Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 04:51:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Gameflip FLP [Official]  (Read 20516 times)
Mystic90

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 07:34:53 AM

Why would a user use Gameflip marketplace that is purely focussed on games, instead of using a marketplace that would sell everything?
Thank you for question. There are lots of platforms where people can buy different goods but unfortunately there are no such marketplace for gamers. Gaming industry is growing very fast  and there is huge demand for it.
The Gameflip marketplace platform has been transacting gaming digital goods since the beginning of 2016 with millions of dollars processed across 2 million gamers. We fully understand the risks associated with managing digital goods transactions and the strategy to scale the marketplace rapidly. Our plan is to enhance our platform to provide the highest levels of transparency and security by implementing blockchain and smart contracts.

thnx for the reply. I understand gaming is a big industry, but I still dont see the need to have a marketplace specifically for gaming. Why not buy your games/hardware on a marketplace where you can
also buy a book or dvd on the same order?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nobytes

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 07:58:35 AM
Last edit: October 19, 2017, 08:27:53 AM by nobytes

I see that you are going to implement ETH as a payment method in Q1, that's cool! I definitely would buy gift cards with cryptocurrencies.

But what i find confusing is that in your roadmap it says that bitcoin payments are live today, and yet found talks like this in the comments:

- Can I pay with bitcoin?
- No
- Ok

So it's up to seller or how does this work?

For now, only ETH is accepted.

I meant the gameflip.com marketplace, not the ico:

From Roadmap:
https://i.imgur.com/YwjZt54.png

From Marketplace:
https://i.imgur.com/l2SeGg8.png

As far as I know you can contribute in Gameflip ICO only with Ethreum. Currently there isn't an option for paying BTC

Yes, that is correct.

I am not sure if you understood my question, i am talking about the marketplace, not the ico. Marketplace, the site you are collecting money for, seems to accept only fiat-money.
zgrdyg

Activity: 602
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2017, 08:00:39 AM

Everytime i checked the Project i even love more.

Gameflip's current competitor is steam Marketplace only but if you sell your contents in there it takes %15 fee and you can't cash out. You can only use your Money in steam.

But with gameflip you can even make a living with it. Just sell your item and take the Money to your pocket. It will definetly change everything in the game market.

SEELE^^01

Activity: 952
Merit: 137

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 08:06:58 AM

wow, gameflip already raised the half of it pre-sale funds for the ico Oo?

https://tokensale.gameflip.com/

and still more than 1 day ongoing Smiley this is good news Smiley time to get some tokens too

Yasemin

Activity: 224

Become Part of the Mining Family

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 08:10:44 AM

I had a look at the website and saw you can buy in-game items, for example gold for world of warcraft.
I didnt know this was a legal thing to do, but I can see it works out great because a lot if items are labeled as sold.
Now I need to figure out how blockchain is involved, if anyone already knows?

Piggy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1416

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2017, 08:42:44 AM

I had a look at the website and saw you can buy in-game items, for example gold for world of warcraft.
I didnt know this was a legal thing to do, but I can see it works out great because a lot if items are labeled as sold.

they are using smart contracts to make the swap between items and "cash" automated, so that nobody get cheated for going first, and not getting paid money or not getting the item. Quite a nice use case i must say.
Mystic90

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 09:04:43 AM

they are using smart contracts to make the swap between items and "cash" automated, so that nobody get cheated for going first, and not getting paid money or not getting the item. Quite a nice use case i must say.

My little brother sells gold in WoW once in a while. I know its quite the struggle to get a trade going, so i can see some use for GameFlip here Smiley
Gameflip ICO (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 09:05:42 AM

pre-sale is going on with nice momentum I hope they will achieve the minimum cap during this phase. This is nice opportunity to buy this token just 2 days left to take action and save the this chance.

Which payment they accept? I have some Kick tokens. May I invest with Kick tokens? Or only with ETH?

Only ETH you have to buy some to invest into this project.

Why not accept Kick coin? I thought, that they ll be accept their own tokens on their platform for ICO

Currently we are only accepting ETH, but you will be able to trade it once it enters the market trade for other cryptocurrencies.
Something conducive to the moment, since there is a volatility in btc pre-fork. Is there a forecast for inclusion of new currencies in your investors? It would be great to be able to extend this opportunity to new markets.

We are working at that Smiley
Gameflip ICO (OP)

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 09:10:28 AM

Interesting project, good luck !

Thank you for your support and good wishes!
Gameflip ICO (OP)

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 09:19:46 AM

just found this topic on the board - im pretty interested!
i will take a exact look at the whitepaper and follow the topic
good luck!

Thanks for taking an interest and the well wishes! When you get through whitepaper, contact us if you will have any questions!
Gameflip ICO (OP)

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 09:39:18 AM

I agree here. It is a better decision if you focus your marketplace on game items instead of making a marketplace like for example ebay or what ever, where you can trade everything. Through this you maybe have less potential customers but you also don't have to scale too high, your customers build a bound with your platform and they know that you and your team is working for this one purpose.

Can you tell me what items are currently get sold on your current marketplace? Like just stuff for mmorpgs? Or also some other online games? I also think, selling game keys or stuff is not legit, am I right?

To learn more about the market place and available items, head over to the gameflip forum =) https://forum.gameflip.com/

Im not familiar with most of the items that are being sold on your platform thats why i am wondering, what are the advantage to buy it trough your existing webpage, is the price lower than buying from original game or its just a the fact, that everyone can list anything there?

To get acquainted with our platform, you can read our white paper: https://tokensale.gameflip.com/static/Gameflip_whitepaper.pdf

There are lot of advantages:

- Gameflip Marketplace Platform - The Gameflip marketplace platform has been transacting gaming digital goods since the beginning of 2016 with millions of dollars processed across 2 million gamers. We fully understand the risks associated with managing digital goods transactions and the strategy to scale the marketplace rapidly. Our plan is to enhance our platform to provide the highest levels of transparency and security by implementing blockchain and smart contracts.

- Experience - Collectively, our Gameflip team has over a century of starting, operating and scaling start-up companies. This is our passion! On top of that, we have a world class team of advisors, including the co-founder of Electronic Arts, the co-founder of GREE and the founder of Bigpoint, all of which are the top global gaming companies across the globe.

- Incentives for Publishers and Game Developers - This is a key point we believe our competitors have missed. Clearly, there is demand from gamers to sell their digital goods but the publishers are the gatekeepers. Without providing strong and aligned incentives, something we've done by allocating 40% of our FLIP tokens for network growth, we don't believe the publishers will join the decentralized network. If you step into their shoes, we are asking them to try out a new ""unproven"" technology to develop a new revenue stream. This is risky for them so we need strong incentives as well as a clear onboarding plan, something which we know well since our team previously ran a $100M publishing business called Aeria Games before starting this business."
FIEX

Activity: 630
Merit: 276

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 09:48:13 AM

- Gameflip Marketplace Platform - The Gameflip marketplace platform has been transacting gaming digital goods since the beginning of 2016 with millions of dollars processed across 2 million gamers. We fully understand the risks associated with managing digital goods transactions and the strategy to scale the marketplace rapidly. Our plan is to enhance our platform to provide the highest levels of transparency and security by implementing blockchain and smart contracts.

- Experience - Collectively, our Gameflip team has over a century of starting, operating and scaling start-up companies. This is our passion! On top of that, we have a world class team of advisors, including the co-founder of Electronic Arts, the co-founder of GREE and the founder of Bigpoint, all of which are the top global gaming companies across the globe.

Those advantages are really great about this project!
Look at that Marketplace, an userbase of 2M gamers! There is a huge market for selling in-game things. This is getting more and more populair.

This project is lead by a very professional team who has a lot of experience.
You guys are doing great! Keep this up!
toolucky98

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 09:48:57 AM

Only 1 day left for pre-sale and only about 52% of soft cap that has been raised.
What will happen if you dont reach the pre-sale softcap? or what will be the result of that?
mike0182

Activity: 420
Merit: 136

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 09:50:40 AM

already collected 1,594.85 ETH is not a bad result!

Gameflip ICO (OP)

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 10:01:42 AM

wow, gameflip already raised the half of it pre-sale funds for the ico Oo?

and still more than 1 day ongoing Smiley this is good news Smiley time to get some tokens too

Thank you for your support!
Sozialtourist

Activity: 686
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 10:02:28 AM

I see that you are going to implement ETH as a payment method in Q1, that's cool! I definitely would buy gift cards with cryptocurrencies.

But what i find confusing is that in your roadmap it says that bitcoin payments are live today, and yet found talks like this in the comments:

- Can I pay with bitcoin?
- No
- Ok

So it's up to seller or how does this work?

For now, only ETH is accepted.

I meant the gameflip.com marketplace, not the ico:

From Roadmap:
https://i.imgur.com/YwjZt54.png

From Marketplace:
https://i.imgur.com/l2SeGg8.png

As far as I know you can contribute in Gameflip ICO only with Ethreum. Currently there isn't an option for paying BTC

Yes, that is correct.

I am not sure if you understood my question, i am talking about the marketplace, not the ico. Marketplace, the site you are collecting money for, seems to accept only fiat-money.

They had an issue with their Bitcoin payment processor, so they decided to disable Bitcoin Purchases:

https://forum.gameflip.com/t/official-statement-iii-bitcoin-purchases-disabled/9432

I think this issue was also the reason why you could have sell skins for twice their actual value on their store a week ago.
Gameflip ICO (OP)

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 10:05:39 AM

Those advantages are really great about this project!
Look at that Marketplace, an userbase of 2M gamers! There is a huge market for selling in-game things. This is getting more and more populair.

This project is lead by a very professional team who has a lot of experience.
You guys are doing great! Keep this up!

We are trying our best and thank you for support!
Gameflip ICO (OP)

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 10:13:27 AM

Only 1 day left for pre-sale and only about 52% of soft cap that has been raised.
What will happen if you dont reach the pre-sale softcap? or what will be the result of that?

The remaining tokens will move into the main sale.
viljy

Activity: 1750
Merit: 880

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 10:43:05 AM

Yes, in such markets it is important, there nobody trusts each other, because many things are prohibited to trade in online games for example. Earlier, as I recall, the deposit of funds was used, and when the buyer confirmed receipt of the goods, the money was transferred to the seller. So the buyer was protected. But the seller worked only on trust, as the buyer could not confirm receipt. And with the use of Gameflip I believe this difficulty will be bypassed.
wissy

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 11:11:20 AM

Why would a user use Gameflip marketplace that is purely focussed on games, instead of using a marketplace that would sell everything?
Thank you for question. There are lots of platforms where people can buy different goods but unfortunately there are no such marketplace for gamers. Gaming industry is growing very fast  and there is huge demand for it.
The Gameflip marketplace platform has been transacting gaming digital goods since the beginning of 2016 with millions of dollars processed across 2 million gamers. We fully understand the risks associated with managing digital goods transactions and the strategy to scale the marketplace rapidly. Our plan is to enhance our platform to provide the highest levels of transparency and security by implementing blockchain and smart contracts.

thnx for the reply. I understand gaming is a big industry, but I still dont see the need to have a marketplace specifically for gaming. Why not buy your games/hardware on a marketplace where you can
also buy a book or dvd on the same order?

Sometimes is better to have marketplace just for a specific type of items since people tend to trust it more. You wont go on ebay and buy medicines there just because they sell it. You will buy it in online pharmacy which can also sell dodgy stuff but it feels more trustworthy.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: