Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 10:33:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Electroneum a SCAM???  (Read 104873 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
santino11

Activity: 448
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 11:47:51 AM

Electroneum hits a successful ICO, the coin is really working and i saw their advertisement before abd it is really awesome.
new comers in cryptoworld have ride their vehicles and many were happy on what happened.
ETN now is sleeping in the bear market, i bought some and im sure this will hit a free money soon.
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
silverston

Activity: 952
Merit: 502

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 12:07:28 PM

When the Electroneum was conducting a bounty campaign, many at some point thought they were scammers and left the campaign - lucky ones who stayed in it and got a good payment!

█████     ████████████████████
█████     ████████████████████
█████                    █████
█████     ██████████     █████
████████████████████     █████
████████████████████     █████
.SWAAP. ▄▄▄▄▄██    ▄▄
 █       ▄▄▀▀▀
 █     ▄▀
▄▄▄   █  ▄▄
▀▀███▄   █▀
██▄███  ▀▀
▄▄▀███  ▀▀▀▀██
▀▀▄███  ▀█
███▀▀ ▄  ██
      ▀▄
 █      ▀▄▄
 █         ▀██
 ▀▀▀▀▀██
⟩⟩.
..For Individuals & Traders..
..For Businesses...................
..For Financial Institutions..
⟩⟩.
Pre-Sale
LIVE on
Uniswap
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
██████████  ██  ████████████
████████         ▀██████████
██████████  ████▄  █████████
██████████  ████▀  █████████
██████████          ▀███████
██████████  ███████  ███████
████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄███████
████████▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄█████████
██████████▄▄██▄▄████████████
████▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████
████   ████             ████
████   ██████████████   ████
████   ████      ████   ████
████             ████   ████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄████
invicta

Activity: 194
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 03:50:01 PM

I believe we all know what prompted the slow pace of the coin. The best option for everyone here is PATIENCE!. I know electroneum will surely recover and stand strong!

All the steps what was intended should be done already... Even coins with one dev going faster..

Yep.

And that was because this shitproject was based on a shitty idea:
Give away free ETN through their mobile «Miner» in hope that people would shill for this coin and increase the value. It obviously didnt happen. The value of Electroneum tanked the minute it was releases.

Then you have this stupid patent lie the CEO of Electroneum Richard Ells have been trying to spin as something revolutionary, which you see these braindead Electroneum shills try to talk great about. Except its a stupid solution. Electroneum is a Monero fork, so its limited by that transaction speed. And Monero is slow. So Richard Ells made a patent that ensure that people get their payments whenever the transaction hits the blockchain. So instead of many minutes it would take to get the transaction complete and paid, it now takes maybe 15-20 seconds with this patent. And it requires special hardware installed in payment systems to allow it to happen. We have Ripple, Nano, dozens of other crypto credit cards, all with real instant payment with no hardware or software requirements. All are finished in a few seconds and fully executed on the blockchain. Nano is even feeless.
Electroneum is basically trying to use a far inferior product and trying to do what other superior crypto projects have done atleast a year ago.

Electroneum have nothing to offer. Its all a scam

That’s what Ethereum is reducing their block reward even, to balance out the coin economics. And then you have ETN just handing the stuff out for free...

Ells is trying to essentially build a Lightning Network second layer for his coin but unfortunately his dev team are totally useless and they can’t do anything right, so a world-class instant payment system, I think not... would anyone have been surprised if he built a payment network in a much shorter time than Bitcoin? Ells is a failed businessman, his marketing company was a joke despite the lies on his LinkedIn and his coin is the same. The only people who are clinging on and shilling are just delusionally trying to hold onto the last vestiges of hope that this might actually be worth something one day. People are predicting it might go as low as 30 sats! Yes, if it hits 30 sats you can wave goodbye to your ASIC miners, something else they don’t seem to understand - they think their phones are actually mining and securing the network... lol.

I hate being that person but when this all blows up I will definitely be standing around saying ‘I told you so’ and I will also be making sure Ells is held to account. In the UK, what he is doing right now would constitute a confidence trick or fraud.
contraband

Activity: 1232
Merit: 528

Community Manager: ETN

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 08:20:00 PM

Check out our thread, so you dont have to speculate on Electroneum.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2353282.7540
invicta

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 09:29:39 PM

Check out our thread, so you dont have to speculate on Electroneum.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2353282.7540

No-one is speculating on anything. This ‘thread’ and their community forum are just hangouts for the shills, you’ll never get an answer to a difficult question and always risk a ban like in that ridiculous Telegram or Discord channel - because surprise surprise, it’s moderated and all you lot do is complain about it being FUD even if it is a valid question or concern. History shows us trying to censor free speech never ends well... Yes, by all means go to that thread or forum if you want to stick your fingers in your ears and see Electroneum through rose-tinted glasses.
Valareos

Activity: 276

BitSong is decentralized music streaming platform.

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 09:43:33 PM

No, it's just a project that chose bad marketing, nothing more.
For me, the way they promote the project is a very strange decision.

BITSONG  ▌ THE FIRST DECENTRALIZED MUSIC STREAMING PLATFORM
▅ ▉ ▇ ▃ ▅   THE NEW MUSIC STREAMING ERA   ▅ ▃ ▇ ▉ ▅   PUBLIC SALE is LIVE
[ Telegram ➭ ChannelGroup ]   Whitepaper   Facebook   Twitter   Github   Medium   ANN
KobbyD

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2018, 12:52:06 AM

I personally believe in Electroneum and I think they will do well. Electroneum was very popular and they should speed up next year.
newminerr

Activity: 147
Merit: 11

The day to rise has come.

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 01:01:39 AM

Always remember to do your research before investing in anything. Stay safe.
Camster

Activity: 180

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2018, 01:17:31 AM

I recently started using Electronium so I could pay for my server services.  I have been very happy with it so far.  Over the last few weeks I have been transferring any account I can from Credit Card to Crypto. 
NewBet

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 05:41:09 PM

It is not a scam, the reason that the price of electroneum is down now is because the price of everything in the market is down now. It has had a good run and just like the other altcoins that have being doing well in the market I think that it is going to turn out even well for the investors when the market starts to do better and we are seeing more green in the market.
Walero

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 05:47:58 PM

Since I have known the project, I have not seen a traces of scam in the project. The project has good prospect. Then I can see that the is old, maybe then when it was first lunch people see it as scam but truly now is not
neatworld

Activity: 293
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 08:29:21 PM

It's been a while since I checked out this thread, but I see not much has changed!

One one side: detailed and quite balanced explanations as to why some posters think ETN is at best poorly marketed, or at worst a scam.

On the other side: "Yeah, I didn't bother to read what you said, but I really believe in this project so it can't possibly be a scam"

Obviously I don't wish for any coin to do badly - that's not why I am commenting.. I was actually an early ETN investor and still hold some (after selling enough post-ICO to recoup my initial investment) so I would obviously be thrilled if the coin exceeds expectations. But I do believe the naysayers have some pretty strong points and this thread is necessary to balance things out perspective-wise.

edulord

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 08:32:19 PM

I will suggest that it is better to take time and do your own research of this coins rather than asking for peoples opinion because everyone have their own opinion but if you do your research you will know whether it is a scam or not but personally, I do not think it is a scam.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
nikolay-udvl

Activity: 79

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 08:56:29 PM

Always remember to do your research before investing in anything. Stay safe.
Support. Maybe the majority opinion will shed light on the honesty of the project, but it will not give you more information than your own research.
invicta

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 03:26:20 PM

It is not a scam, the reason that the price of electroneum is down now is because the price of everything in the market is down now. It has had a good run and just like the other altcoins that have being doing well in the market I think that it is going to turn out even well for the investors when the market starts to do better and we are seeing more green in the market.

Which would be true if it's relative rank remained the same except it fell from 30th to 120th. If the entire market slid then it would just remain static at 30th or thereabouts. Whenever the markets fall a little, this falls further and that's the unexplained part. There are very few buy orders on the exchanges and I believe it's the same people buying trying to cost price average down/cut their losses by convincing themselves it's just cheap and has bottomed out when it probably hasn't.
CharlieCox

Activity: 212
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 08:19:50 AM

You had big plans, start marketing, what are you waiting for...

It's interesting how the team is praised to be compiled of marketing geniuses, yet they also haven't "even started with marketing yet".  Grin
invicta

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 08:29:03 AM

You had big plans, start marketing, what are you waiting for...

It's interesting how the team is praised to be compiled of marketing geniuses, yet they also haven't "even started with marketing yet".  Grin

It’s because it’s self-proclaimed and Richard Ells ran a failed marketing company called Retortal Ltd, look it up on the public record if you want to see quite how ‘good at marketing’ they are. Most of the employees of Retortal now work for Electroneum Limited. It’s a well known path don’t you know? Marketing company onward to blockchain!
notreally976

Activity: 24

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 08:35:42 AM

This is not surprising, the majority of ico is a fraud. I think you need to spread this information, that would be less people caught in their bait.
Do not mention the ICO projects anymore, mention me again mad because so many scam!
prometra

Activity: 40

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 08:41:19 AM

I had a look into setting up a low power node to mine Electronium but even after trying the recommended options I could never get the node to actually start processing with any of the three available mining pools.
invicta

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 08:58:28 AM

I had a look into setting up a low power node to mine Electronium but even after trying the recommended options I could never get the node to actually start processing with any of the three available mining pools.

Unless you have an ASIC now, you basically can't mine ETN.
Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 »
  Print  

Jump to: