Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 06:56:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: would you live in a country that use bitcoin as official currency?  (Read 5246 times)
mace15

Activity: 1428
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 08:27:16 AM

A country with bitcoin as it's official currency is a concept that's not currently ready for the current world, as the demand for the currency would skyrocket, and it would require a few kinks to be worked out to make it convinient to use it for everday routines. Maybe in the future, but not now.
Nowadays bitcoin has been circulating worldwide but not yet legalized in some countries. Living in a country to use as bitcoin as official currency is a difficult to adjust. You know bitcoin value fluctuates daily and it is not suitable for daily use to purchase good, and services. Moreover, I'm not ready for this implementation in case if this would happen.
Momoamzad

Activity: 1022
Merit: 100

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2017, 08:40:24 AM

Still now there is not yet any country that officially use bitcoin in office or anywhere. But hopefully very soon we will be able to see something like that . I would love to live there where bitcoin can use official currency.

Savemore

Activity: 952
Merit: 274

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 08:51:30 AM

would you live in a country that use bitcoin as official currency?
assume that you're living there and get paid also in bitcoin. do you think it's possible to live in a country when one day the currency go up or down in 20%?
Yeah of course I will live in that country. That is one of my dream, to live in the country that use bitcoin as official currency. I know that my dream will come. It is now near to us. The bitcoin will now use by all citizen all over the world.
ramsdaj28

Activity: 420
Merit: 256

اللعنة

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 08:54:02 AM

assume that you're living there and get paid also in bitcoin. do you think it's possible to live in a country when one day the currency go up or down in 20%?
Why not? It's a big YES if that is the case, considering that most people are now using cryptocurrencies in their transactions. And the matter about the currency going up or down by 20%? That's normal. Actually, in our country, our official currency just fell down by 25% in just 2 years. Bitcoin is still the most valuable cryptocurrency compared to all currencies around the world.
aBitcoiner

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 08:57:31 AM

Oh yes it would be interesting!

BattleTitans.io  ▼  Mobile PvP Arena of the Future  ▼  BattleTitans.io
The Most Promising ICO in October [JOIN NOW!]

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▼  [FB]  ▬▬▬  [TW]  ▬▬▬  [TG]  ▬▬▬  [YU]  ▼ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
jhonjhon

Activity: 1316
Merit: 126

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 09:00:49 AM

At present time, No. It's too volatile and if a country were to adopt the currency the difficulty problem would likely become so hard that the CPU power required would be incredibly environmentally destructive.
That is a big challenge with bitcoin, because of it's volatility character it's hard to become an official currency. In a sense that there are lot of things to consider before making as an official currency  because it is a digital currency and can't be run smootly if there is something wrong with the system unlike local currency.
Ilegendph

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

Thinking on the higher plane of existence.

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2017, 09:28:49 AM

I don't think so... volatility is a critical factor when considering relying solely on cryptocurrencies...
Yes its true, as an addition to volatility factor another thing that should be considered is the rate of transaction speed, as I see it now adays , its getting slower due to number of transaction and blockchain system deletes the transaction when it is not confirmed in the time specified and for me its risky when applied nationwide where almost every nanosecond a transaction occurs.

E C O S T A R T |                              telegram      twitter      facebook                     Instant and transparent
                                   WE CREATE A CRYPTOCURRENCY FOR OUR PLANET  ▬▬▬▬   financing of environmental
[   WHITEPAPER      ONEPAGER   ]                JOIN                               projects.     
nguyenanhvu

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 09:29:34 AM

I love it =)
Because bitcoin is like real money, it can be used offline and online.
Convenient for sale
====> Why do not I like to live in a country that uses the current bitcoin
smith136

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 09:45:08 AM

your question is quite theoretical though speaking of it, it is nice to live in a country having a bitcoin as currency but in my own opinion it is not advisable because of its volatility. Just imagine living in a country where your money changes value from time to time, it is disastrous for the market and the community because there is no stability exist.

kondor1030

Activity: 48

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2017, 09:49:27 AM

Sure totally. It would be great to be able to pay all your expenses with BTC. The main point why I don't spend my BTC is because I cannot get my salary in BTC Sad
1NV3ST0NM3

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 10:03:00 AM

I don't want, we'll see the value of bitcoin is not stable, it is less efficient in my opinion if the official currency of a country. It could be that countries that apply bitcoin as the official currency will experience inflation from all sectors.
Yes I would love to live and work in such a country as I will be paid in bitcoins and have to spend in them no effect of inflation. Moreover the money I am getting is an investment in itself. Compared to other foreign currencies my currency will always rise I will always be better off
Kupid002

Activity: 1036
Merit: 329

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 10:05:46 AM

At present time, No. It's too volatile and if a country were to adopt the currency the difficulty problem would likely become so hard that the CPU power required would be incredibly environmentally destructive.
That is a big challenge with bitcoin, because of it's volatility character it's hard to become an official currency. In a sense that there are lot of things to consider before making as an official currency  because it is a digital currency and can't be run smootly if there is something wrong with the system unlike local currency.
Just how it is not be accepted by some people live in a country that it is not totally illegal using bitcoin are interms of using it as officially on some country that could be a big challenge it would take a year and more proof that this currency would be more better to use in a daily living.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
██████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
.Defi for You.
defi.com.vn

Learn how to become your own bank and
implement a private investment strategy

▄▄                    ▄▄
█      Pawn | Sell     
           Services
      Buy   | Rent
     █
  ▀▀                    ▀▀

Bilbo Baggins

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 10:19:01 AM

Bitcoin is still too volatile and unpredictable for a country to adopt it as it's official currency, maybe in a few years when the value stabilizes and is adopted by a lot more people it could be considered as a normal currency.
Odora

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 10:22:25 AM

i think there will be no country like that, but if any I think think first, hehehe, the question is like this, are you going to live in a paying country with gold ?, I think bitcoin is like gold, a medium of exchange to earn money .. Wink
LesterD

Activity: 665
Merit: 114

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 11:40:25 AM

i will, that is what i want since i earn my first bitcoin. i imagine that it would be more convenient for bitcoin holders to purchase everything we want even in fastfood, mall, and a lot more. that would be great and i think bitcoin will earn more of its demand.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
Dilladupak

Activity: 630
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 12:07:56 PM
Last edit: September 20, 2017, 12:39:33 PM by Dilladupak

if bitcoin becomes the official currency ,, and we have to use bitcoin when buying anything, it is not effective.
because every time we transaction bitcoin there is a transaction fee ,,
in small and large amounts the same cost, we will lose.

you are right what you say . what It is  possible also the small community to buy goods with bitcoin as official currency.it will be a problem for masyarat .that too  also cost to do transaction if to buy what what is also still less efeksien.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 12:12:00 PM

Yes I would love to.  Just make sure that they sell candies or icecream on cones and accepts bitcoin as a payment.  It is possible to live in a country that totally accepts bitcoin but that must be hundred years from now.  The world is not yet that prepared for bitcoin I guess because there are things that bitcoin cannot be used for.  But I would love to live on that country and experience a life that does not need to pay paper money.  There is no place for thieves because you are the only one who knows your bitcoin address.
xaviervilla

Activity: 350

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 01:59:34 PM

Assuming it is really true, i still won't. Although the idea you are saying is quite tempting because I am one of the thousands who love crypto currencies and most specially bitcoin(not because of profit, but because of its rich history), i would still have to say no. Only if it is not in my country though. But if it ever happens here in my country, i would gladly live here. Because i love my country. Kinda sound unreal from a man at the age of 22, but believe me. I mean it. I cant imagine being anywhere else but here in my home. My country.
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 02:04:14 PM

When I think about the best country for life, money (or bitcoin) is not the most important thing for such a decision.
Other things like security, culture, language, education etc. are more important.
Of course, it will be nice to live in the country where bitcoin is official currency but I'm also concerned about security for my kids. 

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
HongKong

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 02:05:06 PM

Oh yes it would be interesting!
It would be pretty interesting/. Pretty much the only thing that people would have to look out for is the long confirmation period.

████████████████████
           ██████████████████████
          ████                ████
         ████   █████   ████   ████
        ████   ███████ ██████   ████
       ████   ████ ████   ████   ████
      ████   ████   ████   ████   ████
     ████   ████  ██ ████   ████ 
    ████   ████   ██  ████
    ████   ████   ███  ████
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███    ███
     ████   ████   ████ ████ ████
      ████   ████   ████ ██ ████  ████
       ████   ████   ████ ████   ████
        ████   ██████ ██████    ████
         ████   ████   ████    ████
          ████                ████
           ██████████████████████
            ████████████████████
I N D X
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: