Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:59:38 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Celebrity Endorsed Cryptocurrency  (Read 4394 times)
fasdorcas

Activity: 798
Merit: 527

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 08:01:52 AM

Seeing how many ICO's Floyd is promoting, I think I'll make it my morning routine to check his Instagram to see what coins to not take very seriously.
Viberate seems to be a good project though and looking at the fact that the project has to do with entertainment, I am not surprised it they have some celebrities on their side or if they have few endorsed as this would really help the project a lot. It is a project I am really watching out for and I want to believe it is going to be big.
feelideb

Activity: 770
Merit: 101

fLibero.financial

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 08:11:01 AM

Out of all the project listed, stox and central are the most successful. The success of these ICO goes to tell us the impact of popular face on product or service can be enormous! Perception and image is everything in sales!

chocolah29

Activity: 588
Merit: 128

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 08:12:04 AM

Stox: Floyd Mayweather, Luis Suarez, Liang Tian
Centra: Floyd Mayweather, DJ Khaled
Cobin Hood: Jamie Foxx.
The Game (Rapper): Paragon
Max Keiser: Maxcoin
Paris Hilton: Lydian Coin

Whats your take on celebrity endorsements with the crypto world? Do you think it actually helps? Question is how many fans actually know and care about crypto to actually invest??
I think celebrity endorsements represent all that is wrong with the old world - The new world of cryptocurrencies needs trust in Math, not cult of personality. Have any of the ico's listed performed well or have they pumped and dumped
Personally I'll never put into a coin that requires celebrity endorsement.

The fact that this is all just for publicity, ICOs are using celebrities to make their token more attractive to more investors, the famous the endorcer the higher the trust the token can get. Without knowing that endorcers are just for hypes but after the hypes sudside the token will be less valuable than what's expected.

SUBSCRIBE NOW
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 08:27:03 AM

Whats your take on celebrity endorsements with the crypto world? Do you think it actually helps? Question is how many fans actually know and care about crypto to actually invest??
I think celebrity endorsements represent all that is wrong with the old world - The new world of cryptocurrencies needs trust in Math, not cult of personality. Have any of the ico's listed performed well or have they pumped and dumped
Yes. LOL. You should not base your judgment on whether an ICO is going to be successful on support of these celebrities. Most of them are paid, and probably most of the owners of the project are just connected to him or any other celebrity as well. It is important for you to do your own research and see how well the project seems.  You do not know how many of the token of that project he has been offered to do the ad.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
romec1701

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 02:25:49 PM

So yesterday I invested in Electroneum. Its a UK based cryptocurrency with a focus on Mobile phones (there is an app wallet and inbuilt miner within that which will reward users coins for running it).

It sounds good, but the link to this post is that its being sponsored/advertised by Harry Redknapp. So it must be amazing :0 haha

eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2017, 04:03:42 PM

Yes. LOL. You should not base your judgment on whether an ICO is going to be successful on support of these celebrities. Most of them are paid, and probably most of the owners of the project are just connected to him or any other celebrity as well. It is important for you to do your own research and see how well the project seems.  You do not know how many of the token of that project he has been offered to do the ad.
I really don't think that the owners of these ICO's are connected in any way to these celebrities, it's just another form of advertising.
Notice how most of this advertising is done through Instagram? There are advertising bureaus dedicated to brokering deals between advertisers and these high profile Instagram stars.

Celebrities like Paris Hilton and Mayweather are just cashing in on that too, they're also very popular on social media. Anyone can buy a post from them as long as you've got the money.

Be_Happy

Activity: 518
Merit: 283

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 04:21:42 PM

I think that celebrities can actually just advertise certain coins to attract users. After all, their fans will more trust the products they advertise.

0t3p0t

Activity: 1596
Merit: 357

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2017, 05:52:58 PM

Are these celebrities aware of what they are doing? Maybe they just want to earn huge amount of money from the project they are promoting. Devs maybe paying celebrities just to make sure they are going to lure more investors. It maybe effective but I don't think if those projects are something  that can be trusted or legit. Celebrities might be victims here too I think some of them are innocent I mean not a crypto fun but because of money they did it. But just to be fair, endorsement done by celebrities are qiet good in this industry due to the huge volume of investors, traders and enthusiasts all over the world that could possibly see such advertisements.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
carrie_white

Activity: 784

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 06:09:45 AM

I do not think Celebrity Endorsed Cryptocurrency is so good, because the cost of paying them must be expensive, and also not necessarily effective, such as the stox in endorse floyd mayweather, the price of the coin is now very falling from the initial release price

hgmarral

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 06:40:42 AM

I do not think Celebrity Endorsed Cryptocurrency is so good, because the cost of paying them must be expensive, and also not necessarily effective, such as the stox in endorse floyd mayweather, the price of the coin is now very falling from the initial release price

Yeah I agree, I think you really have to question the motive of a company using a celebrity to endorse an ICO - it's to pump as much coin as possible into the sale. The fundamentals of the product and team is something that be enough of an endorsement itself to go alongside regular marketing (if the project is actually quality).
Rinaze

Activity: 322

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 07:25:56 AM

I think there's a high chance that a celebrity endorsed coin might backfired or turn a turn for the worse unless that celebrity has long dabbled with crypto publicly as well. Else the celebrity is also trying to cash in for the short period of time too (nothing wrong with that technically).

denizzz

Activity: 418
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 01:58:27 PM

Viberate seems to be a good project though and looking at the fact that the project has to do with entertainment, I am not surprised it they have some celebrities on their side or if they have few endorsed as this would really help the project a lot. It is a project I am really watching out for and I want to believe it is going to be big.

let me add +1 to this Smiley

Smokey Bob

Activity: 106

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 02:15:07 PM

I don't know if he's mentioned, nor if he counts as a celebrity, but McAfee is making his McAfee coin on Universa blockchain. I guess that counts almost as an endorsement.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
moinul018

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 04:46:56 PM

I don't think anyone with no knowledge of crypto should endorse. It may boost the PR of the coin but not good enough if the crypto doesn't do good for itself.
Coinve.st

Activity: 700
Merit: 14

Coin ● https://coindefi.org

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2017, 03:30:56 PM

Instead of a celebrity, I prefer companies to be endorsed by someone that is well known in the industry.
deepcryptomine

Activity: 392

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 06:52:07 AM

William Shatner endorsed Datum tokens. However I did like his tweet that said 'I’m a celebrity so I got paid cash to tweet this out. Now you can #GetPaidForYourData too'. Smiley
dreamax25

Activity: 365
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 02:27:46 PM

Here are some well-known celebrities that entered into the crypto world!

https://coincodex.com/article/2535/celebrities-and-icos/
JCviggen

Activity: 1260
Merit: 505

Age Of Mars | GameFI Virtual colonization of Mars

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 03:02:54 PM

If celebrities advertise projects it is good, because the developers have paid them a considerable amount for advertising , which means the project will be successful.

Age Of Mars | GameFI Virtual colonization of Mars
Iarnnoshre

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 03:04:36 PM

well why not in my opinion if the famous peopel will start get interested in cruptocurrencies people will stop being afraid of them

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol
Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING
[https://tokensale.w12.io/]
Iarnnoshre

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 03:06:02 PM

William Shatner endorsed Datum tokens. However I did like his tweet that said 'I’m a celebrity so I got paid cash to tweet this out. Now you can #GetPaidForYourData too'. Smiley
peopel are usually arfaid of what they do not know so i hope taht peopel will stop being taht paranoid crypticurrency wirld deserves attention

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol
Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING
[https://tokensale.w12.io/]
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: