Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 06:46:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: So many new ICO, how to check if it's scam?  (Read 14775 times)
HongKong

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 11:01:22 PM

So many new ICO, and they all have new idea and tech listed on their webpages,

and even the websites use the same template...

but so many new ICO, how to check if it's scam, or worth to invest...

Follow John McAfee @officialmcafee official page in Twitter and you will know actual information about very successful ICO.

Not everything that he picked is going to go up. You should invest in coins after you research them thoroughly.

████████████████████
           ██████████████████████
          ████                ████
         ████   █████   ████   ████
        ████   ███████ ██████   ████
       ████   ████ ████   ████   ████
      ████   ████   ████   ████   ████
     ████   ████  ██ ████   ████ 
    ████   ████   ██  ████
    ████   ████   ███  ████
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███    ███
     ████   ████   ████ ████ ████
      ████   ████   ████ ██ ████  ████
       ████   ████   ████ ████   ████
        ████   ██████ ██████    ████
         ████   ████   ████    ████
          ████                ████
           ██████████████████████
            ████████████████████
I N D X
Andika23

Activity: 269
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 12:57:02 PM

how to check ico there are some people who follow ico if only a little follow ico then i will not follow ico and if many people follow ico i will join in ico so that's how i check ico scam or not
rlclub

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 12:07:47 AM

Look for strong existing business and execution team.  Check out the ICO for RLCoin, an enterprise solution for loyalty: www.rlcoin.io.  The product has existing traction with 250 clients and partners in Europe and Asia.
changalice715

Activity: 22

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 06:53:08 AM

I think it is important to see if they have a well-structured and viable business plan.
However, I think that ICOs are generally a type of high risk investment.

JDS1000

Activity: 414
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 07:11:23 AM

It is necessary to check the site and carefully examine all the documentation of the project.This will help to determine the accuracy of the Scam or not
Leocrypto da Vinci

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

OMNITY Knowledge, connected

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 09:22:26 AM

Well, there is no a 100% recipe that can guarantee you, but if you read all the material and - over all - you check if what they declare is true, you can identify the most parts of scams.
An important point of course is to check the team and the existence of the company.

https://OMNITY.io/ico
               Knowledge, connected.               
Unifying Knowledge For Faster Insight.
aces777

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 09:42:36 AM

First check their dev teams and do a thorough research on their past work, many times the ICOs pick a public profile image and put it up with random names. Also check if they have a whitepaper ready.
Also remember to check if they aren't keeping a major supply of the coins with themselves.

▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  █████████████████▀      ▀████████████████▀      ▀████████
▄█████████     ████████████████   ▄██▄   ██████████████   ▄██▄   ███████▄
████████████   ███████████████████████   ████████████████████▀   ████████
████████████   █████████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████     █████████
████████████   ███████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████████▄   ████████
▀███████████   █████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████   ▀██▀   ███████▀
███████████   ████████████████          ███████████████▄      ▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀
swapSwap, Earn, Bridge, Mint Crypto
& NFT in Multiple Chains
Ms Nuha

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 09:47:14 AM

No one knows for sure whether a scam or not. If I have learned usually checks on wallet ICO and investors is it true there is a flow of funds to the project of ICO.
M.L

Activity: 99
Merit: 7

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 12:54:02 PM

Previously, not many ICO are scams but now it's too much. For my own opinion, there are other ICOs that are complete paper works and very good in platforms but why it goes with the scam. Actually, it's very difficult to choose a trusted ICO so the best is to search for ICO spreadsheets that can tell you which ICO are scams and which is true. We must search first the team and their management background.

IOST >_INTERNET OF SERVICE TOKEN
SECURE & SCALABLE INFRASTRUCTURE | FOR INTELLIGENT SERVICES_<
bitfornewbs

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 12:57:39 PM

Previously, not many ICO are scams but now it's too much. For my own opinion, there are other ICOs that are complete paper works and very good in platforms but why it goes with the scam. Actually, it's very difficult to choose a trusted ICO so the best is to search for ICO spreadsheets that can tell you which ICO are scams and which is true. We must search first the team and their management background.

Research and risks is all you can do. We can't know if they are legitimate or not but I think the more people joining bounties in ICOs the more harder it is for the leaders to take the risk of scamming those people. I try as much as possible go with many ICOs that I think are good and start bookmarking those ICOs and if I have the ability, I support those ICOs that I think are great projects.

Just make a thorough research. Learn their objectives, find if they can be a step forward to new paths. Check their whitepapers. And finally decide if you want to support them or not.
metalssina

Activity: 61

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 12:58:56 PM

It is best to conduct a detailed investigation of the ICO project, and some liar project team members look a lot, in fact, only one person
AIRDROPSQUAD

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

PLAYHALL - SKILL GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 01:06:50 PM

It's getting difficult these days, even otho network which is have a good website become scam right now.
I think we can't accurately detect scam ico. We only can only trust our instinct based on experience.

ruskytailz02

Activity: 289
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 01:43:50 AM

it is hard to tell if it is legit or not .. but sometimes it is obvious to see if it is a scam or what.
I have been in CarTaxi and the and the bounty for signature campaign was very high I hope to earna little bit bigger than 200usd for that...
 but after 2 MONTHS I earned only 100 USD if exchange to fiat ... hardworking and time waiting until ICO  ends and then now there are tons of people change mystically and did not receive their stakes.. some campaign managers are scams like SPACEMAN and DAFAR because they the same person...
Omnia Vanitas

Activity: 110

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 05:26:38 PM

There is nothing that can guarantee you from scam, but usually - if you do you diligently some researches and read all the papers before put your money somewhere - it's relatively easy to detect scammers and unprofessional people.
Hovhannes

Activity: 420
Merit: 14

MMOCoin-For-Gamers-&-Traders

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 05:43:10 PM

In my opinion, it is necessary to carefully study all the documentation, the biography of the team members, talk with them and so on, but no one can give guarantees. Without experience and knowledge it will be difficult.

snazir
Copper Member

Activity: 252

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 07:39:33 AM

Most People Have this tool at hand, But didn't ever Learn to use it Properly up to all its Potentialities. but if you train yourself enough in using this tools, someone's coins, and what the final product will look like. Make sure that these questions were adequately meet before investing. Almost all of them looks Good, But not all will give you the Money, I also keep a watch on the whitepaper which gives details about the Developers, Their product details and their foresight about how they want to excel in that Business. So i'm a investment will be waste in the Future.

zaratustraa

Activity: 167

The Future of Decentralized Financial Services

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 10:57:15 AM

To assess any ICO project, you need to focus on four components (4 T):
Team - the team;
Tech - technology;
Theme - concept;
Token - legal status of the implemented crypto assets.
It is necessary to check the links with advisors - they have a reputation worth the money and therefore do not have to be lazy to write and call in order to confirm / deny information about the project where they participate.

DarcMatter   The Future of Decentralized Financial Services   Whitepaper
Token Sale   ANN Thread   Twitter   Telegram
Mr.Anonymous

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 05:16:23 PM

Research and risks is all you can do. We can't know if they are legitimate or not but I think the more people joining bounties in ICOs the more harder it is for the leaders to take the risk of scamming those people. I try as much as possible go with many ICOs that I think are good and start bookmarking those ICOs and if I have the ability, I support those ICOs that I think are great projects.

Just make a thorough research. Learn their objectives, find if they can be a step forward to new paths. Check their whitepapers. And finally decide if you want to support them or not.
ICO market became a high risk place for invesment when this market seems just for speculation. FOMO is the key to make the value of ICO token can reach high value. Because there are not much project have high x times value without FOMO. UTK, CS, INS, TRX, etc. many ICO had high price but current price are lower than the past a lot.
zdrmay

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 05:21:55 PM

Now it's hard to do, because scammers are not fools either. It takes a lot of time to spend a good time analyzing, thinking and choosing a worthy project. Do not be afraid to ask additional and exciting questions, to study the technical document, white page.
bitchanger

Activity: 52

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 05:22:49 PM

You have to check people through social, and make sure their friends know them for real
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: