Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 08:02:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] Block Erupter USB Out of Stock - kosmo will be back!  (Read 33286 times)
Naelr

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2013, 12:42:22 PM

Without turning this sales thread into hardware/software support, I'd just like to mention that if you're trying to get up and running ASAP, BitMinter mining pool (and their free java client) work with these things very well. You'll need to get drivers mentioned on this page, create a BitMinter account, download their java client, and you should be all set.

For further advice/instructions, search for other threads specific to mining with ASICs or FPGAs.

Hope that helps to get you hashing!

Sorry wasn't trying to hijack... your right .... BACK TO SALES!!!!!!!

Naelr...

P.S. PM me if you need a bit of help setting them up!

P.P.S.    BUY BUY BUY BUYBUYBUYBUYBUYBUYBUYBUY!!!!!!!! BTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTC

Join me in hosted mining.  And always use 2 Factor Auth whenever possible.
CEX.IO hosting mining
Naelr

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2013, 02:30:04 PM

Package just arrived...

Very well packed and UPS is just awesome.. will have some pics later... nice touch with the signed pic Kosmo.. I will hang that on the side of my computer!

Naelr

CEX.IO hosting mining
kosmokramer (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

The Assman: CEO of Vandelay Import/Export, Inc.

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 03:26:11 PM

I'm going to update the OP - just talked with DHL - package was picked up a bit later than usual in China and did not make the flight to LA, therefore, it will not be delivered until Monday Sad

Expect me to update the OP Monday with tracking status - more inventory will be available for sale when it's in my hands Monday afternoon. Thanks for your patience guys - sorry for the delay :/

I already have ANOTHER order on the way from friedcat after that (expected to arrive Tuesday of next week) so we should be sittin' pretty all next week with inventory.

firstbits: 1kosmo | PGP Public Key
Naelr

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2013, 05:05:12 PM

Why is some of the trust feedback not going in the trusted section?  Anyone know?  WHOOT I HAD THE BIGGEST TRUSTED ORDER... is that good?  Or am I chasing a pipe dream because they will never ROI? WHO CARES VIA LA BITCOIN!  VIA LA KOSMO!

Naelr

CEX.IO hosting mining
kosmokramer (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 05:21:08 PM

Why is some of the trust feedback not going in the trusted section?

Granted, I just discovered the "trust" tool a few days ago, but it's my understanding that trusted feedback is from members who are already in the elite pool of trust in this community. For example, OgNasty is one of the trusted members around here, and he made a comment that I served him well, so they separate his comment from yours because perhaps his carries more weight, as he's a very trusted user.

Untrusted feedback is still good, but it doesn't carry as much weight as trusted. I could get my family to create accounts here and say as many warm and fuzzy things as possible about me, but it would all, justifiably, go under the untrusted feedback section.

This is the trust network: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust  As you can see, Og is pretty high up the hierarchy, so we value his opinion. I saw Tomatocage call out a scammer yesterday - he is pretty good at that which is likely one of the many reasons he's in that trust pool too.

Naelr

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2013, 05:33:18 PM

My feedback was posted as trusted.... on yours and arklan's trust post pages... hmmmm I GUESS I AM A TRUSTED MEMBER! GO ME!

CEX.IO hosting mining
kosmokramer (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 05:34:49 PM

My feedback was posted as trusted.... on yours and arklan's trust post pages... hmmmm I GUESS I AM A TRUSTED MEMBER! GO ME!

I'm seeing it under untrusted, no?

Naelr

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2013, 05:36:15 PM

I am looking at your trust page and I see only 2 under trusted ... Me and OgNasty... weird!

CEX.IO hosting mining
kosmokramer (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 05:37:31 PM
Last edit: June 07, 2013, 05:51:34 PM by kosmokramer

I am looking at your trust page and I see only 2 under trusted ... Me and OgNasty... weird!

Then perhaps, I don't know how it works or maybe I'm not understanding what you're seeing.

For reference, this is what my trust page looks like to myself.

Naelr

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2013, 05:41:15 PM

here is what i see

CEX.IO hosting mining
Naelr

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2013, 05:46:20 PM
Last edit: June 07, 2013, 07:59:12 PM by Naelr

BOTTOM LINE I TRUST KOSMO AND SO SHOULD YOU.  Maybe I should put pics of 20 shipped miners on here!

Believe me I am happily hashing.

one of 2 opened box of 10 (the other isn't mine to open)

There be little miners in them there boxes....

CEX.IO hosting mining
kosmokramer (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 05:50:41 PM

Ok, well that makes sense. When you look at someone's trust profile, they separate the feedback you're reading based on who's opinion YOU trust (or who's opinion they, be default, think you should trust) and who's opinion you may or may not trust (untrusted). So they suggest that you trust OgNasty's opinion of me and clearly you can trust your own opinion, so they both appear under "trusted".

It's the same with me - when I view your trust profile, my feedback for you appears under "trusted" - because (hopefully) I can trust my own opinion of you.

Just saw the pictures you posted - looks like it arrived in perfect condition!!

Naelr

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2013, 05:57:24 PM

Ok, well that makes sense. When you look at someone's trust profile, they separate the feedback you're reading based on who's opinion YOU trust (or who's opinion they, be default, think you should trust) and who's opinion you may or may not trust (untrusted). So they suggest that you trust OgNasty's opinion of me and clearly you can trust your own opinion, so they both appear under "trusted".

It's the same with me - when I view your trust profile, my feedback for you appears under "trusted" - because (hopefully) I can trust my own opinion of you.

Just saw the pictures you posted - looks like it arrived in perfect condition!!

yes sir it arrived excellent and I met the driver at his truck.. thanks for working with me on the postage and thanks for you dedication to making it all go smooth.  The pic was a nice added touch!  Sorry it was blurry I didn't notice until I posted it.   Huh

CEX.IO hosting mining
kosmokramer (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 06:19:38 PM

I've got some exciting news guys! I was able to work with BitMit support to change my weird user name (d500blahblahblah) to match my bitcointalk name! Less confusing - yay!
In addition, I provided them personal information, including my company's business license/articles of incorporation and I am now a verified BitMit seller! Pretty exciting!

I've been trying for some time now to work with BitPay to get my sales website up and running, but they are just ridiculous. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but they won't give me the time of day. Meanwhile, Joachim at BitMit is bending over backwards to help me clean-up my seller profile, change username to match BT, same-day verification, answer questions, etc .... although BitMit's fees are much higher than BitPay, I still prefer them due to outstanding customer service.

Very exciting and just wanted you all to be informed that I am now "kosmokramer" on both sites ... and verified! I'd love to gain "trusted" status on this site, but not sure what the steps are to do that. Does anyone know?

Naelr

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2013, 07:59:47 PM

I fixed my pic!

CEX.IO hosting mining
kosmokramer (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 10:31:53 PM

Still trying to get a BitPay account to better serve you guys. I posted on reddit hoping to get a bit more feedback on what the hell the secret is. Would appreciate upboats if any of you are redditors. Thanks all!

L3on

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 12:57:56 AM

Still trying to get a BitPay account to better serve you guys. I posted on reddit hoping to get a bit more feedback on what the hell the secret is. Would appreciate upboats if any of you are redditors. Thanks all!

Sad to see BitPay doesn't seem to know what is going with your account. Sounds like you have been more diligent than their support team!
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 01:01:18 AM

Only mining I've ever done has been three years ago. Non-pooled, CPU/GPU. Where can I find the best guide on getting this thing working on my behalf?
Btcguild.com is where I have mined forever... get an account and the rest is nice.

BTCGuild is kinda huge :| I might recommend any pool other than BTCGuild just to spread the hashrate around a bit more. I used to mine there until they hit ~40% or so a while back and switched to another pool.
roy7

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 01:03:26 AM

BTCGuild is kinda huge :| I might recommend any pool other than BTCGuild just to spread the hashrate around a bit more. I used to mine there until they hit ~40% or so a while back and switched to another pool.

Agreed, spread around some. I suggest BitParking (merge mining) or HHTT.
kosmokramer (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 01:11:30 AM
Last edit: June 09, 2013, 12:36:16 AM by kosmokramer

Sad to see BitPay doesn't seem to know what is going with your account. Sounds like you have been more diligent than their support team!

BitPay Approval Update: BitPay is going to try to work on my account approval, but they cannot continue until I buy and install an EV SSL Certificate even though I'm using their shopping cart and payment processing. Yes, you read that right, even though my website will be collecting no sensitive information or taking any orders in (remember, that's their back-end doing that on their servers), they are going to require that I buy and install one of the most expensive SSL certs ($500+ per YEAR) that exists. All because some of our business involves re-selling ASICs.

Ack - how am I supposed to afford a $500+ cert? Not to mention, it takes at least a couple weeks to acquire such certification. So silly.

I thought bitcoin was supposed to be the future of eCommerce - with low startup costs and minimal fees. Ha!

So here's the real kicker: Butterfly Labs doesn't even have an EV SSL cert on their website and who do you think processes their bitcoin payments?!?

Anyone more technical than me interested in tweeting BitPay or more specifically Kevin McInturff to see why I, a little merchant just trying to startup, am being held to higher standards than BFL? Color me puzzled!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: