Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 12:03:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Celebrity Endorsed Cryptocurrency  (Read 4385 times)
crazydeadmoth

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 11:10:27 PM

Stox: Floyd Mayweather, Luis Suarez
Centra: Floyd Mayweather, DJ Khaled
Cobin Hood: Jamie Foxx.
The Game (Rapper): Paragon
Max Keiser: Maxcoin
Paris Hilton: Lydian Coin

Whats your take on celebrity endorsements with the crypto world? Do you think it actually helps? Question is how many fans actually know and care about crypto to actually invest??

Stox has Chinese diver, Liang Tian. They have 3 celebrities.   Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
onesalt

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 11:20:43 PM

Good marketing, obviously. But I would not want them to be involved in this area.
streazight

Activity: 910
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 04:14:32 PM

i see it will bring some attention but people are wiser now especially those who already involved with crypto currency they will look for the benefits
not just because somebody who's popular did advertise but without any project that will developed along the road its just nothing and another PnD
project.
Sure, at this stage people have so much wisened up and they cant be bamboozled or deceived by any publicity stunts. Apparently it will draw attention which is good, but without a good prospectful project, plans for the future and solid devs with good development, there is no where a coin will get to this days. I only always pity the gullible investors at the long run cause they are always the ones who ends up taking the fall.
vfrcbv911

Activity: 238
Merit: 144

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 04:28:21 PM

I think it's good, it popularitywith crypto currency among people.

Ar1st0

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 03:56:12 AM

I think, it's only promotion from some companies that want to increase thier value. More over maybe the celebrity even didn't know anything about BTC currency. So, still market value the most.
Wyre08

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 04:23:16 AM

After currencies are more user friendly is when getting celebrities involved is what I think would make sense. It's initially a bit of a learning curve and celebs might be able to pump a but getting lasting support needs easier use by people who don't want to put a lot of time into it.
disam

Activity: 394

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 08:22:06 AM

why are celebs promoting only ICOs? It is flip your money *10 marketing for people that know nothing about crypto. Yes it is ok, because they bring new money to the game, but what will happen when the ico flip your money scheme will fail? We will all be crypto scammers, btc will be scam and so on...
ask
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 08:28:46 AM

Money loves Floyd Mayweather so i love Floyd Mayweather.
I am in all Floyd Mayweather supported projects. Probably i will gain as much as Floyd Mayweather gains.
I love this guy and how he profit all the way. But for Paris Hilton i am not sure. I don't want to be get .....ed. Smiley
alfstep

Activity: 308
Merit: 128

Here I come! Again!

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 08:41:35 AM

To me personally it helps a little if their endorsed celebrity has nothing to do about cryptoworld. It maybe does not affect existing crypto users, but I think it will well affect crowd mass crypto newbies to collect information about crypto in general.

SirLancelot

Activity: 2478
Merit: 582

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 06:11:16 AM

Whats your take on celebrity endorsements with the crypto world? Do you think it actually helps? Question is how many fans actually know and care about crypto to actually invest??
Marketing strategies is all it is. However, celebrity endorsement is very good for the crypto atmosphere. I have seen the reaction of fans to mayweather's endorsement of centra both on twitter and Instagram and I sure do know it can go a long way.

People always have this believe that as long as a celebrity is endorsing it, then there should be something more to it and that makes them want to dig deeper.
Filmmmakerr (OP)

Activity: 490

Hello. Bye.

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 08:18:12 AM

Stox has Chinese diver, Liang Tian. They have 3 celebrities.   Cheesy

You're right, I missed him. Added to the list!

Campaign Manager (2018)
digital_weezer

Activity: 70

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 02:15:52 PM

I think it's a double sided coin (get it? hahahahhahaa)

I think the positives are that cryptocurrencies are getting out to a wider audience, and therefore the concept of them will become stronger.

On the other hand, it is very clear that these celebrities are only connecting themselves with these specific cryptocurrencies because of the cash they are recieving and nothing else. I doubt that many of them can spell cryptocurrency or name 5 cryptocurrencies never mind understanding the concept of blockchain technology.

So on that front it is a little bad.
Kamal87

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 02:55:04 PM

This might work for people who have not yet know about crypto currency. It is like going conventional but for better. I guess it's not a bad idea at all. Something to consider, to make it believable try to have tech celebrities. Why them? People that are famous with some knowledge in tech will easily be trusted by common people. They then can influence their loyal followers about this crypto. Then their follower will likely influenced their peers. Social media celebrities can also be someone we can consider. Again, choose the one with tech background so people will likely believe with their content. Then afterwards, slowly move to different industry. Do it sowly but steady.
Kunlejoe0

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 03:00:07 PM

Celebrity endorsement will always be a smart move for ICO campaign. Those celeb already have huge follower and public goodwill. Their faces on your project will only draw people to it. And is also good for entire cryptocurrency space it bring more people to  blockchain
Golegard

Activity: 146

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 03:40:10 PM

Stox: Floyd Mayweather, Luis Suarez, Liang Tian

Endorsing altcoins by celebrity is a big help to promote the upcoming altcoins. It will help the ICO to be successful. That was the role of celebrity to influence other people to invest in the ICO. People idolized celebrities for being good advocate, role model, good leader and etc. I believe in celebrities to continue and endorse crypto  to become more famous then people would invest in the ICO.

1l1l11ll1l
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2017, 03:47:02 PM

Of course. idol is a role model. if their idols feel they do something interesting and useful, why do not they imitate them when they can do it. well maybe that's it.

sensimilia

Activity: 702
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 03:50:46 PM

Of course. idol is a role model. if their idols feel they do something interesting and useful, why do not they imitate them when they can do it. well maybe that's it.

These (to me) all seem like people whose target audience doesn't care about crypto at all. I guess there must be a few among them.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████         █████████████       █████            ▄██████████████████████▄▄
█████████████         █████████████     ▄███████▄       ▄███████████████████████████▄
█████████████         █████████████   ▄███████████▄    ▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
█████████████         █████████████ ▄█████▀  ▀█████▄  ▄███████████▀        ▀██████████▄
████████████▀         █████████████ █████▀     ██████▄████████████▄         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████          █████████████ ████        ████████████████████▄▄▄▄▄
████████████          ████████████████▀    ▄     ████▀████████████████████████▄▄▄
████████████▄       ▄█████████████▄██▀    ▄█▄     ▀███ ████████████████████████████▄
 █████████████▄▄▄▄▄█████████████████     ▄███▄     ▀███ ▀████████████████████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▄███     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█████▄▄▀▀▀▀█████████████████████▄
    ▀████████████████████████▄███▀                   ▀████████▄       ▀▀██████████████
        ▀▀██████████████▀▀▄▄██████     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄█████████          ████████████▀
          ██████████████ ██████████▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄█████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████ ▀█████████████████████████████████████▀████▄▄▄█████████████▀
          ██████████████   ▀█████████████████████████████████▀ ███████████████████▀
          ██████████████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █████████████████▀▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

.bet
   $200   
 BONUS 
    100% BONUS FOR 
 EVERY DEPOSIT 
[]
joshmontford

Activity: 98

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 04:06:36 PM

meh, that means nothing, probably the coin will get some influx of cash, and than what?

AlexRej

Activity: 18

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 04:20:26 PM

Seems like just another marketing scheme, no more. Will surely attract some attention from the general public. Yet, if the celebrity is not directly connected to crypto or smth, I believe that a really low percent of fans will be really into this.
cryptoadmire

Activity: 160

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 04:42:09 PM

It's good for the celebs as they are running to the bank with fiat currency, but i would never invest into a ICO on the sole fact that a celeb has said "they like a coin"
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: