Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:18:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: would you live in a country that use bitcoin as official currency?  (Read 5242 times)
Nahl
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 06:35:28 PM

it's quite hard to answered because volatile still be a part of bitcoin and until now there is no steady movement for bitcoin price so i don't think if there is country who accept this conditions with make bitcoin as their official currency but if this is happened someday and i living at that country then i would accept that with pleasure
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
marabanda

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 06:42:07 PM

No, of course no one will want to live in such a country. The reason for this is the technical imperfection of bitcoin. Who wants to buy coffee in the store and pay a commission of several dollars? Also, you will have to delay at the coffee machine, since the transaction speed may be slightly ... delayed
kkukkugaga

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

Hello World!

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 06:45:05 PM

That's possible. But for now, I think no country is accepting btc as permanent payment for everything. If there are some I don't know what countries are they. But if there exist a country where btc is used as official currency then that would be really good because if that country develop and gain successfully, other countries will follow and there will be a global economic change and growth. But still I might stay in the country where I am in, because btc is coming here now. I don't have any reasons to go out. People are accepting btc.

T r a x i o n                                                            TRADE AND EARN DURING PRE-ICO
TRANSITIONS YOU TO A CRYPTO-READY SOCIETY       Pre-Sale starts April 15, 2018
Github     Telegram     Medium     Facebook     Twitter     Reddit     Youtube
GeorgiyBilyk

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 06:53:37 PM

Live in a country where the crypt currency is very wonderful! You know for sure that this money is not supported by inflation and they can not be printed! Soon crypto money will be accepted in so many countries! If in my country - would be officially allowed, then I personally would be very happy! Because it will not be necessary to constantly start and output through different exchangers!

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
oaktree

Activity: 23
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 07:03:57 PM

A few years ago I'd have said Yes. But after December and the mempool backlogs and transaction fees etc - I think not.

Just think how frustrating it was to send coins and then wait days on end before they arrived. Then imagine that you needed to buy food or pay rent, but some miner somewhere was spamming the mempool to keep the fees high and ripping you off in the process. Not good.

I now think that if there is a succesful cryptocurrency, it will be something like doge, which confirms fast and which has low fees.
mr.bean865

Activity: 130
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 07:08:39 PM

I am living in that country in which 50% of the people don't know currently about bitcoin and the Government is almost against bitcoin so far as they announced that they are going to catch the bitcoin traders but if bitcoin will be our legal currency then I would love to live in that environment because then your life will depend upon your luck and we see sudden ups and downs through out the day.
doublecoins

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 07:14:33 PM

Bitcoin as legal tender to my knowledge it is only in Japan, only Japanese country officially legalized bitcoin.rest of the country bitcoin legality is quite questionable
Nilda

Activity: 336
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 07:24:01 PM

If there’s one country that is capable of making bitcoins its official currency, that would be Japan. Satoshi Nakamoto is Japanese, right? Yes, please. I would love it in Tokyo.

Glydel1999

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 05:51:23 AM

Yes, living in a country which fully recognized the bitcoin is dreamed by every bitcoiner to live; of course everyone will loves to stay and live with it because they will have a better life in that.
phpartisanmaster

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 05:57:33 AM

would you live in a country that use bitcoin as official currency?
assume that you're living there and get paid also in bitcoin. do you think it's possible to live in a country when one day the currency go up or down in 20%?

Most likely that in the future, we are going to live a cashless nation since the technology is also growing and those companies cannot hinder the growth of cryptocurrency so there is a huge chance that bitcoins might be the currency of the entire nation if governments will approve.
currencydesigner

Activity: 84

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 06:39:08 AM

I am free to use bitcoin, I have also heard that in my country bitcoin is approved by the central bank in my country. but it's still rumors that I do not know the truth
cizatext

Activity: 952
Merit: 41

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 06:44:39 AM

Yes I can live in a country where bitcoin is used as the official currency, in fact it will make life more easier then it is right now because I will have the opportunity to make my transactions without any third party involvement and at the same time have total control of my money since bitcoin is a decentralized digital currency.
albertcrypto110

Activity: 140

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 06:51:29 AM

There is no chance to use Bitcoin as official crypto currency in our country because it has some regrets​ like every time we would give transaction fee.I hope that in the future bitcoin will be widely used in my country. Many development services and payment methods are bitcoin
nazaididuan1

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 06:53:57 AM

There's nothing wrong with living in a country where BTC is fiat money!

You can refer to Japan!

Japan's digital money market is the most active country. People can trade in yen, except for BTC.

BTC is just one more option!

⮘Pre-ICO Start - 27.04.2018⮚ ⮘https://wbb.io/⮚
cizatext

Activity: 952
Merit: 41

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 06:54:38 AM

Living in a country that adopt bitcoin as their official currency will be to live in a controversial country, every member of such a country will become financially buoyant that no one will be willing to work again because from your little saving you can earn profits that will take care of you need's. But on a second thought such a country will be the safest to live in because you will have total control of your financial life. So if you ask me if I can live in such country I will say yes.
semarmesem195

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 06:57:54 AM

assume that you're living there and get paid also in bitcoin. do you think it's possible to live in a country when one day the currency go up or down in 20%?

Of course, but is there a country that makes bitcoin as the official currency?
I just know there are countries that consider bitcoin the same as the currency of the country but not as official currency, for example Japan.
If it's a dream all bitcoin users might want it.

TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE           M o o n X           [    ●    JOIN ICO   -   S O O N    ●    ]
──────────     WHITEPAPER     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     LINKEDIN     TELEGRAM     CRUNCHBASE     ──────────
►   No Trading or ICO Listing Fees      ►   Superior to Nasdaq & LSE       ►   US$ 29M Raised in 2 Weeks!
The_prodigy

Activity: 924
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 07:02:51 AM

If bitcoin has reached a point that it became an official currency of a cou try then I really do think that it has become stable. ANd with it becoming stable I would not have any qualms on joining that country or at least jumping on that train to be able to use my hard earned currency on bitcoin and be able to use it for everyday life and that would make it easier for me
dhka

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 07:39:18 AM

Hmm let me think...
No, thank you. Adopting cryptocurrency alone is not a guarantee for you to have a proper life in a specific country.

And having a volatile national currency really is not a good way to do it. Bitcoin will be to volatile by then. But if there is an altcoin backed by real asset that might be possible. Please not tether, claimed to be backed by real USD but turns to be a big bullshit

giogio0504

Activity: 322
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 07:59:51 AM

If i would have enough bitcoin for live why not?  Grin Grin Grin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24]  All
  Print  

Jump to: