Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 07:19:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ICO] BITDEGREE - Revolutionizing education with blockchain  (Read 19067 times)
tientien6

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 04:55:01 PM

i dont know what type of advertising is intended but i do know that the initial target audience for advertising is the existing 29 Mil customer base that is available thanks to hostinger. this in itself is huge and i believe will be a catalyst on prices.
this is a great start. the more imprtant focus at the moment is on token integration which the team is in thee process of implementing.
they also mentioned thats some courses will stay free over the course of this integration but any new courses will begin with the bdg token incentives.
kevinantonio

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 04:55:24 PM

BDG platform will offer all payment options as i understand. Fiat will be used to buy BDG tokens on behalf of BDG platform users when the platform is fully implemented.
camargoherrera

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 04:55:35 PM

All courses will be bought using BDG. However students can pay directly in fiat and the platform will automatically change that fiat into BDG using available exchanges.
In the first release that is planned soon users will need to buy BDG on their own, but with the next release the platform will take fiat and transform it.
kosaet
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 11:34:45 PM

How is bitdegree different to udemy or coursera? I mean it's blockchain powered but I couldn't see that makes it offer new features that others can't.
Tynianee

Activity: 11

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 06:30:56 AM

No great engagement with the community, this is turning out to be one of my worst investments, hope the team can start working closely and providing regular update to the community

No engagement with the community? lol. They are engaging a lot with the community, they even private messaged me on social media for feedback and such. I think they are doing great !

Seem to be only you then, you must be very special

Not only, they messaged me as well saying that they're gathering opinion from their supporters. So perhaps they contacted those who support the project and share ideas on how it could be improved, not only constantly complaining without any clear points. Just curious, where do you see a lack of communication from Bitdegree? As their posting actively on Twitter, Facebook, etc.
karlu92

Activity: 392
Merit: 110

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 09:35:18 AM

All courses will be bought using BDG. However students can pay directly in fiat and the platform will automatically change that fiat into BDG using available exchanges.
In the first release that is planned soon users will need to buy BDG on their own, but with the next release the platform will take fiat and transform it.

But where is the advancement of using blockchain?! There is no need for a blockchain and the product is not better with a blockchain!
BitDegree Community Man. (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

The BitDegree Community Manager

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2018, 11:33:53 AM

But where is the advancement of using blockchain?! There is no need for a blockchain and the product is not better with a blockchain!

We address blockchain in education on our blog in a 3 part article.

Part 1: https://blog.bitdegree.org/blockchain-in-education-p1-fud-c8e6950d82c1
Part 2: https://blog.bitdegree.org/blockchain-in-education-p2-why-bitdegree-needs-blockchain-2c78b2587820
Part 3: https://blog.bitdegree.org/blockchain-in-education-p3-how-bitdegree-will-use-blockchain-f5fe3c19ab1f

If you still have questions after this, we can discuss it. Message us on Facebook, Twitter, Telegram.

mig6r

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 08:57:21 PM

Don't wanna be mean here but shouldn't it better be the other way around to drive adoption as fast as possible? You essentially provide a worse solution first. It would be good to make it as easy as possible in the beginning to make people get familiar with all the processes.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▄▄██████████████▄
     █████████████████████▄
   █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀▀       ▀▀██████▄
 █████████               █████
▐███████▌                 ▀███▌
████████                   ████
▐██████▌                   ▐██▌
 ███████                   ███
  ███████                 ███
   ▀██████▄             ▄██▀
     ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
        ▀▀███████████▀▀

▄▄▄             ▄▄▄           ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
 ███             ███           ███   ███████▄      ███        ████████      ███                   ████████       ██████▄       ███   ███████████████▄
 ███             ███           ███   ███ ▀████     ███       ███▀  ▀███     ███                  ███▀  ▀███      ███ ▀███▄     ███   ███         ▀███
 ███             ███           ███   ███   ▀███▄   ███      ███▀    ▀███    ███                 ███▀    ▀███     ███   ████    ███   ███          ███
 ███             ███           ███   ███     ▀███▄ ███     ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████   ███                ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████    ███    ▀███▄  ███   ███          ███
 ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███       ███████    ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███      ▀███▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
  ▀████████████▌  ▀█████████████▀    ███        ▀▀████   ███▀          ▀███  ▀█████████████  ███▀          ▀███  ███        ▀▀████   █████████████▀▀
                     ▄▄███████
                 ▄████████████
              ▄██████▀▀▀██████
       ▄▄   ▄███████     ████
   ▄▄███▀  ██████████▄▄▄████▀
 ▄████▀▀  █████████████████
         ████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
          ▀█████████▀
     ▄█▀    ▀██▀▀   ▄▄
    ██  ▄█▀      ▄███▌
   █████▀        ███▀
   ▀▀▀          ███▀
                ▀     

▄█████████  ███       ██▄      ▄██         █████       ████▌   ▄██████████   
 ██▌          ███        ▀██▄  ▄██▀          ██▌███     ██▀██▌  ▐██           
 ███████████  ███          ▀████▀            ██▌ ███   ██▀ ██▌  ▐███████████   
 ██▌          ███▄          ▐██▌             ██▌  ███ ██▀  ██▌  ▐██           
 ██▌           ▀█████████   ▐██▌             ██▌   ▀███▀   ██▌   ▀██████████

█████████████▌  ▄███████████▄         █████████████▌  ██▌      ▐██    ▄██████████         █████       █████    ▄██████████▄     ▄██████████▄   ▐████▄     ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▀       ▀██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐██                  ██▌███     ███▐██   ▐██▀      ▀██▌   ▐██▀      ▀██▌  ▐██▀███    ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██         ██▌             ▐██        ████████████   ▐███████████         ██▌ ███   ███ ▐██   ▐██        ██▌   ▐██        ██▌  ▐██  ▀██▄  ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▄       ▄██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐█▌                  ██▌  ███ ███  ▐██   ▐██▄      ▄██▌   ▐██▄      ▄██▌  ▐██    ▀██▄▐██ 
      ▐██        ▀███████████▀              ▐██        ██▌      ▐██    ▀██████████         ██▌   ▀███▀   ▐██    ▀██████████▀     ▀██████████▀   ▐██      ▀████ 
  (
BUY LLN
)Twitter
Facebook
Telegram
hoanghai

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 03:53:10 AM

Bitdegree doesnt have the legal rights or systems to create such an option to directly sell tokens on their website. They could probably get it, but its not part of their plan for bitdegree... they are focusing on online education.
hoanghai

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 05:24:00 PM

How is bitdegree different to udemy or coursera? I mean it's blockchain powered but I couldn't see that makes it offer new features that others can't.
1. Gamification
2. Decentralization
3. Get paid for learning
4. Get scholarships and jobs from companies for doing courses that are in demand
5. Get paid extra to create courses that are in demand
6. Fraud free student profiles, cVs, experience, company profiles, content creator profiles. Students and companies can find the best creator, companies can find the best students, students can find the best companies
Currently to get education and get a job you need to take a loan and wast 3 years on learning a ton of stuff that isnt needed. Instead the future of education will be - we need you, we need people that are Robot engineers, we need security developers, we need Android Developers, we'll pay you for learning, we'll pay you for teaching. Everything demand driven, without the 100 000$ loans.
And of course "anyone" can do this, but nobody has done this yet. Anyone could have done what Google did, yet it's Google that did it. Anyone can change the education system, but it's BDG that's gonna do it.
Solexx

Activity: 164

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 11:57:09 PM

I don’t know how BDG tokens will be acquired to swap with fiat. In the short term students will have to acquire tokens on their own. However in time as BDG platform is fully implemented that feature should also be implemented. Hopefully we get on good exchanges sooner where we get plenty of liquidity.
Karamen35

Activity: 207

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 11:57:16 PM

When people are paying in fiat on the platform, will BDG buy-up tokens from different exchanges (via api) instead and credit those people BDG?
camargoherrera

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 11:57:26 PM

I see many discussions about the price, indeed bdg it’s long term project, but we really need at least one better exchange. Recent example, Lala World
Bouli

Activity: 616
Merit: 104

https://t.me/Zenzo_Telegram

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2018, 06:52:54 AM

I don’t know how BDG tokens will be acquired to swap with fiat. In the short term students will have to acquire tokens on their own. However in time as BDG platform is fully implemented that feature should also be implemented. Hopefully we get on good exchanges sooner where we get plenty of liquidity.

What i learned in Telegram from the admins, is that students/users pay with fiat and the platform converts it to BDG. I think they gonna buy it up from exchanges automatically with a api or something.

mig6r

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 12:28:25 PM

What i learned in Telegram from the admins, is that students/users pay with fiat and the platform converts it to BDG. I think they gonna buy it up from exchanges automatically with a api or something.

That's definitely the best and easiest way to go if it works like that. The payment process needs to be smooth and nobody wants to be bothered with several payment steps.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▄▄██████████████▄
     █████████████████████▄
   █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀▀       ▀▀██████▄
 █████████               █████
▐███████▌                 ▀███▌
████████                   ████
▐██████▌                   ▐██▌
 ███████                   ███
  ███████                 ███
   ▀██████▄             ▄██▀
     ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
        ▀▀███████████▀▀

▄▄▄             ▄▄▄           ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
 ███             ███           ███   ███████▄      ███        ████████      ███                   ████████       ██████▄       ███   ███████████████▄
 ███             ███           ███   ███ ▀████     ███       ███▀  ▀███     ███                  ███▀  ▀███      ███ ▀███▄     ███   ███         ▀███
 ███             ███           ███   ███   ▀███▄   ███      ███▀    ▀███    ███                 ███▀    ▀███     ███   ████    ███   ███          ███
 ███             ███           ███   ███     ▀███▄ ███     ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████   ███                ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████    ███    ▀███▄  ███   ███          ███
 ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███       ███████    ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███      ▀███▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
  ▀████████████▌  ▀█████████████▀    ███        ▀▀████   ███▀          ▀███  ▀█████████████  ███▀          ▀███  ███        ▀▀████   █████████████▀▀
                     ▄▄███████
                 ▄████████████
              ▄██████▀▀▀██████
       ▄▄   ▄███████     ████
   ▄▄███▀  ██████████▄▄▄████▀
 ▄████▀▀  █████████████████
         ████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
          ▀█████████▀
     ▄█▀    ▀██▀▀   ▄▄
    ██  ▄█▀      ▄███▌
   █████▀        ███▀
   ▀▀▀          ███▀
                ▀     

▄█████████  ███       ██▄      ▄██         █████       ████▌   ▄██████████   
 ██▌          ███        ▀██▄  ▄██▀          ██▌███     ██▀██▌  ▐██           
 ███████████  ███          ▀████▀            ██▌ ███   ██▀ ██▌  ▐███████████   
 ██▌          ███▄          ▐██▌             ██▌  ███ ██▀  ██▌  ▐██           
 ██▌           ▀█████████   ▐██▌             ██▌   ▀███▀   ██▌   ▀██████████

█████████████▌  ▄███████████▄         █████████████▌  ██▌      ▐██    ▄██████████         █████       █████    ▄██████████▄     ▄██████████▄   ▐████▄     ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▀       ▀██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐██                  ██▌███     ███▐██   ▐██▀      ▀██▌   ▐██▀      ▀██▌  ▐██▀███    ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██         ██▌             ▐██        ████████████   ▐███████████         ██▌ ███   ███ ▐██   ▐██        ██▌   ▐██        ██▌  ▐██  ▀██▄  ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▄       ▄██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐█▌                  ██▌  ███ ███  ▐██   ▐██▄      ▄██▌   ▐██▄      ▄██▌  ▐██    ▀██▄▐██ 
      ▐██        ▀███████████▀              ▐██        ██▌      ▐██    ▀██████████         ██▌   ▀███▀   ▐██    ▀██████████▀     ▀██████████▀   ▐██      ▀████ 
  (
BUY LLN
)Twitter
Facebook
Telegram
camargoherrera

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 11:50:23 PM

I think the team has left the page on the ICo page because it is of no use for students. For those interested in details of that nature they can browse to the ICo page
tientien6

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 11:50:57 PM

its probably due to missing time, was quick to copy the ico page, which includes the team, as a separate link
it's not about every team member, just the page per se should be linked in a sensible way
Crypto_G

Activity: 107

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 12:26:28 PM

I ve been speaking about getting good exchange is crutial for the succes of bitdegree in 2018. Nobody answer me with ethos
dumbtool45

Activity: 448
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 12:44:20 PM

we expect significant events this summer? the output is decent on the stock exchange or running a paid and useful resources?
Alohaboy?!

Activity: 1050
Merit: 506

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 08:25:14 AM

That's definitely the best and easiest way to go if it works like that. The payment process needs to be smooth and nobody wants to be bothered with several payment steps.

I guess they will just act as a broker in that case. They rely on different exchanges but integrate the simplified buying process. That is quite a good way to handle everything since it might be a easy way to just use credit cards or PayPal etc. It might even be a cool idea in the future to have some sort of voucher codes or something purchasable to make it even faster.
Bitdegree will win if they make it easier to learn online than buying a book for example. it has to be intuitive and userfriendly
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: