Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:15:40 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] SmartBillions World’s first multi-billion-dollar blockchain lottery.  (Read 49672 times)
glennmatthew

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 06:48:47 AM

According to smart billion website,

http://www.smartbillions.com/hackathon.html

Pointing contract address : 0x5acE17f87c7391E5792a7683069A8025B83bbd85

they say they have put 1500 ETH into the smart contract and initiate a hackaton.

But looking at the smart contract with 0.24 ether...

https://etherscan.io/address/0x5acE17f87c7391E5792a7683069A8025B83bbd85

Please explain...

Printscreen

https://imgur.com/a/3xGzp

The 1500 ETH will be put into the smart contract 7 days before the launch of the ICO.

In my opinion, it takes incredible confidence to do this, but if it succeeds I am sure the ICO will skyrocket. This ICO is one of a kind.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
          ▄▄████████████▄▄
       ▄████████████████████▄
     ▄██████████████▀█████████▄
   ▄███████████████   ██████████▄
  ▐█████████████████   ██████████▌
 ▐█████████████████▀    ██████████▌
 ███████████████▀        ██████████
▐████████████▀     ▄███   █████████▌
████████████    ▄████▀██▄███████████
██████████▀██▄████▀    █████████████
█████████   ███▀     ▄██████████████
▐█████████        ▄████████████████▌
 ██████████    ▄███████████████████
 ▐██████████   ███████████████████▌
  ▐██████████   █████████████████▌
   ▀██████████▄█████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████████████▀
       ▀████████████████████▀
          ▀▀████████████▀▀
              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

temtum

█
    ██
   ████
  ██▌███
 ▐██▌███▌
 ███ ██▀▌
 ▀██ █▄██
 █▄█ ███▀
 ▀██ ██▄█
 █▄█ ███▌
  ██▌███
  ▐█▌██
   ▐█▌
    █
    █
     ▀

░░░░░░░░██████
░░░░░░░░██████
░░░░░░░░██████

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████

░░░██████
░░░██████
░░░██████

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████

▄▄██████▄▄
       ▐██▀    ▀██▌
       ██        ██
       ██        ██
       ██        ██
      ██████████████
      █████  ███████     ██ 
  ██  █  ████████  █ ██   
      ███████  █████    ██   
      ██████████████

▄██▄
▀██▀         ▄██▄
             ▀██▀

▄██▄
       ▀██▀

▄██▄
  ▄██▄     ▀██▀
  ▀██▀

▄▄█▄▄   ▄
█▄        ████████▀▄
███      █████████▀
▐███▄    ████████▌
▄▄█████▄▄▄███████▌
  ▀█████████████
  ▄▄██████████▀
    ▄████████▀
▀▀████████▀
    ▀▀▀

▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄
   ▐█▄████████████▄█▌
  ▐██████████████████▌
  █████▀▀▀████▀▀▀█████
 █████     ██     █████
▐██████▄▄▄████▄▄▄██████▌
 ████▄▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄████
  ▀▀████        ████▀▀
      ▀▀        ▀▀

█▀▀▄▄▄█▄
         █    ▀█▀
       ▄▄█▄▄
▄██▄▄████████▄▄██▄
█████▀▀████▀▀█████
 ███▄  ▄██▄  ▄███
  ▀████▀██▀████▀
    ▀███▄▄███▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██ ██ ██ ██

██ ██ ██

██ ██

██ ██

Homepage

██ ██

██ ██

██ ██ ██

██ ██ ██ ██

White Paper
Isaaq.Almaguer

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 07:14:57 AM

who's the team behind this?? I couldn't find any names out there!
twofreckles

Activity: 366
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 07:28:07 AM

They are not giving any names. They claim there is no need as everything is bound to smart contract and happening automaticly.

Isaaq.Almaguer

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 07:37:40 AM

They are not giving any names. They claim there is no need as everything is bound to smart contract and happening automaticly.

That's a red flag. In the whitepaper they say 20 percent of the tokens will be given to the "development team", and then 10 percent of the proceeds will be used for marketing, those are not automatic. Development and marketing. Someone's doing them, why are they deciding to be anonymous??
kilobytez

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

What's Quirky In Life?

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 07:39:39 AM

they say they have put 1500 ETH into the smart contract and initiate a hackaton.

Please explain...

Printscreen

The 1500 ETH will be put into the smart contract 7 days before the launch of the ICO.

In my opinion, it takes incredible confidence to do this, but if it succeeds I am sure the ICO will skyrocket. This ICO is one of a kind.

As stated, there's no 1500 ETH in the contract to do the Hackaton!
Maybe you can enlighten me?

░░░░░ Join Bitcoin Asia Network (BAN): https://goo.gl/LCCvy4 ░░░░░
 ░░░░░ COSS Token [Exchange] : https://goo.gl/uTFWbp  ░░░░░ Tips : 0xC8A0eF18f18F19d59CF5603f1777c181BE67205D ░░░░░
kilobytez

Activity: 101

What's Quirky In Life?

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 07:48:07 AM
Last edit: September 29, 2017, 08:00:32 AM by kilobytez

That's a red flag. In the whitepaper they say 20 percent of the tokens will be given to the "development team", and then 10 percent of the proceeds will be used for marketing, those are not automatic. Development and marketing. Someone's doing them, why are they deciding to be anonymous??

I agree, without a team and github history you have no idea with their development history.
- Only 1 contribution on Github : https://github.com/SmartBillions
  (no coding history; not knowing the history of the programmer)
- There's no copyright matters on the page bottom
- no 1500 ETH (for Hackaton) on contract as stated
- no Team & Dev's listed on the page
- worse of all, BLURRED Roadmap (and to be revealed after ICO)
- WHOIS : https://www.whois.com/whois/smartbillions.com
  (registered user could be from Poland)

:: Anyone can write a flamboyant Whitepaper::

Ref : https://ftalphaville.ft.com/2017/06/01/2189634/its-not-just-a-ponzi-its-a-smart-ponzi/

░░░░░ Join Bitcoin Asia Network (BAN): https://goo.gl/LCCvy4 ░░░░░
 ░░░░░ COSS Token [Exchange] : https://goo.gl/uTFWbp  ░░░░░ Tips : 0xC8A0eF18f18F19d59CF5603f1777c181BE67205D ░░░░░
twofreckles

Activity: 366

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 08:15:40 AM

I can't fully agree. I'd say thats an "orange" flag. They got a point. Usually everything depends on "developers" here is another scenario. I do understand their point of view.

Rumipl (OP)

Activity: 261

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 12:50:14 PM

that said they have put 1500 ETH into the smart contract and initiate a hackaton.

Please explain...

Printscreen

Please see the Hackathon page, There's a timer there. The Hackathon start 2.10 12:00 GMT and 1500 ETH will be put in the contract before that date !!
Rumipl (OP)

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 12:57:03 PM

Hi, you are talking about 2 diffrent thing.
First of all there's a Tokens Distribution and the ratio is 79.37 % for the ICO Backers and 20.63 % for the Development team.
Another Thing is use of funds from the Crowdfund. 90 % of funds will be allocated to the lottery Jackpot and 10 % will be used for Marketing purposes.
The funds for the Jackpot - 90 % of the raised funds will be stored in Jackpot and nobody will be able to access the funds except from the lottery winners.
The marketing budget - up to 10 % of the raised funds will be send to the development team address and the development team will be able to access the funds and spend them on marketing and development.
Rumipl (OP)

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 12:58:45 PM

I can't fully agree. I'd say thats an "orange" flag. They got a point. Usually everything depends on "developers" here is another scenario. I do understand their point of view.

We need to distinguish the tokens allocation from use of funds.
As expalined everything is clear and described both in the whitepaper and on the website.
Isaaq.Almaguer

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 01:17:22 PM

First of all there's a Tokens Distribution and the ratio is 79.37 % for the ICO Backers and 20.63 % for the Development team.
Another Thing is use of funds from the Crowdfund. 90 % of funds will be allocated to the lottery Jackpot and 10 % will be used for Marketing purposes.
The funds for the Jackpot - 90 % of the raised funds will be stored in Jackpot and nobody will be able to access the funds except from the lottery winners.
The marketing budget - up to 10 % of the raised funds will be send to the development team address and the development team will be able to access the funds and spend them on marketing and development.

ok, and who's the development team?? and why aren't they revealing their identities? I participated in an anonymous ICO before, it did not go well, the teams just vanished with all the money, and they sold all their tokens on exchanges driving the price down 95%, and nobody knew who they were and how to track them down.
Rumipl (OP)

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 01:29:45 PM

ok, and who's the development team?? and why aren't they revealing their identities? I participated in an anonymous ICO before, it did not go well, the teams just vanished with all the money, and they sold all their tokens on exchanges driving the price down 95%, and nobody knew who they were and how to track them down.

Issaq to answer your question. The development team decided to remain anonymous because Investors should focus on the SmartBillions project rather than on the Development team.
The smart contract is ready and published on SmartBillions github it can be reviewed by everybody.
To prove the smart contract's safety and quality the Development team will put 1500 ETH in smart contract to attract everybody to break the smart contract and withdraw the money. Of course if it happens the ICO will be canceled due to fatal bug in the contract. But if nobody will be able to hack it and withdraw the prize it will mean that the contaract is safe for the investors.
The funds from the ICO will be stored in the smart contract and nobody will have an access to them so the funds will be secure.
Rumipl (OP)

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 01:54:18 PM

I agree, without a team and github history you have no idea with their development history.
- Only 1 contribution on Github : https://github.com/SmartBillions
  (no coding history; not knowing the history of the programmer)
- There's no copyright matters on the page bottom
- no 1500 ETH (for Hackaton) on contract as stated
- no Team & Dev's listed on the page
- worse of all, BLURRED Roadmap (and to be revealed after ICO)
- WHOIS : https://www.whois.com/whois/smartbillions.com
  (registered user could be from Poland)

:: Anyone can write a flamboyant Whitepaper::

Ref : https://ftalphaville.ft.com/2017/06/01/2189634/its-not-just-a-ponzi-its-a-smart-ponzi/

To answer your doubts:
Ad. 1 There was a new Github acreated for a SmartBillions project so it's obwious that the SmartBillions is the only contribution on the SmartBillions Github
Ad. 2 SmartBillions is a smart contract not a company, it's independent smart contract and nobody will own a copyrights to the site and smartcontract
Ad. 3 Please see the countdown timer on the official Hackathon site. The Hackathon starts 2.10 12:00 GMT and funds will be transferred to the smart contract before that date.
Ad. 4 We believe that the technology is more important than the team. This is why we risk 1500 ETH to validate the Smart contract quality and security.
Ad. 5 The product is ready - please see the smart contract. The team will be working on the project develompment, Mobile app. will be released in Q1 2018 followed by more projects.
Ad. 6 The domian is registered under domain owner

Please read the smart contract and get familiar with all the project details. We will be more than happy to answer all your questions.
Rumipl (OP)

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 02:25:11 PM

Looks like a very interested project
so the final project will be out before end of 2017 ?

The lottery will be launched immediately after the ICO ends.
The ICO will last 14 days or till the ICO max cap is reached.
Lottery will be launched around 30.10
Rumipl (OP)

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 02:40:29 PM

I have 2 questions. First off how are you calculating the odds of winning? And secondly (this relates to the first) do the numbers need to be in the same order as the winning numbers?

I've been trying to calculate the odds of winning that you guys have but I can't get your numbers. I don't know if my brain is just too tired right now but it seems like it should be either 6/16 x 6/16... or 1/16 x 1/16....

Hi, Yes the order is important.
Due to the importance of the number order it is not simply 1/16 x 1/16 etc.
You need to take into consideration the number of possible variances of each result.
We will send you a PM with an excel spreadsheet with calculation of lottery odds.
ResponsibleMan

Activity: 378

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 05:10:24 PM

Interesting information about the project. You can read  the whole article here: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/blockchain-lottery-to-end-a-300-billion-usd-monopoly_us_59c978ede4b08d6615504518
Wyre08

Activity: 84

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 05:56:36 PM

I have 2 questions. First off how are you calculating the odds of winning? And secondly (this relates to the first) do the numbers need to be in the same order as the winning numbers?

I've been trying to calculate the odds of winning that you guys have but I can't get your numbers. I don't know if my brain is just too tired right now but it seems like it should be either 6/16 x 6/16... or 1/16 x 1/16....

You need to take into consideration the number of possible variances of each result.
We will send you a PM with an excel spreadsheet with calculation of lottery odds.
Pm'd you my email address because I don't think you can pm excel sheets. I still can't get the thought out of my head that it would be 1/16 x 1/16... but that might be the reason I essentially failed statistics in college.
glennmatthew

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 06:14:09 PM

Rumiq, may I also request a copy. Please PM me.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
          ▄▄████████████▄▄
       ▄████████████████████▄
       ▀████████████████████▀
          ▀▀████████████▀▀
              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

temtum

█
    ██
   ████
  ██▌███
 ▐██▌███▌
 ███ ██▀▌
 ▀██ █▄██
 █▄█ ███▀
 ▀██ ██▄█
 █▄█ ███▌
  ██▌███
  ▐█▌██
   ▐█▌
    █
    █
     ▀

░░░░░░░░██████
░░░░░░░░██████
░░░░░░░░██████

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████

░░░██████
░░░██████
░░░██████

▄▄██████▄▄
       ▐██▀    ▀██▌
       ██        ██
       ██        ██
       ██        ██
      ██████████████
      █████  ███████     ██ 
  ██  █  ████████  █ ██   
      ███████  █████    ██   
      ██████████████

▄██▄
▀██▀         ▄██▄
             ▀██▀

▄██▄
       ▀██▀

▄██▄
  ▄██▄     ▀██▀
  ▀██▀

▄▄█▄▄   ▄
█▄        ████████▀▄
███      █████████▀
▐███▄    ████████▌
▄▄█████▄▄▄███████▌
  ▀█████████████
  ▄▄██████████▀
    ▄████████▀
▀▀████████▀
    ▀▀▀

▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄
   ▐█▄████████████▄█▌
  ▐██████████████████▌
  █████▀▀▀████▀▀▀█████
 █████     ██     █████
▐██████▄▄▄████▄▄▄██████▌
 ████▄▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄████
  ▀▀████        ████▀▀
      ▀▀        ▀▀

█▀▀▄▄▄█▄
         █    ▀█▀
       ▄▄█▄▄
▄██▄▄████████▄▄██▄
█████▀▀████▀▀█████
 ███▄  ▄██▄  ▄███
  ▀████▀██▀████▀
    ▀███▄▄███▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██ ██ ██ ██

██ ██ ██

██ ██

██ ██

Homepage

██ ██

██ ██

██ ██ ██

██ ██ ██ ██

White Paper
glennmatthew

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 06:17:36 PM

Pm'd you my email address because I don't think you can pm excel sheets. I still can't get the thought out of my head that it would be 1/16 x 1/16... but that might be the reason I essentially failed statistics in college.

Try 16^6 (ie 16x16x16x16x16x16) gives you the exact figure.

Where did you get 1/16 x 1/16 ? Smiley

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
          ▄▄████████████▄▄
       ▄████████████████████▄
       ▀████████████████████▀
          ▀▀████████████▀▀
              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

temtum

█
    ██
   ████
  ██▌███
 ▐██▌███▌
 ███ ██▀▌
 ▀██ █▄██
 █▄█ ███▀
 ▀██ ██▄█
 █▄█ ███▌
  ██▌███
  ▐█▌██
   ▐█▌
    █
    █
     ▀

░░░░░░░░██████
░░░░░░░░██████
░░░░░░░░██████

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████

░░░██████
░░░██████
░░░██████

▄▄██████▄▄
       ▐██▀    ▀██▌
       ██        ██
       ██        ██
       ██        ██
      ██████████████
      █████  ███████     ██ 
  ██  █  ████████  █ ██   
      ███████  █████    ██   
      ██████████████

▄██▄
▀██▀         ▄██▄
             ▀██▀

▄██▄
       ▀██▀

▄██▄
  ▄██▄     ▀██▀
  ▀██▀

▄▄█▄▄   ▄
█▄        ████████▀▄
███      █████████▀
▐███▄    ████████▌
▄▄█████▄▄▄███████▌
  ▀█████████████
  ▄▄██████████▀
    ▄████████▀
▀▀████████▀
    ▀▀▀

▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄
   ▐█▄████████████▄█▌
  ▐██████████████████▌
  █████▀▀▀████▀▀▀█████
 █████     ██     █████
▐██████▄▄▄████▄▄▄██████▌
 ████▄▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄████
  ▀▀████        ████▀▀
      ▀▀        ▀▀

█▀▀▄▄▄█▄
         █    ▀█▀
       ▄▄█▄▄
▄██▄▄████████▄▄██▄
█████▀▀████▀▀█████
 ███▄  ▄██▄  ▄███
  ▀████▀██▀████▀
    ▀███▄▄███▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██ ██ ██ ██

██ ██ ██

██ ██

██ ██

Homepage

██ ██

██ ██

██ ██ ██

██ ██ ██ ██

White Paper
Wyre08

Activity: 84

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 07:41:27 PM

Ok after looking at the sheet it makes sense. I was only calculating it for the case where you match 2 numbers. If you match all the numbers it is just 1/16 x 1/16 x 1/16 x 1/16 x 1/16 x 1/16. But when doing the other cases where you match 2, 3, 4, or 5 numbers there are multiple cases that match and I was brain farting and forgot about that.

For example:
If the winning numbers are:
1  2  3  4  5  6
there are different cases where you match 2 numbers ie
1  2   12  13  14  15  or
0  2   3    13   14  15 (an example of 2 cases where you match 2 numbers)

Edit: glennmatthew The 1/16 is just the fraction of your odds. If you take 16,777,216^(-1) you get the same number as (1/16)^6
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: