Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 01:06:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: is it better to invest in bitcoin or ethereum ?  (Read 17393 times)
suzanne5223

Activity: 2660
Merit: 651

Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2017, 08:54:30 PM

The best decision is you going for the both coin but the only thing that's important is making the investment at the right time and the best time to invest is when the price is dump in the market. Currently, I will recommend bitcoin for you.

kwaasteniet

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 08:56:09 PM

They both are good investments since they each provide a service.

However I believe bitcoin may have the higher caluation in the long wrong because it is capped at 21 million.

The supply for Ethereum is not technically capped.
Youghoor

Activity: 1036
Merit: 275

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 08:58:28 PM

It depends on what do you prefer, honestly i prefer Ethereum because it has more chances to go rise fastly than bitcoin right now, but it depends on your budget and how you are going to manage your portfolio.
it depends on a lot of factors, and you have to take care of that before investing in cryptos.
I have more than 40% on ethereum.
sommii

Activity: 128
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 09:05:49 PM

I'd say: altcoins. You have a chance for much higher profit but you need to know what you're doing. Else: BTC, it's pretty safe investment.
Michael_Gims

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 09:08:29 PM

I'd say both too.

Bitcoin is a shield against inflation and fiat money printing.

Ethereum profits form ICOs and tokenization.

Eugenar

Activity: 1274
Merit: 278

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 09:12:15 PM

for long term purpose, which is better to invest in , Bitcoin or Ethereum ? Lets discuss that ..
I'd definitely go with Bitcoin because it has a higher market value compared to Etherium. Also, Bitcoin has a larger community which is important. Its community provides the demand of a crypto and if the demand is high, the market value of a crypto will increase. And in my opinion, Bitcoin is a better for a long term investment because it is safer compared to Etherium that is recently reported having problems.
bitart

Activity: 1442
Merit: 629

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 09:30:33 PM

In my opinion investing in ethereum would be a good idea now .. As you see the price of bitcoin its almost 4000$+ now and ethereum price is almost 300.. Bitcoin price was almost 500$ last year and now 4000 ... If you buy ethereum now in 300$ it can hit 2000$ in about one year ...
So in my opinion Ethereum is the best option to buy right now...
Just a quick math, let's check the figures and forget about the technology, history, etc. behind the coins for a little while, let's say they're more or less equal in terms of usage and trust.
BTC has the price of $4,000 roughly nowdays. ETH is about $300. To gain a 100% profit out of them for BTC you have to wait a rise of another $4,000, to get the price to $8,000, just to double your investment (considering you're joining the club now, and have to buy your first coins now on market price). For ETH, it's only $300 which is not a really huge amount, compared to BTC. If ETH grows $300 and the price gets to $600, the price of $1,000 is not far away, that gives you more than 200% return on investment on the same period of time. It's just a quick calculation, based on the assumption that the two coins are nearly equal in usability and trustworthiness. But real life is not this simple Smiley
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 09:31:25 PM

I'd say both too.

Bitcoin is a shield against inflation and fiat money printing.

Ethereum profits form ICOs and tokenization.

But you know what are making those ICOs with ETH network right now ?
Can you imagine all runned on ETH at once ?
While Bitcoin is working currency / e-gold then ETH is not prooven at all today.
Many of those ICOs will rip off people and live ETH in mess.

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
lighpulsar07

Activity: 518
Merit: 271

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 09:37:06 PM

for long term purpose, which is better to invest in , Bitcoin or Ethereum ? Lets discuss that ..
hmmm.. i would say that i will go to bitcoin why? because bitcoin already proved that it better to hold in long term many holder of bitcoin ang some of it are early investors and also bitcoin has more market capaitalization that ethereum and also it has large community than ethereum.
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 09:38:29 PM

Just a quick math, let's check the figures and forget about the technology, history, etc. behind the coins for a little while, let's say they're more or less equal in terms of usage and trust.
BTC has the price of $4,000 roughly nowdays. ETH is about $300. To gain a 100% profit out of them for BTC you have to wait a rise of another $4,000, to get the price to $8,000, just to double your investment (considering you're joining the club now, and have to buy your first coins now on market price). For ETH, it's only $300 which is not a really huge amount, compared to BTC. If ETH grows $300 and the price gets to $600, the price of $1,000 is not far away, that gives you more than 200% return on investment on the same period of time. It's just a quick calculation, based on the assumption that the two coins are nearly equal in usability and trustworthiness. But real life is not this simple Smiley

Sorry mate are you really that dumb ? You can not direct compare prices of those stocks you have to compare m. caps.

1    Bitcoin Bitcoin    $68,703,001,679    $4148.97    16,559,050 BTC    $1,553,570,000    -0.41%    sparkline
2    Ethereum Ethereum    $27,651,474,483    $292.41    94,563,405 ETH    $580,010,000    

So ETH is now 40% of BTC size. If you make them equal on market you have to put like 2-20 blions of USD to make m caps 1:1.
Eth with rise 2.5x will get BTC size. And is f. obvious then will be qual harder to pump both.

If you want invest then you should look for cheap ETH alternative not ETH for gains that is sure for me.
Once ICOs will collapse it will be bloody mess with ETH and massive eave of hate will come on it.
95% of investors those ICOs will burn 100% money.

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
angaper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 10:00:30 PM

It is true that Eth has a great future and there is a growing enthusiasm for that altcoin, however the use of bitcoin is becoming more and more popular and I see no objective reasons to suppose that this advance can be stopped in favor of ethereum or any other altcoin.

In the long term, I believe that both currencies will experience a strong growth, so it is well worth investing in both. I am fully convinced that we are still at a very early stage in the altcoin economy, so I think those who intend to accumulate any of these currencies as long-term investments, could still be considered as fortunate early adopters in the next years.
jaocoincrypto18

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 10:17:10 PM

Would like to have them booth because they are my favorite coins infact i have my individual wallet for both of them buy if were to choose then if i a have big capital then i will choose bitcoin well it is expensive now to purchase but it is the most promising coins to gain as of now still rising up even if the china ban the bitcoin it will end this year at $5,000 and $15,000 by next year so we must be on board to benefits the events.
Soutogu

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 10:31:55 PM

In my opinion, Ethereum is bound to have a bigger market cap than Bitcoin - this is simply because it can do much more and revolutionize the world in a much grander scale. But it all depends on user adoption and the new tech that comes up within the next year or two, to see which one takes off well ahead.
Ziomuro27

Activity: 406
Merit: 254

BookiePro.Fun - The World's Betting Exchange

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 11:07:52 PM

Foe me i choose bitcoin because this is the only money that i invest for my entire life. I choose it not just to make an answer here i choose it because i know in my self thatbthis will my life to make a better living and better tommorow so that i always respect everyone else here and myself, creating a good post which other people will learn ang gain more new ideas.

center]
           ▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
WINDICE

▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀

OPlay NowO

Follow Us
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
[/center]
soham

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 11:13:45 PM

Both are good and has a lot of potential left to increase in future. ETH is the closest contender for bitcoin in terms of market cap. ETH owns the second best market cap at this moment after bitcoin. So ETH will surely increase in future. Also ETH is technically superior than bitcoin. So invest in both the currencies.

I suggest you to split your invest-able surplus in to two parts and start investing in both the coins. Few months back, I was only investing in bitcoin but I have now started investing in ETH as well. I lost a great opportunity because when I started, the price of ETH was at 10 USD. so you can understand what opportunity I lost.

▄████▄       
██████       
▀████▀       
▀██████      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
▄▄█████  ▄██████████████████▄
▄██████▀██  ████████████████████
▄█████▀    ▀  ████████████████████
▄█████▀         ███ ████████████ ███
██████▀          ███ ████████████ ███
███████           ███ ████████████ ███

▄████▄                  ███████   
██████                 ▄██████     
▀████▀                ▄█████▀     
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄    ▄█████▀       
▄██████████████████▄  ██▄ █████▀         
████████████████████  ██████▀▀           
████████████████████  ██████▄             
███ ████████████ ███                     
███ ████████████ ███                     
███ ████████████ ███                       
  [    |    ████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███            ▀████████
███  ███████  ▄  ▀██████
███           ██▄  ▀████
███  ███████  ████▄  ███
███                  ███
███  ██████████████  ███
███                  ███
███  ██████████████  ███
███                  ███
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
  ] 
FACEBOOK  )   (  TWITTER  )
  SUBSCRIBE NOW!!! 
INSTAGRAM  )  (  LINKEDIN  )
xaxistech

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 11:13:59 PM

Yes just like the other users that said the same, bitcoin is better for long term, but ethereum too.
But we all know that bitcoin has been the first cryptocurrency and that is why we all have more faith in it than in Ethereum. But they both are good investments, personally i prefer ethereum, because it has a lot of tokens and it is makes more pumps/dumps than bitcoins.

▄▄███▄▄
     ▄▄███████████▄▄
 ▄▄███████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████
  ▀▀██████████████████▀▀ ▄▄
      ▀▀██████████▀▀ ▄▄████
          ▀▀█▀▀ ▄▄█████████
             ▄█████████████
             ██████████████
             ██████████████
             ██████████████
             ██████████████
             █████████████▀
             █████████▀▀
             █████▀▀
             ▀▀▀
Brickblock.io
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║

▄▄██▄
              ▄▄█▀▀  ██
          ▄▄█▀▀      █▌
      ▄▄█▀▀   ▄▀    ██
 ▄▄▄█▀▀    ▄█▀     ▐█
██      ▄██▀       █▌
 ▀▀██▄███▀        ██
     ██▀▀█▄▄▄     █▌
      █▄  ██▀▀▀█▄██
       █▄█▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▄████████
    █████▀▀▀▀
   ▐████
   ▐████
████████████
████████████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄                  ▄▄▄
█████▄             ▄██████▄
█████████▄        ████████████▄
██████████▌▄     ██████████████
██████████▌▐█  ▄█████████████▀▄█
██████████▌▐██▄▀████████████ ███
██████████▌▐████▀██████████ ████
██████████▌▐█████ ███████▀▄█████
██████████▌ ▀█████▄▀████ ███████
██████████▌   ▀▀████ ██▄████████
▀█████████▌      ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████████
   ▀▀█████▌             ▀▀██████
        ▀█▌                  ▀▀█
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
Sanugarid

Activity: 1442
Merit: 153

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 11:17:38 PM

Both etherium and bitcoin are good investment meaning an investment that will give its investors good profit. But for a long term investment  I'll go with bitcoin for the simple reason that it has a larger community than etherium. Its community will provide a demand that will highly affect its market value for a long period of time, its large community also is the reason why Bitcoin remained the no.1 cryptocurrency for a long period of time. And with that , I think Bitcoin will be a better investment that will give its investors good profit in the future.

error08

Activity: 1036
Merit: 514

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 11:19:39 PM

i choose ethereum will bee the next btc soo more fast profit then btc
btc go slow now

How could ethereum compare to bitcoin? eth even can not surpass $500, compare to bitcoin ATH which is $5000.
Ethereum will be profitable for short term because most people and companies who collect funds from ICO will sell ethereum at higher price which cause it dumped again. On the other hand, bitcoin has great development in many countries, South Korean and Russia will legalize cryptocurrencies soon, and bitcoin price will be rise again, but ethereum will be dumped faster.
bangjoe

Activity: 1470
Merit: 714

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 11:25:34 PM

I keep putting bitcoin as a priority because no matter how much my investment is in ethereum, bitcoin will more benefit from the soaring price hikes, the investment in eth remains important as many markets require it for transaction purposes, and probably eth is currently the safest and most convenient without the need to be specifically investigated by the SEC as happens in bitcoin.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Gameroid

Activity: 798
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 11:35:37 PM
Last edit: September 14, 2017, 12:41:07 AM by Gameroid

I'd definitely go with Bitcoin because it has a higher market value compared to Etherium. Also, Bitcoin has a larger community which is important. Its community provides the demand of a crypto and if the demand is high, the market value of a crypto will increase. And in my opinion, Bitcoin is a better for a long term investment because it is safer compared to Etherium that is recently reported having problems.
I think most of the people will choose bitcoin and even my choice will also be bitcoin, because I have more trust on bitcoin as compare to any other crypto currency. in fact bitcoin is still the number one crypto currency as compare to any other altcoin, and therefore people have more trust to invest their assets in bitcoin which is also making bitcoin more reliable and powerful.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: