Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:03:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Celebrity Endorsed Cryptocurrency  (Read 4386 times)
hunker_down

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 10:18:58 AM

Let's be honest, the only reason why these celebs are getting involved is the big paycheck they are receiving, so it could end badly if people choose to get involved just because they like the celeb endorsing a cryptocurrency.

It is good in the aspect that more people will learn about the topic and hopefully research past Luis Suarez liking it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Teraboy

Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 10:33:26 AM

I think most of these stars are just getting paid for that.
It's all about marketing.
Take a look at all this ICOs..it seems that you "must" have some kind of big star working for you to get some attention.
And its not only about stars from the show business but also big names from other buisnesse.
For instance there is a new project going on for a crypto decentralised bank..change is the name of the project..
and they have the ex CEO from DHL as advisors.
I don't see a big connection with managing a big company for shipping and a crypto bank..but hey he is still the ex CEO of a worldwide
known business. Roll Eyes
Let's just be honest..most of these people are just getting payed to sponsor this projects.

p.s. if you want to be part of the next big revolution after Bitcoin,take a look at this project  Wink

www.deeponion.org

Holy, all of the celebrity open an endorsement because they got paid, if they didn't they will never open an endorsement service, you're not living in the cave right? it's such a normal thing among popular people or so called celebrity among the world. If you are curious about it, kindly find some celebrities' instagram and make a conclusion out of it.
deadmousehat

Activity: 1974
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 10:54:25 AM

Stox: Floyd Mayweather, Luis Suarez, Liang Tian
Centra: Floyd Mayweather, DJ Khaled
Cobin Hood: Jamie Foxx.
The Game (Rapper): Paragon
Max Keiser: Maxcoin
Paris Hilton: Lydian Coin

Whats your take on celebrity endorsements with the crypto world? Do you think it actually helps? Question is how many fans actually know and care about crypto to actually invest??
you forgot this one. Hubii network : Floyd Mayweather
i think just a few of his fans who can participate on ICOs because much of his fans is from US. More useful to advertise in social media and i think it's cheaper than using celebrity endorsements
infinity33

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 03:12:44 PM

I think celebrity endorsement is a good thing for the crypto world. They do have a lot of followers and what cryptocurrency needs now is more and more awareness.
they have a big influence so by that some people will convince to know more about bitcoin but for me no need to endorse no need to use celebrity if people want to know about bicoin why they dont its free to know and to learn if they want but if that is not the purpose why celebrity endorse cryptocurrency so it is ok or good idea if they use celebrity.
btcdepo

Activity: 322

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 03:14:44 PM

I believe it is important if celebrities, public characters put some spot on crypto world. even if they don't do it, we'll be growing but there is no good or bad advertisement. marketing is marketing.

The FASTEST and MOST SECURE  Token Exchange.
▬▬  ETHERSHIFT  ▬▬  No More Waiting! Main Sale Starts Nov 05, 2018.  ▬▬  ETHERSHIFT  ▬▬
WHITEPAPER | ANN | TELEGRAM | TWITTER | REDDIT | DISCORD
joshmontford

Activity: 98

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 03:16:59 PM

I think celebrity endorsement is a good thing for the crypto world. They do have a lot of followers and what cryptocurrency needs now is more and more awareness.
they have a big influence so by that some people will convince to know more about bitcoin but for me no need to endorse no need to use celebrity if people want to know about bicoin why they dont its free to know and to learn if they want but if that is not the purpose why celebrity endorse cryptocurrency so it is ok or good idea if they use celebrity.
i agree, in todays world it's easy to get people to do something if one of their favorite football player, actor or singer endorse. Some people are just sheep and some people would actually start looking into it, either way, good way to do the promotion of the cryptocurrency

NoiseBoy

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

Sound. Fury. Signifying.

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 05:55:29 PM

I have mixed emotions about celebrity ICO endorsements. On the one hand, I like that it brings increased awareness of cryptocurrencies to the masses. On the other hand, I suspect that most celeb endorsed crypto (witness that scamcoin Paris Hilton recently tweeted about only to have to delete the tweet later when the scammy nature of the coin emerged) is for low-quality offerings and outright scams. If the masses' first taste of crypto is getting screwed on some celeb-backed P&D, that's bad for the overall market.

Still, I think the potential exists for a happy middle ground.

First, the celebrity endorsement needs to come from someone with relevance to financial markets, not an athlete or reality TV star.

Second, the coin needs to be fully vetted and legit.

This would be something like Mad Money's Jim Cramer endorsing something like Iconomi or TaaS or some other legit finance related coin.
Coinve.st

Activity: 700
Merit: 14

Coin ● https://coindefi.org

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2017, 06:52:13 PM

I'm torn about this.  On one hand, it's great because it has provided exposure to the entire industry. On the other hand, it's obvious that the celebrities are purely doing this for influencer marketing compensation and do not have any long-term plans with the company they are promoting.
anasso

Activity: 224

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 07:04:57 PM

stay away from any ico endorsed by celebrity because:

1- those celebritys don't understand anything on cryptocurrencys

2- it's a pretext to sell tokens at expensive price to investors
AngelSupport

Activity: 89

Angel Token - World's First Refundable ICO

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2017, 06:15:55 AM

Seeing how many ICO's Floyd is promoting, I think I'll make it my morning routine to check his Instagram to see what coins to not take very seriously.

FrozenByte

Activity: 48

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 06:18:03 AM

Celebrities endorsing Cryptocurrency would be a good idea. This would give these currencies more popularity among lots of people since a good portion of people right now don't even know these currencies exist.

▄ █ █ HOQU █ █ ▄   MARKETING OF THE FUTURE! (http://www.hoqu.io)
Decentralized affiliate platform (http://www.hoqu.io)  ▌▌▌ICO : 27 NOV ▌▌▌  (http://www.hoqu.io)
◆ Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/HOQUio)   ◆ Twitter (https://twitter.com/HOQU_IO)   ◆ ANN Thread (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2254411)   ◆ White Paper (https://goo.gl/fPFBKT)   ◆ Telegram (https://t.me/hoquio)   ◆ Medium (https://blog.hoqu.io/)
Triload

Activity: 297
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 06:31:00 AM

They have been paid, not really invest in these crypto projects. I think they can't understand what crypto currencies are, and they deal with those projects with their agents.
denizzz

Activity: 418
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 06:38:08 AM

Viberate has DJ UMEK and Charlie Shrem  Cool

SamboNZ

Activity: 1064
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 06:52:55 AM

Whats your take on celebrity endorsements with the crypto world? Do you think it actually helps? Question is how many fans actually know and care about crypto to actually invest??

Sometimes it helps cause some of their fans might get curious about the tokens/coins thus it will bring more money unto the market
Beremat

Activity: 263

YGOLD is a Defi platform

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 07:43:51 AM

In my view, That Celebrity advertise for Cryptocurrency is certainly beneficial. Look at Centra's ICO, when Floyd Mayweather post a picture with Centra card on his Instagram. Immediately, Centra team had sold out $27 million token in few days.  Cool

marckenigsberg

Activity: 164
Merit: 19

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2017, 11:19:14 AM

I think that as crypto becomes more mainstream more celebrities will actually understand it.
A celebrity with alignment to the industry that is being disrupted or where there can base is the audience makes more sense than just a name.
Ultimately investors need to decide whether there is value to be added or it's just a gimmick.
Its early days still and we're going to see a lot more of this.

jimsteel

Activity: 244
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 01:11:47 PM

I think it is a double edged sword.

On one hand it is promoting cryptocurrencies to the mainstream and for cryptocurrencies to become powerful, they need to be used on a global scale.

On the other it is sheer greed, I don't think any of these celebs are bothered and are just getting a nice pay off.
tokencorgi

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 01:39:37 PM

Theres more to the list  Grin

1. FIDE CEO, chess grandmasters - mindsportsio
2. DHL ceo - crypto-bank

I think they r potentially good ico
Tyr808

Activity: 606
Merit: 278

06/19/11 17:51 Bought BTC 259684.77 for 0.0101

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 01:58:15 PM

Wow I did not realize that good old Max Keiser has made his own coin. Doesn't even trade on EtherDelta though, I guess it is still under ICO?
Anyway all these celebrity endorsed coins mean that more and more normal average Joe and Janes will flood the crypto market, which might be a good thing in the beginning but it's eventually gonna be bad.

Jordan_Hodge

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2017, 02:03:29 PM

I think celebrity endorsements represent all that is wrong with the old world - The new world of cryptocurrencies needs trust in Math, not cult of personality. Have any of the ico's listed performed well or have they pumped and dumped
Personally I'll never put into a coin that requires celebrity endorsement.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: