Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 01:10:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: would you live in a country that use bitcoin as official currency?  (Read 5242 times)
cjinny

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 07:19:18 AM

I do not want to live in a country that applies bitcoin as the only official currency, it is very risky that we can see that the current bitcoin price fluctuates. Countries that apply bitcoin as the official currency are particularly vulnerable to economic fluctuations.
Havven

Activity: 97
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 07:26:53 AM

As long as Bitcoin's value continues to be so volatile, it's not a good option for an official currency.
The_prodigy

Activity: 924
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 07:27:22 AM

would you live in a country that use bitcoin as official currency?
assume that you're living there and get paid also in bitcoin. do you think it's possible to live in a country when one day the currency go up or down in 20%?

AS a cryptocurrency user I think that I would want to live in a country where the currency is bitcoin as I would be able to utilize mg skills more effectively. ALSo I may be able to put all my savings and profits to good use as that would be a country where it is legal
Muruga

Activity: 126

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 07:31:03 AM

If any country takes bitcoin it will be wonderful.
guanyikclkv8593

Activity: 484
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 07:33:40 AM

Its good side is that you can keep a great value for money, and the bad side is the price it always changes, so you have to update market information.And mentally prepared for the worst case.
acener

Activity: 1274
Merit: 115

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 07:47:49 AM

assume that you're living there and get paid also in bitcoin. do you think it's possible to live in a country when one day the currency go up or down in 20%?

I probably would. I think I'd consider that country as the future of the world. It is true that it may be expensive living there because the currencies value is huge as well. Still, living in a country where technology is considered to be advanced as well as the mode payment is more internet accessible rather than the FIAT system that we have.

AlaitisalKhayr

Activity: 39

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 07:54:50 AM

Its good side is that you can keep a great value for money, and the bad side is the price it always changes, so you have to update market information.And mentally prepared for the worst case.
Since the price of bitcoin is extreemly unstable, it is not good to be official currency, bitcoin only good for online payment. But if its happen, bitcoin price will increase, it will be so expensive.
BabyBoss

Activity: 462

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 07:59:38 AM

Since the price of bitcoin is extreemly unstable, it is not good to be official currency, bitcoin only good for online payment. But if its happen, bitcoin price will increase, it will be so expensive.
Yeah you are right because we need in this society a very stable marketing of money like dollars well in the other side bitcoin is okey and bitcoin really great today but what about if there are great dump of bitcoin we make it as our currency in one country there are big possibilities that our economics also are being dump because of this bad case. So, I will choose between this kind of situation I am much more prefered on using money now and wait for the coming stable market of bitcoin.
TheKeyLongThumbI

Activity: 448

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 08:15:32 AM

I'll do it if they still include fiats like dollars and euro. And also bitcoin can be treated as a global currency so it doesn't matter if a country declared it as their official currency or not.
bitfocus

Activity: 532
Merit: 15

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 08:17:39 AM

Eventually, in a few decades, we all will live in such a country you described. And the ups and downs you mention - this is happening as Bitcoin is treated as Investment, not as a regular currency right now. With the proper time, Bitcoin price will go stable, no worries.
Bambinoe

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 08:23:21 AM

Absolutely i will be glad to reside in a country that uses Bitcoin. Payments or transactions will be more secure and reliable.

kevinZD

Activity: 122
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 08:50:56 AM

Why not, so that my knowledge in bitcoin will get wider because of the people around me, And I know all of the important thing about bitcoin will highly secured.
Snub

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 09:26:43 AM

I think everyone would be glad of this opportunity, because some people are restrained by the fact that the cryptocurrency is illegal and they don't use it...and they will be able to prove themselves fully if it would be official
Baikalika Team

Activity: 140

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 09:29:44 AM

that would be great. especially if you have enough bitcoins))))
kristensoto

Activity: 490

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 09:36:52 AM

even i have a lot of bitcoin, i wont live in such that country because i feel that is such a waste to use bitcoin in a country which the market price depends on bitcoin, i will never know when it rise or drop, so i may not buy something if in one day the price of that product rise and drop suddenly.

markleal

Activity: 446
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 09:51:35 AM

Hi there CrypTrends! You have point in there, it is somewhat crucial to send and even received payment when the value is keep on changing around 20% every day. But if all of the people live with in or accept the frequent change of price, I think anyone could manage to live with it. I think it is just like a weather, sometimes the sun shines and sometime the rain drops, and not all the people want the sun to always shines oppositely not all people want a rain. At the end, I think the environment around cryptocurrency is quite hard at the moment but I think people could little by little adapt it soon.  Wink
Revvo1

Activity: 272
Merit: 1

"simply getting the job done"

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 09:56:30 AM

As for me i will like to. This because life would more digitalized and easier. Transactions would become faster and easily wraped up. Love it

Mycro Jobs
〈 SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE ⟩
BlackRacerX

Activity: 462
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 09:56:48 AM

It wouldn't be a problem inspite of the price differencr since bitcoins in that country does not need to be exchanged to dollars. Prices of all the items in that country can only be priced on bitcoins alone. The only problem is when you brought your bitcoins outside of the country since exchange rates are changing by 20% everytime.

Rosilito

Activity: 658
Merit: 274

Wish for the rain? Then deal with the mud too.

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 10:00:39 AM

Yes I would if I could but eventhough my country does not accept bitcoin as an official but accept bitcoin as being bitcoin it would be a big pleasure to me to live and use it. Bitcoin does not define humanity, as well does not define who I am. Well, as an addition it would be a big help if I live in a country who used bitcoin as an official currency well because of its conveniency, everyone can work with this anywhere and anytime also you do not even need to put a lot of passion and hard work with this. So as for the answer to your question I will live in a country that uses bitcoin as an official currency.
SummonKing2

Activity: 210
Merit: 128

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 10:35:23 AM

Contrary to popular belief, it’s certainly possible to live and survive on Bitcoin alone. Do keep in mind that just because it’s possible, does not mean one should expect a comfortable life by any means. Living off the grid on cryptocurrency always requires a tradeoff where comfort is concerned.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: