Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 03:05:43 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Who can destroy Bitcoin ?  (Read 21674 times)
zeaderza

Activity: 896
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 07:32:33 AM

The only way to destroy bitcoin is to shut down the internet. There will be no way to transfer bitcoin from person to person since the internet is the essential tool to perform bitcoin activities. Unless they would develop offline bitcoin or else the widely used payment method is through fiat money.
You're wrong, bitcoin can be destroyed by another cryptocurrency. Yes, you read it right because if there is another cryptocurrency that will be popular and better than bitcoin then that will become the reason for bitcoin to be destroyed and there is already a lot of altcoins in the market that can compete with bitcoin but i believe that bitcoin is still stronger than them so the destruction of bitcoin will not come fast and it will take a few more years.
I don’t think so bitcoin can be destroyed by someone because bitcoin is just passed from that time where someone can destroyed bitcoin because bitcoin is now very stable and strong in market and day by day bitcoin is going more high then ever so bitcoin is now use to with all challenges and bitcoin know how to fight against them.
xiaomingdada

Activity: 141
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 07:36:25 AM

There is currently nothing to destroy bitcoin. Of course, if the global Internet is closed, the bitcoin disappears. Because there is no Internet, there is no bitcoin. But now is the Internet age, so do not worry, the Internet and bitcoin will not disappear.Smiley

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!
soudao

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 07:52:05 AM

I think in some areas or countries you may say this situation, it is really too difficult to completely destroy, unless the world war or the destruction of the Earth?
bukikbarisan

Activity: 119

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 12:06:55 PM

I'm not sure about what can destroy bitcoin? Maybe I think a country with a growing economy can destroy it. I think bitcoin is hard to get rid of because it's too strong, in China's country alone by banning ico only a small impact on bitcoin, now the price of bitcoin is back in balance.
katarin2030

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 12:16:45 PM

I think in some areas or countries you may say this situation, it is really too difficult to completely destroy, unless the world war or the destruction of the Earth?
As of now no problem for bitcoin, but surely governament can destroy this if they ban the bitcoin that is nothing but destroying it. By decreasing the price of bitcoin can destroy when no buyers are there that also destroys the coin.
Erlinda Santiago

Activity: 266

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 12:18:16 PM

be sure nothing can destory Bitcoin  Grin
yeah no one can destroy bitcoin unless all people in the world stop using the bitcoin then it will destroy but it will never happens

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │       T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  21st  J U N E                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Reddit           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
caloy06

Activity: 210
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 12:20:33 PM

For that, bitcoin can not hurt you why you have the best bitcoin oppurtunity for me and those who want to earn a lot and have their extra income every day. No one can break the bitcoin because it's so big and it might be yet the cause of a country's development is tough or difficult to achieve in the life of a poor man.
Fatanut
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1060

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 12:26:19 PM

Bitcoin's power is built by the amount of hype it's receiving from its users. Without us, bitcoin will be nothing. People are still the one in control of bitcoin and bitcoin in itself doesn't have a power. If no one is using bitcoin, then bitcoin is dead. I think that the only one who can destroy bitcoin is the bitcoin users themselves. Unless the developers had a patch which destroyed bitcoin or there's an exploit sitting there for a while and people have found it, then the only way for bitcoin to be destroyed is through the users' actions.

There are some people here saying that the government can destroy bitcoin. Well if they actually do, then they should have destroyed it by now and let the whole thing be forgotten in history. Prevention is better than cure, right? It's better to prevent this whole thing from going mainstream than to destroy it by the time when people have already made tons of cryptocurrencies which is similar to bitcoins. Honestly, no single entity has a power to control bitcoin. The action has to be made by the majority of bitcoin's user for it to take effect.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

James Messy

Activity: 56
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 12:35:47 PM

Bitcoin is growing very powerfully but in this present scenario which factors can destroy or make its market value Zero.
Is it possible to destroy Bitcoin?
sonny123

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 12:36:27 PM

in my opinion it can only be destroyed by hackers,UN, and Bill gates 😊 correct me if im wrong but its just what comes in my mind if someone says that it could be destroyed
tekimebounty

Activity: 51

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 12:39:08 PM

Bitcoin is growing very powerfully but in this present scenario which factors can destroy or make its market value Zero.
Is it possible to destroy Bitcoin?
Bitcoin - maybe. Cryptocurrencies - no! Blockchain technology now in our world.
Rosilito

Activity: 658
Merit: 274

Wish for the rain? Then deal with the mud too.

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 12:39:54 PM

Bitcoin provides everything. It can be either be in bad or in good. It provides EVERYTHING, because bitcoin is a money, and money talks it can deceive every people even the educated one. When money is in the line it conquers the whole body of a person, even when it means killing or sex because money provides satisfaction.

So for the answer to your question. It is our shallow thinking on how we use bitcoin. When we use it in a bad way continuously then the government will ban it, and bitcoin might possible be gone, and that is how we possibly destroy bitcoin.
camsss

Activity: 67

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 12:42:24 PM

I don't think that anyone can destroy bitcoin. Even a certain country will ban bitcoin, it will decrease its value for a meantime but as the time goes by, it will get back to its previous value and will continue to increase. Bitcoin can also be destroyed if there will be an overall shutdown of internet connection all over the world.

Labay

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 12:48:05 PM

I think it can destroy if anyone choose another coin than bitcoin then other coin is better than bitcoin so i think in this kind of scenario bitcoin has a chance to die and another coin must be the next future coin.

❏  ixian    Github -    Discord - ANN -    Telegram - Reddit - Twitter      ❏  ixian
66.6  TRANSACTIONS PER SECOND                 REDEFINING HOW WE CONNECT               GET INVOLVED NOW
██████ Data Streaming Hybrid-Proof DLT  Blockchain based IM  ██████
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 02:52:28 PM

it is getting damn tough to destroy bitcoin

But things to remember

BTC will correct 30%..it always seems to come in waves with such a correction...(this is like the 6th or something)

The question becomes at WHAT PRICE will it adjust at?

As to my own guess (now proven wrong) I thought with BTC at 1k at the beginning of 2017....and when it got to 6k it would

correct to 4k ...which it did (kinda)

but now it is 8k and they are saying 10k or 12k ...so if it corrects from 12k to 8k ..well and it was 1k at the first of the year..should that not be expected?

so, no clue except as previous posts it is all of this gain in crypto and BTC value is mostly due to newbies coming in and old farts like us in it since 2013 or before are still

HODL'ing..with 20% of all BTC already in the world..... yeah....no idea...where this could go as long as we have new adoption and stubborn old types like myself

Then again, I may crack like a nut at the first of the year, (new tax year) if BTC hits 10k...or more a BTC  and don't get me started on my ALTS...even

more clueless in that direction.... I mean for crying out loud it is barely winter 2017 now and last fall of 2016 it was $475 ( I know because I got 1 BTC of LISK....man that worked really

really well)

Anyway, without a doubt, 2017 is the year sh*t got real for BTC and crypto.....

Getting harder to hodl thou..and think of my crypto like (tulips/fairydust/magic internet money/unicorn cash/etc) ..you kinda HAVE TO think of it in these terms like

paper profits...only ...if you dwell on it too much...you will crack like a nut

and hell ...wtf will I do say in July of 2018 say with BTC at say $24k each (with the corresponding pump of alts, which I am more confused about that hoard)

well, interesting times indeed

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Cryonix

Activity: 43

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 02:59:23 PM

Who can destroy Bitcoin ?
When there will be a strong enough "Solar Flare", which our planets "Magnetic Field" wont be able to handle, all electronics on earth will burn out, which will lead to Bitcoin Death also.
This is not a bullshit, because this have already happened, and will happen again.
Potchi

Activity: 191

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 03:49:50 PM

Bitcoin surely can be destroyed by few factors. Firstly the government authorities. If The federation of all countries like United Nations decides bitcoin as a threat to the present banking and financial systems, that would bring a huge loss to the bitcoin investors. We have recently seen a glimpse of such an incident when Chinese banned the ICO and exchanges.

Secondly, bitcoin can be destroyed if their is a massive hacker's attack on the network and they start publishing the network key of all bitcoin users. This way, a lot of uncertainty and confusion will fused in to market and many investors will turn negative to it siting the weak security of their funds. It will cause a massive loss of interest among the investors and the price will start to go down.

There may be more factors, but for me, these two factors can easily bring down the price of bitcoin and eventually destroys it. 

I agree that Bitcoin can be destroyed by some factors like how government authorities would think that it can be a threat to such things like banking and other financial systems that could result a massive loss of its inverstors and their interest like what happened in China.

I also believe that bitcoin can be destroyed by these hackers who can manipulate and attack the network of all bitcoin users. This idea will cause a huge problem because it will cause these investors and possible investors' unsureness and hesitation about the security of their funds because they will think that is not well-secured.

This idea could also create a fuse in the market that would cause a huge loss of interest among the investors and possible investors that will lead to bring down the price of bitcoin and destroy it. I agree that these 2 factors are the only possible scenarios that might destroy the Bitcoin.

zeze18

Activity: 938
Merit: 256

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 03:54:24 PM

in my opinion,nobody can destroy Bitcoin even a country is not necessarily able to destroy Bitcoin because Bitcoin decentralized.
but there is one way that can destroy Bitcoin,that is all people leave Bitcoin of course it is impossible considering Bitcoin a very good source of income and Bitcoin become the future for us.
Albertartur

Activity: 34

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 04:03:53 PM

Very sure nothing can destory Bitcoin,  that's all
freeElectron

Activity: 101

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 04:05:30 PM

Very sure nothing can destory Bitcoin,  that's all

No need. It was hijacked and you did not even notice.
Centralized banking is on  the schedule now with the lightning network side chains.
Sidechains are the governments DREAM. Something which can be controlled, and tracked. Blockstream recently said in their investor letter that Sidechains will implement KYC/AML and no longer allow semi-anonymity that Bitcoin used to give. KYC/AML means taxes — and full control over every transaction and who is who. A libertarian’s nightmare.
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  

Jump to: