Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 09:51:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: So many new ICO, how to check if it's scam?  (Read 14775 times)
Btc_newbie

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 08:55:34 PM

I trust in projects which already had ready product and good advisers.
Don't kbow 1 criteria, but it is a chain of trustful things in ICO.
Now I am wairin for KickCity Ico now,  cos' it good I think!
SergiOLa

Activity: 126
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 03:47:03 PM

for me to choose a good ICo is not so difficult, first we must see whitepaper, roadmap, product, team and advisor
join the group telegram, we ask all about the project if they have a solid team and the product is interesting, then the investors will arrive by itself, so the ICo will also succeed and the roadmap will run smoothly.
Pasadoble

Activity: 336
Merit: 7

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 03:51:22 PM

Personally I trust ICOs which are offered by companies which already have some products.
fearcoka
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 11:15:35 AM

it's not easy to know new ICO scams or not. but i ussualy take a list of projects that I want to make an in-depth study of each project. and we can do some research such as read whitepaper, recognize that team, and see that roadmap. if it does not match what you want then look for another ICO project.  Wink Smiley Smiley
According to my experience, if you want to invest in an ICO project, first thing you need to check is team devs, because the information about them can decide the hype and the trust of this project. No one wants to put money in a project managed by scammer, haha.

Just Nao Tomori and Bitcoin ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
yesuidanggan

Activity: 192

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 11:25:16 AM

This is a very difficult thing for beginners!

I made a lot of airdrops, most of them won't get tokens!

Do the reward signature task, not yet to scrip!

I hope to receive, no matter how many tokens, this is the first digital currency I earn, I will work harder after it!

jamesdean35

Merit: 10

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 11:28:59 AM

searching is the only way understant one ico good or not. we have to search whitepaper and team. we cannot understant to only look websites.

pinoyden

Activity: 756
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 11:34:22 AM

This is a very difficult thing for beginners!

I made a lot of airdrops, most of them won't get tokens!

Do the reward signature task, not yet to scrip!

I hope to receive, no matter how many tokens, this is the first digital currency I earn, I will work harder after it!
airdrops wont scam you as they are only give away without begging for a return like forum posting although some airdropas requires you to pay a specific fee in order to get qualified but that is for them to minimize spammers and abusers. I myself also do airdrops but thankfully i recieved almost all of the rewards that i joined. In your case maybe you did not complete their certain task or you input an invalid eth adress , thats why you didnt recieve your rewards.
yannick225

Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 12:01:49 PM

it is hard to tell if it is legit or not .. but sometimes it is obvious to see if it is a scam or what.
I have been in CarTaxi and the and the bounty for signature campaign was very high I hope to earna little bit bigger than 200usd for that...
 but after 2 MONTHS I earned only 100 USD if exchange to fiat ... hardworking and time waiting until ICO  ends and then now there are tons of people change mystically and did not receive their stakes.. some campaign managers are scams like SPACEMAN and DAFAR because they the same person...
byteminr

Activity: 574
Merit: 256

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 12:11:45 PM

So many new ICO, and they all have new idea and tech listed on their webpages,

and even the websites use the same template...

but so many new ICO, how to check if it's scam, or worth to invest...

Besides idea need to check a team, social activity and what stage of the project.
Just idea is not enough for success
chitocrypto

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

For verified airdrops https://t.me/pinoyairdrop

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 12:20:35 PM

Need to check whitepaper, prototype, team, and advisors. Would also check the real world application of the coin/token.

UCHAIN
The Next Generation Distributed Smart Network: Blockchain for the Sharing Economy
https://uchain.world/
valnd

Activity: 406

Until the end of time

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 12:50:52 PM

Well for me any ICO that focus on what you can gain investing in their ICO or projecting price for me. it's a red flag for me. ICO should focus on what they want to achieve. Also any ICO who doesn't have good and solid advisors it's a no for me. it's means they could not convince any to advice them or that they are not serious. it's my opinion though.
chamaraprabhath

Activity: 98

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 01:34:51 PM

There are so many ICOs in the market. But a lot of them are scams. You have to be very very careful when you are investing on them. Investing on ICOs is not like invest in coins. Because when you are investing on coin finally at least you will have that coins. But if The ICO that you have invest in are scams, You will be loss all of your money and there will be nothing at the end. Here you have to do more research about project concepts, Technology, Road map, Team members, etc. You can refer whitepaper of the project to find information about above factors. Then another important thing is find the recommendation of cryptcocurrency expert abot that ICO.  If a lot of expert recommend that project, there is a high chance to success that project and not be a scam.

daneel [●_●] Your Personal Cryptocurrency Smart Assistant ▬
\\ ▬▬ ICO > 29th January ▬▬ // (http://daneel.io)
Lerikaweb

Activity: 392
Merit: 12

The Fourth Generation of Blockchain in DeFi

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 01:44:41 PM

An ICO's idea must be usable for people - this is the first thing i pay attention at. If not, then the technology id unlikely to become a success. Also you must check on the team, partners and roadmap. If it is inconcrete or at least something seems suspicious for you - don't deal with it

DRK Defi| The Fourth Generation Of Blockchain In Decentralized Finance
────── The Epicenter of the DeFi Ecosystem ──────
WebsiteDraken ExchangeDrakenXTelegramTwitterFacebook
Cocojam0610
Copper Member

Activity: 266

FILIPINO TRANSLATOR

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 01:54:14 PM

follwing this thread. thanks

Leocrypto da Vinci

Activity: 210

OMNITY Knowledge, connected

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 02:07:44 PM

In theory, ICOs are a very good way to finance a start up, or even a well established business, without all the fulfillments needed for a standard IPO.
But this lack of control allows scammers to make the most dishonest posed without fear of being persecuted.
So, there is no whey to know if something is a scam, out the common sense and deep research and evaluation.

https://OMNITY.io/ico
               Knowledge, connected.               
Unifying Knowledge For Faster Insight.
Andrey Kozia

Activity: 84

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 02:20:43 PM

It is very educational, every day, reading the article will know something new for yourself! I recently do the study of ICO, but I am very addictive! Every day I am more and more immersed in ICO and the only way to find out what will be good, and what a fake! And 100% do not know!
SaiWAFU

Activity: 193

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 02:31:58 PM

So many new ICO, and they all have new idea and tech listed on their webpages,

and even the websites use the same template...

but so many new ICO, how to check if it's scam, or worth to invest...

I wanted to look at it in a different way that it's not a scam rather than unsuccessful projects, but yeah a lot of new ICO's seems to be a scam or the project's idea is really bad. I frequently read whitepapers because I like joining bounties for extra profit. Sadly to say most of them seems to be a scam, so I always think twice because aside from my account receiving several negative trust, I don't want to be an accessory to the crime.  Wink
Kamelia

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 02:34:49 PM

You got to do your due diligent checks and research on the ICo you are interested in, study their whitepaper and understand more about the project. This will lower the chances on investing on a scammed ICo.

dimkainvest

Activity: 97

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 02:41:24 PM

You need to invest in the great team and good project. You should make an investment in different ICO. Do not expect only 1 project.

Cryptophorus Columbus

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 04:14:42 PM

I'd like to know. There are so many project apparently very good that it's really difficult to make a choice without the stress of making a bad one.
But some ICO are a so bad project and a so poor management that it's just common sense to stay away from them.
So, even there are no clear rules, just some common sense can help to avoid big mistakes.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: