Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 10:24:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Gameflip FLP [Official]  (Read 20516 times)
Gameflip ICO (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 01:06:49 AM

Did you run any bounty campaign for this project?

To learn about our bounty campaigns check out the following links:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2272447
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2273675
Vansire

Activity: 238
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 01:28:48 AM

Okay to answer my own question from a few hours ago yes it's possible to sell game keys thru Gameflip.

My next question is: what happens when the buyer says the game key is invalid?
For this you need to go to gameflip.com

What a lousy answer for an in my opinion important question relevant to the ICO.

If the buyer claims the digital good is invalid and the seller has no way to prove the digital good was indeed valid, as is the case with Steam keys, how are you going to handle that dispute? And since this was paid for with crypto it's impossible to charge back in case fraud did take place. Escrow doesn't help, because neither party knows the truth, except Valve.

I figure this ICO doesn't cover game keys after all, only in game items, perhaps exactly because of this. Your white paper says digital goods which doesn't exclude game keys so I have to figure this out by the lack of the term game key.

X I W Λ T T                  TELEGRAM        MEDIUM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK                   WHITEPAPER     
A Platform that Enables Individuals & Communities to Crowdfund, Co-own & Trade Renewable Energy Assets
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     [ PRE-SALE ]    C O M I N G   S O O N     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
belechau

Activity: 686
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 02:29:26 AM

Okay to answer my own question from a few hours ago yes it's possible to sell game keys thru Gameflip.

What a lousy answer for an in my opinion important question relevant to the ICO.

If the buyer claims the digital good is invalid and the seller has no way to prove the digital good was indeed valid, as is the case with Steam keys, how are you going to handle that dispute? And since this was paid for with crypto it's impossible to charge back in case fraud did take place. Escrow doesn't help, because neither party knows the truth, except Valve.

I figure this ICO doesn't cover game keys after all, only in game items, perhaps exactly because of this. Your white paper says digital goods which doesn't exclude game keys so I have to figure this out by the lack of the term game key.

I think the most ideal to answer that at the moment would be possible partnerships to be presented, it can be complicated, but the Team would have much more tranquility in situations like the one mentioned above. Is there possibility of futurwas partnerships with major developers?
Yasemin

Activity: 224

Become Part of the Mining Family

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 03:21:41 AM

I had a look at the website and saw you can buy in-game items, for example gold for world of warcraft.
I didnt know this was a legal thing to do, but I can see it works out great because a lot if items are labeled as sold.
Now I need to figure out how blockchain is involved, if anyone already knows?

they are using smart contracts to make the swap between items and "cash" automated, so that nobody get cheated for going first, and not getting paid money or not getting the item. Quite a nice use case i must say.

Thanx for this explanation. I dont know why I couldnt think of this myself, since smart contract are being used for almost all new blockchain projects Cheesy

Bambulee

Activity: 532
Merit: 297

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 04:23:17 AM

There is a Gameflip marketplace, the FLIP tokens can be purchased with fiat money from the community of Gamers
and the Gamers can purchase digital goods for games, cool system Smiley
toolucky98

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 04:32:55 AM

You can check this Gameflip buyer guarantee : https://gameflip.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/205357318
Piggy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1416

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2017, 05:56:30 AM

1600 eth is a good amount for a pre sale. Gameflip has a great potential.
Are you guys plan a partnership with Steam?

We are currently in the process of discussing a partnership with all of the major global game publishers =)

That is a good start, i guess it's a long process that will take time, so better get things in motion now. Hope we will get some very good news on this.

Being in Steam would be so HUGE!
wissy

Activity: 658

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 06:14:18 AM

There is a Gameflip marketplace, the FLIP tokens can be purchased with fiat money from the community of Gamers
and the Gamers can purchase digital goods for games, cool system Smiley

As i get it its a reselling platform where users can sell their items, so i am wondering, why would, lets say Steam, do a partnership with you if that would mean less items being purchased form them directly? Or you cant buy all those items on Steam, im not that familiar with it.

niklasmato

Activity: 616
Merit: 263

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 06:15:14 AM

I don't think selling game keys is on the early road map.
But you are right, there will need to be some sort of validation for this.
The fact that it will be written to the blockchain and can be validated there would make sense for me.
Although how to make this a reality that's something the developers of GameFlip will be able to answer much better.
cantdecide

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 06:18:02 AM

We are currently in the process of discussing a partnership with all of the major global game publishers =)

That's good hear. I hope you guys can get some big publisher on board, then this ICO will rock.

By the way, more then 1700 ETH raised so far, will this hit the 2000 in the last 12 hours of pre sale? Cheesy

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
batako

Activity: 1022
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 06:56:22 AM

That's good hear. I hope you guys can get some big publisher on board, then this ICO will rock.

By the way, more then 1700 ETH raised so far, will this hit the 2000 in the last 12 hours of pre sale? Cheesy

The goal for this pre sale is 3000 ETH. And with the remaining time of 12 hours I don't think such goal will be fullfiled. Btw, 1700 ETH isn't bad amount tho!
Piggy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1416

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2017, 06:57:38 AM

i believe game keys can be validated somehow to find out if they are already in use or not, in particular with Steam key i believe it's possible
the_donald

Activity: 588

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 07:20:09 AM

The goal for this pre sale is 3000 ETH. And with the remaining time of 12 hours I don't think such goal will be fullfiled. Btw, 1700 ETH isn't bad amount tho!

it doesn't matter. what matters is the ICO itself. hopefully it will pick up faster than the pre-ICO.

DeKingCrypto

Activity: 518
Merit: 124

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 07:20:17 AM

Any bounty for this project?
Mystic90

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 07:20:45 AM

Why would a user use Gameflip marketplace that is purely focussed on games, instead of using a marketplace that would sell everything?
Thank you for question. There are lots of platforms where people can buy different goods but unfortunately there are no such marketplace for gamers. Gaming industry is growing very fast  and there is huge demand for it.
The Gameflip marketplace platform has been transacting gaming digital goods since the beginning of 2016 with millions of dollars processed across 2 million gamers. We fully understand the risks associated with managing digital goods transactions and the strategy to scale the marketplace rapidly. Our plan is to enhance our platform to provide the highest levels of transparency and security by implementing blockchain and smart contracts.

thnx for the reply. I understand gaming is a big industry, but I still dont see the need to have a marketplace specifically for gaming. Why not buy your games/hardware on a marketplace where you can
also buy a book or dvd on the same order?

Sometimes is better to have marketplace just for a specific type of items since people tend to trust it more. You wont go on ebay and buy medicines there just because they sell it. You will buy it in online pharmacy which can also sell dodgy stuff but it feels more trustworthy.

Medicine is something completely different then a game though, its for your health often on prescription. Games is for free time/ relax / entertainment which can be grouped with more things. At least thats what I think, it
seems like you think games belong in a separate group.
Yasemin

Activity: 224

Become Part of the Mining Family

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 07:21:07 AM

What will happen if they dont get the 3000 ETH ?

Vansire

Activity: 238

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 07:47:02 AM

I don't think selling game keys is on the early road map.
But you are right, there will need to be some sort of validation for this.
The fact that it will be written to the blockchain and can be validated there would make sense for me.
Although how to make this a reality that's something the developers of GameFlip will be able to answer much better.

If you type in Gameflip into a search engine you get to see this

"Gameflip is the Trusted Marketplace for Gamers to safely buy & sell video games, gift codes, in- game items & skins, and everything gaming ..."

Video games is the first thing they say so why wouldn't it be on the roadmap?

And I don't get how writing it to the blockchain proves anything.

X I W Λ T T                  TELEGRAM        MEDIUM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK                   WHITEPAPER     
A Platform that Enables Individuals & Communities to Crowdfund, Co-own & Trade Renewable Energy Assets
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     [ PRE-SALE ]    C O M I N G   S O O N     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
autolove2

Activity: 168

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 07:55:50 AM

Gameflip has built a robust marketplace platform for video gamers to buy and sell digital goods. Using blockchain technology, Gameflip continues to be at forefront in reducing trading barriers for video gamers.

Over 2 million gamers buying and selling gaming items safely with Gameflip
Over 10 million Web views and 2 million Mobile App accesses monthly
Millions of USD transacted monthly

I cant understand. You have working product already? Or this only your plans for future?
SEELE^^01

Activity: 952
Merit: 137

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 08:38:02 AM

a presal is sometimes not sold out immediately, thats why it is a presale for early birds Smiley if this project would have been well known earlier, there would be much more investors of course. but it is still developing and ppl want to see, where it goes.

zgrdyg

Activity: 602
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2017, 08:46:20 AM

Gameflip has built a robust marketplace platform for video gamers to buy and sell digital goods. Using blockchain technology, Gameflip continues to be at forefront in reducing trading barriers for video gamers.

Over 2 million gamers buying and selling gaming items safely with Gameflip
Over 10 million Web views and 2 million Mobile App accesses monthly
Millions of USD transacted monthly

I cant understand. You have working product already? Or this only your plans for future?

They have a centralized system for it already. If you can check their whitepaper it is going very good.

You can check that here: https://gameflip.com

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: