Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:19:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Are you picky with ICOs?  (Read 13413 times)
priyankg3

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 12:58:18 PM

I am more than picky. I have only joined a handful of them. Those that I think are really trustworthy and the pre-ICO is a very easy sell. and nowdays thousand icos coming every month and mostly scam so you should be picky by their use case, team and read whitepaper
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
pinoyden

Activity: 756
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 01:03:12 PM

I am more than picky. I have only joined a handful of them. Those that I think are really trustworthy and the pre-ICO is a very easy sell. and nowdays thousand icos coming every month and mostly scam so you should be picky by their use case, team and read whitepaper

thats right . nowadays a lot of ico's as mainly consist of scams and fake projects , thats why we should always do a deep research in regards to their project . its better to be picky but you are  safe than choosing randomly with full of risk . i know , many people are too lazy to scan the details of their chosen ico , thats why they keep on blaming the ico but they should have blame their self because they are too careless enough to fall from these kind of traps .
spartaka

Activity: 78

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 01:05:39 PM
Merited by JanVanHellsing (2), Vicodin (1)

Are you picky with ICOs?
With so many scam ICO right now, not on that so many projects are paused because the ICO is not attractive to investors, we should pick ICO that we think will attract investors so the project can reach at least the softcap and of course we need to pick ICO that will pay us for our hard work

When people pick ICOs they do their research but typically it's only basic like Team/Whitepaper/Roadmap, etc. But this tells you nothing about the probability that investors see a need for this project and likely will invest. It takes a lot more time and effort, but it can help you to loose a lot of money: Look exactly at the category of product and if the project is a first mover or copycat. Last year we saw many unique project, 2018 is the year of copycats...how many projects that were just crypto credit cards? MoxyOne did not even get the soft cap as there were plenty of alternatives around. Or look at Bridge, an Identity Solution. It was also just a copycat. It started with Selfkey, then shortly after we saw TheKey and months later Bridge comes out doing the same, with slight improvements.

Look instead for authentic projects and the usecase. Is it just relevant for the crypto community, example would be another crypto credit card, identity solution or exchange (they also popped up like Mushrooms this year)...or is the project relevant for other industries, in that case, is it just one industry, could it be interesting for several industries. A good example is Ontology, they help businesses to integrate their business processes into the blockchain. There is a real need for this, just read articles on cointelegraph, so many companies wrap their head around that, and here is the solution. And there are plenty of other good opportunities.
dulce dd121990

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 01:08:29 PM

Of course we should be picky with ICO we are participating with or investing too. In doing this business, we should choose the best for our own benefit.

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS       [ CRYPTOEXCHANGE TowerX ]
▬        ICO  >  on our exchange TowerX        ▬
FACEBOOK           MEDIUM           TWITTER           LINKEDIN           REDDIT           TELEGRAM
efey39

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 01:11:10 PM

I do detailed analysis before ico investing. because there is too much fraud or useless ico. Some will be worthless. If you can not find the right ico you lose money.
cxmyifan16

Activity: 377

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 01:12:44 PM

I think that every trader must be choosy because otherwise you may risk your money, waste time and not get anything, This is not the future I would like to see, to my mind, it is much better to trade

kipozer

Activity: 490
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 01:17:07 PM

Thoroughness in the selection of normal projects is today probably the most important topic that today disturbs our hearts, because carefulness in the analysis of projects will save your deposit. It's true.
Joep01

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2018, 01:25:47 PM

Don't trust the so called "unique" ICOs. On paper they may sound groundbreaking but in reality they could be scams.

Agreed, that are some strategy to those scam ICO. They can be popular in the public or have a nice road map, whitepaper. But in the end it all a scam. We better aware now and be picky to choose an ICO to avoid getting scam.

M E G A C R Y P T O P O L I S                 
World's Largest Decentralized City on the Ethereum Blockchain
atariguy

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 02:21:45 PM

If you are not picky about the ICO, you risk losing all your money. At the moment most of the ICO scammers. So it was in all markets at the beginning of their formation. While there is no regulation and people are not versed in this topic, scammers enjoy. So far, I prefer not to invest in ICO, because when entering the exchange, the value of coins is almost always lower than the one for which I bought.
virendarnagpal

Activity: 672
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 02:33:11 PM

Definitely we should be.  Instead of wasting time and money for garbage ICOs before joining any ICO we should study about it.  Research needs to be done.  Otherwise it will be just a waste of time and energy.

First check the team ; project; motive of the ICO it's objectives.  If everything is strong only then we should join it.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 02:47:02 PM

Don't trust the so called "unique" ICOs. On paper they may sound groundbreaking but in reality they could be scams.

Agreed, that are some strategy to those scam ICO. They can be popular in the public or have a nice road map, whitepaper. But in the end it all a scam. We better aware now and be picky to choose an ICO to avoid getting scam.
Yeah and if you're not picky with icos, mote likely that not you'll end up as victim and would likely lose money due to scams. You have to be extra picky and meticulate when studying icos because a lot of there are far from what they seem to be.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
Classroom404

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 07:24:25 PM

Yes of course I am picky with initial coin offering icos. Before I participate in any initial coin offering icos be it either investing of bounties I do a good research on the project I go through their white paper then if I am satisfied i join
P_percy

Activity: 95

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 07:26:30 PM

As a matter of fact I don't invest in Icos anymore rather I like to buy them when they hit the exchange.
Xeon

Activity: 239
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 07:52:10 PM

I think that it is good to be picky when choosing ICO to join because otherwise you risk wasting time and getting nothing. You should make sure that the project is worth it before taking parting in it
bitcoinmar

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 08:12:24 PM

The regulation of cryptocurrency and ico has not yet formed an effective method!
If you can't understand the risks of cryptocurrency and ICO, and are not prepared to take on the risk, you can't easily invest in ico.

However, with traditional startup projects, small investors like us can not get involved and it takes at least a couple of years to get a return on that investment. The ICO needs now are quality management organizations for them
Rockkey

Activity: 490

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 08:57:47 PM

If you are not picky about the ICO, you risk losing all your money. At the moment most of the ICO scammers. So it was in all markets at the beginning of their formation. While there is no regulation and people are not versed in this topic, scammers enjoy. So far, I prefer not to invest in ICO, because when entering the exchange, the value of coins is almost always lower than the one for which I bought.
This is a very correct decision. Very often when a coin appears on the stock exchange its price drops dramatically and then you can buy it much cheaper than at the ICO stage.
myxamop

Activity: 882
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 09:01:31 PM

I think that it is good to be picky when choosing ICO to join because otherwise you risk wasting time and getting nothing. You should make sure that the project is worth it before taking parting in it
Everything is correct, at the choice of ico it is necessary to be very captious. Otherwise you will lose the money.
TristanFarley

Activity: 34

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 05:37:07 AM

I am picky when it comes to investing to an ICO.

This article I’ve read talked about how cryptocurrency’s electricity usage is massive and how we need to take it seriously as a climate threat. It stated that since November 2017, the power consumed by the entire bitcoin network was estimated to be higher than that of the Republic of Ireland and have only grown till now.

Recently, NeuronChain, an eco-friendly decentralized financial system caught my attention. They don’t use as much energy as Bitcoin uses since their transactions only use simple hardware to secure the network thus, saving lots of energy usage. For me, having this important quality is a great help not only for users like me but also to the environment.

What are your thoughts about it?

If you find it interesting, you can read more about it here:
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/jan/17/bitcoin-electricity-usage-huge-climate-cryptocurrency.

As for more info about NeuronChain:
NeuronChain Website: http://neuronchain.io/
jakezyrus00

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 05:52:48 AM

Offcourse I need to become picky and wise in choosing an  ICO especially now that there are many ico start that has good platform but they failed to execute and collect enough funds.
JanyJeand31

Activity: 243

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 06:07:39 AM

How can we keep the good ico program we should connect with the advertisers they will send you the line about the ico and you should directly check I do not picky with them
Pages: « 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 »
  Print  

Jump to: