Bitcoin Forum
August 14, 2024, 05:10:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: So many new ICO, how to check if it's scam?  (Read 14776 times)
Wolfwar

Activity: 630
Merit: 14

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 07:46:07 PM

That's how much I watch for ICO, this picture is drawn. Good cap on ICO reach those companies that have famous people in the team, who have worked in well known companies, sometimes the idea of the project itself is bad, but due to the authority of the team the project is in demand. The second component is the partners of this project, if among them there are famous names, this too plays a significant role
I think that first of all it is necessary to make a blacklist of people who are developers of a particular platform or project. To date, there are cases where the company was not only a failure, and similar to fraudulent work, but at the same time, developers are taking on other projects, and present new ico companies. With these you need to fight.
steviegboots

Activity: 105
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 09:31:11 PM

The only thing you can do is to research.

Look into the white paper, the team and the concept. Ask questions on their thread and get involved in the bounty campaigns. Once you feel comfortable then maybe think about investing. There is no rush and it is better to be happy with your investment than regret it.
Nisansala

Activity: 384
Merit: 11

First LEARN then EARN

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2017, 09:36:51 PM

John McAfee is going to tell ICO of the week. so interesting.

My recommendation
✔️ Gladius➖Pre-Sale Ongoing and closing fast
✔️ AMLT/COINFIRM  ➖ Ongoing
✔️ Bluezelle ➖upcoming
✔️ Gonetwork ➖ Extremly hyped one, You will be able to flip X3-4

🔥DISCLAIMER🔥
DYOR- DO YOUR OWN RESEARCHES BEFORE INVESTING 💯. THESE ARE CHOSEN BASED ON NYMEROUS FACTORS. IT'S UP TO YOU TO DO A PROPER DUE DILIGENCE BEFORE INVESTING

pikecara

Activity: 52

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 09:37:45 PM

Research and common sense will give you the answer
Ging

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 09:45:23 PM

i don't know why this question is often asked though it is answered many times for me if i want to invest in a ico i would see how the crypto community interact with it and see the dev team resume and see the idea of this project if it is innovative.
novy

Activity: 728
Merit: 110

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2017, 10:02:37 PM

There a lot of ICO's indeed. You have to follow some ICO angels/experts. You can check some ICO's: Bluezelle, GoNetwork, Apex, Telcoin, Nucleous Vision, Fortknoxster.

Alex_Zi

Activity: 476
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 10:07:35 PM

It is a risk. You must check team, white pepper, realistic.
It is much better if project has a working prototype/beta-version of app.

HoundRogerson

Activity: 226
Merit: 10

🤖UBEX.COM 🤖

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 10:10:39 PM

The first thing you need to do is study the project development team,what problem do they plan to solve,will the demand for their product,just read reviews, ratings, collect all information and then make your own conclusion about the project,but even this can not save from scammers

▓▓▓█████████████████████████████░░          UBEX          ░░█████████████████████████████▓▓▓
▓██████████████████░░          Global Decentralized Advertising Exchange          ░░██████████████████▓
▓███░   • Telegram  • Facebook  • ANN Thread  • Youtube  • LinkedIn  • Twitter • Medium  • Reddit  • Github   ░███▓
Oggy Pogi

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 10:14:44 PM

So many new ICO, and they all have new idea and tech listed on their webpages,

and even the websites use the same template...

but so many new ICO, how to check if it's scam, or worth to invest...
Actually most of the advertisements done by ICO projects are truly made to be attractive so it is really hard for us supporters to better know if a certain campaign is a scam or not. What we just can do is to seek for further informations about it if it is truly reliable and if the target consumers for it to be a success project can be met by the informations stated by that ICO project. If you find it not convincing for yourself, better to just change your mind in finding other ICO that would satisfy your curiousity.

chocopapaya

Activity: 686
Merit: 131

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2017, 10:14:49 PM

Just like everyone has said, you have to do a LOT of research.
I can give my own example for this.

A couple months ago, I was looking into investing 2 eth into an ico.
I went to coinschedule and other such websites and asked the same question in bitcointalk that's been asked a million times before, "What Ico should I invest in?"
Basically, everyone just threw out names with very little information.
A lot of the gold or silver rated icos on coinschedule seemed incredibly fishy to me when I looked at their websites.

So I buckled down and researched about icos, market economics, investment principles, and tech.
Then I went through potential icos and did my due diligence, I looked up the team's background, read the entire white paper and posed questions to the devs, calculated out potential earnings, all of it.

In the end, I chose Electroneum and got in on the very first day when the bonus was at it's highest and ended up spending about .006 cents for one etn.
The next couple months were pretty crazy as everyone was crying out scam and when the launch was delayed, people crying even more scam.

Well, in the end, I made $6800 off of it, a crazy amount of profit for me.
Moral of the story: RESEARCH!

lunafreya

Activity: 243
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 10:16:17 PM

I always look at whitepapers first, for understand their project. And then check their website,social media accounts, their teams and on this forum I search what people say about that Ico. If I like their idea and trust their team, I would invest or join bounty campaigns.
Alry

Activity: 308
Merit: 102

GoNetwork - Winner of ETHWaterloo

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 10:31:39 PM
Last edit: January 03, 2018, 06:09:00 PM by Alry

So many new ICO, and they all have new idea and tech listed on their webpages,

and even the websites use the same template...

but so many new ICO, how to check if it's scam, or worth to invest...
If there is a famous people with good reputation in the project, and when there is no acquisition of skam Smiley

howardhoward

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 11:07:21 PM

as for me, the easiest way to know more about new ICO is reading different forums and discussions in comments
BTC-BTC-BTC
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001

www.neutroncoin.com

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 11:59:00 PM

Focus on the team and what they want to accomplish to see if it makes sense to you. Then community is the second requirement make sure is solid.
sangkler11

Activity: 406
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 12:15:23 AM

for me to choose a good ICO is not so difficult, first we must see whitepaper, roadmap, product, team and advisor
join the group telegram, we ask all about the project if they have a solid team and the product is interesting, then the investors will arrive by itself, so the ICO will also succeed and the roadmap will run smoothly.
imadar

Activity: 280
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 12:44:05 AM

I recommend to always check ico in icorating.com can also at icohotlist.com and the best at coinschedule.com
michellee

Activity: 2870
Merit: 847

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 04:13:11 AM

I recommend to always check ico in icorating.com can also at icohotlist.com and the best at coinschedule.com

this is a good idea if we can check new ico on that site because at least we have some info that might be useful for us to decide to join or not. we can add this too to our list to check the ico so we can reduce the chance to get scam. but one thing that I only know that we can get scam only after the ico is finish and they don't give what we invest to them and they are run away with the money from the investor.
KevenDabid

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 04:37:36 AM

Most of the time, you can be in bitcointalk BBS search information about the project, many people will give you the poor record of the project or need to pay attention to things, these are some valuable information, you are worthy of attention.

vuego9

Activity: 17

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 04:49:09 AM

Personally, I don't trust ICO directory site ratings....  They all pocket money for listings and the more they get paid the more likely the "review" is good.  I say, do your own research.  Just because an ICO site gave a high rating, I would not trust it at ALL.  If the ICO review site takes NO money for ICO listings/reviews, maybe you can trust them, but how do you really know anyway?

Gogochen

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 05:00:30 AM

for me to choose a good ICO is not so difficult, first we must see whitepaper, roadmap, product, team and advisor
join the group telegram, we ask all about the project if they have a solid team and the product is interesting, then the investors will arrive by itself, so the ICO will also succeed and the roadmap will run smoothly.
Most of the time, the number of people on telegram and the heat of discussion can judge whether the project is good or bad, and the potential of the team can be seen from the update of the code.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: