Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 07:48:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are you OK with Bitcoin being called a token?  (Read 3247 times)
freightjoe

Activity: 238
Merit: 109

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 01:39:12 PM

You should just call it an alt coin
ehdiksayo

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 01:56:35 PM

Bitcoin is a type of cryptocurrencies. But Token is kinda sort of a reward from bount campaign or stuffs like that. It is used to exchange to other types of crypto currencies.
allthingsluxury
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2017, 01:58:31 PM

Call it whatever you want. It is still worth a massive amount of money.

gokudera

Activity: 256
Merit: 36

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 02:01:07 PM

FAQ:
Why is this an issue?
Bitcoin is the proud leader, "tokens" are for the ETH Bubble Game. Calling Bitcoin a token is not even technically correct. That does matter to some people.

``````````````
OP

Popular use of the word "token", in this community, is/was related to "ETH ICO bubble things", not the creation of Satoshi known as Bitcoin.

BTC = Bit COIN not Bit Token
"...bitcoin closed Tuesday at $4,009 per token — twice its price in July..."
https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/news/2017/09/21/bitcoin-buyers-libertarian-bent-drive-prices-records/594971001/
The above is only one of way too many recent examples in the media.

Are you OK with Bitcoin being called a token?
Do you need to be sent to crypto re-education camp?  Cheesy
Bitcoin is a type of cryptocurrencies. But Token is kinda sort of a reward from bount campaign or stuffs like that. It is used to exchange to other types of crypto currencies.
You are right token is different from cryptocurrencies because bitcoin is kind of money where you can use to purchase a thing and tokens are the rewards that you can obtain in some Campaigns.

Spanopohlo

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

Aim High! Bow Low!

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 02:46:09 PM

Newbie Here, But I Care Nonetheless Whether you want it to call Token, Coin or BItcoin. For me the Important part is that they all Contribute to Currencies inside the internet. And as a Newbie I would gladly accept the Offer of Sending Individuals who lack knowledge On How Cryptocurrency Works or should i Say "Crypto Re-Education Camp".

DARKANGEL6415

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

ADAMANT — the most secure and anonymous messenger

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2017, 07:36:24 PM

I am not sure why you or anyone would call bitcoin a token at this point in time. It has been almost 10 years since bitcoin came out so it is far from a token. Now there is plenty of new coins that are called tokens and im fine with that as they are new. Some of this new tokens hold my attention like this angel token that i see potential for and growth.

● ● ● ● ● ● ●   ADAMANT Messenger ● ● ● ● ● ● ●  
Try it now: Secure and Anonymous Messenger ║║ Whitepaper
Dreamr

Activity: 263
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 07:57:05 PM

Bitcoin is a currency not an asset which means is a coin.
Token is used for Ethereum based smart contracts as unit of an asset.
diguyo

Activity: 274
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 09:09:15 PM

Financially speaking absolutely...your FIAT, the note or coin in your pocket is a token. Not going to get economic in here, but it's a piece of metal that represents a value...a value that it doesn't have...it's a token.

quantumcomputing11

Activity: 106

Highest ROI crypto infrastructure

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 09:32:51 PM

Never okay with it that is like letting morons call tomato a vegetable and let them get away with it. Never I say!

imamimam1234

Activity: 316
Merit: 101

The Winner Stands Alone

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 09:58:21 PM

No matter what they called. as long as the value will representing bitcoin's name and it will speak for itself. It's ok if people called it digital gold or bit token. In the end they will know the right name it's bitcoin based on bitcoin values or functions Smiley CMIIW.
Marucya

Activity: 258
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 10:02:42 PM

In my opinion, this is not entirely normal, if you call a bitlock a token. Bitcoin is the first crypto currency known to the whole world and therefore it occupies a special place in the world of crypto currency. All other coins mined or released as a result of the ICO should be called altcoyins. Coins issued during the ICO are also called  tokens.
Mike Mayor

Activity: 966
Merit: 535

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 10:07:07 PM

Call it whatever you want. It is still worth a massive amount of money.

I agree. It doesn't matter what talk called let's not get hung up on names. Arguing about what it  really should be called or how it works and how that effects what it should be called should update not be and never be a priority. The priority is to collect Bitcoin.

I am not sure why you or anyone would call bitcoin a token at this point in time. It has been almost 10 years since bitcoin came out so it is far from a token. Now there is plenty of new coins that are called tokens and im fine with that as they are new. Some of this new tokens hold my attention like this angel token that i see potential for and growth.

I'm not sure either. It seems like unnessesry drama. But I guess they say this because of the way it works and he things are going right now with coins and tokens showing up all over the place.

magmar

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 10:08:57 PM

FAQ:
Why is this an issue?
Bitcoin is the proud leader, "tokens" are for the ETH Bubble Game. Calling Bitcoin a token is not even technically correct. That does matter to some people.

``````````````
OP

Popular use of the word "token", in this community, is/was related to "ETH ICO bubble things", not the creation of Satoshi known as Bitcoin.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/news/2017/09/21/bitcoin-buyers-libertarian-bent-drive-prices-records/594971001/

I do not even care if they called it tolen because whatever they calls it, they are still the moat successful token on this business. The most important thing is on how their career go in this business in this industry not on how they've been called. Because even though thwy called it a token so what? At least the other tokens cannot curpass them at this moment because they are dominating the whole people around the world and that is the most important. Name doesnt really matter the most important thing is the capabilities.
speedware01

Activity: 41

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 10:48:32 AM

The most important thing here is the price any thing you call it no problem
_Mikasa_

Activity: 234
Merit: 15

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 02:10:29 PM

Well I don't care whatever they want to call on bitcoin. It doesn't change the meaning and purpose of it so its nothing for me.
beerbathe

Activity: 9

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 07:03:17 AM

Right now the only way that one can explain Bitcoin is that it is a token, a non-standard currency that is soon to change the stakes as more and more people laugh about this trivialization all the way to the bank.
hateplesent

Activity: 82
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 01:07:15 PM

FAQ:
Why is this an issue?

``````````````
OP

when satoshi make bitcoin make it currency not token.

Bitcoin is global coin not like token (token mean accepted by single / multiply sites/places and have value) not like bitcoin
Maureenjoy

Activity: 50

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 12:10:10 AM

I don’t really mind bitcoin be called token. What ever they want to call it is fine and whatever names they come up to will not change the fact that it is now the most successful in the market. As long as bitcoin helps people financially, naming it as token will not matter at all. Jsut focus on what good it will bring you in the future and not the names that arises along the way.
KevinHD

Activity: 232
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 12:13:45 AM

It is ok that Bitcoin would be called token because token is just another termfor currency exclusivein a certain place or environment like fun houses and amusement parks. Yet, it is somehow unpleasant to hear the word token in a coin that's the price is higher than any other currency.
oegarod

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 12:20:30 AM

Bitcoin being a token has been used in the past, and now things has changed a lot. During those days it was used as an storage token that can be used to hold amounts in a virtual manner. People preferred for tax evasion and now this is not found much, because the intention of holding bitcoin at present is based on the growth it provides.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: