ongoing scams  (Read 19476 times)
PrintMule

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

FREE $50 BONUS - STAKE - [click signature]

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 12:02:20 PM

owner is an ex-con (and not the good kind either).

Does anyone have any more information about this?

just google it, there's a lot of info on that fraud, with mugshots and etc

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▀        ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ███████████████████████████████████████████████
█████    ▄█████████▌   ▐█████▀  ▐███████████████▌  ▀██████████████████
████▌   ▐██████████    █████    ████████████████    ██████████████████
████▌   ▐█████████▄▄▄▄█████▌   ▐███████████████▌   ▐███▀▀█████████████
█████    ▀███████████████▀▀        ▄███████████    ██▀   ▐████████████
██████▄     ▀▀███████▀▀         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀█████▌   ▐▀   ▄███▀▀   ▀█████
█████████▄▄     ▀▀███▄  ▄▄    ████▀    ▄   ███       ▄███▀   ▄█  ▐████
█████████████▄▄     ▀████▌   ▐███▀   ███   ██▌      ████    ██▀  █████
██████▀▀   ▀█████▄    ███    ████   ███▌  ▐██    ▌  ▐██▌      ▄▄██████
█████    ▄████████    ▐██    ██▀▀   ██▀   ▐▀    ▐█   ██▌   ▀██▀▀  ████
████▌   ▐████████▀    ███▄     ▄▄▄     ▄    ▄   ▐██   ██▄      ▄▄█████
████▌   ███████▀    ▄███████████████████████████████▄  ▀▀██████▀▀ ████
█████    ▀▀▀▀     ▄█████████▀    ▀█▀    ▀█       ▀████▄▄         ▄████
██████▄▄    ▄▄▄▄████████████  █████  ██  █  █  █  ████████████████████
█████████████████████████  █▄    ▄█▄    ▄█  █  █  ████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀▐▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀    ▄▀█████▀     ▀█▄
▄█▄    █        ▀▄   ███▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▄       ▄▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████      ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀       ███
███     ▄▄███████▄▄     ▄▀█
█  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀███████▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █
▀█   █     ▀███▀     ▀▄  █▀
▀█▄▄█▄      █        █▄█▀
▀█████▄ ▄▀▀ ▀▀▄▄ ▄▄███▀
▀█████        ████▀
▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀
● OVER 1000 GAMES
● DAILY RACES AND BONUSES
● 24/7 LIVE SUPPORT
tmbp (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 12:04:02 PM

owner is an ex-con (and not the good kind either).

Does anyone have any more information about this?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=110805.msg1206567#msg1206567

Please add BitBox.mx to this list. Heres a link to the thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=227121.0

Adding.
Cryptoin

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 06:11:49 PM

Please review the status of Bitbox.mx.  I have personally met the founders and used the site with no problems.  Read the original accusation thread and you will find the accuser is being completely unreasonable and irrational.
tmbp (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 08:59:17 PM

Please review the status of Bitbox.mx.  I have personally met the founders and used the site with no problems.  Read the original accusation thread and you will find the accuser is being completely unreasonable and irrational.

What part exactly is unreasonable or irrational? The part where he heeds the advice of his lawyer and does not answer the phone when called? He doesn't need to answer anything to get his money back, if he would have paid with Paypal he could have reversed the payment because they would be labeled as scammers, no reason this should be different with a bank transfer.

They can argue that he had agreed to these terms and conditions but terms and conditions aren't above the law, they are merely a textual collection of the companies morals, e.g. if I explicitly write "OUR COMPANY HAS THE RIGHT TO SCAM YOU OUT OF YOUR MONEY" it doesn't make me right in the event that we do.

Paypal and eBay are guilty of this although to a lesser degree, fortunately not so many people get into trouble with them so most don't find out about their rotten side.
Darktongue

Activity: 574

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 10:54:53 PM

They didn't call they provided a number and asked him to call.  I will say you can't hate the guy for being uneasy. However his comment of "Should I write a letter and string this out 30-90 days or talk to my bank and get it done in 10 days. .. That to me shows like you.  He likes the drama.  Everyone seems to have a lawyer these days.  That or it sounds good.  I'm going to go with it sounding good.

Further he's totally unware of the ToS rules when it comes to money related websites.  PayPal has a refined well written ToS that states in more legal terms the same shit.  If they think you are doing something kookers they will shut you down.  PayPal makes you do everything but piss in a cup.  Usually twice over before they leave you alone for awhile.

tmbp (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 12:31:22 AM

They didn't call they provided a number and asked him to call.  I will say you can't hate the guy for being uneasy. However his comment of "Should I write a letter and string this out 30-90 days or talk to my bank and get it done in 10 days. .. That to me shows like you.  He likes the drama.  Everyone seems to have a lawyer these days.  That or it sounds good.  I'm going to go with it sounding good.

Further he's totally unware of the ToS rules when it comes to money related websites.  PayPal has a refined well written ToS that states in more legal terms the same shit.  If they think you are doing something kookers they will shut you down.  PayPal makes you do everything but piss in a cup.  Usually twice over before they leave you alone for awhile.

I have addressed all of those points, I do not follow how being unaware of an inherently dishonest Terms of Service is even a valid argument, he should have received his funds back period, offering the service is of course at their discretion.
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2013, 04:10:34 AM
Last edit: June 14, 2013, 07:29:35 PM by DiamondCardz

All the people who support this thread and try to get more sites on it are junior members.

What the actual fuck? I would neg-rep tmbp for accusing sites of scamming with no solid proof, but he'd probably revenge rep me lmao.

Show actual screenshot proof, with a good word summary rather than 3 fucking sentences that have no proof to back themselves up, and i'll pay you 0.01 BTC per site you find as a scam.

I'll offer it for the following sites, which i'm 99% sure are not scams. If the owners of the sites themselves would like to offer bounties too if this person can *find* that they are scammers, they're welcome to. Let's see how bad this person really is.

PrimeDice
Bit777
Satoshidice
BitBet.us (note: I do not want instances of draws or whatever, I want solid proof that it ate your money and that no-one got it)
SealsWithClubs

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
tmbp (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 12:00:15 AM

All the people who support this thread and try to get more sites on it are junior members.

What the actual fuck? I would neg-rep tmbp for accusing sites of scamming with no solid proof, but he'd probably revenge rep me lmao.

Show actual screenshot proof, with a good word summary rather than 3 fucking sentences that have no proof to back themselves up, and i'll pay you 0.01 BTC per site you find as a scam.

I'll offer it for the following sites, which i'm 99% sure are not scams. If the owners of the sites themselves would like to offer bounties too if this person can *find* that they are scammers, they're welcome to. Let's see how bad this person really is.

PrimeDice
Bit777
Satoshidice
BitBet.us (note: I do not want instances of draws or whatever, I want solid proof that it ate your money and that no-one got it)
SealsWithClubs

You do know that this would be a misuse of the trust system?
tmbp (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 12:40:28 AM

Bump for the truth
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2013, 01:36:56 AM

Prove prime dice is a scam......

Don't have a horse in this race, but this is the first time I've seen a red trust thingy along with such a high negative count. Not taking time to see if the two aspects are related, but that's probably proof enough for most people, unless they're BFL investors/shills/sockpuppets/family/short bus passenger.
tmbp (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 03:29:44 PM

Don't have a horse in this race, but this is the first time I've seen a red trust thingy along with such a high negative count. Not taking time to see if the two aspects are related, but that's probably proof enough for most people, unless they're BFL investors/shills/sockpuppets/family/short bus passenger.

+1
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 03:55:24 PM

And there is your proof for Theymos why negative untrusted feedback spam still affects reputation. Sorry Theymos, you lose. Add rebuttals to your broken libel machine.

Bitcoin Scammer

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2013, 03:53:01 PM

There are a lot of members who have been victums of scammers that PM me about adding sites to bitcoinscammers.com I'm adding bitbet but I'd like more information on the scam because it looks p2p without owner interference.

DON'T GET SCAMMED, CHECK FIRST = Bitcoinscammers.com
rikur

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 09:52:20 PM

I'd like to hear your opinion on BitBet:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=192122.0

One thing is for sure: he has no respect for his customers.

That link has my experience with BitBet.us. More will probably follow once they skin the bettors from this bet set to expiry end of July: http://bitbet.us/bet/307/bfl-will-deliver-asic-devices-before-july-1st/
tmbp (OP)

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 10:04:34 PM

There are a lot of members who have been victums of scammers that PM me about adding sites to bitcoinscammers.com I'm adding bitbet but I'd like more information on the scam because it looks p2p without owner interference.

Seems like a legit website, thank you for your efforts in protecting the community.
Atruk

Activity: 700

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 12:23:45 AM

Bitbet.us is about as legit as parimutuel betting sites get. While some things the proprietor says on their blog are controversial, Mircea is probably one of the most informed actors in BTC finance.

I could see S.DICE (the security) going on the warning list though after Erik pulled the stunt earlier this month (later rescinded) where he would withhold dividends to pay back the betting pool which had mysteriously turned into a "personal loan" from him to S.Dice. That and the other lax record keeping that may mysteriously arise to bite investors would seem the S.Dice security is at high risk of operator (i.e. Erik) dysfunction. Then there is their mysterious "new improved site" that never appears and questionable payroll expenses.

tmbp (OP)

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 01:02:43 AM

Bitbet.us is about as legit as parimutuel betting sites get. While some things the proprietor says on their blog are controversial, Mircea is probably one of the most informed actors in BTC finance.

I could see S.DICE (the security) going on the warning list though after Erik pulled the stunt earlier this month (later rescinded) where he would withhold dividends to pay back the betting pool which had mysteriously turned into a "personal loan" from him to S.Dice. That and the other lax record keeping that may mysteriously arise to bite investors would seem the S.Dice security is at high risk of operator (i.e. Erik) dysfunction. Then there is their mysterious "new improved site" that never appears and questionable payroll expenses.

Mircea is a proven liar and an elitist idiot, just read his blog, quite fascinating to feel inside of the mind of a douchebag for 5 minutes and Erik well, he's Erik, you can tell about him by the people he is associated with.

I think MPOE-PR is Mircea himself, but that's just all my opinion, no solid proof (aside from the fact that Mircea is a liar).
Atruk

Activity: 700

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 03:07:34 AM

Mircea is a proven liar and an elitist idiot, just read his blog, quite fascinating to feel inside of the mind of a douchebag for 5 minutes and Erik well, he's Erik, you can tell about him by the people he is associated with.

I think MPOE-PR is Mircea himself, but that's just all my opinion, no solid proof (aside from the fact that Mircea is a liar).

In addition to the controversial/offensive content he has a lot of useful gems like this piece on hedging as a miner. If anything I think the offensive stuff serves as a filter to weed out readers who aren't serious enough about business to consider the useful information he provides.

I'm also rather certain MPOE-PR is a distinct human being who works for Mircea. He seems busy enough with all the time he spends on IRC, with his other ventures, and with the girls that I think being his own forum PR would require him to possess some sort of time machine. Some sort of device like the one in that confusing film Primer might work.

DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2013, 05:21:23 AM

In addition to the controversial/offensive content he has a lot of useful gems like this piece on hedging as a miner. If anything I think the offensive stuff serves as a filter to weed out readers who aren't serious enough about business to consider the useful information he provides.

I'm also rather certain MPOE-PR is a distinct human being who works for Mircea. He seems busy enough with all the time he spends on IRC, with his other ventures, and with the girls that I think being his own forum PR would require him to possess some sort of time machine. Some sort of device like the one in that confusing film Primer might work.

I agree. There might be some offensive content, but at the end of the day there is a ton of very useful articles, like the one linked above.

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
Bitcoin Scammer

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2013, 09:59:20 PM

MPOE-PR = questionable  member as to them being upset about bitcoinscammers.com and in all out defense of certain proven scammers leads me to believe that you should watch him/her carefully in any transactions. 

DON'T GET SCAMMED, CHECK FIRST = Bitcoinscammers.com
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: