Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 01:41:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Who can destroy Bitcoin ?  (Read 21674 times)
NavySeals

Activity: 371
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 05:44:31 PM

Well, maybe quantum computer can do something bad to bitcoin, but it won't be destroyed.

Anything consensus related can be solved with a hard fork.
Sha256 will not be affected by quantum computers because the difficulty will adjust to that so blocks will still be on average every 10 minutes.

But many people don't believe that quantum computer will exists someday, its like fiction for them.

Governments can ban and destroy bitcoin.

Softrware hackers or supercomputers can't do this really. The algorithm of the bitcoin is supercomputer resistant, I guess.
wenjun123

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 06:02:55 PM

Bitcoin could have been destroyed several years ago, at the stage of initial development and instability. Now this is impossible. He firmly sits in the world economy, a huge number of people continue to invest in it. There must be something incredible that will completely change the world - a natural catastrophe, the disappearance of the Internet and technology (which is unlikely).

Granxis

Activity: 1400
Merit: 536

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 06:07:53 PM

I think no one can destroy bitcoin, because no one has the ability to destroy it. I think if someone can try to destroy it they will not successful and they spend a lot of time before they destroy bitcoin completely. Because bitcoin is very popular and in demand in all over the world. Its impossible that someone can destroy bitcoin because it is strongest currency now and stable. No one can attempt to destroy bitcoin because it is useful and profitable. We always believe that bitcoin is much stronger than any other currency.
Five to six years ago, nobody believed in Btc, they called ponzi and balloon. A long time passed and BTC proved itself, but BTC needs to constantly update itself. They said the Titanic ship would not down, but it went down.

.Duelbits.
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
..DICE...
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
.MINES.
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
.PLINKO.
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
NEARLY UP TO
.50%. REWARDS
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
jackzoo

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 06:09:18 PM

China and Russia
daarul50
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 06:14:15 PM

I do not think bitcoin will suffer destruction because over time more and more people are using bitcoin to perform various transactions or just investment. only one thing can destroy the bitcoin ie the internet. bitcoin will be destroyed if the internet can no longer be accessed and it will be impossible.
pushups44

Activity: 854
Merit: 281

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 06:16:26 PM

Absent a massive catastrophe on planet Earth, nothing can destroy bitcoin, and certainly no single entity or nation. Bitcoin is designed to survive censorship and hacking attempts. Individual units of the cryptocurrency can be stolen or destroyed, but the system as a whole will remain intact.
Redanim

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 06:30:03 PM

Destroy bitcoin can only all governments together, if all countries in the world will recognize bitcoin as illegal, but even if it happens I think that bitcoin will still working. And also investors themselves, if big players will stop investing in bitcoins millions and billions money, then bitcoin will collapse, and there will be no demand for it.
Abbexe

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 06:33:35 PM

I dont think there is any1 that can destroy bitcoin for now. The only competitor i see is etherium but it will take alot from them to conquer bitcoin
Haunebu

Activity: 3066
Merit: 969

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 07:02:04 PM

Well, maybe quantum computer can do something bad to bitcoin, but it won't be destroyed.

Sha256 will not be affected by quantum computers because the difficulty will adjust to that so blocks will still be on average every 10 minutes.

But many people don't believe that quantum computer will exists someday, its like fiction for them.

Softrware hackers or supercomputers can't do this really. The algorithm of the bitcoin is supercomputer resistant, I guess.
Your statement that governments can ban and destroy bitcoin is silly in so many ways. Just look at what happened when China decided to ban the bitcoin exchanges in their country. Obviously, nothing happened. The Chinese caused a small dip in bitcoin value, but now it is rallying like crazy to a new ATH. The truth is that no government in the world can ban bitcoin and the crypto world. The current bitcoin rally validates my statement.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
A Fahriz Thiago

Activity: 210

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2017, 07:08:30 PM

Bitcoin is growing very powerfully but in this present scenario which factors can destroy or make its market value Zero.
Maybe this time to beat bitcoin is impossible, but someday definitely bitcoin will down and there is a new rank 1.

wisdomcn

Activity: 350

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 08:05:51 PM

The only thing I think that can destroy bitcoin within a tickle of eyes is panic. Panic is a trig that fear which lead people pulling out their investment and it will negatively affect the price of bitcoin. That's what I sees the government do most times is to create panic in the bitcoin world.   
monir34

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 08:45:12 PM

I can't think Bitcoin will destroy. How is it possible?  Bitcoin is mother coin. It's not like other alt coin. It's not controlled by any organization. Bitcoin is very strong. It's value is different from other alt coin. Everywhere using now Bitcoin specially in online. So I think it's not possible to become destroy.
Jurski

Activity: 140

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 09:18:11 PM

People who will not support it and government
Momoamzad

Activity: 1022

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2017, 09:21:59 PM

I know everyone is thinking that nothing can distroy bitcoin . I also think so. Bitcoin popularity increased so much that it coudnot be destroyed like that. But etherum has great potentiality to give a race in crypto world.

ripti

Activity: 252

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 09:23:14 PM

Bitcoin will not destroy anyone. However, since Bitcoin is online based coins, if for some reason the Internet system is in place then Bitcoin will automatically be destroyed.
GreenCoin22

Activity: 547
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 09:37:10 PM

I was thinking the same thing before investing in Bitcoin. Is there any factor or factors that can remove it from the market. But now on I do believe that it has grown too much and even US legalized it by putting licence and a kind of tax in it. Bearing in mind that other countries are also taking some steps towards it to legalize it or making it usable in financial institutions which makes it as a fiat currency so I do believe that the same factors that can destroy dollar or euro also apply to bitcoin.
praveesasonian

Activity: 13

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 09:38:45 PM

Actually noone can destroy Bitcoin for now except the investors, if they're not paying their intension for Bitcoin any more, i'm sure Bitcoin will be dead.
2taps

Activity: 266
Merit: 107

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 09:40:38 PM

I think that the governments of some country's will try to gain from bitcoin talk and maybe even threaten them to get their money because the government has so much power and i think that bitcoin doesn't really have anything to defend themselves.
bitfornewbs

Activity: 168

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 09:42:10 PM

Bitcoin is growing very powerfully but in this present scenario which factors can destroy or make its market value Zero.

Lack of faith. Forks after forks. And government. If bitcoin were to be banned in all countries, there will be no people who would like to invest in it as it will be considered illegal. For now, those factors are unlikely to happen this year 2017. But I think bitcoin will continue to grow even if it experience many dumps as it is the step for new possibilities and opportunities for other people.
lvincent

Activity: 294
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 09:46:22 PM

I think right now no one can destroy bitcoin of course there are possibilities that bitcoin destroyed but these possibilities are not likely to happen an example is internet shutdown bitcoin will gonna be destroyed if this happen but it's impossible and if all of the countries ban bitcoin it's value will starting to crashed but it's impossible too as you can see a lot of country is recognizing bitcoin so why will they ban it. Basically in this moment nothing can destroy bitcoin.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  

Jump to: