Bitcoin Forum
June 05, 2024, 02:03:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: So many new ICO, how to check if it's scam?  (Read 14775 times)
keobonggon.xigon45

Activity: 81
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 04:41:20 AM

Theres a lot of ICO today and maybe some of them is a scam, but to be aware in scam and have a legit ICO first you must look i they have whitepaper and roadmap and what is the purpose of the project if it useful and how it work at all. See some proofs to be aware always curiousity is good as always be safe.
phamnguyenthientinh

Activity: 23

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 01:25:02 AM

I think the first thing to look at is the team behind it. Check if the team is really as experienced and reliable as they claimed to be. People that has something to loose prestige wise would not risk their career for an ICO that is a scam.
cikey

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 01:49:22 AM

So many new ICO, and they all have new idea and tech listed on their webpages,

and even the websites use the same template...

but so many new ICO, how to check if it's scam, or worth to invest...

I usually use ICO rating to see its score and team. If the score is high, the team has experience and I will consider participating.
cbdrick12

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 01:51:45 AM

Please check their stats on ICO bench, I have one for you: Bitxoxo is the fastes growing company in the market right now. Offers lots of advantage for the investors they are holding right now, bounties also available for the meantime and the stats are good for them to serve everyone right now.
luckyFF

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 01:55:28 AM

Using Google search, you can solve puzzles. Usually a project is not popular, communities are not popular. Most of them have no value for investment. Teams are also very important, and usually good team projects are popular.
cudjex

Activity: 507
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 01:55:42 AM

The number of telegram group and the heat of discussion can determine whether the project is good or bad also  We can see the potential of the team from the code update.
biskitop

Activity: 686
Merit: 104

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 01:58:50 AM

I don't really know to detect it. at least you should see telegram group, or bounty manager. and if there is still information from the bounty manager and there is still communication, I'm sure it's not a scam.
nguyenthicamtu

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 02:05:41 AM

You can check their information on prestige rating pages such as icotracker, ICO list, Bitcointalk. Beside, you can see their community on social media channels to know they are really strong or not
dogetalk

Activity: 50
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 05:15:19 PM

I'm really embarassed, why people don't do a proper research about projects. Scams are getting a real problem and who has thought after BitConnect, they'll be warned, was wrong. Other side too, people are fast in spreading scam accusations and this ist also very dangerous for good projects getting tagged as scam athough they aren't. I hope everyone will calm down and do some good analysis before judging.
SHAWN-MIDWAYS

Activity: 686
Merit: 521

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 05:29:33 PM

The problem i have found is its easy to hire people to do some of these things that is used to weigh a project if its legit or not, things like the whitepaper can be written by a person with so much crypto expereience and people also fall for a good looking website which basically should not fall under the criteria of finding a good project...things we need now is to know if real people are behind a project to avoid investing in ghost projects.
twostepsally

Activity: 630
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 05:44:31 PM

The problem i have found is its easy to hire people to do some of these things that is used to weigh a project if its legit or not, things like the whitepaper can be written by a person with so much crypto expereience and people also fall for a good looking website which basically should not fall under the criteria of finding a good project...things we need now is to know if real people are behind a project to avoid investing in ghost projects.

If need to choose the best ICO and find the scam bountry. Check the bounty manage and bounty project. This important for the people future investing. Some people try to create the scam bounty. So learn the with sheet. Then get ideas for the bountry project. People gather more information and get the best bounty token. If get best bounty token hold long time.
asdlolciterquit

Activity: 1666
Merit: 565

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 05:48:45 PM

I don't really know to detect it. at least you should see telegram group, or bounty manager. and if there is still information from the bounty manager and there is still communication, I'm sure it's not a scam.

i don't know if you can be sure even in that case!
Sometimes ico become "scam" only becouse the devs are not able to rise enough money and so they can't make their plan with their project!
tanjiran

Activity: 770
Merit: 113

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 06:01:00 PM

It's a good idea to check the ICO's truth using a portal or application that provides previews about ICO, such as cryptocompare, ICO bench, etc. In addition, checking out the developer team can be another alternative. Thus we can avoid a scam project.

kb24mvp

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 06:21:47 PM

There are so many ICOs in the market. It continues increasing day by day. I do not think any reduction is involved.
yehor

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 06:26:17 PM

1) Read the white paper (focus on their economic model)
2) check the founders
3) check the website.
You can use an a-priori probability of ~97% that you are looking into a scam/unprofessional garbage. So only if you have been amazed by the above mentioned 3 topics and have no doubts whatsoever, there is some chance that you are looking into something worth more than nothing.
BitcoVast

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 06:29:25 PM

I'm really embarassed, why people don't do a proper research about projects. Scams are getting a real problem and who has thought after BitConnect, they'll be warned, was wrong. Other side too, people are fast in spreading scam accusations and this ist also very dangerous for good projects getting tagged as scam athough they aren't. I hope everyone will calm down and do some good analysis before judging.
what kind of good analysis? until now I also difficult to distinguish ico scam and that is not a scam. can you explain me how to analyze your ico?
Nivelir

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 06:31:37 PM

I do not think that in general there is any magic tool that could tell you that scam and what not scam, so you need to include your brain and draw conclusions yourself, this is the world in which we live, this is not a simple world.
jjjrmy

Activity: 221

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 06:35:52 PM

explore their projects chat with developers to make the right decision.
whatthesith
Copper Member

Activity: 301

simply getting the job done

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 06:38:39 PM

I thought that you can find real reviews on the ICOBench website, but someone here proved that we can´t trust them anymore.
So, I also don´t know how to find trustworthy ICO.

Mycro Jobs                                                                                                                                                                                                   
| SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE
⟩                                                                                                                                                     
                                                           ⟩⟩ Telegram ⟩⟩ Twitter ⟩⟩ Medium ⟩⟩ Github ⟩⟩ Instagram ⟩⟩ LinkedIn ⟩⟩ YouTube ⟩⟩ Facebook
dogetalk

Activity: 50
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 07:35:08 PM

what kind of good analysis? until now I also difficult to distinguish ico scam and that is not a scam. can you explain me how to analyze your ico?

Just doing the basics: read whitepaper, check the team, their experiences and if it's possible to achieve the goals, project difficulty and possibility, and check all their channels if there are contradictions. But by this it is not possible to evaluate, if an ICO is succesful or not, like envion.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: