Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:41:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: would you live in a country that use bitcoin as official currency?  (Read 5242 times)
HG_Lincs

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 04:02:25 PM

Right now it's impossible with the current fees, imagine you want to buy some stuff in the grocery for 5$ and have to pay 20$ fee.

Quick fix.
Buy a different currency....

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Wilfrer

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 04:06:15 PM

I think there really is not a country that dares to allow people to use Bitcoin as an official currency. Actually they just encourage or dumb it. They think it leads to many evils, tax evasion, etc .. so most of them are illegal and prohibited from using them to trade.

syamster

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 01:30:45 PM

Like the adage says, it is unwise to keep all eggs in one basket, we all know that bitcoin is an internet based currency, what will happen to the country and the people if the entire internet goes  off? So for me, i can only visit that country but not live in it.
For sure I will prefer to live in such a country where bitcoin is using is a official currency because in my country bitcoin price is very high and I know if I send my one month salary to my country is its more than enough for me and I wish that very soon we can see this opportunity as well because bitcoin is trying to help us and as bitcoin is going high day by day so a time will come that bitcoin will become an international currency.

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
.WINDICE.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
      ▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
     ▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
                   ▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
iePlay NoweiI
I
I
I
dhrazzen

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 01:50:27 PM

Yes of course!  We all know that bitcoin since its started lots of people already has given the oppurtunity to become millionaires. So, if there is a country that accept and recognize bitcoin as a official currency, HEAVEN!. I salute that country because it will really help the people to improve their way of living and can access them financially.
GalahadSeika

Activity: 179

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 01:57:17 PM

Ill think twice on living in a country that use bitcoin as official currency because I still believe that fiat is still needed until we are ready I will think twice on living there. But if I am going to live there and get paid in bitcoin I shall see if it is benefiting to if not then I will move out of the country and well see about the economic growth of the country because it affects all and Yes it is possible because if you use a cryptocurrency as a official currency it is also volatile like bitcoin.
tal golan

Activity: 17

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:23:30 PM

would you live in a country that use bitcoin as official currency?
assume that you're living there and get paid also in bitcoin. do you think it's possible to live in a country when one day the currency go up or down in 20%?
I dont think there is a country who looks at Bitcoin as an official currency.
Maybe Japan or something but I am not sure.
daduremi

Activity: 252
Merit: 9

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 03:33:01 AM

I'm not sure about that, I do not think bitcoin can ever replace the real money
the reason is because shipping costs, bitcoin require shipping cost in every transaction
and if bitcoin becomes the official hearing instrument imagine if one day we transact up to 10 times
of course shipping costs will incriminate us
hghcoin

Activity: 206

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 03:41:23 AM

I think it is impossible, because so far no country is willing to completely accept bitcoin, they are waiting to see in the preparation of bitcoin.
arthotdog

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 03:57:18 AM

would you live in a country that use bitcoin as official currency?
assume that you're living there and get paid also in bitcoin. do you think it's possible to live in a country when one day the currency go up or down in 20%?
no i wont,being a virtual money and hasn't stable value.its impossible for companies or the employees to accept it as compensation.bitcoin is better for medium currency .when we have option if we wanted to withdraw or not.thats maybe the more applicable way
monirmostafiz
Copper Member

Activity: 448

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 03:57:34 AM

if bitcoin becomes the official currency ,, and we have to use bitcoin when buying anything, it is not effective.
because every time we transaction bitcoin there is a transaction fee ,,
in small and large amounts the same cost, we will lose.
i think we will be loser mostly.the reason is transaction fee!

●  ●  ●    CryptoMarketAds    ●  ●  ●
►  Democratize Crypto Advertising & Marketing  ◄
dg2010

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 04:41:22 AM

I do not think that Bitcoin can be used for official currency, unless its price is stable. But with now condition, when many people wanna invest in Bitcoin to get profit. Bitcoin will not be used for payment.
SeVenlast

Activity: 413

● KEEP CALM & HODL ●

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 04:57:17 AM

I do not think that Bitcoin can be used for official currency, unless its price is stable. But with now condition, when many people wanna invest in Bitcoin to get profit. Bitcoin will not be used for payment.

Because at the present time the price of Bitcoin is very sad because it dropped dramatically in the previous month. Wink

●    ●
 ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●   ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Shwester

Activity: 111

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 05:16:14 AM

I ma not living in but I can use it as official currency in some places.
Millard Fillmore

Activity: 82

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 05:25:05 AM

thinking Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes but its price may get lower as it becomes official. like any other official money now. imagine if 1 day, u used it as a bank note, would it be that 'worth-mining'? I mean, ppl may stop appreciating it and living in that country or not doesnt matter anymore. that's the problem when something 'rare' becomes popular  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
thil87

Activity: 16

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 05:32:09 AM

It's a bit of an Utopian idea. But would i live in a country where you are paid in digital currency yes, i would, i would love to. Because to me the mode of payment doesn't really matter, as long as currency serves its purpose ( legal tender for exchanging goods and services). I pay for my grocery with my shopping card and most of my payments here in Singapore are in digital form. Singapore would soon move to a cashless country.
LindaFallar

Activity: 252

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 05:36:35 AM

Well, I would just live in a country with a standard use of bitcoin as an official currency. I will live in the country where I can see to it that I am safe and live comfortably. I know that using bitcoin can make transactions become easy. And to think about it, if a country use a standard bitcoin, i will surely live in that country.
rickn

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 05:51:58 AM

I would not want to live in a country that adopted bitcoin as an official currency, as this is synonymous with a country that is experiencing extreme difficulties and without foreign exchange reserves to face its contracts, as is happening with Venezuela
bitllionaire
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 07:19:18 PM

I ma not living in but I can use it as official currency in some places.
unfortunately in my country we are not using bitcoin as official currency, but now the users of bitcoin are also increasing in my country, with the passage of time people are now showing good response for bitcoin are now taking more interest there. I think that in future bitcoin will become more popular in my country and very soon we will become able to use bitcoin as official currency and will become able to use bitcoin for buying different things.
bernashka

Activity: 298
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 07:22:11 PM

in the US is the largest number of users of the crypto-currency economy and Bitcoin as its part-time part, in the world. A lot of start-ups from Silicon Valley are created immediately with a binding to the blockhouse and the largest number of ATMs Bitcoin in the world of course is the United States which from the very beginning was at the forefront of the crypto currency battle.
taeewo

Activity: 392

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 07:22:51 PM

I don't think that will happen, bitcoin as official currency... It can only be secondary currency..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: