Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 09:44:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: So many new ICO, how to check if it's scam?  (Read 14775 times)
hawkins

Activity: 1204
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 05:15:10 PM

There are many ways to choose a good or bad ICO. I often observe the idea of ​​the ICO and how their monitoring community works.
The interaction of community participants is very important. They are the value drivers for the ICO that we are interested in.
One more factor is the project partners. Pay attention to them because the community of partners will help the project are holding more known ICO.
you're right, so many ways to check that, even we can see it from their whitepaper, team, or web. Well, sometimes we can not trace it, but we can feel that the potential of the project is below average.
Vova.vova

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 06:22:17 PM

I found out about very promising and mega-cool ICO and I want to recommend it to everyone who wants to invest in the ICO! The project Vireo is designed for successful young people who choose the best! Check it!
foreverlearningsure2004

Activity: 68

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 09:03:46 AM

the difference between ICO and IPO is nothing. ICO is looks like IPO, the company want to have money for their project. So, they create an ICO to call for capital and investment. Investor you get profit if their project can be success, of course, it is high risk with which project has not anything.
Mr_QuanRuby

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 09:10:33 AM

So many new ICO, and they all have new idea and tech listed on their webpages,

and even the websites use the same template...

but so many new ICO, how to check if it's scam, or worth to invest...

There is no 100% sure way, but finding information, reading white pages, talking to developers, good ideas, having big sponsoring companies, having real product applications, etc.
The less information you can find, the greater the probability of fraud.
danmoris

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 10:00:29 AM

You shouldn't only check for scams but also avoid project that are not likely to succeed. Fortunately the identification process is the same.
Read the whitepaper, understand how the product will work, what solutions it will bring and who benefits from this. Look at the team members and their expertise. Make sure their LinkedIn profiles are real and if they are participating conferences its a good sign that they are legit because they allow people to see them and it costs money to participate in a conference. Check their social media and importantly how responsive they are.
keloy cavajan

Activity: 76

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 04:15:39 PM

There is only way to find good ICO. You have to search all whitepaper and team because  team and pruduct could be make it real. Generaly ICOs are SCAM rigth now. If you have doubt dont invest ICO. good luck.
ELE.ZYK

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 01:13:30 AM

This on the one hand indicates that the encryption market has more and more people joined in. But it also brought some false information.
suzanogbomo

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2018, 01:16:07 AM

I focus more on the team members.If i can ascertain that the team members are persons with integrity and have the requisite skills to handle the project,then i can be sure it is not likely to be a scam
guanyikclkv8593

Activity: 484
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 01:27:31 AM

I think the only way for you to do that is to make more research befor you make any investment. For example, you should find out who are the team members to see if they are good enough for the coins to be successful. And you can also ask question in the forum to seek others' help. Good luck.
dwiady

Activity: 178
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 01:35:06 AM

read whitepaper, check the coin in the compare websites like coinschedule and such and read the roadmap makes sense or not
imperatorbounty7

Activity: 217
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 02:32:11 AM

I recommend that you analyze projects in great detail to invest your money. I believe that you need to study the team, partners, product, idea. I'd like to know. There are so many project apparently very good that it's really difficult to make a choice without the stress of making a bad one.
But some ICO are a so bad project and a so poor management that it's just common sense to stay away from them.
So, even there are no clear rules, just some common sense can help to avoid big mistakes.
twicezeroiszero

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Borderless for People, Frictionless for Banks

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 09:05:48 PM

You shouldn't only check for scams but also avoid project that are not likely to succeed. Fortunately the identification process is the same.
Read the whitepaper, understand how the product will work, what solutions it will bring and who benefits from this. Look at the team members and their expertise. Make sure their LinkedIn profiles are real and if they are participating conferences its a good sign that they are legit because they allow people to see them and it costs money to participate in a conference. Check their social media and importantly how responsive they are.
I think the ICO market should to use the DAICO feature to create ICO in the future.
As long as the onwer of ICO projects really want to develop their projects, I do not think DAICO can become the problem to apply in the system.
TheAbyss is the first DAICO ICO finished its ICO, I am really want to see the result of this PJ in the next time.

Tra

╓███▄
                            ]████▌
                            ]███▀
         ╓▄▄█████████▄▄    ,▄█▀  
      ▄████▀▀█████µ   `▀▓██▀`    

╓████╜   ╙███████▄▄█▀▀`▀▄    
   ]███▌        "▀██████▌    ▓Ç  
   ]███        ,▄█▀" ▀████   ]█  

▓██      ▄█▀▀     ▓███▌  á█  
     ▀██╖ ╓▄█▀        ▓███▌ ▄█▌  
       ▀███▒         ╓███████`   

,▄██╜"▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀▀      
   ,▄██▀                         
  ▄██▌                           

╓████▌                           
█████┘                           
 ▀▀▀                             
ion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
 Transitions You to A Crypto-ready Society 

Github   Telegram   Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Reddit   Youtube
 TRADE AND EARN DURING PRE-ICO 
u
\ \ \ \
/ / / /
PRE-SALE STARTS APRIL 15, 2018
/ / / /
\ \ \ \
u
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
lanoanh082

Activity: 23

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 06:45:39 AM

The best way to check is to search everything about this ICO. The team, the community, the site, the founder, the idea. If any pf these or other things look suspicion, then you just pass it. Smiley Smiley Smiley
baldricjohn

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 04:10:36 PM

think that the first and the most important thing to consider is real, useful, well-known projects in which the founders took part. It is the cornerstone of any ICO.
katelynsk

Activity: 98
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 04:28:11 PM

Get more details about the project:
- Team, advisors – experience, reputation;
- Previous projects – successful or not;
- Whitepaper – how transparent it is;
- MVC – is these something to start with;
- Roadmap – clear goals, exact estimates;
- Project idea – vision of project future, perspectives, profitability;

Of course, these items cannot guarantee anything but if a project is really profitable and a team has enough skills and work done to finish it, they won't have a reason to fraud.
ngoclanhoang1999qb

Activity: 23

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 01:36:34 AM

any ICO who doesn't have good and solid advisors it's a no for me. it's means they could not convince any to advice them or that they are not serious. it's my opinion though.
justbitcoiny

Activity: 87

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 02:02:50 AM

well check their twitter and website, they need to have enough tweets and followers and if the website looks legit, next check the team, the need to have real people and they have linkedin or twitter with real human pics
next check telegram
also you can check their on raiting sites like icodrops etc
qtypatuty

Activity: 144

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 06:47:23 AM

Get more details about the project:
- Team, advisors – experience, reputation;
- Previous projects – successful or not;
- Whitepaper – how transparent it is;
- MVC – is these something to start with;
- Roadmap – clear goals, exact estimates;
- Project idea – vision of project future, perspectives, profitability;

Of course, these items cannot guarantee anything but if a project is really profitable and a team has enough skills and work done to finish it, they won't have a reason to fraud.
This is quite correct. It is important to do a background check regarding the ICO. Although those items will not guarantee a project is not a scam, it will guide you whether it is a trustworthy project. Just read enough details that will convince you that a project is legit.

GeniusAko

Activity: 434
Merit: 117

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 06:55:16 AM

So many new ICO, and they all have new idea and tech listed on their webpages,

and even the websites use the same template...

but so many new ICO, how to check if it's scam, or worth to invest...
It is true that we should review the ICOs well for us to know if it scam or promising. There are a lot of scam ICOs nowadays, the best way for us to know if the ICO is scam or not is by checking the background of the developers and the team behind the project.
tempebacem

Activity: 161

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 07:07:18 AM

Research is needed. There is a category you must use to arrive at a conclusion if a particular ICO is worth investing. As a base, you should definitely look at the core teams, whitepapers, websites, their social media, and their online presence.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: