Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 09:06:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 65 nm Chips - [BFL ACCEPTED 100% ESCROW by John K.] - Group Buy #1 - Kernel32  (Read 14729 times)
Kernel32 (OP)

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

If you can't do something smart,do something right

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 10:43:00 AM

Thanks Kernel32 , what I understand is they have working boards , but they won't sell them, instead they need community to develop opens source boards.
As only few orders are delivered , they are just buying time to mine with already produced units , until Avalon chips started shipping at which time they can start shipping their products - IMHO , and they want to cash in more with BFL chips , hm if they take your proposition of escrow I will throw couple of BTC
Thanks for clarifying !

We cannot be sure, but this is our best guess of what's going on in BFL right now.

Thank you for your support AsicBite.

1FqMyFU9CH3WST6oRsw6ZjJNZ5ScXANzqi
MadHasher

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 10:52:25 AM

Hi,

I would be interested if they accepted the escrow but they won't. They don't have the kind of money to put the orders in.

Still, if you get a positive reply back, count me in.

Best regards
Serenata

Activity: 250
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2013, 11:45:49 AM

...hand-to-hand payment...

What if BFL do deliver chips but:
  • They're not working?
  • Half of them are dead?
  • The reference desigh is bad?
  • Something else here...

Besides hand-in-hand trade, I'd recommend the payment to BFL being made after the chips are build into boards that work.

BitcoinX.gr - To ελληνικό στέκι τoυ Bitcoin

My GPG Key
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1756

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 11:58:29 AM

Where did you see that "BFL needs the community to produce a mining board or they won't sell ... a single chip." ?

Welcome back, it looks like you have been away for a couple months how is the 20nm mining chips coming along.

Sorry for the OT derail but I think new folks and people who forgot should be reminded.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=158044.0

FatMagic

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 12:52:42 PM

I am interested in this group buy when it comes up. Call me crazy, but I'm willing to bet on BFL for this one. Will watch this thread. Thanks Kernel.

Noitev

Activity: 812
Merit: 505

The Last NXT Founder

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 12:59:29 PM

I might throw money at this with reliable 100% guarantees/ escrow.
YipYip

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 03:41:29 AM

Had any response from BIG FUCKING LIES ...lol

Let me guess .ummm...umm..NO

..lol

OBJECT NOT FOUND
LazyOtto

Activity: 476

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 06:11:31 AM

Among other reasons I won't participate in this is that it seems Kernel32 can't communicate without shouting.

This thread is just too noisy for me to read.   Tongue
Kernel32 (OP)

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 04:42:36 PM

What if BFL do deliver chips but:
  • They're not working?
  • Half of them are dead?
  • The reference desigh is bad?
  • Something else here...
Besides hand-in-hand trade, I'd recommend the payment to BFL being made after the chips are build into boards that work.

This would be most likely solved by hash test of randomly selected chips on BFL reference long/short board before escrow release.

Community board developer(s) opinion(s) on the reference design are crucial to start the Groupbuy itself.

Among other reasons I won't participate in this is that it seems Kernel32 can't communicate without shouting.

This thread is just too noisy for me to read.   Tongue

Sorry if it seems that way to you. I do bold font only for easy visual recognition of my posts in thread started by myself. I wish there would be some better feature of this kind integrated in the forum engine.

Had any response from BIG FUCKING LIES ...lol

Let me guess .ummm...umm..NO

..lol

There is no response yet. They are most likely in no rush and wait for someone willing to take the 50% upfront "risk". All we can hope for is nobody this "eager" exists. For his sake.

Thank you for the support guys.

Kernel32 (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 02:10:42 AM
Last edit: June 07, 2013, 02:43:08 AM by Kernel32

Good news everyone,

we just got reply from Josh/BFL. They would accept our 100% escrow deal.

Hello,

For this particular instance, I would be willing to facilitate a 100% escrow with John K. for this transaction.  How many chips are you wanting and have you cleared this with John K. first?

Thanks,

Josh

At this point, we need to make sure board developers are willing, able and have the resources/datasheets/sample chips at the right time to get the advanced 65 nm BFL-based miners going and out there ASAP. I'll let you know what their opinions are.

If developers give us the green light, we'll refine the deal and open (in cooperation with John K) first batch orders.

Stay tuned.

Noitev

Activity: 812
Merit: 505

The Last NXT Founder

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 02:13:52 AM

Sure. with john k, I'd put a couple thousand in. pm me when orders open up, I'd like to be first Tongue
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 03:48:23 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtVx26LlNXA <--- Yifu Guo of Avalon skeptical of Butterfly Labs

Why would anyone do that?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
PeZ

Activity: 297

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 05:41:25 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtVx26LlNXA <--- Yifu Guo of Avalon skeptical of Butterfly Labs

It's funny how Yifu is your go-to-source for opinions when he is BFL's direct competitor. It's like asking Mcdonald's CEO what he thinks of the Whopper.
wrenchmonkey

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 05:52:06 AM

Interested, but only if there's a respected hardware developer (like burnin or BKKCoins who is willing to get on board with a design). I'm somewhat vested in BKK's Avalon design at this point, and would definitely be interested in his feedback regarding a BFL chip based project.

Block Erupter Overclocking 447 M/Hash, .006 (discounts if done in quantity) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300206.msg3218480#msg3218480

Buy and sell mining shares (Bitfury). https://cex.io/r/1/wrenchmonkey/0/
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 05:57:46 AM

@ Kernel32

Congrats on the negotiations. You are (IMO) the most viable thread regarding group buys for BFL. You deserve more than one round of applause. May the chips flow freely through your group buy. Good luck!
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 06:09:30 AM

It's funny how Yifu is your go-to-source for opinions when he is BFL's direct competitor. It's like asking Mcdonald's CEO what he thinks of the Whopper.

Yifu seemed to have a fairly high opinion of ASICMINER.  I do also.  Their 130nm chips strikes me as the most impressive.  Avalon's 110nm second, and the supposedly 65nm one being pawned by BFL is either not 65nm, or is a steaming little piece of shit.  Or both.  I'd certainly be writing this into any escrow agreement although it doesn't actually matter exactly why it sucks so badly I suppose.

If BFL is going to go with 100% escrow, I would say there is a damn good chance that whatever they deliver would otherwise be thrown into the dumpster.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
wrenchmonkey

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 06:29:41 AM

Yifu seemed to have a fairly high opinion of ASICMINER.  I do also.  Their 130nm chips strikes me as the most impressive.  Avalon's 110nm second, and the supposedly 65nm one being pawned by BFL is either not 65nm, or is a steaming little piece of shit.  Or both.  I'd certainly be writing this into any escrow agreement although it doesn't actually matter exactly why it sucks so badly I suppose.

Not surprising, since ASICMiner doesn't pose a real threat to them in terms of market share. It's easy to be generous with a company that is no serious threat to your own. BFL's chip still consumes less than half the power of Avalon's, so if it's a steaming piece of shit, it's still better than Avalon's, and if it's not really 65nm, then it's REALLY showing Avalon up...

If BFL is going to go with 100% escrow, I would say there is a damn good chance that whatever they deliver would otherwise be thrown into the dumpster.

Based on WHAT (other than your obviously biased contempt for BFL)? You think BFL wants to further damage their reputation by sending out a bunch of non fuctional chips? LOL, the leaps you people will take to justify your BFL hate are incredible.  Cheesy Cheesy

Block Erupter Overclocking 447 M/Hash, .006 (discounts if done in quantity) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300206.msg3218480#msg3218480

ryanb
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 06:43:50 AM

count me in once you start the group buy with guaranteed chip delivery not just a promise

https://bitcoinfundingteam.com/ref/SatoshiTeam
turn 0.1 BTC to 80BTC week after week!!!
t13hydra

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 06:46:26 AM

BFL don't make chips as far as i know. So what are you looking to buy from them?
Hm.. i see post now. interesting to start selling chips before selling complete products on wait since june last year.
i wouldnt trust them for a dime.
They do make devices and they have shipped too. Unfortunately they move with the speed of a snail on NOS. Noone trusts them and hell i wouldn't trust them even to hold my beer for a sec. I have thrown out $800 already and now waiting for a device to be shipped on the "40th of April"...
Anyway, good luck with the GB. If anything moves, maybe i'll jump in, but not now.
wrenchmonkey

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 06:48:55 AM

BFL don't make chips as far as i know. So what are you looking to buy from them?
Hm.. i see post now. interesting to start selling chips before selling complete products on wait since june last year.
i wouldnt trust them for a dime.
They do make devices and they have shipped too. Unfortunately they move with the speed of a snail on NOS. Noone trusts them and hell i wouldn't trust them even to hold my beer for a sec. I have thrown out $800 already and now waiting for a device to be shipped on the "40th of April"...
Anyway, good luck with the GB. If anything moves, maybe i'll jump in, but not now.

You realize that you can get your $800 back by just asking for it, right?  Roll Eyes

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: