Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:21:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin has no role in real world  (Read 5991 times)
melinda29

Activity: 223
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 03:34:07 PM

For the fact that that bitcoin has been a successful project and Satoshi's vision have been actualized  and no one can deny that. Many countries are now accepting bitcoin. Some establishments, businesses, shops, and sites are also accepting bitcoin as payment for their services. Lots of people have invested and more are investing bitcoins and it have changed many lives, and still making more lives better, without a doubt.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jademacoy

Activity: 224
Merit: 8

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 03:34:35 PM

Yeah good insights you have there thinking of bitcoin in reality. Some are just posting ideally that thinking bitcoin could be use in a form of payment, as a salary to be given by the parties that contribute labor, that establishment will accept bitcoin. However, these are only ideals and nothing has done before like what they have said and if there were incidents that happen like stated above then i guess both parties has the knowledge about bitcoin and they have also sign an agreement that about this kind of payment which is too difficult to assess since the price of bitcoin is volatile and everytime bitcoin market price will move. Yet, they are still thinking about it ideally. But then it depends upon the perception of the person. In my opinion bitcoin has become my savings where my spare money is put into form of bitcoin. And relatively i am also about it since somehow the money i invested in bitcoin has relatively increases for some percentage.
Trenton30

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 03:37:22 PM

BTC has no role to play in the real world affairs. People who try to create such a role are confused between asset and currency. The design itself only considers pure virtual activity with no touch with real world. People also mistake the buzz words such as "peer-to-peer", "border-less", "decentralised" etc as the problems to be solved. But sadly these are not real problems. The insignificant problems (speed and fees) are hardly enough to sell and these problems are going away anyway. I have no respect to Nakamoto because he ignored the most important element (govt and authorities) in social situation and still want to sell it as some solution to social situations. Hardly any country has regulatory framework that deals with btc.

The problems are rooted in the philosophy of crypto, not in the code. So, the beauty of blockchain tech is irrelevant for btc. It is like selling a bad app by showing how great Android is.

1) Bitcoin does not provide controlled visibility, because it doesn't recognise the existence of governments. Now if you make changes to provide visibility to authorities, ALL privacy is gone. If you don't, then ALL visibility is gone.

2) Fees are rooted in the design. Whatever consensus you invent for a public blockchain, you can't escape rewarding the work of validating transactions. So zero fees are not possible.

Public blockchains sacrifice all good qualities of a business application for the sake of trust-less environment which is not even actually a problem to solve in many contexts. Also they make it extremely costly to run small amount of code or small storage. Who wants their business code to be validated by all arbitrary people in the world?

Most ICOs are sharing economy concepts similar to uber model. Lack of a responsible intermediary and costs will make these "innovations" to fail, if they ever have to touch real-world activities.

Bulk of the blockchain activity will move to business collaborations which might not even look like a blockchain. Crypto coins will be used in most business blockchains, but these coins will be value-less tokens and very specific to the business or institutional activity.

I think whether it has a role to play is not even a question any longer. If anything, people will look back and think of Bitcoin as the cryptocurrency that changed the way the world works. Whether you see it used in business or not at the current point in time is just about factually wrong.

There are Bitcoin ATMs, there are people currently using it at the moment, there are businesses created around Bitcoin. So, technically, it is already playing a role.

If I understand you correctly, you are stating that it will NOT play any future roles in business. To that point, I can maybe agree a bit more.

Businesses are interested in the technology, in the DLT: Blockchain. More so, permissioned blockchain. Why? Well, you have the best of both worlds. More control over the newest (most secure) tech in the world, poised to change the way we do business now and in the near future.

At the end of the day, Bitcoin will at least be the cryptocurrency that started it all. Sort of the 'shot heard 'round the world'.

Whether you believe in Bitcoin or not, it deserves its respect whether you take it from a business or strictly public/decentralized system for the individual.

My question however is, where are all the forums around blockchain? It seems that business is taking off with applying many use cases, yet little talk on forums about the technology.

I think it would be wise to focus on the technology as well and not just on the thing that currently is making you money. If the Bitcoin does fail, I'd hate to be left in the dust.

#my2pennies
reighbut2017

Activity: 252
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 03:46:52 PM

It really don't have a certain role in real life for some people, but think on how much is it being adopted to the society, about its purpose and its importance to the future generations. It is really sure hard to adopt from changes, but what else can we do, people will really choose to find more easy way in life rather than those old conventional ways we've grew up with.

I think bitcoin plays important role in the world because it helps improve financial transaction and country's economic growth.
afroman1131

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 03:50:08 PM

what makes you think that? bitcoin has changed a lot of lives quite a real people and how can we say that it does not matter in a real place?

S P O R T S F I X           ●   BE A GAME CHANGER   ●
|     Whitepaper     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     Medium     |
████████████ [ Join SPORTSFIX ] ████████████
alex lionel

Activity: 107

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 03:57:15 PM

when bitcoin has no real-world role why bitcoin exists?
and now I still enjoy the bitcoin given to me, because bitcoin is real.
calum holding25

Activity: 107

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 04:07:41 PM

I watched a documentary last night about cashless societies. From I realised that bitcoin can not replace fiat as an alternative currency, because bitcoin's value relies on fiat. If it wasn't worth $40000 it would be worthless, because its the fiat number that gives it value.
XpanderaX

Activity: 110

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 04:09:39 PM

You are wrong, in fact Bitcoin actually has a big role in the real world, and this has been proven in various countries that have legalized Bitcoin. Bitcoin can be used as usual fiat money. if this Bitcoin does not have a role in the real world, then why Bitcoin is created.
Bitcoin.Expert

Activity: 101

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 04:18:24 PM

Bitcoin is a new revelation and it has changed the face of banking sector. Though in its initial phase, this crypto currency has become an innovative payment system that is private and most importantly not controlled by any Government. You can send your payment to anywhere, anytime and any day. Dollar took some time to get foothold in the market and so bitcoin will also become popular with people in the real world too.
bajingluncat

Activity: 406
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 04:21:00 PM

who says btc is useless in the real world, in fact many people have changed their lives overnight because btc, now there are many public facilities that accept it as a means of transaction so that one proof, indeed for now only a few circles that can mersakan benefits but I am sure along with the growing popularity of crypto money, will be many people who can use btc optimally in their day to day life
check_it_out

Activity: 38

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 04:31:00 PM

I don't think I agree with this statement.
Just tracing back from the history from past years, we can see that bitcoin is working and used by lots of consumer.

Blockchain and smart contract technology is something that is applicable to many things.
Bitcoin is relevant with people needs, and it serves a special role in this world.
Bodik1710

Activity: 57

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 04:37:10 PM

I think that Bitcoin has no role to play in the real world affairs. There are some problems about it. Bitcoin does not provide controlled visibility .  Fees are rooted in the design.
Bitcoinnumberone

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 04:46:24 PM

i don't believe this speculation about bitcoin are no role in real world, if put on your mind bitcoin helping to people giving hope in the daily routine in lives because bitcoin giving a lot of benefits for the people and helping to economy of every nation accept the bitcoin as currency using the volatile, example the role of bitcoin in world giving decent job for the jobless and if the nation or country are in troubles to provide the great job for his people bitcoin giving this and give good income.

Absolutely not. There are so many things bitcoin can do and contribute to the society if given the chance to excel and saturate. Bitcoin is a much awaited cryptocurrency. This could actually give way to people's hope for a cashless society.
mautenisis

Activity: 274

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 04:50:55 PM

Yes it is because it is a digital currency which makes the world better,it can revolutionize the fiat system and the centralized banking system that is why it is better to have it,the altcoins are going to be the upgrade or the solution for the bitcoin's shortcomings which is why we need to expect more with these new altcoins in the market.

NOIZ
⇐ ● A decentralized cognitive ad network ● ⇒
○ ○ ○ ➀ WEBSITEWHITEPAPERTELEGRAMTWITTERFACEBOOK ○ ○ ○
yesyes18

Activity: 546
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 04:59:04 PM

Bitcoin is playing an important role in my part of the world. It's a digital currency and I know quite a number of people who use it for their transactions

sunniechance3

Activity: 242

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 05:04:04 PM

Yes, you can say as Bitcoin is still not widely accepted at offline stores so easily. And the main reason for this thing is that people are unaware of this thing and one who get aware are afraid of losing their money due to lack of proper knowledge. These things and many more really make us wonder when this Bitcoin will come to real use.
roshanface123

Activity: 308

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 05:14:20 PM

Bitcoin is one of the part of every bitcoiners in their life. So in the new world bitcoin is a major part of financial structure of every bitcoiner or citizen of each countries. The financial stability of each and every citizen make impact on the countries financial condition,so it points that bitcoin have a great role in real world.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28]
  Print  

Jump to: