Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 08:55:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Who can destroy Bitcoin ?  (Read 21674 times)
mukeymon

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 03:46:53 PM

i think yes , If no one mines bitcoins anymore, nobody can exchange them. Miners basically get a commission because they use their processing power to process transacrions between bitcoin wallets.So, if no one is mining anymore, which is unlikely for now, you will actually destroy the currency. Even if it is still worth something, you won't be able to exchange it, so it is like destroying it.
Swopon
Copper Member

Activity: 700
Merit: 120

Gamdom

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2017, 03:50:12 PM

only it's creator and founder can destroy it 😎

Reid

Activity: 2898
Merit: 642

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 04:38:13 PM

i think yes , If no one mines bitcoins anymore, nobody can exchange them. Miners basically get a commission because they use their processing power to process transacrions between bitcoin wallets.So, if no one is mining anymore, which is unlikely for now, you will actually destroy the currency. Even if it is still worth something, you won't be able to exchange it, so it is like destroying it.

But the problem is it wont stop since there is a good income there as long as you have the equipment for it.
If I have the capital and time to make one then I will. But this time my friends might start it so maybe I will just invest with them. There are still many who wants to do it so it is impossible to stop.
Now, if there is something who could destroy it, it will just be the FUD that will scatter and people believing it. That is all that matter.
Mukulislam

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 05:10:25 PM

Bitcoin is growing very powerfully but in this present scenario which factors can destroy or make its market value Zero.
I do not think anyone can destroy bitcoin.Because it is safe and well developed currency.When most of people sell it, the price will drop,  when most of people buy it,  the price will go up.I think bitcoin will survive much more.
mammoniter

Activity: 574

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2017, 05:24:29 PM

Bitcoin is growing very powerfully but in this present scenario which factors can destroy or make its market value Zero.

if by anychance there would be a better crypto currency that will reduce the demands of bitcoin investors or someone find a hole in the blockchain and somehow convinced everyone that it is not secure to use bitcoin. Those are the only factors that I see that may make bitcoin obsolete but I doubt it will happen, bitcoin wouldn't strive up to these day if it were easy to be destroyed.

infinity33

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 05:43:26 PM

I do not think anyone can destroy bitcoin.Because it is safe and well developed currency.When most of people sell it, the price will drop,  when most of people buy it,  the price will go up.I think bitcoin will survive much more.
And as the day it start it is last until now we see the development of it so how can anyone can destroy it as we can see that this a decentralized currency as of now.
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 05:44:13 PM

No single entity can bring down bitcoin and I think anything that does bring down bitcoin will cause much bigger problems then to worry about bitcoins.
Destroying bitcoin will be like destroying the internet and peoples freedom. It just won't happen. People will never stand for it.

Anyway what will be gained for destroying bitcoin ?
What can be gained by destroying bitcoin? Easily, banks do not like competition, bitcoin allows you to be your own bank, and if every person is his own bank then, why do we need banks at all? So they are doing their best to avoid that scenario, and governments hate bitcoin as well, they cannot tax your bitcoin directly, they cannot confiscate your money, so both of these entities need to destroy bitcoin.
Bionicgalaxy

Activity: 317
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 06:03:50 PM

In my own opinion, only the government can only destroy bitcoin they are the one's who makes the laws and they can do whatever they want because they are powerful to command people. But i still hope that bitcoin cannot be removed by the government as long we don't do any bad activities using bitcoin.
Rinaze

Activity: 322

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 06:08:37 PM

Segwitx2 which is going to claimed itself as Bitcoin posed significant threat in my opinion (if it comes to pass in November). In this case of who, that would be the 58 companies located in 22 countries who support the fork. Other than that, miners probably is the next closest group that could bring down Bitcoin. Especially so when a majority of the miners (despite different entities) come from just one country.

leonair

Activity: 1260
Merit: 390

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 06:12:16 PM

For me Bitcoin will never be destroy by anyone at any chance as of now because it is too strong and at its peak at this very moment, I don't even see a reason for its fall down no matter what. But everything can change though even in a snap of a finger, maybe the only way to destroy it is by using that 51% computing power in the whole world and breach the network of it then show the people that is hack-able(even though it is not).

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
annbagira

Activity: 518

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 08:04:07 PM

Hello author! It can be affected by  losses from natural hazards and related environmental and technological disasters.You hear about Fukushima and  Chernobyl ? You know about forests and how awful people destroy the Earth. Tell me please   to whom needs yours bitcoin in Syria where your life costs nothing? You can feed your family with digital currency?
It is  seems very strange to me how people make deforestation  this is awful because trees do a lot of positive things for example trees produce oxygen. I think someday people will need by it as something expensive and then I hope  digital currency will be enough to buy some oxygen)
doublebit21

Activity: 173

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 02:04:11 AM

Bitcoin cannot be truly destroyed without a global catastrophe that wipes out pretty much all electricity on the planet. There are many things which could cause the value of Bitcoin to decrease, but it is nearly impossible for Bitcoin to be completely destroyed. In my opinion the way to hurt Bitcoin the most would be to buy an enormous amount and artificially sustain the price at ridiculous levels; get mining difficulty insanely high; and then unload your coins. If the market crashes enough miners will be unprofitable and shut down; causing blocks to not be processed.
eann014

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 02:22:17 AM

When all countries forbid the use of Bitcoin then Bitcoin will not be worth it.
so I think that can destroy Bitcoin is the Government.
Yeah, and I think it will destroy if we stop using bitcoin, all of us bitcoiners stop use bitcoin. But I think it is impossible to destroy bitcoin that easy. A lot of people now are using bitcoin and a lot of different country uses it, so it is impossible to stop unless Government ban bitcoin and they will influence a lot of people for stop using it.
ALT67890

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 02:53:09 AM

I feel that the only scenario that makes me think that bitcoin is destroyed or gone is by a world war 3 that is impossible to happen by the way. Because “internet” might be turned off for a long time because of damage infrastructure that connect as all. I don’t want it to happen either, it is just the only event this bitcoin phenomena will end.
vandvl

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 02:58:39 AM

i think the leader of each country if they say ban all crypto in the country we are nothing to do...or else the internet is shutdown in the whole world..
The Monkey King

Activity: 284

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 03:04:26 AM

I think bitcoin cannot be truly or easily destroyed without the presence of any global catastrophe that wipes out all the electricity or source of power in the planet. As we all know, there are things which could cause the value of Bitcoin to decrease and it could be one cause that bitcoin might completely destroyed. But I hope that bitcoin will still survive, no matter what.
Fuhre

Activity: 644
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 03:05:48 AM

The government can not destroy bitcoin, they can only forbid it! Nothing can destroy bitcoin, especially at this time bitcoin is growing rapidly in every country.
Like China, the government can not destroy it so they can only prohibit citizens using bitcoins.
lyks15

Activity: 546

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 06:52:26 AM

I think the government can destroy the bitcoin. Honestly speaking if they did not get anything like tax they did not support or they did not let it to last long. All they want are the things that they can have a income. Either they can destroy or they banned the bitcoin or they put a big tax to it. And I thing that can destroy bitcoin is when no one to use or patronage the bitcoin. But I think that is impossible. All of us want bitcoin and the use or value of it.

▼                          NΛTURΛL8       MAKING POKER FUN AGAIN                        ▼
►          $500k Rush & Cash Monthly   |   200% First Deposit   |   $150k Short Deck Hold'em          ◄
▲          [   ● FACEBOOK   ]     Download The App Here     [     ● TWITTER     ]          ▲
agus_purno

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 07:28:16 AM

The government can not destroy bitcoin, they can only forbid it! Nothing can destroy bitcoin, especially at this time bitcoin is growing rapidly in every country.
Like China, the government can not destroy it so they can only prohibit citizens using bitcoins.
that's right, bitcoin will be very hard to destroy because the system is made very good and
until now bitcoin still exists, whereas China is the most influential country to the world
but what we see now they can not destroy Bitcoin and can only forbid

███  ████     BAANX  |  The Cryptobank Revolution     ████  ███
▬▬▬  ►  ▬▬▬  ANN  Whitepaper  Telegram  Facebook  Twitter  Medium  ▬▬▬  ◄  ▬▬▬
PRE-SALE IS OPEN!  ▬▬  Register for 100BXX!  ▬▬  Subscribe to our NEWSLETTER
MiF

Activity: 1386
Merit: 258

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 07:33:22 AM

I think a world war III is the most probably among other possibilities because this war will going to be a nuclear war in which capable of destroying species. Internet will going dead, communications will going to be dead and buildings will going to be destroyed. I'm afraid if this will happen our bitcoin records will be wipe out including out private keys so let just hope nations are always finding solutions to prevent wars.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  

Jump to: