Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:54:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 196 »
  Print  
Author Topic: is it risky to turn all my money to bitcoins?  (Read 37275 times)
bling-bling

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2017, 12:29:34 PM

is it risky to turn all my money to bitcoins? anyhow this money sits in the bank and do nothing for!
Emphasis on "ALL"...Absolutely! I mean why would you even consider doing that? Never ever place all your eggs in one basket..No matter how enticing it is to invest in bitcoin, it is still not practical to go all in. A portion would be wiser just to get a feeling of it. Then if you have totally gained that grasp on the system then you could increase your stakes.

ginanta

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 12:33:20 PM

most risk that is?
1. if bitcoin is not applicable, will be at great risk or total loss.
2. if the account dihack other people can spend money we plant
dificanovi

Activity: 812
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 12:40:03 PM

is it risky to turn all my money to bitcoins? anyhow this money sits in the bank and do nothing for!

I do not think it's risky if we make all the money we have into bitcoin. we will get a lot of profit from bitcoin because we buy bitcoin when the price goes down then sell it when bitcoin price goes up.

leirou

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 12:54:37 PM

Yes it is risky to turn your money to bitcoin as all . And also same to put all your money in the bank nobody knows when will those collapse. In my opinion turn 75% of your total to bitcoin, All things have risk too.
helars2008

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 12:56:23 PM

Of course it is...
Bticoin and other altcoins are to volatile for you to put all your money in there.
You will not always be sure that you will gain in everything that you do.  So better save for your daily needs first before putting anything to cryptocurrencies..

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
2fresh

Activity: 782
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 12:57:24 PM

I do not think it's risky if we make all the money we have into bitcoin. we will get a lot of profit from bitcoin because we buy bitcoin when the price goes down then sell it when bitcoin price goes up.

Lot's of people have lost lot's of money in whether it's in bitcoin or any other crypto. Yes it's risky (regulations, rumors, news and fud create big swings).
smile1218

Activity: 406

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 01:04:11 PM

Yes it is very risky to put all your money in bitcoins. You should atleast subdivide your investments to different so that in the case one investment decreased you still have back up to catch up the losses.

patt0
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1005

Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 01:07:00 PM

Of course it's risky. Bitcoin has good potencial, but no one knows how well it will go. A lot of regulation is still going to happen, and some countries might even consider it illegal, forcing you to use it underground if you really want to do it. I still say invest in it, but only invest what you can lose, if anything goes wrong in the process.

lite
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 01:11:53 PM

It is risky! bitcoin price is volatile, it's recommended to have at least some fiat in case you need it urgently for something. that's why i'm 60% in bitcoin, 20% in altcoins and 20% in fiat.
Heyyyrenz

Activity: 308
Merit: 267

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 01:22:12 PM

There's a 50-50 chance in turning all your money to bitcoin or to invest it into bitcoin. Why? there are many reasons why there's a 50-50 chance. Here are the 2 reason:

• The market is wild place, there's no way you can predict if bitcoin will goes up or goes down.
• If you store it to a online wallet and the wallets systems gets hacked there's a possibility that your bitcoin may lose.

The best thing to do when you turn  your money into bitcoin is to store it to paper wallet and open it after 6 months to 1 year.
BureauChef

Activity: 139

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 01:25:06 PM

Yes, it's risky to turn all your money into bitcoin. Bitcoin is volatile and if you know what you are entering you understand the risk that you'll be taking. And if your money is just staying in the bank and earning with a very low interest better to take the risk in bitcoin by buying at dip and wait for it to grow. The profit in bitcoin may grow in lesser time than your expectation. More risk, more profit but invest only what you afford to lose.

Never do this. It's more than being risky actually. You can lose significant amount of capital if you can't buy bitcoin from the right point, price. And you can get huge profit as well, but I wouldn't take that risk. Make 10% budget and buy bitcoin with it.
Md Saad

Activity: 584
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 01:25:29 PM

No, i don't think so, but it's true that when you want to make profit then you must take a risk. without risk you can't make anything. so you have to take a risk. but in the system of Bitcoin you can be assured that there is not too much risk. because, day by day Bitcoin is becoming a popular and credible platform.
spngebob

Activity: 770
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 01:29:21 PM

Sounds like investment plan to me.
Yes, it is very risky to invest all your money in anything, there is no difference with bitcoins.
But also i think it is worth of risk because if you look at the bitcoin price movement it can be very good investment.
xanxus.kun

Activity: 495

You have to get what you want your own way.

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2017, 01:34:22 PM

I suggest at least control what you will invest, Never invest something you can't afford to lose. although Bitcoin has a potential, it is still volatile and erratic by nature, it won't hurt to be a little careful.

waynechong1995

Activity: 644
Merit: 117

swing!

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2017, 01:38:58 PM

YEAAA its hard to say it could crash and could lose up to 50% if you timing is bad, leverage your risks carefully, for me 50% of my money goes to crypto and i see up and downs

paolo099

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 01:41:31 PM

think it in the opposite way: what would happen if i lose all the money i've invested in bitcoin?
Doesn't worth the risk, many people lost all their money with a move like that and some of them suicided too.. don't want to sound too harsh but definitely i would advice you to invest SOME of these money in BTC as investment, keep the rest as a safety net
Chyton

Activity: 322
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 01:42:49 PM

Anything has risk attached in it!
Of course it is risky to turn all of your money into Bitcoins, Bitcoins is at a child stage which means we can expect some more price jumps, price drops. Bitcoin is volatile. Treat Bitcoin investment as a speculation, by investment I mean long term investment not just a short or medium term investment.

It is better for you to split your money, some to stocks, some to real estate, some to Bitcoins to minimize the risk.
Only invest what you can afford to lose.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
Anonymous and Untraceable
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Ultegra134

Activity: 1596
Merit: 782

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 01:45:08 PM

No, that's extremely risky and do not listen to anyone who might try to convince you it's not. This is applicable to any kind of investment you make. By observing the last few months, or even better, yearly price charts, you will notice that Bitcoin's price in some cases, took months to recover after a crash. If you ever run out of money due to an emergency situation and the price is lower than you purchased, you will lose money, simple as that.

You could simply use a fraction of your money to buy some Bitcoin and hold for as much as you want.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
green547

Activity: 385
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 01:49:39 PM

bitcoin has a huge upside but can also crash hard and be overtaken by other cryptocurrencies, its not worth the risk in mu opinion.
ubeng07

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 01:54:10 PM

It is risky! bitcoin price is volatile, it's recommended to have at least some fiat in case you need it urgently for something. that's why i'm 60% in bitcoin, 20% in altcoins and 20% in fiat.
yes don't put all you have in just one make some dividing method on it for it to have a good income too it is much ok you have fiat on some cases that you don't have any access for you to get some money immediately. that was my opinion only don't put all you have in just one .
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 196 »
  Print  

Jump to: