Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 11:20:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 104 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Are you picky with ICOs?  (Read 13413 times)
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 03:09:59 PM

Anyone should be picky with this huge number of scam ico. First i choose some ico's from websites rating them. Then i do my own search to find better ico.
You have to be careful with websites that rate ICOs, because it's very well possible that they at least some of them are getting paid for promoting shady ICOs.
Drokzid

Activity: 931
Merit: 257

HAIL THE KING!

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2017, 03:14:56 PM

Yes, you should not invest in every ICO out there. Most of them will make you lose money.

The latest ICO where I invested money in where Modum and BurstIQ.

BTC IS KING!
Moz90

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 03:17:47 PM

incredibly picky, most ico's these days are going below ico price when hitting exchanges and thats including the hype ones
kandholabhavna

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 05:24:40 PM

The question is that are you not? Because if you are not then you will definately loose a lot of money investing in ICO's. My recent investment have bled a lot. Two of them were super cool projects, tezos and bmc. So yeah, ICO's are not a quick flip anymore.

pitiflin

Activity: 980
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 05:28:26 PM

Are you picky with ICOs?
Well I have my own theory, whatever it maybe an ico, an altcoin or a shares or literally any kind of investment I do my own due diligence and research and not just lie on what people say about it ,in their words their so called "opinion". I figure what would be best for me to invest my money and mostly on cases which I won't get cheated on.  Sometimes I do get losses, because you cant exactly predict on how the market will be exactly in the next second, minute, hour, or day.

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
  B

▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄▄████████████▄▄
   ▄█████▀▀    ▀▀█████▄
  ████▀            ▀████
 ████                ████
▐███                  ███▌
███▌                  ▐███
▐███           ▄▄     ███▌
 ████         ▀███▄  ▐███
  ████▄         ▀███▄███
   ▀█████▄▄     ▄█████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀
T 
.Better. Quick..

.Transparent....

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
███████████████▀       ████
██████████████      ▄▄▄████
██████████████    ▐████████
██████████            ▐████
██████████            █████
▀█████████████    ▐███████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
xIIImaL
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 05:34:35 PM

Are you picky with ICOs?
Well I have my own theory, whatever it maybe an ico, an altcoin or a shares or literally any kind of investment I do my own due diligence and research and not just lie on what people say about it ,in their words their so called "opinion". I figure what would be best for me to invest my money and mostly on cases which I won't get cheated on.  Sometimes I do get losses, because you cant exactly predict on how the market will be exactly in the next second, minute, hour, or day.

Opinion can be one way of learning the potential and future growth of the ICO to know from the people and investor side. If you want to do the own research about the any ICO first of all you should go through their white paper release completely.
Their blog also will give clear information about the project usage and market place value for the tokens.
If you want to invest in ICO, you should buying in presale time to get the more tokens, that will give a way to more profit.
Coenlogan

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 04:32:36 AM

before joining ico, of course i always choose the best ico. because i do not want to bear losses in ico. investment has a big risk, so be careful to choose invest in ico.
And how do you choose "the best ICO"? What is "the best ICO" to you? I'm sure everyone here would like to know how to pick good ICOs, but most seem to be dumping right after the sale - even if the projects are generally promising.

Well the way I see it, its not that easy to just 'dump' ico funds, sure you can sell them on an exchange, but I hardly see how you can just dump your ico tokens if there isn't anyone to dump onto, sure you can sell all to exchange, but if the project actually uses TOkens, they will be bought back just as fast

For example a coin I invested in - ASSETRON ENERGY - sure after ICO is up, the token can be sold straight away on the WAVES DEX and what ever other exchanges they are working with, but they are using the tokens on their investment platform, and you can only purchase shares of projects using the TOkens. ASSETRON Will set a price of the project using Tokens, which already keeps the value of the tokens fixed, as a value of a real asset is backing the price of the coin. More projects go onto the platform, the higher the token price becomes, so even if every ico investor sells at the end of ico (doubt they will able to, no ico can sell straight away), there will be people who will use the platform and buy tokens regardless, which willl keep demand of the token.

Icos which will fail are the ones who haev no real world use of their Token.

Say another company in the renewable energy sector, who have a platform to sell electricity to people, their ICO was POWR Tokens, but if you look at their whitepaper, there is no use for them, they pay people in a second token SPARKZ, which can be bought directly, without getting POWR, so why would someone want POWR? This ICO will fail as investors won't be able to sell tokens as no one will buy them, so the company got rich and investors got nothing.
babsjoe

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 04:36:39 AM

Anyone will be picky with his/her money! But the question here is not about been picky, it rather about knowing! If you do not know what to look for in an ICO, you might as well flush your money down the toilet or better still just send your coin to random address!
fedor3327

Activity: 644
Merit: 523

Passionate about Crypto

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 04:37:16 AM

After being "burnt" a few times in investing in certain ICO's. I have become extremely picky.

I now make my decisions based as an investor not a speculator.
sandy14350

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 04:38:52 AM

i am definately picky for ico because its my hard earned money and i cannot loose simply like this to a fud company...
konco_kenthel

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 05:03:32 AM

Are you picky with ICOs?
Surely it is already in the mind very mature by the bitcoiner.should be the most appropriate way to use the first is to examine ico very carefully because in anticipation of a scam project or not and able to provide greater revenue at the end of the campaign later. Preferably should not be directly interested even jumped into various Ico that offers funds allocation is very large.

Monnt
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 05:42:11 AM

I am now extremely picky with ICO. In the last two ICOs I joined, the coin price once listed on exchange are all lower than the ICO price. Unless you are getting on significant discount through pre-sale etc. It's not really worth taking the risk.
Most ICOs go down in price right after the ICO ends. This is partly due to people dumping their bounties and presale bonuses. Makes for a good time to buy extra though if you're in it for the long run.
The sharks are really out there and they are looking for some gullible and naive ones to test their sharp teeth on.
The ICO environment is like a big ocean and you just have to pick the safe side to swim so you don't get eaten or bitten by those sharks.

Investment requires being smart and if you aren't you will be liable to loosing most of the time unless luck is just on your side to always pick right even when you have no idea what you have dipped your hand into.
avia

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 06:06:59 AM

Well, i am currently new to this and being careful in choosing which ICO to participate in is a must. I cannot consider myself really picky but rather careful since there are some ICOs that fails to deliver what they promised. Moreover, one thing that i consider in choosing an ICO is if they are worth the investment, not only financially but also in the amount of time and effort given.

chichigirl

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

HELENA

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 06:20:27 AM

Are you picky with ICOs?

Yes, i am, because i need to takr care my investment and hard work. I don't want to waste my time dealing with the scam ICO, so I've doing my research before i go with it.

THE BEST IN SPACE
AUTO-COMPOUNDING DEFI 3.0
PROTOCOL ON BSC
▀█▄▄▄                                                                      ▄▄▄█▀
▀██
████▄▄▄                                                          ▄▄▄██████▀
▀▀███
██████▄▄▄                                              ▄▄▄█████████▀▀
▀▀████
████████▄▄▄                                ▄▄▄████████████▀▀
▀████████████████▄ ▄▄                  ▄▄ ▄████████████████▀
████████████████████▄▄          ▄▄████████████████████
▀█████████████████████        █████████████████████▀
▀████
███████████████▌      ▐███████████████
████▀
▀▀█████████
██████████████████
█████████▀▀
▀████████████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████████▀

▀██
█████ ███    ███ ███████▀
▀▀███   ██    ██   ███▀▀
5 0 1 , 6 5 2 %   A P Y
|    TWITTER    |   TELEGRAM   |    DISCORD    |
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
JOIN NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
momopi

Activity: 501
Merit: 127

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 06:36:41 AM

yes, and all of us should be more careful choosing the right altcoin. We are talking money here, not just candy or a toy you can afford to lose. And I think the community should one another so we can avoid any shady ICO's. We need to more responsible and matured enough to know which is good and a dump coin at all
Dart18

Activity: 1400
Merit: 259

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 06:38:51 AM

Are you picky with ICOs?

We should be.
It should be hand picked and researched carefully.
If you wont do that you will end up in a scam company rather than having a lot of profit.
Support the one with a better service and can be used even after the ICO.
creeps

Activity: 742
Merit: 144

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 06:40:31 AM

Anyone should be picky with this huge number of scam ico. First i choose some ico's from websites rating them. Then i do my own search to find better ico.

That's true, if you really want to save you money from being scam then you should be picky when you invest on ICO usually, some of my basis if the campaign manager is trusted since I know some of managers are too strict in terms of accepting ICO. Well you really have to make your own study aside from any speculation because this will help you to earn more money.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 08:26:11 AM

I am now extremely picky with ICO. In the last two ICOs I joined, the coin price once listed on exchange are all lower than the ICO price. Unless you are getting on significant discount through pre-sale etc. It's not really worth taking the risk.
Most ICOs go down in price right after the ICO ends. This is partly due to people dumping their bounties and presale bonuses. Makes for a good time to buy extra though if you're in it for the long run.
The sharks are really out there and they are looking for some gullible and naive ones to test their sharp teeth on.
The ICO environment is like a big ocean and you just have to pick the safe side to swim so you don't get eaten or bitten by those sharks.

Investment requires being smart and if you aren't you will be liable to loosing most of the time unless luck is just on your side to always pick right even when you have no idea what you have dipped your hand into.
This is exactly how things work. I can already see most of the people on this forum burning themselves in the coming months and years. They might get lucky for a while, but they will inevitably lose most, if not all, of their investments due to greed and impulsiveness. And even if they get lucky, most of the lucky ones won't be able to use their money because they ignored the existence of taxes.
degraff

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 08:32:56 AM

yes, very, reading WP, analyzing team, checking and testing product, looking to open source codes

Kupid002

Activity: 1036
Merit: 329

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 09:12:01 AM

Are you picky with ICOs?

We should be.
It should be hand picked and researched carefully.
If you wont do that you will end up in a scam company rather than having a lot of profit.
Support the one with a better service and can be used even after the ICO.
Yes because if you're not the time that you have spent on it may become useless and nothing can be. So being picked are not a big deal but this is the right thing that all of us must gonna do for the time that can be spent will not go for nothing.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
██████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
.Defi for You.
defi.com.vn

Learn how to become your own bank and
implement a private investment strategy

▄▄                    ▄▄
█      Pawn | Sell     
           Services
      Buy   | Rent
     █
  ▀▀                    ▀▀

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 104 »
  Print  

Jump to: