Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 09:23:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are you OK with Bitcoin being called a token?  (Read 3247 times)
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2017, 02:46:41 PM

Personally, I don't have any issues if someone is calling it a token, coin or a cryptocurrency as far as they are not calling it 'Currency of Justin Biber Fans'. Jokes apart, I really don't care about it because we know the importance of the blockchain technology and thus Bitcoin is equally respected as a first product of it irrespective of what we are calling it. Most of the users will call it a Bitcoin, outsiders might call it a token but at the end, it will be worth it's price.
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Real_Person (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 27

Smarter Contracts: "Quietly Making Noise"

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 02:12:44 AM

All of us here believe that it doesn't matter anymore. Most of my newbie friends in crypto call it that way maybe because it is understandable for them. What matters is the amount you own with that coin or token. In the long run, they can differentiate bitcoin and other tokens.

Most of my newbie friends in crypto call it that way...
"crypto" is not a word I would start a thread about, but it sounds too much like something you find in a graveyard.

Why is this an issue?
Shouldn't anyone call anything whatever they want?

Especially if that thing wasnt baptized? I have no problem people calling it a fraud, a ponzi scheme, name it. As long as it maintains its upward potential. I dont care about the name you call it.

Why is this an issue?
Bitcoin is the proud leader, "tokens" are for the ETH Bubble Game. Calling Bitcoin a token is not even technically correct. That does matter to some people.

cryptokitty

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

Global Blockchain Solution For Transportation

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 02:19:56 AM

It doesn't matter what others may called it, bitcoin or token as long as the value, the characteristics is the same. Besides, the name won't harm anyone.
King Sastro

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 02:46:45 AM

People called bitcoin with whatever I think is not the problem, most importantly we get the benefits and advantages of bitcoin, if anyone says token of course they have a strong reason and I think leave it alone.

PRIMEXCOIN
█▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄█
cpfreeplz
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1042

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 02:50:30 AM

Tokens are useless pieces of shit made out of thin air that aren't even mined. To call bitcoin a token is like calling your Chickie cheese tokens money. It's so uneducated and dumb not to mention wrong!
iloveass2

Activity: 46
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 02:54:25 AM

I don't really how people call bitcoin a token or something like that. To me bitcoin more like a tool, a source of income and i don't care what people call bitcoin. It just so immature to care about those little stuff

◤ ─────────────── PROJECT PAI ─────────────── ◥
│       DECENTRALIZED PLATFORM FOR INTELLIGENT AVATARS       │ (https://projectpai.com/)
◣ ─── JOIN PROJECT PAI TELEGRAM TO GET FREE TOKENS ─── ◢ (https://t.me/projectpai)
***HotMom***

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 03:01:57 AM

FAQ:
Why is this an issue?
Bitcoin is the proud leader, "tokens" are for the ETH Bubble Game. Calling Bitcoin a token is not even technically correct. That does matter to some people.

``````````````

Are you OK with Bitcoin being called a token?
Do you need to be sent to crypto re-education camp?  Cheesy

Let them call bitcoin whatever they want to call it. What's more important is that bitcoin is used everyday by more people around the world for day-to-day ordinary transactions. And we can all contribute in this by requesting your favorite business establishments to accept bitcoin as a mode of payment, so that you can use your bitcoins for them (and while you're at it, tell them of all the advantages / benefits of using bitcoin).

Once bitcoin use has become completely mainstream, there won't be anymore confusion as to whether bitcoin is just a "token," or a revolutionary currency that can put to an end even the oldest and most established fiat currencies.
RayvenPierre

Activity: 182

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 03:24:01 AM

I don' really think that it does matter what bitcoin will be called whether it be a token, a bubble or a fraud. We do know and we are the witnesses and the one that can proof that bitcoin is nothing like that. Bitcoin is an investment for me that will be very prosperous in the future.

nguynthgiabanh

Activity: 8

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 03:25:51 AM

Bitcoin is a code sequence, it requires us to decode it and harvest Bitcoin.
If you are a programmer, it's easy for you.
CryptoScorpio

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 03:38:57 AM

No I'm not ok with bitcoin being called as token. Bitcoin is always a currecncy or coin which is used for trading things like a normal fiat currency but with different techniques.I pity those who call bitcoin as token because they dont know the difference between token and coin.
winderx

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 03:41:36 AM

I feel it is incorrect to call Bitcoin a Token. Just like we don't usually see people calling Etherum Token. Token is more often used for ICO..please correct me if im wrong.
I'm learning too.
Terry05

Activity: 140

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 03:51:14 AM

I prefer to call it bitcoin . If they will changed the original name of bitcoin, these will create confusions to other people especially the nhewbie and people not much aware what is bitcoin. It should not be changed to whatever names it should be BITCOIN only for the sake of generality.
Meepospammer

Activity: 406
Merit: 20

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 03:56:45 AM

Bitcoin shouldn't be called a token since it is already used in different kinds of transaction. It is already a form of currency so i don't know why call it a token.
wagi

Activity: 196

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 04:32:29 AM

I am ok if bitcoin called token. Its just name i think. No matter about the name, bitcoin is still most i like.
So about name i dont really care and i still love it.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 06:30:27 AM

I don't think that bitcoin deserved to be called as a token because in the first place, it is not a token because it is a currency that most of the people know it. Bitcoin is a currency because you can use it to pay things online and it is also an investment for being a good place to put your money and the tokens are just used in the altcoins but not in bitcoin.
squatter
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196

STOP SNITCHIN'

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 06:35:03 AM

Tokens are useless pieces of shit made out of thin air that aren't even mined. To call bitcoin a token is like calling your Chickie cheese tokens money. It's so uneducated and dumb not to mention wrong!

To be fair, Bitcoin Cash was created out of thin air. So was CLAMS. And from the look of it, there will be many more, with Bitcoin Gold coming next. After the fork block, they are mined, but "being a mineable cryptocurrency" is a pretty low bar to set. If you give me a few bucks, I can give you copy/paste code to launch your own coin, too! But unless you can convince people to use it, it won't have any value.

I don't have any problem with the "token" label. It's not really much different from "coin" is it? We don't like the association with ICO tokens, sure, but as far as the English language goes, is it really inaccurate?

santacoins

Activity: 10

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 06:40:27 AM

Cryptocurrency is in digital world, people are living with that, it become more and more regular, more and more people support to bitcoin.
Butchick

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 06:57:01 AM

Token or coin, for me, it doesn't matter. It still refers to the very same thing and doesn't actually affect the value it holds. Even altcoins are called "coin" so as for me, either terms works so long as you clarify what coin you are referring to. 

thenameisjay

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 06:59:47 AM

FAQ:
Why is this an issue?

``````````````
OP

Popular use of the word "token", in this community, is/was related to "ETH ICO bubble things", not the creation of Satoshi known as Bitcoin.

BTC = Bit COIN not Bit Token
"...bitcoin closed Tuesday at $4,009 per token — twice its price in July..."
https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/news/2017/09/21/bitcoin-buyers-libertarian-bent-drive-prices-records/594971001/
The above is only one of way too many recent examples in the media.

It doesn't really matter to me what it's called as lonh as everyone recognizes and distinguishes it as money. Bitcoin for.me is catchy on itself token kind of sounds premium. Anyway, no matter what it is called, as long as it makes a lot of money to people, you can call it whatever you want.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
Ziomuro27

Activity: 406
Merit: 254

BookiePro.Fun - The World's Betting Exchange

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 07:26:33 AM

FAQ:
Why is this an issue?

``````````````
OP

Popular use of the word "token", in this community, is/was related to "ETH ICO bubble things", not the creation of Satoshi known as Bitcoin.

BTC = Bit COIN not Bit Token
"...bitcoin closed Tuesday at $4,009 per token — twice its price in July..."
https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/news/2017/09/21/bitcoin-buyers-libertarian-bent-drive-prices-records/594971001/
The above is only one of way too many recent examples in the media.

Yes , you have a great idea on how you express about that topic, and for my opinion like what you said it doesn't matter to me on how bitcoin called because for me it is the same and most of us have a different point of view about this currency .

center]
           ▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀