Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:54:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: WEX.nz  (Read 62160 times)
MtRev

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2018, 03:34:10 AM

Also there has been investor advisory notice by the monetary authority of Singapore since march clearly they must have got complains which clearly indicates to SCAM

I was just about to ask how do I fund my account with USD since I didn't see an option there. Now I think i need to find another exchange. Any suggestions besides coinbase?

Don't trade alone! Let's Talk Money!
Stocks, Options, Crypto, Forex, Dividends and the Commodities market
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GSVLTD

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 11:15:50 PM

Also there has been investor advisory notice by the monetary authority of Singapore since march clearly they must have got complains which clearly indicates to SCAM

I was just about to ask how do I fund my account with USD since I didn't see an option there. Now I think i need to find another exchange. Any suggestions besides coinbase?

Please do not Bitstamp or coinbase at least they communicate
thedreamer
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002

Go Big or Go Home.....

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 02:41:55 PM

Most of us have lost most if not ALL funds on the old BTC-E exchange when the exit scam went down. (Some of us almost triple digits in BTC lost)  Angry

On a more positive note, this might just make some people chuckle and smile though regarding

A plot to murder a Russian national being detained in Greece whilst fighting extradition to the U.S. over money laundering charges has been uncovered. Greek law enforcement found evidence of inmates in the prison conspiring to poison Alexander Vinnik.

Former Crypto Exchange Worker in Murder Plot
We first reported on the case of Alexander Vinnik last year. Vinnik is a former operator of the now defunct BTC-e exchange. He’s wanted on 21 counts of money laundering in the U.S. and fraud charges in his native Russia. The charges he faces in the U.S. are between $4 billion and $9 billion. Meanwhile, those levied at him in his homeland are considerably smaller at around 10,000 euros. Vinnik has fought extradition to the U.S., but agreed to being sent back to Russia if that were possible.

In December 2017, Vinnik lost his appeal against his extradition to the U.S. in December 2017. He continues to fight against it however claiming to be taking the case to the European Court of Human Rights.

However, earlier this year Greek law enforcement uncovered the plot to murder Vinnik. An unnamed source familiar with the events told news source Sputnik that although the plan has been known about for some months now, authorities hadn’t gone public with it whilst they gathered further information. Sputnik also claimed yesterday that one of their correspondents has seen documentation that confirms the authenticity of the plot to kill Vinnik.

Special security measures have been taken to protect Vinnik whilst he remains detained in Greece. For example, he is not allowed to receive food or water from unknown people. He’s also had security stepped up around him and is being kept away from other inmates for his own safety.

The source familiar with the matter went on to state that no special services from any nation are involved with the plot. Instead, it is being linked to the criminal underworld. He’s also denied any link with the recent case in the U.K. involving Russian agent Sergei Skripal despite the similarities. The source told the news publication:

“It all began after Vinnik’s extradition to the United States was blocked. There people who are extremely interested in him not coming to Russia. The assassination was ordered by some unknown person from Russia.”

The publication also reached out to Vinnik’s lawyers. Unfortunately, they refused to comment on the plot. They told Sputnik:

“Such statement should be investigated via a proper procedure, rather than through public statements and discussions.”

Tags: Alexander Vinnik, btc-e, Murder plot

Link : https://www.newsbtc.com/2018/05/11/russian-crypto-money-launderer-the-target-of-suspected-prison-murder-plot/

Go Big or Go Home.
GSVLTD

Activity: 8

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 11:02:29 PM

The wex.nz account got verified and we have the correct balances, it had significant balances.
Good luck to all waiting i guess patience is the key
CryptoChartIndex

Activity: 92
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 06:40:13 AM

WEX Exchange is now listed on CryptoChartIndex , Now you can get all information regarding WEX Exchange on CryptoChartIndex!
MDZZ

Activity: 101

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 10:32:26 AM

Great! Welcome more cryto trading platforms cooperate with Epay.com
thedreamer
Legendary

Go Big or Go Home.....

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 04:25:32 PM

Why would anyone trust this exchange again after the exit scam they pulled ?
You people are either fake or crazy.

Go Big or Go Home.
figmentofmyass
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 07:47:14 AM

Why would anyone trust this exchange again after the exit scam they pulled ?
You people are either fake or crazy.

i would never touch them again. but it seems guys in the CIS countries, their options are slim. there's exmo (same guys as btc-e) and there's wex, and there's small local exchanges. not sure what else, but that's the impression i get from my russian friend.

i don't consider it an exit scam. i saw the DOJ press release and got my 55% back. lost a lot (not as much as you). but easy come easy go, i guess.....

CryptoChartIndex

Activity: 92
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 10:48:25 AM

WEX Exchange is now listed on CryptoChartIndex , Now you can get all information regarding WEX Exchange on CryptoChartIndex!
TheKoziTwo
Legendary

Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 09:02:07 PM
Last edit: June 23, 2018, 09:16:42 PM by TheKoziTwo

I would like to express my highest appreciation for the team behind btc-e and wex. USA stole a lot of their money and seized their website/servers. USA tried to arrest the owners and was ready to put them in jail for 55 years (or more), thankfully USA failed. A few months back WEX recovered 100% of my lost funds and I withdrew them successfully (this was namecoin). Yes, I didn't lose anything. WEX deserves mad support from the crypto community in my opinion. They are the pirate bay of exchanges and the real heroes in crypto.

I realize some people have issues with btc-e. I am only giving this opinion from my own personal experience, which has been nothing but outstanding so far.

xtraelv
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1924

฿ear ride on the rainbow slide

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 02:17:05 PM

I would like to express my highest appreciation for the team behind btc-e and wex. USA stole a lot of their money and seized their website/servers. USA tried to arrest the owners and was ready to put them in jail for 55 years (or more), thankfully USA failed. A few months back WEX recovered 100% of my lost funds and I withdrew them successfully (this was namecoin). Yes, I didn't lose anything. WEX deserves mad support from the crypto community in my opinion. They are the pirate bay of exchanges and the real heroes in crypto.

I realize some people have issues with btc-e. I am only giving this opinion from my own personal experience, which has been nothing but outstanding so far.

If the accusations against them are true then they still have plenty of stolen BTC to launder. By using them you are helping them in laundering those stolen funds.

We are surrounded by legends on this forum. Phenomenal successes and catastrophic failures. Then there are the scams. This forum is a digital museum.  
* The most iconic historic bitcointalk threads.* Satoshi * Cypherpunks*MtGox*Bitcointalk hacks*pHiShInG* Silk Road*Pirateat40*Knightmb*Miner shams*Forum scandals*BBCode*
Troll spotting*Thank you to madnessteat for my custom avatar hat.
thedreamer
Legendary

Go Big or Go Home.....

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 08:38:11 PM

If the accusations against them are true then they still have plenty of stolen BTC to launder. By using them you are helping them in laundering those stolen funds.

You are one of a few. Most people got only 65% back of the stolen funds. YES they were stolen, NOT by the US Gov.
There is still a hit out on the people involved, so they'll be sleeping with the lights on for a loong time I'm sure.  Cheesy

Go Big or Go Home.
TheKoziTwo
Legendary

Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 02:42:17 PM

You are one of a few. Most people got only 65% back of the stolen funds. YES they were stolen, NOT by the US Gov.
There is still a hit out on the people involved, so they'll be sleeping with the lights on for a loong time I'm sure.  Cheesy
Stolen by who? hit on who? and where are your source?

The facts are: If the admins of btc-e wanted to steal money they could have done so. They could have taken 100% of our money and we couldn't have done much to stop them (you do realize that even US government failed right?). They decided to come back, and some of us already got 100% of our funds returned.

As for money laundering. You can't use exchanges without KYC if you want to avoid that. Because such thing as an anonymous exchange without money laundering is not possible.

Abdussamad
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 1564

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 11:22:13 AM

Price on wex is 12.5% higher than on finex. Anyone know what's going on?
badgerkiller

Activity: 50

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 08:43:30 PM

I had over 2000 PPC along with a smattering of other coins when BTC-e went down.  When WEX came up I bought all the PPCET and other tokens I could and put it all at a sell of 1:1.  This week all the PPCET, NMCET, NVCET and DSHET I had was redeemed by WEX.  Decided to sell all the other tokens as they totaled under .02btc.  Put sell orders and waited while little by little they were chipped away.  Ended up with over 1.1 BTC.  When I bought the tokens, if I had sold to BTC I calculated at the time I would have had around .65-.7 BTC.  Thanks to people dumping and running back then I ended up at almost 150% after 1 year even with PPC going down over 25% vs BTC, add in BTC up over 50% and really good year.  Not bad considering everyone was saying get out now it's a scam.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2018, 09:01:05 PM

Maybe because you'll never get your coins off of the exchange?

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
badgerkiller

Activity: 50

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 01:54:16 AM

if that were true, my withdrawal that has over 30 confirmations would not have happened

https://www.blockchain.com/en/btc/tx/8942039a43525890d5eda61231e4afeac76a83081701023ffe2252a1e723409d
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2018, 04:36:06 AM

if that were true, my withdrawal that has over 30 confirmations would not have happened

https://www.blockchain.com/en/btc/tx/8942039a43525890d5eda61231e4afeac76a83081701023ffe2252a1e723409d

Wish I could withdrawal my coins  Cry

I guess they need to trickle a few to keep the appearance of a normal exchange.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
petahashminer
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1037

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 10:15:00 AM

There is no withdrawal problem on wex.  But there is a opportinity for arbitrage. Because in last days price is above 1000$ from bitstamp.

Bitcoin is the path to lambo. Lambo leads to women. Women lead to marriage. Marriage leads to...suffering.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 01:37:17 PM

There is no withdrawal problem on wex.  But there is a opportinity for arbitrage. Because in last days price is above 1000$ from bitstamp.

there is absolutely no way there is not a problem if there's a premium of that magnitude. it would be wiped out in seconds. no one allows free money to be left on the table.

it looks like some sort of USDT issue. it's $1.24 there. again, if it was possible to move in and out that would evaporate instantly.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: