Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 10:14:38 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Who can destroy Bitcoin ?  (Read 21674 times)
House_stark

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 02:07:23 PM

The only problem is as you destroy more and more bitcoin the price continues to rise as supply diminishes because of your destroying efforts.This will be the main issue and draw back from destroying Bitcoin, you need to have a lot of money backing your efforts.The same goes for anyone attempting to slowdown transactions or modify the blockchain thru brute force type hacking. You would need a tremendous amount of costly computing power at this point to manipulate or destroy any aspect of the bitcoin process (mining, transactions, exchange).This probably was all much more achievable in the next two years of bitcoin when value and computing power required was much, much lower
javalemcgee

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 02:09:59 PM

1.miners can destroy bitcoin if no one mines bitcoins anymore, nobody can exchange them. Miners basically get a commission because they use their processing power to process transactions  between bitcoin wallets.
So, if no one is mining anymore, which is unlikely for now, you will actually destroy the currency. Even if it is still worth something, you won't be able to exchange it, so it is like destroying it.
2.if  Governments all over the world restrict the contact points with regular money and can make it very, very hard to exchange Bitcoins. Which would make it useless for transactions outside the network.
3.The third way is to send coins out of an address is to use the private key that created that address. No private key, no ability to send or verify those coins.
One could potentially “destroy” coins by sending them to an address that has no private key, or to simply send it to yourself and erase all copies of your own private key. This will result in those coins being lost in that address forever effectively destroying them.

Good points, in addition to this, 51% attack can also destroy bitcoin, but this is not likely to happen at the moment. A total ban can also destroy bitcoin, imagine all of the countries ban bitcoin.

This wold be horrifying for the whole blockchain and bitcoin community.
CryptoLoverz

Activity: 322

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 02:20:37 PM

another coin will destroy if, bitcoin die. just if.
we dont know when it will die. supply of bitcoin still much, we need loss more bitcoin to decrease it.
bitcoin too strong to be kill by other altcoin, with price comparison that can be compare
ankit05

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 02:37:19 PM

I think the country with the strongest economy can destroy it. bitcoin in my opinion is difficult to destroy because it is too strong, china alone by forbidding ico only little impact to bitcoin, now the price of bitcoin is back to normal.
bitcoin can be destroyed if their is a massive hacker's attack on the network and they start publishing the network key of all bitcoin users.
Skyshark

Activity: 505

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 02:43:01 PM

I think destroying anything not only bitcoin is easy, all younhave to do is to drop it, or not support it. Once there is no one who is using or investing or even just taking a look at it, then it would definitely fall down. The problem is how can you put down or destro something like bitcoin?, its a great help to people who knows bitcoin and just how would peopl stop using it if it greatly aids their needs.

lfc_san

Activity: 132
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 02:51:00 PM

Bitcoin is growing very powerfully but in this present scenario which factors can destroy or make its market value Zero.
Nowadays in many countries , bitcoin only become virtual currency. This means it can only be accessed via the internet. And only a few trusted webs to access the bitcoin. This means that, if all countries have no internet or that may still block the web access then that's when it will be near the fall of the bitcon.
aardvark15

Activity: 1008
Merit: 510

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 02:54:48 PM

If Bitcoin someone and can destroy Bitcoin, then this is China. Although honestly, depending on how fast it grows, and the fact that China is not the only superpower in the world, I can say that Bitcoin's collapse will not happen.

It seems to me that bitcoins have become so widespread that nothing can completely destroy them. Of course, they can be undermined by a weak market situation, but they will not destroy it completely. The situation of bitcoins is constantly stabilizing, so I do not think it is possible.

I think Bitcoin will survive and last for a long time but there are a few scenarios by which Bitcoin could fail:

1) Major countries could over-regulate Bitcoin to the point that it is just an underground currency. That could make it weaker and it may not survive.

2) A group of wealthy investors could gain 51% of Bitcoin and could take it over. At this point I think this is unlikely.

3) Over time, the fees could get too high and people stop using Bitcoin.

4) An altcoin or several altcoins could eventually become more popular and phase Bitcoin out.

Like I said, I don't think Bitcoin will fail, but these are a few ways that it could happen.
Bay_Harbour_Butcher

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 03:09:21 PM

I think the government is the one who can destroy bitcoin, because if the government forbids bitcoin, and turns off all bitcoin access, then there will be nothing else to do bitcoin transactions

DoomDumas
Legendary

Activity: 1002
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 01:58:39 AM

Bitcoin is growing very powerfully but in this present scenario which factors can destroy or make its market value Zero.

Even in a LEE (Life Extinction Event) on Earth, Bitcoin may survive.. It's so resilient than even if there's no one still alive on earth, chances are that some bitcoins may survive humanity !
davids

Activity: 735
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 02:04:03 AM

A massive restriction on global scale: Governments all over the world restrict the contact points with regular money and make it very, very hard to exchange Bitcoins.
nkarm1

Activity: 306

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 02:51:32 AM

Bitcoin might be a virtual treasure, but somehow as time passed by developers and inventors are being smart on the way that they are storing their bitcoin(ledger wallet for example). So I really think that bitcoin's technology is coping up with the current tech threats that might attack it. Sooner or later we will be invulnerable on current threats right now. And governments? I really don't think that all of them might ban it, there will be and there would still be one that will allow it because of the advantages that it can bring to them.

Speaking extraterrestrial or supernatural events like(excessive sun flares that can emit excessive magnetic effect, Grin) we will die first before bitcoin dies. Haha
koralan

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 03:02:25 AM

I think that bitcoin will not stop anything. Most likely in budshche it will become one and the central world currencies.
Singwala

Activity: 462
Merit: 260

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 03:10:07 AM

I think that just breaking the bitcoins is the government. Because they can stop bitcoins and if all the governments around the world are united to break down the bitcoins it is certain that many people will lose interest to get into it. Just like china made nearly $ 1,000 they dropped the price of bitcoins after saying they stopped the ICOs, Exchanger and Bitcoins

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
JINBI

merges gold’s investment
holding value
with
blockchain technology
[
T H E   G O L D E N   I C O
────────     WHITEPAPER     ────────
]
▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
Real_Person

Activity: 144
Merit: 27

Smarter Contracts: "Quietly Making Noise"

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 03:11:06 AM

The Bitcoin network is secure, as far as we know. BTC can be "destroyed" by a greedy, thieving community always in a mad rush towards a quick payday. Thank goodness that will never happen.
Rajamuda

Activity: 924
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 03:28:15 AM

It's been true that bitcoin keeps getting stronger as time goes by, but i don't really think that bitcoin will be crushed until its market value becomes zero.. i don't think that's possible. I think bitcoin will continue to growing up and more intelligent people will support bitcoin in the world considering bitcoin is already proven to helping many people in financial problems and very benefical.
Maria_Martin

Activity: 32

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 09:05:00 AM

Quantum Computers maybe?
Cryptocurrencies are remarkably and progressively gaining mainstream recognition. However, it is time for the cryptocurrency developer community to keep a close watch on the development of quantum computing and get armed with contingencies, in case what is feared does indeed becomes a reality.
zarados

Activity: 364
Merit: 130

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 09:21:51 AM

don't you think the bitcoin is the pure form of democracy?

So if you talk about who can destroy bitcoin, My answer is ofcourse the users of bitcoin. They could made the bitcoin price increasing over time,

but they could also bring bitcoin to its extinction. And this applies equally to other cryptocurrencies. Without users, they could not be survive.

The user are the key of cryptocurrency existence.
skjus

Activity: 22

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 11:21:09 AM

I dont think that something or anyone can destroy bitcoin.
cutecute

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 12:03:14 PM

I think no one can destroy Bitcoin you know why? Because there are so many people who using Bitcoin and I think that they not let somebody to destroy it. Some of us are defending on Bitcoin so why we let somebody to destroy it.
Lintels

Activity: 23

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 03:39:12 PM

Bitcoin cannot be truly destroyed without a global catastrophe that wipes out pretty much all electricity on the planet.There are many things which could cause the value of Bitcoin to decrease; but it is nearly impossible for Bitcoin to be completely destroyed.Dev's in prison would do very little Outlawing would need to be done in-sync globally; or else the nations that continue to allow it will allow it to prosper even more.In my opinion the way to hurt Bitcoin the most would be to buy an enormous amount and artificially sustain the price at ridiculous levels; get mining difficulty insanely high; and then unload your coins. If the market crashes enough miners will be unprofitable and shut down; causing blocks to not be processed.However it would be possible in such an emergency scenario to hard-fork Bitcoin to lower the difficulty. So an attack like this would cost billions and there is no guarantee Bitcoin wouldn't just route around it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  

Jump to: