Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:18:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [TAT.VIRTUALMINE]  (Read 39630 times)
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 02:04:50 PM

are "TAT" and "DMS" acronyms that are not specific to just the Bitcoin world/cryptostocks?

They are ticker tags meant to let people know who is running them. Any asset I release will have TAT. on it, so you know it's me!

Ohhh, does this mean that nobody else is allowed to use that tag then? Ex. is it basically "locked" to you?

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
ThickAsThieves (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 02:06:59 PM

are "TAT" and "DMS" acronyms that are not specific to just the Bitcoin world/cryptostocks?

They are ticker tags meant to let people know who is running them. Any asset I release will have TAT. on it, so you know it's me!

Ohhh, does this mean that nobody else is allowed to use that tag then? Ex. is it basically "locked" to you?

That is correct, however, it should be noted that I only trade on BTCT.co, Bitfunder.com, and HavelockInvestments.com currently. So if you see that tag elsewhere, it might not be me.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 02:08:22 PM

That is correct, however, it should be noted that I only trade on BTCT.co, Bitfunder.com, and HavelockInvestments.com currently. So if you see that tag elsewhere, it might not be me.

Cool. Thanks for clarifying this!

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
boyohi

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 04:43:25 PM

>:] TAT.MiningASICVirtual I'm making this so I can be like those Chinese knockoff brands, Buckstar coffee.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 04:53:03 PM

>:] TAT.MiningASICVirtual I'm making this so I can be like those Chinese knockoff brands, Buckstar coffee.

Pretty sure it would be more like "Starbutts Coffee," lol

freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 09:48:50 PM

Pretty sure it would be more like "Starbutts Coffee," lol

TAThashing fund  All TAT's under one coffee house Smiley

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
Dexter770221
Legendary

Activity: 1029
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 04:24:28 PM

260?
Isn't that should be 2600?

Ok, never mind Wink Bitfunder eats zeros Wink

Under development Modular UPGRADEABLE Miner (MUM). Looking for investors.
Changing one PCB with screwdriver and you have brand new miner in hand... Plug&Play, scalable from one module to thousands.
ThickAsThieves (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 04:34:14 PM

UPDATE

Due to ASICMINER's decline in hashing for several days now, I am pausing any new issuance of TAT.VIRTUALMINER units, and I will begin to find alternate backing for the hashes AM has taken offline.

Since it is likely that this is a temporary lull in hashrate from AM, I will not be securing new backing aggressively, but I will be buying other hashing assets at a modest pace until AM gets back up to a speed that covers TAT.VM's hashes, or I until I buy enough alternate hashes to exceed what is required for backing TAT.VM.

Any alternate hashing that is purchased will likely be held permanently as backing for TAT.VM hashes.

Once the dust has settled, I will issue a new TRANSPARENCY REPORT, showing all holdings used as backing, etc.

Thanks!
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 05:38:49 PM

UPDATE

Due to ASICMINER's decline in hashing for several days now, I am pausing any new issuance of TAT.VIRTUALMINER units, and I will begin to find alternate backing for the hashes AM has taken offline.

Since it is likely that this is a temporary lull in hashrate from AM, I will not be securing new backing aggressively, but I will be buying other hashing assets at a modest pace until AM gets back up to a speed that covers TAT.VM's hashes, or I until I buy enough alternate hashes to exceed what is required for backing TAT.VM.

Any alternate hashing that is purchased will likely be held permanently as backing for TAT.VM hashes.

Once the dust has settled, I will issue a new TRANSPARENCY REPORT, showing all holdings used as backing, etc.

Thanks!

Does this mean that the BTC/share should go up from where it is now instead of continuing down, or am I misunderstanding what you mean?

funkymunky

Activity: 283
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 05:39:46 PM

UPDATE

Thanks!

Very professional, thank you
ThickAsThieves (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 06:42:40 PM

UPDATE

Thanks!

Does this mean that the BTC/share should go up from where it is now instead of continuing down, or am I misunderstanding what you mean?

It probably won't affect things much on BTCT.co. If I issue new units anywhere, it can slow price growth or depress the price. However, the volume hasn't been that high on BTCT.co, so the price never was able to get as high as on BitFunder, and thus I have not issued nearly as many.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 06:47:29 PM

UPDATE

Thanks!

It probably won't affect things much on BTCT.co. If I issue new units anywhere, it can slow price growth or depress the price. However, the volume hasn't been that high on BTCT.co, so the price never was able to get as high as on BitFunder, and thus I have not issued nearly as many.

Ohh, my question was in relation to the dividends (sorry I didn't specify).

ThickAsThieves (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 07:02:01 PM

UPDATE

Thanks!

The only thing that affects dividends is the current mining difficulty. My work to secure additional backing is unrelated. The backing just serves as additional insurance that dividends will get paid reliably.
Deprived

Activity: 532

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 07:12:26 PM

UPDATE

Thanks!

The only thing that affects dividends is the current mining difficulty. My work to secure additional backing is unrelated. The backing just serves as additional insurance that dividends will get paid reliably.

Think what he was asking is whether ASICMINER's hashing reducing would affect difficulty - and hence dividends.  Answer to that is if ASICMINER's hashing stays low then difficulty will increase by less than had that hashing power been working.  Whether that's enough for difficulty to actually fall is debatable - at present, if hashing doesn't rise from other sources (and ASICMINER's hash-rate stays depressed), next difficulty change would be a miniscule rise and so a tiny drop in dividend/day.  Without knowing WHY ASICMINER's hash-rate has fallen there's no way to know how long it will stay low - and whether there's any likelihood of it falling further. 

Most reasons why ASICMINER hashing power has dropped would only generate a short-term drop -e.g. relocating or upgrading some equipment, but there are some possible reasons that could lead to a greater reduction - e.g. chips failing or enforcement action against them.  The short-term ones seem the most likely to me.
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 10:11:40 PM

A .003 print on BTCT.co

Not for widows or orphans, this one eh?
ThickAsThieves (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 03:34:23 PM

I just want to take a few minutes to address how some people (well, one very persistent person) are asking me about why TAT.VM market price has fallen this week. This person is pretty angry about this, threatening so besmirch my name unless I buy back his shares. After 2 hours of late-night "discussion", I nearly considered it, just so I could go to sleep...

In summary:

1. Difficulty has risen by greater than 20% two times in a row now. I'm not sure if that's a record, but it's certainly much faster than anything I can recall this year. When difficulty rises, the dividend goes down, and thus the fundamental value of pretty much ALL mining assets go down.

2. The market has a new, extremely low-priced competitor. I suspect many people have sold off their TAT.VM at a psuedo-loss in order to buy cheaper assets elsewhere. Really, this is probably the biggest factor. However, this is the nature of being in a competitive market. If demand is high, others come in and undercut you if they can.

3. I have spelled out very clearly how this asset works. It, like pretty much all bitcoin investments, is high risk. Trading this asset properly is all about timing. Buy at the right time, hold for the right amount of time, sell at the right time. Many, many shareholders have played this asset to success.

This asset states its purpose very plainly in the description:

Code:
This is asset is being offered for the following purposes:
1. To provide the most affordable and competitive alternative to other mining assets currently available.
2. To provide an easy choice for investors to earn mining rewards without the responsibility and hassle of running personal mining rigs and farms.

If you buy this because you want to simulate mining, and find TAT.VM's price for 1mh/s to be acceptable, great. But if difficulty spikes cause devaluation, or if new competitors in the asset or mining market spur selloffs, and your main concern is share price, then you need to stay savvy. The market price of TAT.VM held quite remarkably considering the recent diff changes, but the new assets on the market really pulled things downward.

In closing, please understand what you are buying when you buy bitcoin assets. I still get people asking me how dividends are determined even though the formula is already listed.

TAT.VM is virtual hashes, nothing more, nothing less. I will continue to deliver dividends on those hashes, in accordance to the contract. It is up to the trader to know whether it is right for them, and how/when to trade it.

drdanishkhan

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 08:08:48 AM

So how goes the aggressive search for backing.. Asicminer share prices are back and goin up while our prices are dropping like a stone..

BTC tip jar 1LrwjfQ41DA9u8PLcQBLp7CueoWotdKshq
PsychoticBoy
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1010

Parental Advisory Explicit Content

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 08:12:58 AM

That is TATs hedge Wink

Thank Deprived for destroying another PMB.
drdanishkhan

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 08:24:17 AM

There was a hedge against the prices dropping imo?? shares with asicminer and what not.. anyways so can we expect a recovery or should we just abandon ship  Sad

BTC tip jar 1LrwjfQ41DA9u8PLcQBLp7CueoWotdKshq
Rannasha

Activity: 728

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 09:00:40 AM

There was a hedge against the prices dropping imo?? shares with asicminer and what not.. anyways so can we expect a recovery or should we just abandon ship  Sad

There is no hedge against prices dropping. Assests owned by TAT for this fund are to pay for daily dividends. The ASICMiner shares are there to ensure that TAT.VirtualMine has enough hashing power behind it. The asset is not an ASICMiner PT, so any change in value or dividends from AM won't affect the price or value of TAT.VIRTUALMINE.

The only thing that determines the market price of the asset is the market, supply and demand. And with an increasing difficulty, the dividends go down and therefore people are willing to pay less for the asset.

It's all very transparent.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: