Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:52:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Investment amount  (Read 3645 times)
Supreemo

Activity: 443
Merit: 110

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 02:16:04 AM

Either to be honest. I just don't want to put in 100 a month to wake up 1 morning to find rates have massively dropped

If that's going to cause you sadness then you shouldn't put a penny in. It could happen at any moment. People who put money in at the end of 2013 had to wait over three years to break even. There's a lot of risk however you want to look at it. Everyone here's taking it and that's why the rewards are potentially very high or non existent.
,yeah, because basically when you want to invest specially to bitcoin, we can be so sure to what it price will it hit by the next year. see? Most people who invested in bitcoin are waiting for almost years just to have the price they really wanted, or should i say the reward totally paid off, as what you have said  is risky all the way that is why make sure inthe end you wont regret.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pinkflower

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 04:26:07 AM

How much would you make as first amount? I was thinking  £50 bit even if this times by even 10 that's only 500.

Would 300 be a more realistic start

Do you want to rich or do you just want to have fun? Both 50 and 300 pounds are on the small side. If you want to be serious, you should start at least with 5000 pounds. That is a lot of money for a beginner, but for the long time investors who go to this forum, its an ordinary amount to day trade into altcoins.

A quick way to get that amount of money is to borrow it but you have to explain what the lender is getting into.
Chachacoin17

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 08:11:40 AM

How much would you make as first amount? I was thinking  £50 bit even if this times by even 10 that's only 500.

Start an amount that you can afford to lose. Investing your money is not always guaranteed that you will gain profit from it. And the most important thing to do is to know where to invest your money and know how it will work. If it is too good to be true, then definitely that's not true. If you want to trade, learn and know all the strategies used. Just be vigilant and smart in everything you do.
Ghostrich

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 01:16:36 PM

Even if it was $50 that would be okay, the amount doesn't matter, it's actually better if you are new to investing because this way you'll learn about the market and how the entire thing works
Mahanton

Activity: 2702
Merit: 626

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 01:24:24 PM

What percentage of your weekly wage or net worth are you willing to kiss goodbye? That's the only metric that counts really. I started off with a couple of hundred quid and then went from there.

Are you looking for long term gains or do you want to get out rapidly with some profit?
Understanding on what he mean on here which most likely he do aim for shorter time profits.Even though he didnt mention about that what kind of investment but im sure hes pertaining on doing trading because this is the only thing on my mind when it comes on 10x profits on that one.As you said we should not really rushed up into things instead of thinking of profits better to think twice on the amount that you are willing to lose on this kind of field.Profits arent guaranteed but somehow possible if we do know on what we are doing.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
hajimasan

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 03:11:09 PM

As a newbie it is a better thing for you to get started with the investment of small amount like 20-50$ because it is a big factor for us to understand the terms and terminology .
And as everyone knows that in the starting here everyone faced much problem to understand .
So if you want get started with the small investment , then it is a good thing for you because if you will get loss in trading then still you will get lesson that why you got loss and how you can lower the risk of investment in that particular coin and also what you can do again to make profit more and how much patience we needed to make profit in this field .
Here my perfect advice for you is that you should always have patience , i means after buy if the coin don't sell until you make profit .
Since profit and loss are part of the trading but if you have patience to wait that how much time it will take to increase the price then you will surely make profit  .
newby1989Jona (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 03:32:26 PM

Mate I'm going to go straight in with 500 pounds. Like you say I will just sit on it years if I have to until it gets increase in value.

I hope selling is easy hha
doomloop

Activity: 2282
Merit: 581

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 01:18:55 PM

Even if it was $50 that would be okay, the amount doesn't matter, it's actually better if you are new to investing because this way you'll learn about the market and how the entire thing works
You are right it is good to invest in bitcoin if you have less amount or more because the price of the   bitcoin is increasing as the time passing a lot of new people are getting into bitcoin and it made bitcoin more reliable and easy to use so if you have money and you are worried where to keep and how to save it then go for the bitcoin investment it will help you in the future when you will need money so bitcoin wallet is best to keep your money save.

kiloiko

Activity: 339
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 04:58:55 AM

Mate I'm going to go straight in with 500 pounds. Like you say I will just sit on it years if I have to until it gets increase in value.

I hope selling is easy hha
It is not big amount to invest in bitcoin it is up to u how much you’ll in bitcoin the more profit you will gain start with the big and you’ll get big advantage and lot of investment make a lot of profit investing in bitcoin and holding it till right time will make a person rich in few moment of market rise and the total game depends upon the time.
usorin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 09:21:43 AM

When you want to make an investment of any kind, i think it is wise to invest only the amount you can afford because not all investments has a happy ending. And a second rule of investment is that if financially you are on pozitiv position after the investment, no matter how much you gained, then it was a good investment. To invest as much as you afford.
sumrub

Activity: 46
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 09:46:31 AM

I started from 100 USD and increasing it constantly.
BillCoin

Activity: 476
Merit: 259

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 09:47:07 AM

It depends on your status.
First of all, don't invest money that you don't afford to lose, so you should be checking how much money you have on your side( money that you got extra and you don't mind to lose it, not savings for education or something like that).
I think that you should be buying with about 25% of the extra money you have, so if you have 1000$ extra, then 250$ would be fine, and the other 750$ could go on other kind of investment.
It is all about taking risks.
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1221

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2017, 10:01:53 AM

If you are going to trade of exchange bitcoins then as for a newbie I would suggest smaller amounts to start with. Because as a new member you will make mistakes and learn from them. 50 Pounds is good enough to start with and you should learn about the basics of trading first before jumping into it. No one wants you to invest in some shitcoin/Pump and dump and lost that money.

No it would not. Think about what would happen if you lost it in some scam ICO because you were inexperienced/dumb at that point?

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Ronaldcoin2017

Activity: 1148
Merit: 300

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 10:36:05 AM

If you are going to trade of exchange bitcoins then as for a newbie I would suggest smaller amounts to start with. Because as a new member you will make mistakes and learn from them. 50 Pounds is good enough to start with and you should learn about the basics of trading first before jumping into it. No one wants you to invest in some shitcoin/Pump and dump and lost that money.

No it would not. Think about what would happen if you lost it in some scam ICO because you were inexperienced/dumb at that point?
well i think investment amount is really depend on how much you can afford to loose because it is really risky to invest. Maybe we can really invest only half of our savings so then in that way it is not really hurt if we loose on our investment because nobody know what was really goin to happen in bitcoin price  that is why i really agree that investing through it does not really have an asurance .
bitcoinisbest

Activity: 1218
Merit: 557

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 10:48:19 AM

For newbies or new to this world smaller the amount better as you right said because unless and until you do not know how it works, you should never go with the big amount especially knowing how volatile this cypto currency is. Better to start trading or investing with smaller amount and get the feel of it and as you gain experience you can start investing bigger ones.

Idrisu

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 11:02:05 AM
Last edit: October 26, 2017, 11:32:11 AM by Idrisu

Trading is a game of skills and knowledge and the amount you should invest does not really matter. With  €300 you can actually make  €50 monthly. You should also train yourself on how to interpret and handle  candlestick pattern and money management and risk management.  Don't because you want to make money and increase your earnings by over-trade and at the  end lose your risk capital.professionals traders can only risk 2% of they risk capital in a single trade and they always stay with their plans.
jasonjm

Activity: 1246
Merit: 524

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2017, 11:22:33 AM

This is a good amount of money to start but suggest to reduce the amount of money a bit more because you are inexperience. And do a market research before investing in any coin. Do not invest in long term coins, invest in short term coins.
tengek37

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 12:04:46 PM

If we talk about the amount I think it is relative because the capabilities of each person's capital and how to regulate the capital depend on each of them, if they are good at managing tak-tik and strategy even with small capital it is not impossible they can get the profit big.
Murloc

Activity: 322
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 01:40:42 PM

Everything depends on your trading skills. But I wouldn't recomend you to start from low budgets. Trading is winning and loosing. It is 100% that you will sometimes lose different amounts of money. And you should be able to afford losing money. If you will only have 20$ then you may lose it fast and disappoint in trading.

nexus2k14

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 02:15:40 PM

Your investment amount is the amount you can afford to lose and realistically should never exceed 30% of your income. I think this way is a safe bet.

Keep in mind at the beginning more important is to learn how to rather than the amount you invest in. Mistakes can happen, send the wrong amount, send to wrong address and so on. As an example, I can admit sending in rush etherum to wrong address on new exchange for me - Livecoin.com I took me 48h to recover, and they have a warning any found sent to the wrong address will be lost! I was lucky saying I am new to this exchange and I know is possible to recover, they said No, so I replied I will put negativie feedback on Bitcointlk.org and TrustReview and I already left here enquiry and it did help at the end of the day.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: