Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 10:47:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [TAT.VIRTUALMINE]  (Read 39630 times)
COINPRADER

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 12:20:50 AM

why are people trying to ditch shares sub ipo righ now ? i dont know why people would do that unless its the dot com crash in the 90s

This is normal. In general, if the difficulty goes up, the dividends will be lower and the shares will be worth less. The price is falling because the difficulty is rising.

it is true the shares will be worth less as dividends are reduced over time. but dividends have been the same all week, so i dont think it applies to the recent dip.

As I understand it - divs will be constant until the next difficulty change (mid-next week I believe).  Then, they should be constant until the next difficulty change (2 weeks later)

Add some science to your mining!  GRIDCOIN
boyohi

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 12:29:01 AM

why are people trying to ditch shares sub ipo righ now ? i dont know why people would do that unless its the dot com crash in the 90s

This is normal. In general, if the difficulty goes up, the dividends will be lower and the shares will be worth less. The price is falling because the difficulty is rising.

it is true the shares will be worth less as dividends are reduced over time. but dividends have been the same all week, so i dont think it applies to the recent dip.

As I understand it - divs will be constant until the next difficulty change (mid-next week I believe).  Then, they should be constant until the next difficulty change (2 weeks later)

Yes and even with the difficulty increase virtualmine will pay more dividends/btc then asicminer
twentyseventy
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 12:32:12 AM

Yes and even with the difficulty increase virtualmine will pay more dividends/btc then asicminer

I highly doubt this, since each share is 'equivalent to 1MH/s'.
boyohi

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 12:37:43 AM

As I understand it - divs will be constant until the next difficulty change (mid-next week I believe).  Then, they should be constant until the next difficulty change (2 weeks later)

3BTC AM
0.007 virtualmine
1 asicminer share=428 virtualmine
1 AM=0.036/week
428 Virtualmine=0.09656108/7days

Even with a difficulty increase it will still outperform AM in dividends.
somestranger

Activity: 487
Merit: 500

Are You Shpongled?

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 12:39:11 AM

3 BTC will buy 420 shares of VM and 1 share of ASICMINER. ASICMINER is giving about .035btc/week, and the VM would give you 420 * .00003223 * .8 (20% difficulty increase) * 7 days = 0.0758 BTC/week.
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 12:42:06 AM

Hmm, based on the current dividend rate, it's a 230 or so day ROI (assuming no difficulty increases -- which we already know is false). I'm wondering why people are still buying into this.

Is there something I'm missing? If the dividends are already at 230 day ROI, and are going down every week or two... I don't see it breaking even for a couple years if it does at all.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Kyune

Activity: 287
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 12:43:13 AM

Keep in mind the difficulty change is defined in the code as every 2016 blocks, which means that in a time of rapidly rising difficulty, the next difficulty shift can happen quicker than 14 days, because the blocks are being solved faster than every 10 minutes.  For example, I believe the most recent difficulty jump of 28% happened in a time period a few hours shy of 12 days.

BTC:  1K4VpdQXQhgmTmq68rbWhybvoRcyNHKyVP
boyohi

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 01:02:39 AM

Hmm, based on the current dividend rate, it's a 230 or so day ROI (assuming no difficulty increases -- which we already know is false). I'm wondering why people are still buying into this.

Is there something I'm missing? If the dividends are already at 230 day ROI, and are going down every week or two... I don't see it breaking even for a couple years if it does at all.

The thing you're missing is, try to find anything else that gives you a better deal. If you try mining yourself you'll have to deal with preorders that may or may not come. You can buy AM USB or Blades which is cheaper than these shares but you'll have to keep it running for a while at your own expense. How about investing in AM shares? They won't pay nearly as much in div/cost for a long time from what it seems. The BTC investing market is the most profitable and, if you want, you can go on wall street and do stocks with a 7% return a year.

Right now, even with difficulty increase, we are getting over 10% a month. Find anything in the world that will give you over 10% a month and I'll be glad to follow you into it.

EDIT: I do realize that starting a business might be a good idea depending on the business. I get to sit on my ass and get 10% a month.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 01:13:03 AM

The thing you're missing is, try to find anything else that gives you a better deal. If you try mining yourself you'll have to deal with preorders that may or may not come. You can buy AM USB or Blades which is cheaper than these shares but you'll have to keep it running for a while at your own expense. How about investing in AM shares? They won't pay nearly as much in div/cost for a long time from what it seems. The BTC investing market is the most profitable and, if you want, you can go on wall street and do stocks with a 7% return a year.

Right now, even with difficulty increase, we are getting over 10% a month. Find anything in the world that will give you over 10% a month and I'll be glad to follow you into it.

EDIT: I do realize that starting a business might be a good idea depending on the business. I get to sit on my ass and get 10% a month.

Well, the issue is that with the quickly rising hash-rates, it's going to become less and less valuable. While it may be 10% this month, next month it could be 3%, then 0.1%, etc.

I'm mostly trying to figure out if I should jump in on this now or just keep the BTC (based on number crunching I don't see the dividends paying off based on the current stock prices). I could be wrong, of course.

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
boyohi

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 01:28:20 AM

Well, the issue is that with the quickly rising hash-rates, it's going to become less and less valuable. While it may be 10% this month, next month it could be 3%, then 0.1%, etc.

I'm mostly trying to figure out if I should jump in on this now or just keep the BTC (based on number crunching I don't see the dividends paying off based on the current stock prices). I could be wrong, of course.

It will definitely not drop to 3% next month. In order for that to happen difficulty will have to increase to 72,000,000. I'd say you don't to worry about that for a good 7 months if it increase 20% each cycle.

Of course you can always mine using the USB miners and resell them on ebay at a later date.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 01:32:21 AM

It will definitely not drop to 3% next month. In order for that to happen difficulty will have to increase to 72,000,000. I'd say you don't to worry about that for a good 7 months if it increase 20% each cycle.

Of course you can always mine using the USB miners and resell them on ebay at a later date.

mmm, I may jump in on this then. It's much cheaper to get into than USB miners, and without having to do any extra work. Was just afraid of getting in on it and never seeing the full ROI, :p.

boyohi

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 01:34:04 AM

mmm, I may jump in on this then. It's much cheaper to get into than USB miners, and without having to do any extra work. Was just afraid of getting in on it and never seeing the full ROI, :p.

You can always sell it at anytime. I think its easier to sell these than it is for physical miners. I do consider these to be undervalue for the dividends it pays out compare to everything else.

The virtualmine in BTC-TC needs love. I'd buy those shares but don't have to BTC till next week.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 01:44:54 AM

You can always sell it at anytime. I think its easier to sell these than it is for physical miners. I do consider these to be undervalue for the dividends it pays out compare to everything else.

The virtualmine in BTC-TC needs love. I'd buy those shares but don't have to BTC till next week.

To make these purchases, what do we do? Just transfer funds over to the site and then set up a buy order?

And how are dividends handled? Sent directly to us or to our stock exchange account?

boyohi

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 01:48:56 AM

Create an account with BTC-TC and transfer funds over. Go to the TAT.Virtualmine and buy it. The IPO is 0.007. The dividends are sent to your wallet on the exchange.

https://btct.co/security/TAT.VIRTUALMINE
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 02:02:08 AM

Create an account with BTC-TC and transfer funds over. Go to the TAT.Virtualmine and buy it. The IPO is 0.007. The dividends are sent to your wallet on the exchange.

https://btct.co/security/TAT.VIRTUALMINE

Awesome. Thanks for the clear explanation! That was another fear: tons of micropayments as a result, :p.

twentyseventy
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 02:22:36 AM

I feel that this is the biggest issue that people don't realize about VM. The dividend will get smaller, but the price of the bond will also fluctuate based on the expected dividend!

So many people here are calculating ROI as if the price could never drop below the IPO price...
boyohi

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 02:32:29 AM

I feel that this is the biggest issue that people don't realize about VM. The dividend will get smaller, but the price of the bond will also fluctuate based on the expected dividend!

So many people here are calculating ROI as if the price could never drop below the IPO price...

3 BTC will buy 420 shares of VM and 1 share of ASICMINER. ASICMINER is giving about .035btc/week, and the VM would give you 420 * .00003223 * .8 (20% difficulty increase) * 7 days = 0.0758 BTC/week.

Even with difficulty calculated it will still outperform AM shares.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3245

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 02:49:08 AM
Last edit: June 15, 2013, 03:01:50 AM by odolvlobo

Even with difficulty calculated it will still outperform AM shares.

boyohi,

It is important to include the price of the shares in your computation. If the price of a share of VM drops by 0.0001 over a week while AM remains constant, then both will have the same return.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
boyohi

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 02:54:31 AM

If the price of VM drops to .0001 then buying them at the price you'll have 188x the dividends of AM in a week. It wont drop to that low.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3245

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 02:59:57 AM

If the price of VM drops to .0001 then buying them at the price you'll have 188x the dividends of AM in a week. It wont drop to that low.

I meant drops by 0.0001, not drops to 0.0001. If VM drops, from 0.0070 to 0.0069, for example, then your 420 shares have lost a total of 0.0420 BTC, which exceeds the difference between the 0.035 BTC from AM and 0.0758 BTC from VM.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: