Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 12:09:37 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: So many new ICO, how to check if it's scam?  (Read 14775 times)
bitcoin31

Activity: 1834
Merit: 523

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 03:59:05 AM

If you want to make sure that your money is safe it's better if you invest only the ICO have legit escrow so to prevent losing.  Try to makw a research first so you can get a lot of information and for sure you will see if the projece is scam or legit. Be careful of what you invest because it will never backa again once if it's lose. Choose the best ICO that gives you high profit.
nicosey

Activity: 347
Merit: 109

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 05:19:08 AM

Github repo.

No code, no project
william8829

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 05:00:30 PM

Github repo.

No code, no project

Im curious.  What if it does have a code.  It could contain malware correct?  How would you determine if it contained malware?  Could I run it through an antivirus software?
Anya_Regan

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 05:23:12 PM

So many new ICO, and they all have new idea and tech listed on their webpages,

and even the websites use the same template...

but so many new ICO, how to check if it's scam, or worth to invest...

I think it's right to invest in a project based on a running business. Such projects are few. When a company has already been working for a number of years
and starts a new project - he has more chances of success. I invested in this project https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2362857.new#new
I hope he will be successful.
crypto_bit

Activity: 168
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 05:56:46 PM

you have to check whether somebody from the team is reachable or not (linkedin etc.). Nevertheless, even proven scams like Confido are often profitable, so why do you want to avoid scam ICOs? Wink
If they have a good looking github repo it's a scam unlikely, but you must review the code on your own.

Alex Melkov

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 05:58:32 PM

It's very difficult to distinguish a really good project from ordinary scammers. Even real projects with good ideas and an excellent team can be skipped, too many factors affect it.
PrintMule

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

FREE $50 BONUS - STAKE - [click signature]

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 06:10:56 PM

As you say, it is going to many ico came to markets.   most effective security precautions we can make in this regard and who are these people? it is absolutely positive for the project to find the answers of these questions legally and to prove their reality. the fact that the situation of the project is not alone is not a good team. a good advertising project and people's interest in this project is the second biggest factor. LinkedIn profiles are the best source of proving the credibility and authenticity of people on the team. the  GitHub source codes and the postscript of the people involved in them are absolutely crucial. it is necessary to follow them closely.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▀        ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ███████████████████████████████████████████████
█████    ▄█████████▌   ▐█████▀  ▐███████████████▌  ▀██████████████████
████▌   ▐██████████    █████    ████████████████    ██████████████████
████▌   ▐█████████▄▄▄▄█████▌   ▐███████████████▌   ▐███▀▀█████████████
█████    ▀███████████████▀▀        ▄███████████    ██▀   ▐████████████
██████▄     ▀▀███████▀▀         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀█████▌   ▐▀   ▄███▀▀   ▀█████
█████████▄▄     ▀▀███▄  ▄▄    ████▀    ▄   ███       ▄███▀   ▄█  ▐████
█████████████▄▄     ▀████▌   ▐███▀   ███   ██▌      ████    ██▀  █████
██████▀▀   ▀█████▄    ███    ████   ███▌  ▐██    ▌  ▐██▌      ▄▄██████
█████    ▄████████    ▐██    ██▀▀   ██▀   ▐▀    ▐█   ██▌   ▀██▀▀  ████
████▌   ▐████████▀    ███▄     ▄▄▄     ▄    ▄   ▐██   ██▄      ▄▄█████
████▌   ███████▀    ▄███████████████████████████████▄  ▀▀██████▀▀ ████
█████    ▀▀▀▀     ▄█████████▀    ▀█▀    ▀█       ▀████▄▄         ▄████
██████▄▄    ▄▄▄▄████████████  █████  ██  █  █  █  ████████████████████
█████████████████████████  █▄    ▄█▄    ▄█  █  █  ████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀▐▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀    ▄▀█████▀     ▀█▄
▄█▄    █        ▀▄   ███▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▄       ▄▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████      ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀       ███
███     ▄▄███████▄▄     ▄▀█
█  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀███████▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █
▀█   █     ▀███▀     ▀▄  █▀
▀█▄▄█▄      █        █▄█▀
▀█████▄ ▄▀▀ ▀▀▄▄ ▄▄███▀
▀█████        ████▀
▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀
● OVER 1000 GAMES
● DAILY RACES AND BONUSES
● 24/7 LIVE SUPPORT
Praskatoon

Activity: 49

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 06:11:43 PM

Hey,

I'm quite new in bitcoin world Smiley

Can you please recommend me some ICOs to invest?

Currently, I plan to invest 100 dollars.

Also, I would appreciate some advice regarding to budget split.

Thank you!
Sasuke102001

Activity: 280
Merit: 111

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 06:24:33 PM

You got to do good research about the current project read the whitepaper have a talk with the developers. Check the previous projects by the developers. History of the developers and stuff. One more thing that can be done is to see whether the developing team has an ongoing project and if yes since when and do bit of research about the running project.
finvestor

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 08:18:09 PM

There are many related persons promoting their own ICOs, but I recommend to consider these factors before investing and do your own due diligence on the project:

1. Team - is the team capable of doing the product, do they have experience and skill set
2. Market - is there a niche or share of existing market will be made, is the market large.
3. Token model - is there a purpose of the coin, do you think it is useful.
4. ICO structure - how will the funds be used, roadmap available, do they need that much money.
tuvok007
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 02:53:06 PM

Hey,

I'm quite new in bitcoin world Smiley

Can you please recommend me some ICOs to invest?

Currently, I plan to invest 100 dollars.

Also, I would appreciate some advice regarding to budget split.

Thank you!
Its getting harder and harder to decide these days which blockchain projects will succeed and which will fail. However there are several agencies doing research on ICOs on daily basis like https://www.icostats.com/https://concourseq.io/ , http://icorating.com/ . You can read this article from coindesk https://www.coindesk.com/evaluate-blockchain-initial-cryptocurrency-offering/ , coindesk is always a good source for anything blockchain! I personally will invest in projects based on future Lisk SDK or software development kit. It will go live somewhere in 2018 and I will stick to that cause I"m sure at least some of those projects will become unicorns sooner or later!
rindo

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 02:55:03 PM

Stakeholders in the growing market for initial coin offerings (ICOs) have come to the consensus that the pre-sale bids need to be reviewed. Pre-sale, originally conceived as a way to cover legal and marketing expenses, has become, according to some people's opinion, a more important event than the main event. In some less publicized ICOs, most of the money seems to be coming to private circles. Ripio raised $ 31 million from the $ 37 million raised just in the pre-sale, as did Swarm that raised almost all of its $ 5.5 million in pre-sale financing.
btcbringer

Activity: 252
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 02:57:15 PM

In my opinion, you dont need to check, most of them are scams, but scam doesnt mean it cant make profits, actually, most scams have a good performance than those coins people think good
signs587

Activity: 47

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 03:09:23 PM

I think the first thing to look at is the team behind it. People are tremendous asset to a business. Check if the team is really as experienced and reliable as they claimed to be. People that has something to loose prestige wise would not risk their career for an ICO that is a scam.
yunuzov

Activity: 464
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 03:18:15 PM

That's true. Every day we see more and more scams unfortunately. Everyone wants to take a slice from this pie but they are trying to do it so by tricking and misleading people. First thing i check is the team behind the ICO. If you see well known and experienced people there that's a very good sign. I also check doability of the project. Don't participate in a project that is unrealist.

ZaynDale

Activity: 238

T H E G O L D E N I C O

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2017, 03:28:41 PM

There are already a thousand Crypto-Currencies circulating in the world but most of them are scams and dying. For me, to check that an ICO isn't scam is at first read their white paper and check the core team backgrounds because their previous work achievements matters. And also if an ICO thread is started is low rank members like Newbie or Junior Member then there's a big chance that it has low score of effectiveness.
I don't really think it's always guaranteed but most of the time that's my reference to check if an ICO is legitimate or not.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │     T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  22nd  M A Y                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Reddit          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
ZaynDale

Activity: 238

T H E G O L D E N I C O

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2017, 03:36:09 PM

That's true. Every day we see more and more scams unfortunately. Everyone wants to take a slice from this pie but they are trying to do it so by tricking and misleading people. First thing i check is the team behind the ICO. If you see well known and experienced people there that's a very good sign. I also check doability of the project. Don't participate in a project that is unrealist.

Indeed, all of us wanted to get rich quick and this kind of Crypto-Currency setup is one of them so that's why there are too many ICOs today and there are more ICOs to come next year and launching and ICO isn't regulated and people were confused which ICO is legitimate and which is not.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │     T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  22nd  M A Y                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Reddit          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
skullsandbones

Activity: 222
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 12:55:45 PM

These are afew things to check before investing:
1. whitepaper and roadmap reality
2. team solid or fake
3. soft/hard caps
4. token value
5. website available - any information?
dolomition

Activity: 142

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 04:47:18 PM

Look at the project as a shit and look for it in all the shortcomings. In a team, in ideas, in white paper ...
asuusa

Activity: 294

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 02:08:14 PM

You got to do your due diligent checks and research on the ICO you are interested in, study their whitepaper and understand more about the project. This will lower the chances on investing on a scammed ICO.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: